SSF4/USF4: What other players msg you after you beat them?

Comments

• divinemarkpizzadivinemarkpizza Joined: Posts: 297
    Well anyone run into this troll on PC? He tells me I'm dumb for buying a costume yet, he had a dlc costume as well.
    2znsso8.jpg
    daigo madcattz is godlike
  • The 5th HorsemanThe 5th Horseman Rushdown Artist Joined: Posts: 408
    After beating some random in ranked, he sends me a message saying " I'm going to ass dick you for cheating air spin kick "

......still slightly confused lol .....
    " Drunk or not, I always play for my stream monsters. " Drunk FChamp
    " There are no pacts between lions and men. " - Achilles
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    Don't really see many messages since I play on PC at odd times of the day, My Guy ran into this fellas Gouken and I won easily.. and got this shortly after:

[image snip]

I tried to reply and say that Guy has bad match ups too.. but he just stayed angry.

So, since you want to post up a call-out, I'm going to respond to it.

For starters, let's see. Guy:

- Gets in for free
    - Doesn't know the meaning of the word unsafe
    - Knows nothing about being pressured after knockdown, thanks to a 'Get Out of Jail Free' move
    - Has flip throw box that may as well be half the screen wide and overrides any attack boxes that might be out at the time

Add those all up, and you have what is arguably about the second most-lopsided matchup in the game (after Fuerte-Gouken, since Seth-'gief was evened out quite a bit since vanilla).

Edit: Here's some evidence for the matchup being god-awful. This is one of the world's best Gouken players, being absolutely manhandled by an unknown Guy player.

And I've always had beef with the ranking system Capcom's used for SF4. It make absolutely no sense to allow some scrub to come in 10 to 15 times, lose each time, dropping only 1 point (if that), and luck out a victory to hit the jackpot at 128 (and if that weren't the cap, you know it would be even higher). A good ranking system would also take matchups into account. If it turned out, for example, that El Fuerte regularly beats Gouken, that needs to be considered as well, not just the difference in PP at the time.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,878
    Otinhhoso unknown? what?.

Those matchups are bad, but they are no Blanka vs Hawk/Guile vs Bison. Come on man.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    LOL a Gouken player bitching about other chars being derp. Mash sweep harder, bro.
    Why.
  • The 5th HorsemanThe 5th Horseman Rushdown Artist Joined: Posts: 408
    So, since you want to post up a call-out, I'm going to respond to it.

For starters, let's see. Guy:

- Gets in for free
    - Doesn't know the meaning of the word unsafe
    - Knows nothing about being pressured after knockdown, thanks to a 'Get Out of Jail Free' move
    - Has flip throw box that may as well be half the screen wide and overrides any attack boxes that might be out at the time

Add those all up, and you have what is arguably about the second most-lopsided matchup in the game (after Fuerte-Gouken, since Seth-'gief was evened out quite a bit since vanilla).

Im sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this one.

1) Guy doesnt get in for free. Not even close. Not in high level gameplay at least. The dude has two DECENT pokes, and only one can be special buffered. He gets out poked by a lot of the cast, gets zoned by a lot of the cast, and gets beat up close by a lot of the cast. He only gets in free if you (the opposing player) is impatient and doesnt make reads and is just throwing shit out. every character has ways to shut down his get in options, or at least make him not want to use certain options (obviously no one is going to do a raw bushin flip vs gief or hawk......that shit is a free spd > mixup all day.

2) How does Guy so safe from everything ? Hes not....at all.....all of his get in options put him at negative frame advantage. Bushin flip elbow doesnt put him at + frames, run xx stop doesnt put him at +frames, nothing does. Yeah, he can do run / stop pressure, but downback beats literally everything he can do. The only thing Guy can do to a downbacker is try to get a throw in there or mix it up with a run > overhead, which you cant combo after unless its meaty as fuck. Sorry, but " Guy doesnt know the meaning of unsafe" is just bullshit.

3) I shouldnt even have to cover this.....first off, it costs a bar, so inherently, its not a get out of jail FREE card. Secondly, any reversal, no matter how good it is, is NEVER safe if it cant be fadc'ed. EX Tatsu cannot be fadc'ed, therefore, is not a safe option. The Guy player has make a read, and if hes wrong, gets a max damage punish.

4) Guile says "Hello". Again, if you can read or react to the bushin flip throw, you can beat it, you just need to throw your attack early.....and besides, why the fuck are you jumping so much vs Guy anyways ? The dude has 2 air throws, one of which can have invincibility. I also mentioned Guile because I know from firsthand experience vs Lamerboi, that Guile shits all over Guy's bushin flip attempts. And its not just Guile.....you just dont know how to deal with it. And obviously you dont know the properties of the move itself, because if you did.....you would know that bushin flip throw WILL NOT grab anyone crouching.

5) Guy / Gouken is honestly 6/4, at absolute worst. Gouken can zone Guy really well until Guy has meter to ex run/slide, and even then, once gouken has meter, every wakeup becomes a guessing game not only for Gouken, but for Guy as well as to when Gouken is going to try to throw out an EX Counter. If Gouken doesnt have meter, then thats a totally different topic, but its not ONLY Guy who gives Gouken this problem. Anyone with a solid mixup game does.....its been Gouken's crux ever since vanilla. This matchup is nowhere near "worst matchup in the game".....Guile / Bison, Hawk / Blanka, Chun / Gief.....all of those matchups are worse......much worse.

tl;dr

learn the matchup.
    " Drunk or not, I always play for my stream monsters. " Drunk FChamp
    " There are no pacts between lions and men. " - Achilles
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 616
    I got two haters these pas two days. One spanish dude that first sent me "stop spam" which i thought was pretty funny, since I played Honda and I rarely confirm my HHS. After i owned his ass with some oicho mixup, he quits the room and I get the "your mother cancer fuck" or something and how he's going to steal my account.
    The second hater was persuaded i used some hack to prevent him from anti-airing my lp and mp jumpins. So i got the "hack goon learn to play proper" treatment, after i beat his T_Hawk twice...
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    Had one of those nights where my execution completely blows, and barely beat DikyBoy23, a fairly pressure-heavy Guile. He sends me the message "lmao, crossover noob". I snicker a bit and decide to taunt, and answer:

"Wow, touchy :D Not into trying to meaty Guiles online. And somehow I still beat you..."

He replies:
    "Except ur shit as u played scrub tactics whole match, sign of shit players"

I go:
    "And the Guile that loses to shit Codys online is... Golden!"

He retorts:
    "errr ur retarded, if i used scrub tactics i wud win*, spam turtle retreat spam turtle retreat, but i dont, its boring, man ur thick as shit, lol"

I reply:
    "Well, guess you'll never know now, will you?

Chill, man. Don't take the game so personally, you'll have more fun :D"

Alas, that's the end of it. Return-trolling is fun!
  • Nemesys_SyndromeNemesys_Syndrome What the?! Where?! Joined: Posts: 2,412
    In a way this feels more like a compliment than just ragemail. My combos and strings were on point enough to have this guy message me:
    2012-10-28_00003.jpg
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    Beat this Gen player here. He had something like 2.2k PP and 4k BP. Not that it means anything, but I figured at that point you should at least know the very basics, right?

Anyway, toward the end of the match, I heard him say something in his headset that sounded like, "You are a jump-over pussy!" I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said, I was watching a show on my PC, but I definitely heard "pussy".

After that, I sent him a text message saying "grow up".
    His response, "learn to fight old man."
    My response, "you lost... badly... are you really this stupid?"
    Then I got this:

rageq.jpg

Poor kid doesn't know what a cross-up is.
  • BeautifulViolenceBeautifulViolence Will turtle you out. Joined: Posts: 391
    In a way this feels more like a compliment than just ragemail. My combos and strings were on point enough to have this guy message me:

I got the same message, verbatim, from the same guy. Hate mail has indeed become a lost art if this guy is just cutting and pasting them!
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,991
    Beat this Gen player here. He had something like 2.2k PP and 4k BP. Not that it means anything, but I figured at that point you should at least know the very basics, right?

Anyway, toward the end of the match, I heard him say something in his headset that sounded like, "You are a jump-over pussy!" I'm not sure if that's exactly what he said, I was watching a show on my PC, but I definitely heard "pussy".

After that, I sent him a text message saying "grow up".
    His response, "learn to fight old man."
    My response, "you lost... badly... are you really this stupid?"
    Then I got this:

rageq.jpg

Poor kid doesn't know what a cross-up is.
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I LUV THIS GUY. SAYS THAT CROSSUPS ARENT REAL, N ITS NOT A REAL FIGHT. KEEPS SCREAMING JUMPING OVER POWER PUSSY ON HIS MIC. ALWAYS HILARIOUS
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
  • Boita-cartonBoita-carton Joined: Posts: 296

snkneogeoaes is a common rager, and he only uploads his wins and perfects on youtube
    PSN: Boitacarton/SpiderQueenLolth
    GFWL: SpiderQueenLoth
    Steam: sadhusatana
    Juri PC steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/teamjuriPC/
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 584
    snkneogeoaes is a common rager, and he only uploads his wins and perfects on youtube

Yeah Ive had similar rage messages from him before. He must have a template or something hes not smart enough to come up with new insults.
  • AJMartinezAJMartinez Joined: Posts: 4
    On PSN, I was looking to level up my Balrog, and I badly beat a guy that was playing Sakura. Almost perfected him on both rounds and he didn't know how to react. He messages me saying that I have no versatility and that I'm too predictable. He continues to send me salty messages to the point where he challenges me to an endless battle. Long story short, I beat him 5-1 (he changed chars after every fight, and I lost against his T.Hawk -_-) and he told me that I sucked.
    Yeah.
  • P0WAH0USEP0WAH0USE Joined: Posts: 13
    The other day I lost a couple in SFxT and only sent one hate mail-ish message, which was "This game is so bad. Haha, why don't you just play Street Fighter?"

I think I've played a total of 10 matches online in that game, and probably won three or four.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    wanna read something funny?
    couple days ago i was in my endless lobby match, there were like 4 people including me in the lobby.
    i'm using juri, and my opponent was a dudley.
    its the 3rd round of the match, i get him dizzy and down to a sliver of health. instead of fa into pinwheel to finish him off i just throw him.
    i have almost my entire health bar. he's got a sliver of health.
    he wakes up. i charge some fuhajins.
    he proceeds to go on the most serious of all tears in gaming history.
    i'm talking about the comeback of the century. stuns me, and i get killed.
    it was epic comeback my friends like you wouldn't believe.
    so i lose and fall back in line.
    moment i lose i get a message from from one of the other players in my lobby who watched the comeback to end all comebacks.
    he messages me this message:
    "LOL good one"
    i think to myself, "hmmmm. did he mistakenly send that to me instead of the dudley player? or is he rubbing some salt in my wounds? the wound i'm licking."
    i think he's just rubbin salt...so i message him back "dayum, that was a serious comeback! i choked badly. i gots blown the fuq up!"
    he messages me back "lol, whoops! sent that message to the wrong person."
    i message back "lol, thats so funny. i suspected you got confused and did. i demand salty runback though. that dudley needs to suck hard on my juri's pedicured toes."
    he messages back, "you're up next against him, good luck"

i gots me some dudley spit all over my juri's pretty toes.
    and it felt so good.
    <don't get turned on manx, if your reading this>

that's all folks
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,137
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,194
    LOL a Gouken player bitching about other chars being derp. Mash sweep harder, bro.

-__-, are you really going to put out a safe sweep as derp compared to all the other tools that other chars have?
  • DeadlyNightshadeDeadlyNightshade Game developer Joined: Posts: 27
    "That was retarded - How can I counter that?"

And then I told him to watch out for my seismos and stop trying to fight me long range. I always try and be friendly to people and I understand that he used the word "retarded" here because he thought I got off some sick damage - not because I played lame or something.
  • DpendletonDpendleton Sneaky hands. Joined: Posts: 1,357
    The other day I lost a couple in SFxT and only sent one hate mail-ish message, which was "This game is so bad. Haha, why don't you just play Street Fighter?"

I think I've played a total of 10 matches online in that game, and probably won three or four.
    SFXT is a damn good game. You can't get away with doing dumb shit in it. Once they patch it this game will be even better.
    "You did well it was an honor"- E. Honda. Come on CAPCOM fix that netcode son!!
  • sorrowsticksorrowstick Joined: Posts: 253
    love letters (i don't call em' ragemail)..? occasionally, i got some of them .....

they hate me for taunting,
    taunt are already in the game and everything in the game are legal as long as you don't mod it.
    so everyone has a previlige to taunt (regardless your character, not ony limited to Dan)

insulting? offending? thats your problem for unable to accept some in-game "friendly interactive"
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 335
    I don't like it, I only taunt with players I know better and even there rarely. Just feels disrespectful and at least in my vision playing online or offline is to have fun and improve together. So taunting just feel out of place. Yeah it's part of the game, so are chat messages in rts or fps games. After a match I maybe wanna ask the other one something or invite him to endless matches. If the other player was insulted before, then it's not only his but also my problem because I closed the door to him.

ps: dan of course has to taunt, it's his gameplay lol but nobody I ever met took him seriously anyway
  • EBENEZER_GOODEBENEZER_GOOD Joined: Posts: 280
    Some guy I played the other day had the comment 'time to taunt' and was taking guile's shades on and off every 10 seconds throughout 2 games we played that he won.

He switched character to someone he has less points with. I won it and taunted once during the game as a light hearted nod to his over zealous taunting earlier. He then sends me ragemail because 'omg u taunted against my d rank'... And some other nonsense about winning with ultras not counting or something.

So fucking ridiculous that people have some sort of honour code in regards to taunting. If you take offence to it or find it disrespectful you're taking the game waaaayyy too seriously. Especially online. To display the hypocrisy of this guy too is full retard...

I just replied 'lmao who cares?'
  • DugTheFreshestDugTheFreshest Joined: Posts: 297
    I main deejay, if you whiff your ultra, you get pointed at, and laughed at every single time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    youtube.com/dugthefreshest
    XBL ManTan
    PSN dugthefreshest
    It's not about to take the game too seriously (well look at this forum and the effort players put into this game) but more to respect your opponent and take him seriously. Unlike in sf3ts where taunts also have an actual influence on the gameplay in games like sf4 it's purely there to provoke your opponent. So I don't really get it how one can be surprised if the opponent feels insulted by taunts if you taunted to provoke in the first place. It's not like someone would taunt against the cpu so the motivation is clearly to strike your opponent on an emotional level (which can of course make him do stupid decsions... or just ragequit).

Seems also to me like an online phenomena, in all the years of watching tournament streams I probably can count the taunts I saw on one hand. So this leads me to believe that it's just another form of online trolling in the secure shell of anonymity. Since I don't wanna induce rage but play intereseting matches I just keep the taunts to myself.
    As for me taunting are made especially to turtler, as it symbolic of their cowardice and no guts to take an approach of offense.
    They just send their projectile to the job. Even worse, some of them are flowcharting (e.g Da Stangy). I have no problem with flowcharting...
    but turtler 24/7?? ~~~~they deserved to be taunted.

So who said taunting won't help improve each other?
    It help to call out so-called "i'm-a-damn-good-defensive-player" to change their gamestyle.
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
    depends on the matchup. some characters should play turtly and defensively against others. probably pretty senseless to taunt for example as a gief player against guile to move him to make more offense. also taunts only seem to have on influence if you have the live lead.. otherwise they often have the opposite effect and show that you're desperate and don't have a clue how to act against your opponent.
    i respect dat if you wanna relate trolling with taunting,
    coz i do taunt against opponent who pick an easy way to win,
    and i'm proud of it...proud of trolling, proud to taunt a shoutout says:
    "do i have to besiege your fort all nite long? when would you come out
    from your castle and storm me with your horde of paladin?"

the game would be more fun if we trade hit with physical moves offensively,
    even if i lost.....its ok, just like fighting against Guy or Abel,
    good thing is, offensive boxer-brg and guile still exist...
    i hope they're not extinct.

and i have no problem to receive taunts, coz I ain't gonna take anything
    in the game as offending.
  • EBENEZER_GOODEBENEZER_GOOD Joined: Posts: 280
    Unlike in sf3ts where taunts also have an actual influence on the gameplay in games like sf4 it's purely there to provoke your opponent. So I don't really get it how one can be surprised if the opponent feels insulted by taunts if you taunted to provoke in the first place. It's not like someone would taunt against the cpu so the motivation is clearly to strike your opponent on an emotional level (which can of course make him do stupid decsions... or just ragequit).

Isn't successfully provoking a stupid decision from the opponent considered a significant influence on the gameplay? Just because it works on the opponent on an 'emotional level' rather than the taunt animation having a direct influence such as scoring damage, doesn't make it any less viable a tactic.

Or perhaps the opponent isn't taunting tactically but is instead just trolling you?

Maybe he's giving you a nod for an impressive bit of play on your part?

Maybe he hit hp+hk by mistake?

Maybe his taunt animation changed his hitbox so was being used as an attempt to evade a hit?

Whatever your opponents reason behind taunting the best response is no response - both in game and by ragemail. Don't waste your time getting offended. It's best when doing anything online not to bother trying to second guess a persons intentions, you're usually wrong and even if you're right (and that other person really is taunting you just to be a dick) it really doesn't fucking matter.
    Isn't successfully provoking a stupid decision from the opponent considered a significant influence on the gameplay? Just because it works on the opponent on an 'emotional level' rather than the taunt animation having a direct influence such as scoring damage, doesn't make it any less viable a tactic
    of course it can be a viable tactic. maybe I have another understanding of behaviour in mp games but even if a strike on the emotional level is profitable I just wanna have some good matches and don't make the opponent feel mad about me (only about his own decisions). probably a too harmonic view for fighting games but that's just the way I roll.
    Whatever your opponents reason behind taunting the best response is no response - both in game and by ragemail. Don't waste your time getting offended.
    agreed. I just avoid these players, don't feel lke playing dicks who take their fun by offending others with excessive taunting or rage mails.
    Whatever your opponents reason behind taunting the best
    response is no response - both in game and by ragemail.
    Don't waste your time getting offended.

I give a salute respect to my opponent who never got bothered
    by direct taunt.But can my opponent handle an "indirect taunt"?
    If not, do i deserved to be abandon by their ragequit?

Well, check this out guys:

ragequitter12112012.jpg

Kate242007, This scrub had abandon my match for 3times in a row + even mail me
    to stop mashing and stop pull-out random wakeup
    ultra/super/special (its a mixup game, duh~!!), but i don't even bother.
    Later, this fellar has exposed as one of female online player...
    also, she claimed dat my "not-so gentlemen mashing" gameplay
    is kinda "indirect taunt" to her.

She supposed to be lucky since i didn't even push HP+HK through out all session.
    Come on, she's a girl so to be a gentlemen; i guess there's no need to taunt.
    But again, she did ragequit for the 4th time. Its her own fault she got
    baited by n-jump frametrap and inhaled my cody's dread dust of u2 (pic above). so i reply:

Now I know why girls shouldn't play street fighter. They can't accept losing. Thanks for your ragequit I love My Little Pony so much it hurts again, you epic fail bitch.

and she sent me back with these:

ragemail12112012.jpg

Am I dat bad to be deserved dat much?

i just random mash and mix up my game.
    do i have to pattern my moves
    and be a flowchart like Da-Stangy eventually?
    is true; random mash = disrespect your opponent? really?
    Tell me, how do i play with honest, honour and respect (other than taunting)?

For a girl, Kate can swing a big wallop. I had a hard time handling against her
    dive kick + footsies, command pokes, Ex-tornado palm and MK-messiah kick.
    I think she's Candy in real life....no wonder she choose her boyfriend, Rufus.

Yet, I don't think she's in the same league with Kayane.

he ragequit twice in a row thats why i recorded
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    netherlands - canada thats why he quit
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
    netherlands - canada thats why he quit
    there was another match where i was winning against him and he activated a lag switch while taunting, and then disconnected
    didn't manage to record it
    I didn't get a ragequit but....I did get this one particular message...."You turtle too much". Ironic that the message came from a player who had "Guile" in his tag.
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    there was another match where i was winning against him and he activated a lag switch while taunting, and then disconnected
    didn't manage to record it
    do you understand it is impossible to get a good (for SSF4) connection across the fucking Atlantic Ocean?
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
    do you understand it is impossible to get a good (for SSF4) connection across the fucking Atlantic Ocean?
    I beg to differ on that. It's not impossible.
    yea but i don't start lag switching taunting and then disconnect whenever i get a bad connection and lose
  • DpendletonDpendleton Sneaky hands. Joined: Posts: 1,357
    I beg to differ on that. It's not impossible.
    I personally have had good connections with folks from overseas. So under optimal conditions it can be done.
    "You did well it was an honor"- E. Honda. Come on CAPCOM fix that netcode son!!