SEGA's Yakuza series thread. Is Haruka gonna have to Komaki Parry a street punk?

Comments

• SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    like how do you keep track of all the heat moves you do? I was under the assumption that you just had to get all the heat moves period.

Have you ever seen any of the completion lists? They are in the start menu of the game, go to heat and the game records every heat move you do for the 1st time. So to complete that list all you have to do is perform every heat move at least once, very easy imo.
    Yakuza 1 and 2 are my favorite games on the PS2. I was pumped for Yakuza 3's US release until I read about the cut content. I cancelled my pre-order and am waiting on it to hit $20 or so before I pick it up. Yakuza1 and 2 had the hostess clubs and all the weird bullshit, why not 3?

You should really read the first couple of posts in this thread. We cover why Yakuza 3 is a definite buy and is actually worth 60 bucks.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Speaking of the chicks, is the one that was in the demo, Rena Sakurai (I think her name was), in the full game? I haven't seen her yet, and I'll need her if I'm going to 100% it.
    I think I've went out with her note that
    in Kamurocho, you will meet the ladies in both the Galetaria Ice Cream shop and the Smile Burger joint
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    Have you ever seen any of the completion lists? They are in the start menu of the game, go to heat and the game records every heat move you do for the 1st time. So to complete that list all you have to do is perform every heat move at least once, very easy imo.

You should really read the first couple of posts in this thread. We cover why Yakuza 3 is a definite buy and is actually worth 60 bucks.

Aight cool. Considering i'm at the final chapter right now and i still need to finish the last two underground tourneys, i'll probably get started on doing all the moves.
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    Aight cool. Considering i'm at the final chapter right now and i still need to finish the last two underground tourneys, i'll probably get started on doing all the moves.

Yeah to my knowledge you can perform all of the heat moves in chapter 12. So I think you should be able to get it with minimal problems.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

OK umm silly question-
    What item should I have to Complete the Sit, Rex, sit Substory ^_^; ?
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Yeah to my knowledge you can perform all of the heat moves in chapter 12. So I think you should be able to get it with minimal problems.

Quick question:
    I'm apparently missing some of the special sword moves in the HEAT list that may require me to read a book to get them. Where do you get the books from?
    ^You get them from books/DVDs you buy from the guy that mods your weapons and equipment.
    ^You get them from books/DVDs you buy from the guy that mods your weapons and equipment.

yeah just looked into it. I'm missing Three Ancient Techniques. I honestly don't know where to go for them.
  • MDogMDog I hate vaga Joined: Posts: 249
    The weapon modders will sell "[Colour] Journal". After buying them, you'll learn the Ancient Techniques.
    come and get me whoaaaa if you love and respect me
    The weapon modders will sell "[Colour] Journal". After buying them, you'll learn the Ancient Techniques.

yep found the guy. Does the completion list carry forward to the next game? I'm one level away from the final HEAT action and i know i'll get to that level once i start the hospital battle.
    No, if u start a Premium new game everything but your cash, upgrades, Heat moves and some items is reset...including Haruka's trust level.
    If u play Premium adventure however, you keep everything...even Haruka's trust level.
    No, if u start a Premium new game everything but your cash, upgrades, Heat moves and some items is reset...including Haruka's trust level.
    If u play Premium adventure however, you keep everything...even Haruka's trust level.

So in other words, beat the game till i get the last HEAT level. Play through Premium Adventure to use the last heat move, get the infinite Heat item, and then i'll be able to use it in Premium New Game?*Never mind, I figured it out now*

Anyways, Yakuza 3 yet again ends on an epic ending.
    Running the gauntlet of enemies in the hospital. Having to fight the Wesker lookalike twice, and finishing it off fighting Mine on the rooftop. Damn this game delivered.
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    I finally beat Yakuza 3 earlier today. The game seemed easier than Yakuza 2, I didn't lose any fights at all except for that trainer on the beach in Okinawa. Great game overall, and I hope Sega is working on localizing Yakuza 4. I did about 60 side missions before I beat the last 3 chapters, now I'm in Premium Adventure doing the rest of them I doubt I will platinum this game any time soon, if at all because of the mini-games. I don't have much interest in completing them and I had a shit load of other games in my need to play stack.

Holy shit for beating this game you only get a Silver trophy, goddamn.

I love the Yakuza series because it is self paced pretty much and the story is fantastic.
  • DivinusDivinus call me maybe Joined: Posts: 2,237
    Just bought and started this game today and I must say, Haruka's one hell of a child. Not only does she have a hugeass appetite (she wanted 3 ice creams, 4 drinks, some sushi and a beef-on-rice) but she's also currently kicking my ass in bowling.
    AV created thru soshi power
    Get soshified, motherfuckers
  • Mr. BastosMr. Bastos Joined: Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yakuza 4 announced for Spring 2011 :party:

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2010/060810a.html
    "I have nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free."
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams
  • Mr.BreadMr.Bread Joined: Posts: 3
    Yakuza 4 announced for Spring 2011 and a playable demo on E3.

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2010/06/08/iamkazuma/

^ The link, if anyone is interested.
  • MechZZMechZZ Joined: Posts: 1,657
    I like 3 so much that I might buy 4 at full price =O
  • Truest StrikeTruest Strike The Power Cosmic Joined: Posts: 444
    So... I really want to get into Yakuza 3, but never played 1 and 2. In general I've always wanted to play the series, just never got to it. Will it be all good if I just go straight to 3?
  • Mr.NoodleMr.Noodle Rage...Rising... Joined: Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yakuza 3 gives a good summary of the first 2 games so you can jump straight to 3. If you really want to play the first 2, they should be cheap to buy on ebay.
    Im tellin y'all a story in a gangsta way/ Thats how I roll nigga, AYE BAY BAY!!!!/ DingDang McGee
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Yakuza 3 gives a good summary of the first 2 games so you can jump straight to 3. If you really want to play the first 2, they should be cheap to buy on ebay.

I still say that EVERYBODY should play the 2nd game. Still my overall favorite game in the series, with arguably my fave storyline, short of Kenzan's.
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    I'm trading in both
    Yakuza 2-$5
    Yakuza 3-$25
    To amazon.

I haven't touched either one since beating them, loved both games. I didn't play the first one because my friend had it and when I watched him play it the English dub was ridiculous.

Can't wait for Yakuza 4 to come over here.
    IGN Video: Yakuza 4 PlayStation 3 Trailer - Announcement Trailer

Yakuza 4 trailer, GET HPE!

Also it looks like they improved the video CGI from Y3.

Is that even real? Cause if that's the case then the gangs must have did a huge number on the city fighting each other.

Is that even real? Cause if that's the case then the gangs must have did a huge number on the city fighting each other.
    IGN Video: Yakuza 4 PlayStation 3 Trailer - Announcement Trailer

Yakuza 4 trailer, GET HPE!

Also it looks like they improved the video CGI from Y3.

Aw man Spring 2011, hoping for January-March release :/. Can't wait!!!
    Im tellin y'all a story in a gangsta way/ Thats how I roll nigga, AYE BAY BAY!!!!/ DingDang McGee
    .... January-March is spring?

Just cause you're Canadian doesn't mean that all those months are Winter =P
    Check out the box art! Hope it's the same for EU as well =D
    NeoGAF - View Single Post - Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED
  • AbhiAbhi Best Team EVER Joined: Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can't wait to play Yakuza 4 on U.S
    I'm like an Hadoken

I'm like Down Right Fierce
    here's a description of some of the characters in the new Yakuza game, though the article seems to be mistaken saying it's for the PSP.

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Yakuza Of the End Has Character(s)
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams
    Wait, wtf there's ANOTHER Yakuza game in the making?
    OK, WHAT THE FUCK?! :rofl:
    Now this CANNOT be the last game in the series, seriously.
    Still doing Heat moves on these suckers will be nice.
    Well 90% of Kazuma's heat moves would pretty much leave anyone dead so they should work on zombies.
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849

Not the same shirt, so please don't tell me the guy at 0:23 is Zombie Rikiya...

Not the same shirt, so please don't tell me the guy at 0:23 is Zombie Rikiya...

damn. I honestly was hoping this whole thing was just a joke and at TGS they would reveal the real thing. I guess not.
    -Setzer FFVI

Yakuza: Of the End Has Dance Battles, Too // Siliconera
    Dancing Goro FTW.
    EDIT: Now with 720p TGS Trailer!

GET FUCKING HYPE!
    Newer trailer featuring the fighting styles of the 4 characters in Yakuza 4. I can't wait.

EDIT: Forgot to link the damn trailer :rofl:

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Yakuza 4 Trailer Gives a Beatdown
    -Setzer FFVI

Can't wait for this too. Yakuza series is one of the few series that can keep my attention these days.
    I stopped watching the video at the piledriver/powerbomb attack. Fuck the mini games, all that ass kicking action is more than enough for this game.