Battle Capacity (a fighting game by me)

Comments

• HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,295
    Great job on this game!! one of the best user created fighting games I've ever seen!
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
    ·
  • alvarealvare c.RH Joined: Posts: 201
    WTF did I just watch ... this looks too good man. It looks original (that's a lot), fun (that's fantastic) and even fair.
    -Make the hit counter appear on
    <alvare> How do I sex?
    <wartortle> BLARGHA BLARGGHHAA
    ·
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame the game is probably done, as it still could use some things presentationally (most notably a bigger, clearer, better placed combo counter and hit sprites that actually look like hit sprites). But it's still afun and unique game, and more people should play it.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
    ·
  • zman804zman804 Joined: Posts: 111
  • HiramsThoughtsHiramsThoughts Joined: Posts: 6
    If any of you know how to contact Cartoons, we should all tell him that we love the game and to please keep going with this awesome game :/
    ·
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭
    This is very very cool! You should pitch this to Nintendo and see if they let you make a Pokemon fighter using this engine. Great art, combos, and just looks fun. Good job dude.
    Supercade, XBL and GGPO tags: Projectjustice
    ·
    Donñt let this die ;_;
    ·
  • sharkattacksharkattack Joined: Posts: 66
    Hey, cool to see more feedback. I don't currently foresee updating the game further, at least not in the near future, sorry.

We still get people coming by the chat who are up for games, so if anyone is interested in seeing what the competition is like, drop by the chat (it may have to be a few times unless you're lucky with the time of day).
    ·
    Not in the near future, but maybe in the not so near future, that´s all I need :D
    ·
  • Smexy MillzSmexy Millz //_- Joined: Posts: 927
    Cant download anymore due to megaupload getting fucked lol
    ·
    I can reupload it as soon as I verify that I have the latest version (it's just 7, right?)
    ·
    Yeah thats the version on the site
    ·
    Upload on the way. I'm on DSL, though, so this thing is going mad slow (it's 331 mbs, so it's gonna be like another half hour)
    ·
    Thanks man I really wanna try this.. being a games designer in the making I like playing other peoples games and seeing how they turned out and how they can improve them
    ·
    No problem. I'm the same way. In fact, I could recommend a few other games for you to check out. Have you played the black heart?
    ·
    Nah never heard of it what games would you recommend me trying?
    ·
    Some good fanmade/independent games to try out for inspiration/ideas/technical investigation:
    Vanguard Princess (probably the best and deepest of the bunch, don't know if you've played it. It has an upcoming release on XBL, and it's the product of a former Capcom employee)
    the black heart (one of the most creative and interesting, and the best original game built on MUGEN I have seen to date)
    Wonderful World (people actually play this game, too)
    SHADES of Manhattan 2 (I played 1, it was pretty bad technically, but it had some interesting move choices and I can't hate on an actual all original full game from the MUGEN scene. It wasn't sloppy or anything, but the actual gameplay had some stuff that didn't make sense. I haven't played verson 2, so I have no idea how much better (or worse) it is than the last verison I played. I'm actually about to play it for the first time right now.)
    Type Wild (the inferior in gameplay, superior in polish pokemon-inspired FM2nd game, only with actual Pokemon characters)
    Dong Dong Never Die (injokes and broken shit for days, can't find a link to the latest version that actually works for me :sad:)

I am so mad. The upload finished and i got an error: "An error has occured while uploading your file(s). Make sure that the file size does not exceed 100 MB." Yeah, I should have seen that before, but why did it let me upload the whole 331MB file before telling me it wouldn't work? the file size limit is most places apparently, so I either need to split it into parts or find a place that will let me upload larger files.
    ·
  • Marmalade-BeatMarmalade-Beat のヮの Joined: Posts: 450
    For Wonderful World and Vanguard Princess, there's http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Main_Pagefor more info.
    IaMP, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, and EFZ are all good too, and get some comp here and there, but they weren't free.
    All three are outdated prequels though, so its not like it matters.
    のヮの
    ·
    Thanks man Il look into all of these
    ·
    My second upload attempt was a failure too. argh. Still trying.
    ·
    If the Multiupload links are failing you can find a pretty stable source here:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/Y0h90b9m/BattleCapacityV7.html

Also, some cool combos were presented for Snoootch's last challenge:

...so this post gets to count as an update.
    ·
    So glad you did that, I was having no luck.
    ·
    Hey, umm, I was willing to ask you, any of you, and of course ask permission to the owner... Could you make a little edit so that it works as an and for an arcade' you see, I´m opening an arcade, and I want this game to be one of the games, and I'd like to have a version that works kind of like KOF, with credit you play, and if someone placesone, here comes a challenger! I really would like that, if you could, that'd be really cool :D
    ·
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Brought the game to Civil War 4 today, got a lot of good responses. If you were wondering which game you saw, it was this one.

The beta version you played of Battle Capacity Minus will be released on May 5th, this version, while not giving new characters, fundamentally alters the games and characters by turning it up a notch. New moves and a complete overall of almost every character. The game speed has been increased and the overall fundamentals are drastically different.

Most of matchmaking is done on the chat on the site, and several nights of week there are 5-7 people floating about playing games.
    ·
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985 ✭✭
    Playing the game at CW4 was awesome.

I saw this thread a while ago, but never bothered to download the game. I will most certainly be in this shit.
    ·
  • Doc StrangeDoc Strange involved in the troubles... Joined: Posts: 512
    So... does Smogon know you're using their create-a-pokemon?

It's not a big deal I guess, but skimming through the thread I haven't seen any credit given to them, which is pretty dick if you don't have anything to do with their project.
    ·
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a good PC and I wanna try this game but... no good download link. Anyone got a mirror or something?
    ·
    So... does Smogon know you're using their create-a-pokemon?

It's not a big deal I guess, but skimming through the thread I haven't seen any credit given to them, which is pretty dick if you don't have anything to do with their project.

I'm pretty sure I've made it clear, if not here, then on the website and in the game itself that not only are the characters from CAP (hence the name), but that it was endorsed to the point where it even had its own subforum for over a year.

I heard from Ulti, that Anenome had brought the game to CW4, (including the mostly-authorized hacked version, Minus). Just wanted to thank you for the exposure and that I'm excited to see how Batcap- plays when it gets released.

Multiupload going down when it did made it a pain in the neck to distribute, but you can get the game at the less advertised mirror over here:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/Y0h90b9m/BattleCapacityV7.html

I love feedback, as always, so any comments on what you like or hate are appreciated. Or if you were lucky enough to play the seemingly insane (from what Ulti tells me) - version on Sunday, I'd like to hear how it was.
    ·
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had to make an account to do it but I'm sure it's worth it!
    ·
  • Dr.RiddlerDr.Riddler Joined: Posts: 9
    UltiMario and I are on pace to release BattleCapacity- along with a combo video on Saturday, and I'll be sure to post the download and youtube links inside of this thread as soon as it goes up. Once it goes up you can go into the IRC chat already posted in this thread to get games, or, alternatively contact me on Skype (WillSimkins) for games whenever, I'm always happy to play.
    ·
  • UltiMarioUltiMario Joined: Posts: 4
    Battle Capacity Minus is released! For those who may have played it at Civil War 4, you can finally play it again!

Here's the download link to the game (requires 7 zip, working on a .zip download):
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/o5ckwt

And the Combo Video and Preview of the game:

Visit the IRC channel at:
    http://bit.ly/Ka4kCR
    ·
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Kono Heman DA! Joined: Posts: 625
    Really good game! Cascavian is epic in this game. Found some sick loops for him.
    ·
    Have you been on the irc Mr./Mrs. MollyFighter?

We have coooooookieeeees
    ·
    yeah Kasshu = MollyFighter
    ·
    Oh, well hopefully we can get some games in sometime. I have a pretty decent cascavian.
    ·
    Is the IRC up? Can't get on it. Oh and do you live on the East Coast? (so not to much lag happens)
    ·
    Yeah the irc should still be up, there seem to be some problems with Ulti's link though maybe. You can just go to ivnbvn.com/batcap and click chat to get to it alternately though.
    ·
    IRC link because Ulti sucks: http://bit.ly/Ka4kCR
    ·
    Cascavian has a quick attack Medium loop. Both in his normal and Agility Forms. His Agility form is his most damaging. Does around 50%.
    ·
    Hey everyone. I was motivated by some friends to release a new version of Battle Capacity, which I'm glad to have finished for the arrival of the new year.

The site has been updated with all the info, including a new writeup for Tomohawk in the character section.

You can also view the changelog here:
    http://ivnbvn.com/batcap/batcap2013_changelog.txt

EDIT:
    New, gonna work forever, no need to register, download link

There haven't been any major additions, as this was more of a patch to clear up some longstanding issues and bugs. You'll notice a few changes here and there in frame and hitbox data, resulting from a year in discovering what I like and do not like, but the goal wasn't to tamper with the balance so much (though there were a few changes in that vein as well).

So let me know what you think, and maybe drop by the chatroom sometime. Surprisingly, I've spotted a few people in there occasionally including newcomers looking to be schooled.
    ·
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    These look alot like Smogons Create A Pokemon projects.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
    ·
  • RampageRampage Join Date: Mar 2010 Joined: Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting this onto the front page and getting your project some major attention. :)

Now just watch out for all of the haters...
    ·
  • Freeman720Freeman720 All Salt, All The Time Joined: Posts: 59
    Link appears to be broken for the download.
    ·
    The link should be up again. Also, Waasiq was kind enough to provide an alternate link here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukpvt4d04xwhibh/BattleCapacity2013.zip

Kind of to my dismay, shortly after releasing the 'final for all time definitive' version, someone found an exploit with one of the characters that essentially makes them able to run out the clock after getting a life lead ridiculously easily. You need to do a weird sequence to trigger the bug, but it makes my brain itch knowing it's in there all the same. That and a couple of other small issues make me want to consider sheepishly releasing a minor character patch sometime in the near future...

Thanks for supporting this game despite it operating like that hamburger machine from that spongebob game on xbox 1!
    ·
    These look alot like Smogons Create A Pokemon projects.

That's because they are.
    ·
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    That's because they are.
    Did he get permision?
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
    ·
  • Eji1700Eji1700 Joined: Posts: 200
    I was looking at the site a month ago thinking, "man this was an awesome game". I'm so glad to see you kicked out another version. I'm on a much better computer/connection now, so i'll try to remember to stop by the chat and get some games.....right after I move : (.

Seriously though great job. Wish it could get more attention.

Edit- zen's down for some games too. I need to redeem myself after
    ·
  • tl_crowtl_crow stupid hitbox game Joined: Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    I can't check right now, but last night when i was looking at the forum, it seems this game had a reasonably active community. is that still the case? game seems really fun, much better then I thought a 2DFmaker game could be.
    BEHOLD THE GLORY OF THE BINGO ENGINE
    ·
    Did he get permision?

This discussion has already happened...in this thread. Look it up.
    ·
    Eji1700 wrote:
    Edit- zen's down for some games too. I need to redeem myself after

Eji, you have some nerve showing your face around here again after that poor poor demonstration!
    tl_crow wrote:
    I can't check right now, but last night when i was looking at the forum, it seems this game had a reasonably active community. is that still the case? game seems really fun, much better then I thought a 2DFmaker game could be.

The forum hosted on Smogon was frozen about a year ago. I was for it as I couldn't justify having a whole subforum for the game when we had such relatively little activity.

The chatroom, on the other hand, tends to have a good number of people on it most evenings, and maybe even a handful who would be up for some matches!
    ·