Purple Eyes Only: Juri Video Thread (Updated: 9-28-10)

Comments

• TrioxTriox XBL: MLP Triox; PC: Triox404 Joined: Posts: 542
    Lesson 5 of the 1-Hour Juri lessons is on Youtube

• Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 216
    Triox wrote: »
    *sigh* 44:30

I love you Triox...and no offense, but I think you should stop searching for matches against those guys.
    cuz you've lost 3 straight on that show. You're too rusty right now. Or maybe you are getting too nervous over trying to win so bad.

Hmm when do they stream their show? Oh wait, they play on PC, right?
    Gamertag XBL: Phoenix00Knight
    youtube.com/user/Phoenix00Knight
  • StockyJamStockyJam roses are red your nuts are blue Joined: Posts: 4,766
    edited July 2015
    its on pc. I think Tuesdays between 6pm and 9pm pacific time. ugh. cant post.
    Post edited by StockyJam on
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,121
    Lesson 5 of the 1-Hour Juri lessons is on Youtube

Informative video. I never bothered to learn setups before, but now I am gonna learn those first two at least. You should tweet your videos to james chen, he retweets videos like this to spread the knowledge.

So, I think it's safe to say we are gonna see more evil ryu from now on due to that prize money. Have you considered doing a matchup tutorial on how to fight evil ryu and other top tier characters?

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    I actually have the setup series. Basically take 1 character and go over setups that work against them. I've done one for Cammy.

I actually e-mailed James and David after they mentioned "why does no one ever play Juri if she's supposedly good". Told them to e-mail me back and I'll talk to them about anything Juri they want to know, but never heard from them. Maybe I'll just tweet my 1-hour play list to James.
    is it true you tweeted mike, triox? lol

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"

I would also like to add "he's pushing every button on the stick" - None of that was counter hit. I just got his by stuff :(

Also, I just put up a new video

edited May 2015
    Yeah, I saw you were getting hit by stuff, sometimes things take you by surprise and you lose focus. Maybe next time.

Great video. Good to know variation A works on most of the cast. I hate having to learn character specific combos.

Btw, you wanted Ultradavid, you got him

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww0FVdeohoE&lc=z12gf344qmbpxzurp04chnfgtkemurpi0bo
    Yeah, but I couldn't reply to his comment (think he has to link his G+ account to youtube or something). I did reply to a tweet he did about the video though.

• ShiroyashaShiroyasha The Crimson Fucker Joined: Posts: 794
    Cammy players shouldn't block crossup to begin with. Almost any jumpin into the corner can be blocked normal. Only the really deep (and thus unsafe) crossups like late j.LK and j.MK can hit crossup.
    SSF4 AE 2012: Juri, Rose, Cammy <3

so there were two Juri players at touryuken yesterday

www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/v/5103685

01:09:13

www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/v/5113408

57:30
    lutuna vs smug 06:00

edited May 2015
    number four Vega on XBL? Nice.

Combobreaker day 1
    www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/v/5353316

02:25:23 PXG SITUPS we have some of the best Juris in the nation here" Really?

02:54:30 PXG SYNAPSE VS RICO SUAVE

• stormdetonationstormdetonation Joined: Posts: 202
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Some sets vs my friend's Fei. Lol I suck, I need to practice this character again :blush: :bawling:

"The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP grapplers :lol:

• RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    Why don't more pro players use U2? FSE is really strong and love it, but I find myself using U2 a lot for constancy.
    I've been working hard on getting Fuhajin store into U2. It was something I've never worked on and I've got work on it more, because I can't seem to land it.
    I'm using for example St. Mp xx LK store (u2 motions which are clean) then I hit MK and HK while releasing LK.
    Kinda like Ibuki's JC U2 I need to add these to my arsenal.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    Rayartz wrote: »
    Why don't more pro players use U2? FSE is really strong and love it, but I find myself using U2 a lot for constancy.
    I've been working hard on getting Fuhajin store into U2. It was something I've never worked on and I've got work on it more, because I can't seem to land it.
    I'm using for example St. Mp xx LK store (u2 motions which are clean) then I hit MK and HK while releasing LK.
    Kinda like Ibuki's JC U2 I need to add these to my arsenal.

Because u1 is that strong. Fireballs store u2 is, what, 440 damage? You can easily get close to 400 damage with one bar on FSE and you still have more FSE time afterwards to get something else. Not to mention you don't have to change your playstyle when you activate if you don't want to. If you are winning the neutral game against your opponent you can keep playing it and make them have to worry more than they need to.

But u2 is still good. Characters that you can fuzzy really get blown up by u2. Same with unblockables and fake crossups. Grapplers almost always get u2 when I'm tying to be serious.
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    U1 definitely has the utilities.
    I got so used to people running away once I activated it online - I just switched back to U2 in order to get better at her setups.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    edited June 2015
    I only use Ultra 2 against opponents who have a better opportunity to get hit by it (Shoto's, by punishing their fireballs or DP whiffs, Jumping opponents, grapplers) any opponent without strong AAs. I don't U2 against opponents who constantly hang back and Zone either (Guile, Sagat, Rose etc.)

I also try not to use U1 against opponents with strong DPs. One reset attempt while the other place mashes with what I assume is a shit eating grin, and Juri's offensive pressure and momentum is fucked. Sagat is an U1 exception because U2 most of the time does not get passed his fireballs or uppercut. It's good against a Sagat who's completely reckless, but those aren't the Sagats I'm concerned about lol I just try not to overhead so much.

Edit: Mind you depending one the kind of player I fight during long sets I make exceptions on which Ultra I use. If I find an opponent I'm fighting has done a lot of lab work against U1 and counters/doesn't get hit by it well enough I'll make a switch.

EDIT TWO!!! This site is being retarded and not showing my post. I'll probably see 2 duplicate post below in the morning.

Anywhoo (copy paste) Compilation (Butt loads) of matches with NuckleDu, SnakeEyes, el mocha latte and others

Part 1

Part 2
    Post edited by Phoenix Knight on
    edited June 2015
    DUBS
    Post edited by Phoenix Knight on
  • F3scornF3scorn Joined: Posts: 2
    - 44:30

Bvli3fB.gif

I witnessed this. Good show Triox. Now that you have had your thirst for blood quenched, are you going to be like Nani and keep coming back?
    Nah. I got my turbo and I'm going to let other people try and have a shot at it.

Next goal is excellent adventures now!
    www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/v/6928658

01:20:07

Good stuff on finally getting that turbo. Yeah, would be cool to see some Juri competition in excellent adventures

• vansonbeevansonbee Spider Lady Joined: Posts: 18
    Ai Ai Juri is the best I seen so far. So Ai Ai rank 8? Anyone know where to follow him (stream, twitch etc)? The rest were disappointing lost's, was hoping for more wins in Juri corner.
    edited July 2015

>aiaitomo going 0-2 in Top 8 and losing to Nemo in the most heartwrenching fashion
    >Infil failing to put GB away

Juri pls

1324676136001.png
    vansonbee wrote: »
    Ai Ai Juri is the best I seen so far. So Ai Ai rank 8? Anyone know where to follow him (stream, twitch etc)? The rest were disappointing lost's, was hoping for more wins in Juri corner.

https://twitter.com/aiaitomo_juri

bonus, the other Juris you may have heard of :blush:

https://twitter.com/yosa_n
    https://twitter.com/lutuna27
    https://twitter.com/shin4933
    edited July 2015
    Aiai vs Daigo match that sent the latter to losers

Aiai compilations

Post edited by AriesWarlock on
    edited July 2015

Friends trying out the PS4 version

Some more from my friend

35:00 onwards
    ^^^Solid Juri

Agreed with Phoenix Knight, your friend is quite solid @4neqs. If anything, I'd say it looked like he needs to train how to punish more, like that Bison whiffed a stomp kick and was unpunished.

I'd like to see him play at south east asia majors.

He went to Australia for two years. He leveled up a lot. He def needs more matchups and footsies/patience though imo. He didn't quite know what to do vs my Honda/Chun for example.
  • ShiroyashaShiroyasha The Crimson Fucker Joined: Posts: 794

Grand final at a tournament over here. It's me against my training buddy. We made it both to grand final, I was in winners though.
    SSF4 AE 2012: Juri, Rose, Cammy <3

Nice matches^ congrats on the win.

kreymore @ first attack

4neqs wrote: »

Friends trying out the PS4 version

A little more of the same

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x364hp5_usf4-ps4-casuals-viper-vs-juri_videogames

and Aiai from TGS 2015

edited September 2015
    aiai and tsuna @ japan-e-sports

hmm wake up st. HP to beat cammy's dive kick

aiai (Juri)vs Nemo (Rolento)

aiai (Juri) vs Kyabetsu (C.Viper)

Nemo (Rolento) vs aiai (Juri) - USF4 - Japan e-Sports Championship2015 - Tournament25

Hikarin (Oni) vs aiai (Juri)

TGS 2015

20:12, 40:04, 1:41:02
    Nah. I got my turbo and I'm going to let other people try and have a shot at it.

19:00
    Hey, you finally did it! Pity it wasn't mike you fought. I would have sent a message asking for your free turbo.
    So.....that may not be then only appearance by me on Excellent Adventures. Wait for next week's episode.