SSF4/USF4: What other players msg you after you beat them?

Comments

• sorrowsticksorrowstick Joined: Posts: 253
    That's fine and all. Just don't expect to make many friends.

making friends? hello, this is online spar. we don't treat gfwl/xboxlive/psn/steam like a facebook.....
    we're fighting not socializing. there's a difference.

As for that, we don't send ragemail through facebook
    (assume you have added some of your friend in gfwl/xbl/steam/psn friendlist to facebook)....
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
  • doubleohdoubleoh Joined: Posts: 258
    Speak for yourself. I like to add good players/people I enjoy playing with to my friends list. That becomes harder to do when people think you're a douche.
    SSFIVAE: Abel
    Made me lol. So far out of left field.

you know what? There's once I bumped someone in other forum who ask capcom to remove character winning quote. he claimed some of those quote somehow quite offending and sometimes insulting, seems it fairly similar to ragemail.

i guess he does not agree with:
    "GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY _______ (your job here)" LOL!!

what other winning quote do you guys think disturbing?
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
  • PsychocultPsychocult Joined: Posts: 50

Whatever, dude.

;)
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504
    If you're a good player and you taunt, good shit. Online it seems most taunters are scrubs, mostly flowchart laggy Ryus, you gotta earn them taunts.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
    I don't mind a taunt if it's done after a sick read or play. Or if you dizzy the guy and wanna feel good. But taunting for the sake of taunting? Whatever.
    "Wanna get a bite to eat?" ... Just hilarious, how could you not laugh at that? People who lack a sense of humor, no matter how "pro" or "high-level" or "scrubby" or "noob" aren't worth my time, online, or in real life.
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 199
    Speak for yourself. I like to add good players/people I enjoy playing with to my friends list. That becomes harder to do when people think you're a douche.
    Same here.

I think there's a way to use taunt without being a douche about it. Like using it in the beginning of a set (Ryu tightening his bandana) or focus cancel taunting a fireball that your opponent throws straight away. But I only do it when playing with friends heh. I mean you're not really playing for anything online - there's no reason to reinforce negative emotions because the goal is to play and have fun.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭✭
    I only taunt if I'm playing with friends who know that I'm just clowning around. And heck, I have fun when they taunt me as well (usually happens when we decide to play random characters and mash everything). Otherwise I think its bad sportsmanship because you're trying to anger the other person. No reason to sugar-coat it.
    I only taunt if I'm playing with friends who know that I'm just clowning around. And heck, I have fun when they taunt me as well (usually happens when we decide to play random characters and mash everything). Otherwise I think its bad sportsmanship because you're trying to anger the other person. No reason to sugar-coat it.

Well, what i can say most online player need to consult therapist to solve their anger management issues. LOL.
    If you're a good player and you taunt, good shit. Online it seems most taunters are scrubs, mostly flowchart laggy Ryus, you gotta earn them taunts.

heck yeah....Ryu player deserved to be taunted. They are the legion who take away all the enjoyment and exhilaration of online play....everyday is so dull (yes....indeed, always the same typical ryu whenever i met online).
  • shinbojanshinbojan Joined: Posts: 307
    Ryu player deserved to be taunted. They are the legion who take away all the enjoyment and exhilaration of online play....everyday is so dull (yes....indeed, always the same typical ryu whenever i met online).

No, they are not.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel Mr. Contrarian™ Joined: Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ridiculous how much of a hypocrite you are, sorrow.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"
    GT: IX Phantom IV
    PSN: PhantomSRK
    3DS: 2981 - 6233 - 6740
    ファントム
    Well, what i can say most online player need to consult therapist to solve their anger management issues. LOL.
    Um... ever heard of victim blaming?
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs ν=13 Joined: Posts: 540

My Chun is the very epitome of sportsmanship. Every time I get a hard knock down she says "Sorry!"
    Ramon is free!
    Yosuke, AKA chibi-tibbs will miss you. - Goatrix
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
    Um... ever heard of victim blaming?

Are you sure those are really 100% victim? They need to check themselves the reason they got taunted in the first place.
    Its ridiculous how much of a hypocrite you are, sorrow.
    hypocrite.....?? ok fine. thanks for the compliment. i'm proud of that one too.
  • BlaqAcidBlaqAcid All Blaq Everything Joined: Posts: 187

I tend to agree with this...but for whatever reason the prick in me finds such enjoyment in watching AquaSilk do Gief's laughing taunt whenever he gets a stun. Today was my first attempt at picking up Zangief, we'll see how it goes...
    Ibuki | Cammy | Morrigan
    hypocrite.....?? ok fine. thanks for the compliment. i'm proud of that one too.

Well, you shouldn't be because it wasn't a compliment. What you need to do is work toward changing that and the other things you're "proud" of like mashing and having horrible sportsmanship.

You clearly love to voice your opinion on a multitude of topics. However, it becomes pointless when you end up going "It's wrong when other people do it but, when I do it, its fine." Seriously, cut that shit out.
    ファントム
    Whenever I need a good laugh, this thread is guaranteed to bring the comedy gold! :)
    Well, you shouldn't be because it wasn't a compliment. What you need to do is work toward changing that and the other things you're "proud" of like mashing and having horrible sportsmanship.
    You clearly love to voice your opinion on a multitude of topics. However, it becomes pointless when you end up going "It's wrong when other people do it but, when I do it, its fine." Seriously, cut that shit out.

Why should i change to be someone else? I will keep mashing and i mash to win......mashing is legit and not cheating. its nothing to do with sportsmanship.
    taunting is in the game...if its make the community worse, capcom would remove it since 1990's. and again....taunting has nothing to do with sportsmanship.

"It's wrong when other people do it but, when I do it, its fine." <---- dafuq? when did i....? taunt me back if you want...mash me back if prefer. i'm cool with dat.
    Why should i change to be someone else? I will keep mashing and i mash to win......mashing is legit and not cheating. its nothing to do with sportsmanship.
    taunting is in the game...if its make the community worse, capcom would remove it since 1990's. and again....taunting has nothing to do with sportsmanship.

"It's wrong when other people do it but, when I do it, its fine." <---- dafuq? when did i....? taunt me back if you want...mash me back if prefer. i'm cool with dat.

Ooh, really? I'll just leave this here then...

In response to someone saying they don't mind being taunted:
    Its hard to find player like you these days. Full of sportsmanship... Kudos to you~!
    its weird when i did not get any rage message after i qq (during selection screen only) against ryu player.
    i just press Alt F4 whenever i see someone pick ryu online....but please don't hate me on this.
    its undeniable .... we do notice that everybody around the globe
    already tired of getting flooded with typical shoto like ryu...its ok to qq then

but what's up qq against el fuerte during selection screen?
    3. please don't lie to yourself....you guys could have at least 1 opponent bad habit. take some of these example....vortex scrub with 50/50 unblockables, spamming projectile excessively, OS overpressure, dull flowchart, mixup random + frametrap, dp random masher or perhaps, turtlers. don't they deserved to be bashed with personal action? as for me i should taunt'em real hard (take it as insult if you against me too much) so i could sent my opponent a subliminal message to change their gamestyle.
    ファントム
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭
    If someone taunts you, taunt them back. You have a taunt button yourself. Much like so:

I don't know this person and it wasn't stellar gameplay on either end but it was kinda funny just taunting each other back and forth.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • FastlaneFastlane Joined: Posts: 216
    Some guy just send me "ggs,gr8 gief" after he beat me pretty badly with his Juri. I replied with "it was just one game dud, no need to be an asshole ;)" to which he replied "im not" and "i feel bad now".
    I rejoined his lobby and beat him. I don't know what his messages were about, did he want to make fun of me, did he just want to cheer me up in a bad way... I have no idea ^^
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 232
    Seems to me like he was just being nice.

Not very common, I can understand the misconstruction.
    Yup, I usually send supporting messages like that to people and explain myself if I leave after just one game.

I mean it's a bit annoying if you face a good player but don't really get a chance to do anything.

Like today I got exposed against a highly ranked Cammy from Scandinavia and the guy just kicks me out after first game (yeah it was a blowout, I guessed wrongly and made some bad calls ;_; ) - not even giving me a second game to gain composure, put some spit in my hands and smack myself to better anti-air reactions..

I mean what is that nonsense. That's a message in itself and not a good one.
  • Pro MarshmalloPro Marshmallo Joined: Posts: 81
    An exchange on PSN:

ProMarshmallo in the roll of Dudley and this special night Orthochromis reprising his roll as Akuma.

ProMarshmallo: "Good Game"

Orthochromis: "Not really, I showed you too much respect while you mash on wake up. Stay free."

ProMarshmallo: "Lol, stay in your salt mine"

Orthochromis: "I'm chillin, let me know when you stop mashing DP on wake up, stay free."

ProMarshmallo: "Dudley can't mash DP on wake up unless its EX. If you're going to cry about it at least know something about the match-up."

Orthochromis: "Stay free."

ProMarshmallo: "You should at least put that energy into learning some stuff if you're going to get sore."

Orthochromis: "Stay free."

End scene.
    Lmao! People sure have been especially salty on PSN lately. ;)
    I think it's a trend online, i've never ever received a gg when the other player lost, people only send ggs when they win.

PSN is full of pussies
  • BlaqAcidBlaqAcid All Blaq Everything Joined: Posts: 187
    I think it's a trend online, i've never ever received a gg when the other player lost, people only send ggs when they win.

Sadly I think you're right. It doesn't seem to matter how many GGs or advice notes I send out (win or lose) people just never seem interested in replying, unless theyre pissed. I think after several weeks straight of this (psn and live), I finally got a simple GG in reply from this really solid Ryu player (live) after I told him GG and that he had a really strong final round. It eventually turns into where I don't want to bother sending a message (win or lose) which only fuels the issue at hand. :/
    That bothers me, and how quickly people are to leave or boot after one match in an endless lobby. Or the players who lose a few in a row to you, win one and bail. That's ass.
    Ibuki | Cammy | Morrigan
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭
    Yeah it hurts their fragile minds. They think how can I lose im so good at this game??? this guy must be cheating.. CPU error, cant cope .. need therapy... mommy...

I send ggs sometimes even when I lose, last week sent a ggs to this high ranking Ibuki player they were real close matchs.

Me: ggs
    Him: No.
    Me: huh?
    Him: Those werent ggs, you kept running away with Dhalsim. You didnt do any combos with him your not as good as filipino champ.
    Him: you mad bro?
    Me: Hmm.. let me think I sent you a "ggs" does that make me mad? LOL Take a look in the mirror youll find some one mad.

WTF? The guy was suggesting I play close his Ibuki so he can vortex me.

Beginner hardly ever send salty message, I beat loads of beginners 20+ 30+ wins in a row most times they send a "thanks for not kicking me message".
    [SIZE=13px]
    I think it's a trend online, i've never ever received a gg when the other player lost, people only send ggs when they win
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]
    You need to be part of the solution. Make it a mission to send GGs even when you get randomed out and are slightly annoyed about it :)
    [/SIZE]
    Ooh, really? I'll just leave this here then...

In response to someone saying they don't mind being taunted:
    let me explain you panel by panel...

Panel no.2 - What is wrong with dat? Its just my sincere compliment for AugustAPC. He deserved a credit.

Panel no.3 - Do I have to repeat why I qq against Ryu? I have my own right not to be stucked in repeatitive and boring spar with the same character 8game in a row. And how do i improve my cody and THawk if i only fight ryu 24/7 ?

elfuerte player is hard to find online. consider yourself lucky if you bump one because people can improved their character by guessing practice, dodging and frametrap. so why qq against something hard to come by?

yet I never ever get mad if somene qq against me if i pick elfuerte....i know i had raised the question "why qq" before, but thats just my curiousity just to know why.

Panel No.4 - As I was saying in:

thats just a hatelist tht i collect from this forum....it doesn't mean i tend to dislike those play style. as matter of fact it doesn't bother me at all because i know how to counter those pattern.

Since this subjective to the individual, well feel free to taunt if you hate someone who keep pull out those habits.
    As for me....those habits are no problem to me so I dont need to taunt them. But some of my online friend spam out personal action against turtlers. I think they deserved it......and still, it was fun to watch though.

So i guess there's no such thing as "It's wrong when other people do it but, when I do it, its fine."

An exchange on PSN:

ProMarshmallo in the roll of Dudley and this special night Orthochromis reprising his roll as Akuma.

ProMarshmallo: "Good Game"

Orthochromis: "Not really, I showed you too much respect while you mash on wake up. Stay free."

ProMarshmallo: "Lol, stay in your salt mine"

Orthochromis: "I'm chillin, let me know when you stop mashing DP on wake up, stay free."

ProMarshmallo: "Dudley can't mash DP on wake up unless its EX. If you're going to cry about it at least know something about the match-up."

Boy he's a truly and the purest noob on the galaxy.
    A cheap shoto complaints against a character thats has no long range normal and no ICBM?
    and finally rage against wake up unsafe-type-dp ?

dont he realize how cheap his dp is? look at akuma, he's
    mr-all-dpframe-are-FADCable...
    mr-fireball-rain.....
    mr-godlike-divekick-of-longblockstun

anyway...i sympathy fr you.he's the one who should wear stayfree dipers.
    cheer up bro!
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Jesus Christ where's the ignore button

ed: nvm found it
    Jesus Christ where's the ignore button

ed: nvm found it
    cool....me found it too.
    now i ignore you...shithead~!
    cool....me found it too.
    now i ignore you...shithead~!
    Whoa, might want to slow that roll, that's not good for your heart.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Cash first, ass last Joined: Posts: 593
    Even though I sold my copy of AE (buying it back, wanna use guile and cody again, plus
    sick of Vergil and doom missiles), I really like taunts in this game, especially Cody's. I even use them when I think I'll lose, or hit someone with a rock like the 2nd round of this old match:

Kind of hypes me up to try and comeback to win... I can see why some people get upset though.
    Watch my terrible SSF4/MvC3 videos here!:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Whoa, might want to slow that roll, that's not good for your heart.

ok...sorry if i did offending ol'good guys here.
    Even though I sold my copy of AE (buying it back, wanna use guile and cody again, plus
    sick of Vergil and doom missiles), I really like taunts in this game, especially Cody's. I even use them when I think I'll lose, or hit someone with a rock like the 2nd round of this old match:

Kind of hypes me up to try and comeback to win... I can see why some people get upset though.

my kinda buddy. way to go ~!! Credit to you..... :D
    There's a way to taunt without taunting, a well placed taunt here and there is cool but shit gets repetitive. You can taunt another person with your playstyle, you play like you don't give a fuck and you show how superior you are.

The only time I taunt is when an opponent is dizzy and almost dead, also Sagat's taunt where he laughs after a forward throw.

PSN is full of pussies
    I like to use Bison Warp as a taunt ... :P
  • FastlaneFastlane Joined: Posts: 216
    Some guy send me a voicemail and alled me a masher. I answered with lol and then he told me I was a beginner. I trolled him with a good old "welp"-message, but unfortunately he didn't respond.
  • JD inc.JD inc. Joined: Posts: 89
    I beat this guy with Cammy and he seems to took exception to my choice of character.

MOYNsay.png

I pointed out that I hadn't said any of the above and offered him a rematch with a different character to which he replied with
    3p0GF0u.png

I suggested he calmed down and apologized for making him angry. He hasn't been in contact since and now I'm starting to get worried.
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭✭
    umm...he blocked u
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    I beat this guy with Cammy and he seems to took exception to my choice of character.

I pointed out that I hadn't said any of the above and offered him a rematch with a different character to which he replied with

I suggested he calmed down and apologized for making him angry. He hasn't been in contact since and now I'm starting to get worried.

this ragemailer **** is a retarded fail....
    he should know that everybody has right to mash as it takes everything to win...
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 526 ✭✭
    Hi, this is for the PC players. If anyone sees this person, feel free to mess around with him as appropriately to what he's doing here:
    5v8y00.jpg
    Hi, this is for the PC players. If anyone sees this person, feel free to mess around with him as appropriately to what he's doing here:
    5v8y00.jpg

i think i had one or two fight against you.....you were good. you pick evil ryu
    but i did not know you also play sakura.

oh ya i dont think he's ragequit....it could be due to his poor internet connection.
    it is a coincidence the link disconnected during the heap of his losing.
    i know....coz i experienced this a lot as well.
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 526 ✭✭
    i think i had one or two fight against you.....you were good. you pick evil ryu
    but i did not know you also play sakura.

oh ya i dont think he's ragequit....it could be due to his poor internet connection.
    it is a coincidence the link disconnected during the heap of his losing.
    i know....coz i experienced this a lot as well.

Actually I don't play Evil Ryu, I only play Gen and just started Sakura. I think a disconnect is possible, but from what I understand, when disconnect happens, the opponent would idle for a moment before disconnecting, then the message would pop up "lost connection to opponent" or "the player has left the session". This player was still active before the stun animation, and he disconnected as soon as he touched the ground as you can see. I am very suspicious if this is really a connection problem.
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 801 ✭✭✭
    Everyone should write GG when they lose like starcraft if they have any shred of decency or sportsmanship whatsoever. i started doing it a while ago and it actually makes me feel a lot better about my losses.

It's funny how people say "this tactic is scrubby" or bad, etc. as obi wan says "who's more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him"? You lost, accept it, learn from it, regroup, and play with the increased knowledge for next time.

If you lost due to lag and you joined a < green game you shouldn't be complaining about lag either. Short spikes of lag in an otherwise perfect game are clearly not the player's fault, so stop whining about that too. Sure, maybe you lost because you mistimed a neutral jump over a fireball, but who gives a shit, its internet points and if you are the better player in the end that's all that should matter to you personally.
    XBL: Rawbertson
    SF2 SF3 SF4
    HONDA
  • DihnmohrDihnmohr Joined: Posts: 73
    Today I was granted the honor to fight the player unclean cow (~3k pp) on XBL. While he was playing his Balrog (who I think was ranked 13 or something), I was toying around with my 1900 bp Juri. Won the first round, lost the second round, fun stuff.

In the third round, after he had hurt my Juri pretty bad, he decided to ultra 1 me after a knockdown, to chip me out. Unfortunately for him, instead of seeing the flamboyant "K.O !!!", he saw what Juris ultra 2 looks like - and probably also that it does a shitton of damage when it's full, if he noticed his healthbar afterwards. After that I simply walked up and threw him, and got 125 sweet PP from him.

While a person who has developed beyond the anal stage would take it as a lesson in not being greedy and stupid, unclean cow decided to go this route instead:

foto%20(2).JPG
    Today I was granted the honor to fight the player unclean cow (~3k pp) on XBL. While he was playing his Balrog (who I think was ranked 13 or something), I was toying around with my 1900 bp Juri. Won the first round, lost the second round, fun stuff.

In the third round, after he had hurt my Juri pretty bad, he decided to ultra 1 me after a knockdown, to chip me out. Unfortunately for him, instead of seeing the flamboyant "K.O !!!", he saw what Juris ultra 2 looks like - and probably also that it does a shitton of damage when it's full, if he noticed his healthbar afterwards. After that I simply walked up and threw him, and got 125 sweet PP from him.

While a person who has developed beyond the anal stage would take it as a lesson in not being greedy and stupid, unclean cow decided to go this route instead:

[pic]
    So he's in denial that you just wake-up ultra'd him through his? Yeah I've been on the receiving end of that once or twice but its nobody's fault but your own.
  • density.density. DIVEKICK HERO Joined: Posts: 743
    Everyone should write GG when they lose like starcraft if they have any shred of decency or sportsmanship whatsoever. i started doing it a while ago and it actually makes me feel a lot better about my losses.

I thought of doing that but it would get so spammy.
    If I missed them with it then it was just a gimmick. If I hit them with it then it was all mindgames. At least, that's what I tell everyone I play against.

This is called a "boast/excuse option select" and it's without a doubt the most useful technique that anyone has ever taught me." -Deadfrog