RJ-45 Multi Console Cthulhu Arcade Stick Tutorial Ver.2

1234568»

Comments

• Jubei KibagamiJubei Kibagami Too much naughty... Joined: Posts: 1,297
    so i swapped out both the old cthulhu and the old neutrik adapter.

its looking like it was the neutrik adapter causing the problem or possibly both because the old adapter doesnt work with either boards and the old cthulhu board doesnt agree with either adapter.

its weird for it fail suddenly after all these years.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,305
    RJ45 connectors aren't really made for repeated connects and disconnects.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • Jubei KibagamiJubei Kibagami Too much naughty... Joined: Posts: 1,297
    edited November 2016
    i understand that but of all the sticks to fail, this one shouldnt have been one of them. i can probably count how many times i used this one.

my main 2 sticks are still going strong

edit: maybe its the fact that i hardly ever used it is the actual reason why it failed?
  • NoAffinityNoAffinity Saikyooooooo!!!! Joined: Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I didn't find this info already in this thread, although maybe it's buried somewhere, and also could not find it despite multiple searches online.

To pinout an RJ-45 connector for use on SNES and MC Cthulhu:

SNES Chthulhu RJ-45 Color
    1 G 1 Brown
    4 C 4 Red
    5 F 7 Orange
    6 A 2 Yellow
    7 V 8 White

Or, simply, SNES cable colors to RJ-45

RJ-45 SNES
    1 Brown
    2 Yellow
    4 Red
    7 Orange
    8 White
    edited December 2016
    NoAffinity wrote: »
    I didn't find this info already in this thread, although maybe it's buried somewhere, and also could not find it despite multiple searches online.

To pinout an RJ-45 connector for use on SNES and MC Cthulhu:

SNES Chthulhu RJ-45 Color
    1 G 1 NULL
    4 C 4 NULL
    5 F 7 NULL
    6 A 2 NULL
    7 V 8 NULL

Or, simply, SNES cable colors to RJ-45

RJ-45 SNES
    1 NULL
    2 NULL
    4 NULL
    7 NULL
    8 NULL

I would not quote any colors matches, even if those colors are right for you, they could be wrong for someone else.
    I have found Nintendo branded controllers that didn't follow the normal color assignments.

Its best to go off Pin assignments and figure out your own color guide.
    Hence why the Original guide at the beginning of this thread never gave color to pin match ups.

I found going by the actual assignments is a better guide
    http://pinoutguide.com/Game/snescontroller_pinout.shtml

As you see from that link that Red and Yellow are often swap around.

Worst offenders is Sony controllers. With Wire colors changing with each batch of production.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,913
    No one should be cutting cables without using a multimeter, it is your best friend.

I've even seen some fucked up USB cables where the colours were all switched around.
    gahrling wrote: »
    No one should be cutting cables without using a multimeter, it is your best friend.

I've even seen some fucked up USB cables where the colours were all switched around.

I got a USB cable where the colors were Yellow, Blue, Brown, and Red. And Red was not VCC.
  • sasquachsasquach MvC2 making a comeback 2017? Joined: Posts: 365
    Darksakul wrote: »

I got a USB cable where the colors were Yellow, Blue, Brown, and Red. And Red was not VCC.

That's fucking disgusting, mines were purple, blue, white, and red iirc and white wasn't D- and red wasn't VCC, LMAO. This is why DMMs are the best so you'll be prepared for matchups like these.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
    Good points. I thought about that as I was posting, but figured someone would call me out on it if it would be an issue. ;)

Nonetheless, hopefully the correlation to the RJ-45 pins is helpful. That wasn't noted in the original post, and was probably the biggest head scratcher of the effort.

Also worth mentioning that SNES wiring does not simply slide or stab into an RJ-45 connector like most other cables I've created. It took a bit of finagling and jimmy-rigging with various fine-point edged "tools" that I had at my immediate disposal. The individual cables don't all extend to the end of the RJ-45 head like I would like, but they are in far enough for contact to be made once crimped and the cable to works.
    NoAffinity wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that SNES wiring does not simply slide or stab into an RJ-45 connector like most other cables I've created. It took a bit of finagling and jimmy-rigging with various fine-point edged "tools" that I had at my immediate disposal. The individual cables don't all extend to the end of the RJ-45 head like I would like, but they are in far enough for contact to be made once crimped and the cable to works.

That's because you're using the wrong plugs.

Use 2 piece Cat6 plugs, they come with a separate loading bar so you don't waste your life feeding the wires through a fucking assault course.

LOL, I was wondering if such a thing existed. Thanks for the advice. Will definitely get some for future cabling.
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 156
    Im having problems with making the RJ45 gamecube cord for the MC Cthulhu ezmod that Jasen released. I used the Silver GC controler cord & multimeter the 1,2&3 spots get the RJ45 done

nothing is reading, then I thought , do I have to update this board ? but how can I without usb?

anybody know whats up with the GC cube part for this MC Cthulhu ?
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 156
    edited March 8
    this is what I fallowed

Gamecube:
    GameCubeCableEnd.jpg
    Gamecube pin    Purpose    RJ45 Pin
    3              Ground      1
    2              Data        7
    1              VCC          8

Mit, post: wrote:
    I just finished modding an SE Wii stick with an MC Cthulhu and made a USB and a Gamecube cable
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 161
    I have a question about the MC Cthulhu. It says it's Wii compatible, so I'm curious. Is there a pinout for the Wii Extension cable so that it can be used with the Wii Nunchuk and theoretically the NES Classic?

http://a.co/dwjntLK

If so does anyone have a pinout for one?

And if not, is it only by using some Wii Adapter (and how much lag would that cause)?
    I feel like I wasted money on this .... I fallowed all the steps and zero results

this sucks
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,339
    I feel like I wasted money on this .... I fallowed all the steps and zero results

this sucks

Hit me up.
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,174
    I have a question about the MC Cthulhu. It says it's Wii compatible, so I'm curious. Is there a pinout for the Wii Extension cable so that it can be used with the Wii Nunchuk and theoretically the NES Classic?

http://a.co/dwjntLK

If so does anyone have a pinout for one?

And if not, is it only by using some Wii Adapter (and how much lag would that cause)?

It was only Wii Compatible via the Gamecube ports, so if the game doesn't support Gamecube controllers or you have a later generation Wii without CG ports, it won't work.
1234568»