Purple Eyes Only: Juri Video Thread (Updated: 9-28-10)

Comments

• MichaelGalardiMichaelGalardi FGC's Biggest Fan Joined: Posts: 86
    Greetings Juri players. About a month ago I uploaded a video discussing the Sakura x Juri matchup, and just now thought to post about it here on the forums. Keep in mind this video is directed toward Sakura players, so you guys are gonna beat up a little. Still, it should help in deciphering the mindset of a Sakura player whilst playing against a Juri. Enjoy! Keep fighting the hard fight. Respect.
  • unhommefouunhommefou Joined: Posts: 202
  • genkibotgenkibot こちこち Joined: Posts: 438
    first time playing since evo. throwing matches away for a living.

AE: Juri / Maya
    GGXXAC: Dizi
    GGXrd: Dizi
    www.youtube.com/genkibot
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Haven't played in a while. Need to start playing again and learn combos too.

"The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 216
    Salty Rants on Dee Jay. I need help with Dee Jay's jump in knee. It's irritating to deal with! Check out the vid:

Gamertag XBL: Phoenix00Knight
    youtube.com/user/Phoenix00Knight
  • VoidstarVoidstar * Joined: Posts: 261
    You can anti-air the knee with cr.MP. You just have to be ready for it.
    XBL: oiche00
  • SocraticClownSocraticClown pondering my greatness Joined: Posts: 490
    I personally use cr.hp for that jump in knee.
    I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance,
    that and a teen girlfriend is the cure for a mid life crisis
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,417

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    That whole FADC into ex counter is nutty. I'm not saying it wasn't working for him, it obviously was, I'm just saying that is a lot of meter to burn to end up not doing any damage to your opponent.
    edited August 2013
    I don't know who the players are. It was someone I was following.

And my match. I love it when everything goes my way. Which is rare.
    Mods
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • EpsikEpsik Joined: Posts: 27
    Ultra II fail setup.

^Hmm strange, I am tweeting it to dawgtanian to check it out.
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    edited August 2013
    ...A lot of ultras that run out of juggle points, or hit improperly still do damage without the ending animation. Fei Long after DP xx FADC xx Chicken Wing -> Ultra... Ryu Ultra 2, Gouken Ultra 1, Ken Ultra 1...

This isn't anything new -_-; Also, in those videos where the previous attempts failed to land it, ex.Fuhajin only hit once.

In any case, nobody is going to waste 3 bars on landing an Ultra that does shit damage -_-;
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
  • Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Joined: Posts: 216
    I don't know who the players are. It was someone I was following.

And my match. I love it when everything goes my way. Which is rare.

Yo, SC! I think the guy on top video might be DS Xcelancer. That's his signature color. That vid was from late last year, but this one is of him a month or so ago:

The spike in PP and BP points would make sense. This dude rocks!
    Gamertag XBL: Phoenix00Knight
    youtube.com/user/Phoenix00Knight
  • VoidstarVoidstar * Joined: Posts: 261
    eiSH wrote: »
    In any case, nobody is going to waste 3 bars on landing an Ultra that does shit damage -_-;

You really think 480 (unscaled) is shit damage?? That's the same as CViper and Cammy's U1s...
    XBL: oiche00
    edited August 2013
    @PhoenixKnight
    Nah, lol, I only follow Japanese Juris.
    I'm prejudiced that way:P

Also, for the kids who haven't seen some of the old guard Juris that don't even post up here anymore:
    May I present, the great MetallicMike
    Post edited by SocraticClown on
  • naytenayte Joined: Posts: 60
    edited August 2013
    Hi, here's some original High lvl Juri's footage :

Kazunoko vs Younashi

Fuudo vs Lutuna

Anton vs Younashi

Tokido vs Lutuna

I got some more, but I don't have the name of the opponents. I'll upload when I can. Is there anyone who knows what's the nick of the Sagat who teamed up with anton at the 2v2 bayfighters tournament, during march ?

I also don't know how to embed a video on a forum... What a shame... If anyone can help.. lol
    Fight with the Best, or die like the rest
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    I Like Lutuna and Genki, I try to pattern my Juri off them.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    nayte wrote: »
    Hi, here's some original High lvl Juri's footage :

I also don't know how to embed a video on a forum... What a shame... If anyone can help.. lol
    Copy the vid's web address, and paste it in the post bro.

• eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Voidstar wrote: »
    eiSH wrote: »

You really think 480 (unscaled) is shit damage?? That's the same as CViper and Cammy's U1s...

3 bars + Ultra for 480 damage is Shit.
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    That JurAI Han

• DiaphoneDiaphone Janken is janken Joined: Posts: 388
    edited August 2013
    I'm sure hope dawgtanian has better things to patch for Juri than a useless ultra setup. Besides, think of the extra style points of pulling that off in tournament!

Anyways,
    Godsgarden GATE Qualifying Day2
    Balrog (onigiri kai) vs. Juri (Yossan) 2/3 set (Go to 22m)

Too bad YOSSANN literally threw that second match away, or else there would be more matches from this tourney :v

Main thing was that YOSSANN focus attacks kept getting blown up by turn punch because he never punished them outside of random neutral jump (You can cr.mk on reaction at most ranges/other counters).
    No punish/reaction grab on ex rush through fireball from full screen like 2 or 3 times x.x Yossann's mixups, rushdown and setups are really good though.
    Also, correct me if im wrong, but midscreen FWD throw dash 4x fj.mp doesn't work as a fuzzy guard against Balrog (he goes for it in first game, and it whiffs), but fj.HP does.

Also, is FWD THROW- Neutral Jump HK, whiff st.lk fj.RH an unblockable or fake crossup? YOSSANN uses it at 30:00 Can't test atm :v
    Post edited by Diaphone on
    Tyler- PSN: TylerK_
  • Boita-cartonBoita-carton Joined: Posts: 296
    Diaphone wrote: »

Also, correct me if im wrong, but midscreen FWD throw dash 4x fj.mp doesn't work as a fuzzy guard against Balrog (he goes for it in first game, and it whiffs), but fj.HP does.

Also, is FWD THROW- Neutral Jump HK, whiff st.lk fj.RH an unblockable or fake crossup? YOSSANN uses it at 30:00 Can't test atm :v

I tested it and if I did it right, it's a fake crossup. And yes you are right, f throw 4x dash j.mp doesn't work but j.hp does. IMO, he played strangely, it's like he tested setups on him. Thanks for the setup/video, gotta try that setup, I can already hear my friend saying it's cheap :p
    PSN: Boitacarton/SpiderQueenLolth
    GFWL: SpiderQueenLoth
    Steam: sadhusatana
    Juri PC steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/teamjuriPC/
    Gootecks playing Juri
    LOL @ gootecks expression at exactly 12:53
    @saixhinata video

• TeriosTerios Where do you want me to break you first? Joined: Posts: 1,675
    Gootecks wants to go in too hard. :C

I've gotten to play Saixhinata. That was fun. Went Adon though cause I don't like the mirror much.
    Rashiidoooooooo!
    edited August 2013
    I hate Yun and Yang and Rufus due to their impossible to anti-air with a normal divekicks that come down at such an acute angle after a low height jump that it just makes you throw your hands up in frustration.
    But if that isn't bad enough the frame trapping to the point where you exclaim "am I not hitting buttons?!?!" is truly a test on my patience.

Any advice on how to handle this match up?
    I know the only thing that can punish a lk divekick from up close is st.lp, but any advice as to what normal to use during a frame trap gap?
    etc.
  • genkibotgenkibot こちこち Joined: Posts: 438
    yun - juri is even and not a problem match at all. why don't you find situations you have problems with, record them in training and learn how to deal with them? too many people need to be spoon-fed answers to everything and then wonder why they're still shit.
    AE: Juri / Maya
    GGXXAC: Dizi
    GGXrd: Dizi
    www.youtube.com/genkibot
    well I know lp, cl.mp, and cr.hp punishes lk divekicks. If I fail to anti-air its due to what you said, lack of effort in setting up conditions in training mode with dummy doing lk dives.
    But as for getting a hit in-between frame traps gaps that's a different story. I tried sticking a cr.mk in what seemed like an opening but nope. I got opened up for it.
    And crouching lk just doesn't reach him during the gaps.

shrugs shoulders.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Zone harder or pick Zangief. I aint even trollin.
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • LazyOneLazyOne Joined: Posts: 66
    well I know lp, cl.mp, and cr.hp punishes lk divekicks. If I fail to anti-air its due to what you said, lack of effort in setting up conditions in training mode with dummy doing lk dives.
    But as for getting a hit in-between frame traps gaps that's a different story. I tried sticking a cr.mk in what seemed like an opening but nope. I got opened up for it.
    And crouching lk just doesn't reach him during the gaps.

shrugs shoulders.

They are frame traps for a reason. Stop mashing when you're negative or you'll get opened up. Look at some frame data for Yun/Yang to see when their normal is negative/neutral on block. Focus > Backdash may work sometimes.

OS c.strong beats low divekicks, mix up with OS c.fierce for delayed divekick, stand jab/stand forward/strong, yadda yadda yadda...

• Skatan MillaSkatan Milla Firecracker Thighs Joined: Posts: 2,094
    I always found jumpback mp into dive to be a strong anti air against close range divekicks.
    Twitter: @TruthFaceSkatan

Swedish Firecracker
    J. Wong currently learning Juri? interesting, seems like several players are wanting to take her on:
    Hmm yes, you are right. I am watching it.

Hmm yes, you are right. I am watching it.

I saw a bit of it, Justin basically wins on his spacing skills alone.
    I think I have good spacing and footsies until I see Valle or Wong who are great footsie players.
    I do however keep trying to telepathically tell him do 'X' instead of 'Y' but still cool to see.

• TeriosTerios Where do you want me to break you first? Joined: Posts: 1,675
    Gootecks keeps doing pinwheel hk super mid screen and it makes me sad.
    Rashiidoooooooo!
    I haven't been able to play in a few days.
    I've always used Lp, Cr.Mk - I saw Justin use Cr. Mp instead
    is that easier to link? never tried myself, but I will when I actually play the game for more than a minute.
  • Skatan MillaSkatan Milla Firecracker Thighs Joined: Posts: 2,094
    it's 1f slower than c.mk, but does more damage
    Twitter: @TruthFaceSkatan

Swedish Firecracker