SEGA's Yakuza series thread. Is Haruka gonna have to Komaki Parry a street punk?

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,743
    edited February 17
    yea its really important to save cp for that grid unlock.

edit: 99.7% completion and this full straight still got me over the table. Am taking black people off the list and replacing them with chinks, fuck this game.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,320
    I'm trynna find ways to earn CP... Iunno, just doing all the little things now. Karaoke, disco, underground fighting... I just really wish I had a Dragon Mail though. Can't seem to get it no matter how hard I try.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    PS_Messages_20170216_213751_zps6ohr6lus.jpg

Let's settle this once and for all:

Chika is best girl.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Turns out I had plenty of CP leftover on Kiryu and easily unlocked his grid. Totally forgot you only get extra bonus cash from Mr. Shakedown only on Kiryu. Gonna grind later tonight for all that extra cash since I was stupidly trying to do it on Majima. Lol.

Crafting top tier equipment seems way more likely than actually finding it. I got lucky and found the armor a tier below the Dragon Mail. I'm missing just one more material and I should be able to craft it. Wondering what accessories I should be looking for since I really want to beat that fuck Jo. Lol
    I can't get the fucking Dojo Certificates to craft the Regal Chain Mail.
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,195
    crucades wrote: »
    yea its really important to save cp for that grid unlock.

edit: 99.7% completion and this full straight still got me over the table. Am taking black people off the list and replacing them with chinks, fuck this game.

Wait until those 2 groups
    combine their powers
    0IC2CnE.jpg

you may as well just start playing Skullgirls
    and marrying the squidgeys to your spiderman resin statues already.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

edited February 17
    BTW

I knew crotchmuncha was lying to my face about that

GAME OVER

Because he couldn't figure out the funeral sneak in. The only person who ever said this anywhere. Easiest thing 'stealth' I've probably ever done in gaming. There is no game over. If you get caught you lose 7 seconds of progress with no loading and get sent back to the start to have to use half your brain to figure it out. They layout twice what you have to do with a map + camera showing you where.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

The only mistake could be at the counter signing in and making one of two choices of families since that part isn't so obvious. But they don't remember when you walk back up and choose the other one.
    Out here blaming the game and instead recommending C-Tier GTA games.

That used to be a thing that stuck with this series since some dumb reviewer somewhere made that comparison, which is why Mixah and such still cling to that ill-fitting notion.

When this is absolutely River City Ransom in 3D. Where tons of strange game writers also still look for the ol "sidescroller beat em up" where did they go and worse yet prevailing today, comment sections of this game = bcuz popular streamer doesn't know how to play and is too dumb to figure it out

'its a button masher and theres nothing you can do to change that'

Okay I'm actually kind pissed because I missed the Encounter Finder on Kiryu which means I'm basically fucked when it comes to quickly finding Mr. Shakedown. Pretty bullshit if you ask me. What is the point of the shared item box if I can only put consumables in it? What a waste of programming. I really hope they make certain items like Encounter Finder craftable or make anything transferable through shared item box. Sigh.

Is there certain paths that Mr. Shakedown takes in Kamuracho? I'm pretty damn discouraged right now; I don't want to start a new game just to get the Encounter Finder.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Not a terrible thing to waste Joined: Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You chose the wrong box?

Are you sure you are at the right spot? Because you get to choose twice. Always pick the bigger box. If you missed it you are fucked.
    edited February 17
    You can unlock that CP perk that he hangs out in parks then hit each one to see him. Or sleeping at the front door of the Soapland location big building at the corner of Champion District.

Majima just finished a fight. Mr Shakedown walks by us picking ourselves up LOL

--

Didn't spend any money on health recovery of the Arena fights survival mode one, Thug style couldn't handle a Yellow jumpsuit guy with a Sledgehammer, damn. For losing still get 0.75 rate of the winnings, but only took home 4.5 million.

Legend fighting style, X Triangle Psycho Crusher thru anybody, doing like 2 full tracks on one button press. Sucks Kiryu doesn't have that Finishing Blow + Throw on his still even in the first game here... or even Guard Triangle? Komaki knock back?

How many parks are there? I remember there being the Children's Park and Public Park 3, but are there others?
  • angelpalmangelpalm Not a terrible thing to waste Joined: Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »
    What chapter are you in? Is it really that far off?

I'm in Premium Adventure trying to wrap up substories. If I do NG+ I gotta do them all over again.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Joined: Posts: 8,240
    Anyway to get this soundtrack?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I postulated his possibilities and figured him out with the greatest of ease"- Smuggles
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
    youtube, ebay, i dunno look about

I'm actually wondering if it's just faster if I use Majima to exploit Mr. Shakedown since I'm losing so much time as Kiryu trying to find him. :/
    Use Majima to find the zap gun through exploration. Then unlock the tiger and dragon shop for Kiryu. Buy the zap gun for Kiryu then profit. You can take down max Shakedown in about 15 seconds.

Problem is that I don't have Encounter Finder on Kiryu because I missed it. I can probably find Mr. Shakedown as Kiryu once every 15-30 minutes running around town. It really fucking sucks, which is why I'm pretty mad at SEGA that you can't even craft that stuff.

It also really sucks that Kiryu is the only one that gets bonus money from Mr Shakedown. Guess I'm back to running around Kamuracho trying to find him. Ugh. This blows dick.
    Yea thats rough, I chose the white box too cause I figured the small box would have higher value stuff. That said I eventually got an encounter finder from somwhere lol I dunno.

But you gotta use Kiryu to make the big bucks. Sorry man thats the mechanics.

Eventually I kind of ran around a set route around town hitting the parks and champion district where he naps sometimes. Only found him napping once but eventually I grinded it out. It took quite some time but I ended up with 2.2 trillion yen. Think I'm good for quite a while now.
    Sorry for double post bit is there a Equipment Search guide? I want the good stuff to craft.
    Is there a cap on leveling a legendary style?
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,108
    Is there a cap on leveling a legendary style?

The cap is 999 i think lol.

4 more of my friends picked up the game off my recommendation and have all been loving the hell out of if. One even said hes mad he didnt get into the series earlier

Whoooooooo
    These telephone club dates are hilariouuuus
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Yea cap is 999. Am on like lvl 9 with both characters because nothing was a threat at that point. Couldnt get the full straight for my plat run so lol am sulking and am back with eve online for a while. :perturbed:

Whooooaaaah you can date Haruki (Sato). Eyyyyyy
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    edited February 19
    whoooaaaah you can do Getsuga Tenshou with the Ama no Murakumo
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Man grinding rank in the fighting arena is super boring. :(
    To get A rank takes fucking forever. I still got 200 mil to go
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    I left at B rank I think. The CP are like winning x tournaments and x prize money no?

Sucks Kiryu doesn't have that Finishing Blow + Throw on his still even in the first game here... or even Guard Triangle? Komaki knock back?
    He has both, Lv 2+ needed but I guess it probably looks slightly different like everything else.

And Triangle Circle same time for the throw one.

Looking in the List of moves on any ability chart then going thru those.

• DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,108
    Man I may give up on the plat trophy for now lol. Only because I need to seriously finish some other games. Yakuza has been a time sink for me although a good one, but even as I try to finish other shit i been back on Hitman which is another time sink lol
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 678
    All things in life sink time
    Can't even get that move to work.

Not even as sparingly as the wait until they attack, more than half the time don't get it one button counter moves.

Sega fix your game.

Hunched over Tokyo mr libido?

Go to Earth Angel bar and then send him there. You also get an advisor which will help early in the real estate for restaurants.

Wealthy Aroma/Cologne thing from CP Shrine trade in seems to get Mr Shakedown out more often. Running from random fights into Champion district, turned a corner, bumped him, but he was too slow to start a fight and the guys chasing me fight started instead. Beat them, he's gone.

But got 7 in about an hour. Lost 8th to the Purple Blazer guy, half health ground pound a soon as Square QTE is up, you're already dead. He took 5 Billion and hid with it. And it wasn't even the guy who has a plan for the money what with his wanting to go to
    Outer space!

But got him eventually for 1.5x the money he took.

Some CP things cleared gives it to both characters, each getting that Point. Raising a shop to S-Rank in Real Estate gives you 2% more share of an area. Got those weak Real Estate Upgrades first with Kiryu but could still get the Overlevel Style with not too much toruble. With Majima I screwed up getting all those Sunshine club ones and now he's not even close to getting his.

Fuck that cadence on the Green Disco Song. Makes no sense, then those orange squares at the bottom and never see when its time to hit it since it blends in. 2-3 HARD mode ones of those left. 1st goofball dancer substory down.

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone know where I can find a better version of this music?

It's not in the OST.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I finally got to start Yakuza 0 last night.

I intended to play just one hour, but I played for 2.5. I just finished the first chapter.

I love the graphics,voice acting and music. The fighting engine seems pretty cool though I'm not understanding the heat gauge that much.
    Can you do OTG attacks in this game?

also, does this game have autosave? It asked me if I want to save after finishing Ch 1.
    Or are there "Save points"?

I have about 7 million yen now.
    I encountered Mr Shakedown once and survived, but am wondering if I should use money to upgrade now or save it for stuff later on in the story?

I did really bad on the first karaoke mini game only getting 29 score lol

The Bacchus guy looks like an older Chris Elliot wearing 1930's gangster outfit. YESSS

Ive never really been into "crime" games, having only played GTA3 and Vice.
    I'm actually interested in the story for this game. with GTA, I just felt like screwing around and not playing the main story that much.

I'm having fun overall. Thanks to @Sonicabid for the recommendation!

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    I guess you weren't paying attention because the game tells you in the first ten minutes that phonebooths are save points. :rofl: They are marked with an S on your map. Glad you're enjoying the game.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    edited February 24
    The fighting engine seems pretty cool though I'm not understanding the heat gauge that much.
    Can you do OTG attacks in this game?

You gain heat gauge by hitting people. You lose it by getting hit or consuming it via heat actions. Each level you gain opens up new finishing moves and other crap to do like counter attacks and shit.
    Triangle usually hits people on the ground.

also, does this game have autosave? It asked me if I want to save after finishing Ch 1.
    Or are there "Save points"?

The game does not autosave, but unless you're playing on legendary difficulty, it lets you continue when you die.

I have about 7 million yen now.
    I encountered Mr Shakedown once and survived, but am wondering if I should use money to upgrade now or save it for stuff later on in the story?

Spend money whenever you feel like you're getting too weak. You can even spend money during bossfights when you realize you're getting your ass kicked. The money you have until chapter 5 is all pocket change though, so no need to be stingy with that.

I'm actually interested in the story for this game. with GTA, I just felt like screwing around and not playing the main story that much.

The story in this game is top notch so far. I'm only in chapter 6 but fucking hell this game already made me regret buying Mafia 2 because it's complete trash in comparison.
    The story is well written, the characters are voiced superbly and the dialogue is nothing short of great.
    You know that feel when you watch a movie and you get frustrated because the protagonists don't ask super obvious questions?
    Not here my friend. They act like real human beings and when you're like "Goddamn ask why" chances are the character will in the next line.

Game is overall great except for the graphics department and that gets remedied by the amazing gameplay and how good some of the cutscenes look.

Lots of reviewers say the combat is trash, but I feel those guys are retarded because I feel it's pretty good, has pretty good depth and unless you're power leveling like I do is chaotic and challenging. It's not like the Batman games where you can play through the whole game without getting hit by just countering everything, which is good. Fucking combat in Batman is an endless quick time event and this game, while also having combat qtes, doesn't rely that heavily on them and it feels more like an oldschool beat 'em up.

And don't think the side quests are any implication on how the main story will turn out.
    The tone of the side quests is usually light-hearted and whacky while the main story is a full blown Martin Scorsese goes Japanese gangsters type of deal.

CFN: NaughtySenpai
    569 items to eat/drink in Yakuza 5.
    Even with a full 2nd healthbar only from restaurant eating, you're gonna be sitting there

App Stim taking away a little health nonstop.

CANNON SHOT

2 rail bounce wasn't aiming for? ADVANCED 9 ball cleared in the 2nd shot. Wish I had the PS4 record video for that.
    PxjAujq.jpg
    Casino
    Blackjack

4|4 = split
    1st hand = Right side. 4|A draw = GET THE SAME 4
    2nd hand = Left side. 4|4|draw another same suit 4?!

Dealer also had a 4 of clubs showing.

Damn, how many decks are they using? Gotta be more than 4.

I got that move to work once then, when 3 guys crowded and tried to attack me at the same time.

& did get thru Y5 Arena with Kiryu only, taking out "Akira Yamaoka" in his white suit and hat.

Going back to Locker Keys, left anywhere in the city in a 3D space, damn that's too much.

Should be 6 decks for blackjack Hax but the RNG in this game is total donkey dick. Still can't get my mahjong full straight, game straight up cheats me.

Or one deck if you want to try to math your way into that 1% better odds in your favor. Which they probably won't even allow anywhere anymore.
    crucades wrote: »
    Should be 6 decks for blackjack Hax but the RNG in this game is total donkey dick. Still can't get my mahjong full straight, game straight up cheats me.

You used to be able to do half/quarter game sets not a full longass never know when its ending game.

Music after Riichi was better

Tiles weren't cramped but still could be read easily.

Can actually set rules like that.

Guess you can save a little time by doing the ranking battle one so there's no time wasted doing the trade in/buy points if you already reached that amount there for winnings tallied for completion. And probably make use of "exit the minigame" way more too with whatever button it is now. If they hadn't taken that out.

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Strikes Back Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Just got this game two days ago. I am happy.

I really like how this series handles its tonality and the fight mechanics.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    PSN for any other game = Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV:
    Shun / Luong / Mai [Geese, Leona, Beni, Mian, Kyo, King, Zarina, Terry]
    DOA5LR:
    Nyotengu / Mai[Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi, Valkenhayn]
    GGXrd R2: ???
    SFV : ???
    KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides coming soon for Dream Cancel

What was that 1.05 Update

333 MB about?

Way bigger than the first 4.

edited March 4
    What was that 1.05 Update

333 MB about?

Way bigger than the first 4.

It's a voice fix for a certain character. I tagged it as a spoiler just in case for those who haven't beaten the game.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    I think they also fixed the poker crashes.

Anyways I finally finished the game.
    Now I only got legendary difficulty, those stupid card games and fucking mahjong left to clear for that platinum trophy.
    Put 160 hours into it up until now, don't regret a single one of them.

Amazing game, though I felt the story got pretty weak by the end.
    Sega should advertise these games better in the west. I've never heard about Yakuza prior to this game, and me and my girlfriend became instant fans.
    I'd imagine many other people would feel that way about these games, assuming the others follow the same blueprint as Yakuza 0, if they knew about them and if they'd release earlier than 2 years after they come out in JP.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    what? you're fucking weak by the end. cashmeousside
    I vow to end them all.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.