Minnesota: Keep it Classy!!!

Comments

• HellaJHellaJ FreeHawk Joined: Posts: 268
    anyone else interested in KOFXIII?

I'd like to get into it, but is there even going to be a good scene for it?
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,331
    I love SNK. I'm gonna be on KOF XIII like white on rice.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Currently grinding out MVCI. Gamora/???
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
  • xx_von_xxxx_von_xx Joined: Posts: 68
    anybody going to bp casual today mind if i tag along?
  • RotanadanRotanadan Joined: Posts: 170
    Stuff

Thnx, will work on getting a solid team that I know tonight. If I get 1 win on XBL I'll be happy :) 0-12 woot.
    Thnx, will work on getting a solid team that I know tonight. If I get 1 win on XBL I'll be happy :) 0-12 woot.

Heh, I'll be up for doing a lobby tonight if you're around, I'm just messing around with the new characters to get a feel for them, haven't really decided on a team yet even though I'm really enjoying Frank and Nemesis

I felt it was time to turn off Marvel when I got an achievement that I had been in training mode for 5 hours... (why is this even an achievement?)
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,678
    Hey Shogun, back in 07 we played some 3s and then I came back briefly the following year. Well I'm back for good and I got my buddy into 3s as well. Do you still hold the gatherings?
  • BeavithBeavith !!?!?!! Joined: Posts: 268
    I'm really excited for it, it looks really fun, but AE will still be top priority.
    Playtime has ended.
  • MacrobeastMacrobeast polychromatic Joined: Posts: 27

I got my pre-order in at GnG and Gene said he was considering having a midnight launch at Brooklyn Park on Monday so make some noise!
    ---evolve or die---
  • Shogun17Shogun17 Immune to Gravity Joined: Posts: 558
    Hey Shogun, back in 07 we played some 3s and then I came back briefly the following year. Well I'm back for good and I got my buddy into 3s as well. Do you still hold the gatherings?

Hey, how's it going! How was Colorado? I seem to remember something about you having a car accident or something out there. I hope you're doing alright now. We usually do gatherings during the week at Games N Go. Check the first post in the thread or www.mnstreetfighter.com for details. There's also a tourney coming up this Saturday, and although there's no official 3rd Strike tourney, you might want to come and check it out.
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • hermitmasterhermitmaster Joined: Posts: 25
    I need some local AE and UMVC3 buddies. Add me on PSN if you want to get in some matches.
  • The Juicebox AbelThe Juicebox Abel I'M LOW TIER NOW Joined: Posts: 523
    Wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll be happy to meet you all this weekend, hopefully we can get lots of games and money matches going for sf4.

I am learning UMvC3, but to be honest I was never much of a Marvel fan. But after dabbling with the game a bit and seeing that all-out turtling and chip is now at least somewhat viable (as opposed to vanilla), I may get back into trying to be competitive at that as well.

I am ALL ABOUT KOFXIII. When that game drops I'll be all over it. Hopefully you guys do too.
    Juicy Bits: Straight from the Box stream at twitch.tv/juiceboxabel
    twitter: @juicebox_fgc
    "How about I just pick a **ggot character and do some **ggot shit." - Warahk
  • geo189geo189 Baldy / Zangief IRL Joined: Posts: 288
    *sigh* it's been 2 weeks since I ordered stick parts from lizard lick, and around 4 days since I sent a "so... you charged me already... why is my order 'on hold' permanently" email with no response. I really don't want to have to dispute charges, I just want the stuff I paid for weeks ago.

In other news, everyone is busy with Skyrim. Bleh. I went into GnG earlier and tried to get a copy but they were out of xbox ones.
    Adon, Zangief, Helicopter
    Wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll be happy to meet you all this weekend, hopefully we can get lots of games and money matches going for sf4.

I am learning UMvC3, but to be honest I was never much of a Marvel fan. But after dabbling with the game a bit and seeing that all-out turtling and chip is now at least somewhat viable (as opposed to vanilla), I may get back into trying to be competitive at that as well.

I am ALL ABOUT KOFXIII. When that game drops I'll be all over it. Hopefully you guys do too.

Ahhhhh Juicebox, I was going to hang out and get you some juiceboxes. Alas, I wont be in town this weekend. How long are you going to be in the cities for? I wanted to discuss killer ultra dance moves. Actually... I wanted to ask you about reads and anticipation, personality and mindsets and how it relates to mixups. But I digress.
  • The Juicebox AbelThe Juicebox Abel I'M LOW TIER NOW Joined: Posts: 523
    Actually... I wanted to ask you about reads and anticipation, personality and mindsets and how it relates to mixups. But I digress.
    If you read Sirlin's book you already knew what I'm going to say: "It's hard to explain."

Either way it's a pretty nebulous topic and much easier to illustrate in person.
    Juicy Bits: Straight from the Box stream at twitch.tv/juiceboxabel
    twitter: @juicebox_fgc
    "How about I just pick a **ggot character and do some **ggot shit." - Warahk
    If you read Sirlin's book you already knew what I'm going to say: "It's hard to explain."

Either way it's a pretty nebulous topic and much easier to illustrate in person.

It is, it really is. I'm just looking for that secret sauce. Sometimes more from a psych theory perspective than a being good at games perspective.

Oh by the way, your matches are some of the most entertaining I've seen. Big fan. Shame I wont be around this weekend. Tones, have a shot for me.
    0-20 In marvel.
    So, say someone takes arthur and sentinal for assist. they just do double lance then sentinal rockets repeat, over and over. Is there anything you can do?
    If you get hit first and they pull off the 1 shot character killing combo, what really are your chances of winning? The game just started and its 3 characters/assists vs 2. I'm working on getting 3 characters' combos solidly down so I can capitalize if I actually happen to hit them first, so far I'm wolverine sentinal and akuma, but if I play wolverine on point and get hit first I pretty much lose cause I know his stuff the best hehe. Do people sometimes play their best character 2nd so getting hit first isn't so devastating?
  • Private EyeballPrivate Eyeball Not a frog Joined: Posts: 1,447
    I always have started with my best character (Hulk) first so I can get some damage and (hopefully) not be in a deficit early. Granted, Hulk is the only character I really feel like I know, whereas the rest of my vanilla team were either there for the assist (Wesker) or because I never felt like taking anyone else (Ryu).

Granted, I want to take Marvel more seriously this time around, so I'm leaning toward Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel.

And dammit, my school screws over another chance to play Juicebox. First the internet, then with anime club events...I need to get out of the rural lands.
    Something something Hulkamania run something on something.
    0-20 In marvel.
    So, say someone takes arthur and sentinal for assist. they just do double lance then sentinal rockets repeat, over and over. Is there anything you can do?
    If you get hit first and they pull off the 1 shot character killing combo, what really are your chances of winning? The game just started and its 3 characters/assists vs 2. I'm working on getting 3 characters' combos solidly down so I can capitalize if I actually happen to hit them first, so far I'm wolverine sentinal and akuma, but if I play wolverine on point and get hit first I pretty much lose cause I know his stuff the best hehe. Do people sometimes play their best character 2nd so getting hit first isn't so devastating?

As far as Arthur / Sentinel thing, this can usually be negated by super jumping over it and sometimes calling an assist while doing it (or play a character that can teleport or out zone them)

a lot of Wolverine's setups will involve doing a Slash to Charge (to make it safe and to be able to continue to a combo), example would be Slash -> Charge -> dash forward -> H, S, Air Series

couple things I noticed while playing that set we did last night, you should really switch assists for Akuma to Tatsu and Sentinel to the upward diagonal drones, would probably help out quite a bit.

you were also hard tagging in your second character whenever I got Wolverine down to 20-30% health, which is usually very unsafe and can lead to not only your point character being low health, but your secondary character being low health without even getting a hit in

Wish I had a mic on my 360, would be a lot easier to go over that shit than typing with my arcade stick lol
    Granted, I want to take Marvel more seriously this time around, so I'm leaning toward Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel.

Nemesis is my new friend ;)
    Nemesis is my new friend ;)

Nemesis is never gonna replace Hulk was my (MvC) best buddy, but Nemesis is pretty damn awesome. I really like Hawkeye also, but that may be because I want someone I can call Hawk...
    Nemesis is never gonna replace Hulk was my (MvC) best buddy, but Nemesis is pretty damn awesome. I really like Hawkeye also, but that may be because I want someone I can call Hawk...

haha, I've been playing Nemesis, Hawkeye and Amaterasu
    Wish I had a mic on my 360, would be a lot easier to go over that shit than typing with my arcade stick lol

I need to get a wireless mic for my 360 so I can talk while using my hitbox.I tried to find a little extension to hang out of it for my headset but cant find one. For now when playing fighting games (pretty much always till I get NHL12) I use a usb keyboard plugged into the xbox to talk.
  • Shogun17Shogun17 Immune to Gravity Joined: Posts: 558
    0-20 In marvel.

As HellaJ mentioned, you'll probably want to super jump out of that setup. However, you may need to pushblock a bit to give yourself room to get off the ground.

Yes, people do sometimes put their best character second for the reason you mentioned. Plus, many times your main character is much better with some meter. You can build meter with the first character and then use it with the second.
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • UnmasqueUnmasque Joined: Posts: 31
    In other news, everyone is busy with Skyrim. Bleh. I went into GnG earlier and tried to get a copy but they were out of xbox ones.

I definitely recommend Skyrim to anyone who is thinking about it, If you have never played an elder scrolls game but like the idea of a "do whatever you want" style RPG then this is for you.
  • LadramadonLadramadon Munchma Quchi Joined: Posts: 123

Welcome to the party. Have a safe trip up.
    PSN: Ladramadon
    Fighter ID: Drama_
    All challenges will be accepted.
  • SonicB00MSonicB00M FF || SDM || HDO Joined: Posts: 473
    So, anybody not working tomorrow during the day that would like to grab some games with Juicebox and my bro?
    Saikyo Hurricane. Chaotic Flame. Fatality.
    So, anybody not working tomorrow during the day that would like to grab some games with Juicebox and my bro?
    *opens mouth*
    *remembers he lives 3 hours from the cities*
    *walks away*
  • VocalOgVocalOg Mostly known as TonyOgbot... Joined: Posts: 262
    *opens mouth*
    *remembers he lives 3 hours from the cities*
    *walks away*

Goodness where haven't you complained about this?...

Honestly your best bet being where you are is to get involved from afar. I'm trying to plan a combo vid with GNG people and I'm in discussions with GNG to run a twitter account for them. Keep in mind I live in Grand Forks, ND at the moment. You just need to network and do work from wherever you are instead of complain. Turn that NaCl into Au son.

EDIT: I do sympathize though, I'd be pissed if I missed Filipino Champ coming to MN.

On a related note, UMvC3 is really pissing me off. My originally planned team is ass due to Ghost Rider being extremely limited and Rocket Raccoon being a pain in the ass in general. Hawkeye is damn good and I like him, but I still really want to use RR. I'm working out some team ideas, but right now I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'll find something eventually though...
  • IjojoIIjojoI Joined: Posts: 222
    I'm down. Hit me up. Got my numero?

What time during the day? I have to leave for WI by 3:30pm
  • TJMysticTJMystic That Hot Black Guy Joined: Posts: 111
    the secret to a strong team .... one rusher one runner/zoner. one instant antiair asst & a beam asst or similar that covers as much of the screen as possible.
    who wants to see twilight with me ?8-)
    OH My GOD iz dat TJ!? Hes soo HOT! I'm gettin wet..*thinking*..I might need a towel..
    *TjMystic's Page-->http://www.Myspace.com/Pimpjuice3
    *TekkenTeamMnpage-->http://www.geacities.com/teammn/
    *TeamMn Myspace-->http://myspace.com/TeamMn
    Honestly your best bet being where you are is to get involved from afar. I'm trying to plan a combo vid with GNG people and I'm in discussions with GNG to run a twitter account for them. Keep in mind I live in Grand Forks, ND at the moment. You just need to network and do work from wherever you are instead of complain. Turn that NaCl into Au son.

In all honesty, I do like to faux-complain a lot online (except for how awful I feel I am at Marvel...that's all real). I just need to get through this school year and....figure out what I'm doing with my year off.
  • UnmasqueUnmasque Joined: Posts: 31
    Im down, although ill struggle enough vs u and ur bro, let alone juicebox

Also, anyone selling a PS3 stick and/or ASUS(or any gaming quality) moniter? im looking to buy one of each and i thought i'd see if anyone had used stuff they didn't want before buying new.
  • TONES (^_^)TONES (^_^) TonyTonesYang(^_^) Joined: Posts: 288

Welcome :china: It'll be a pleasure to meet you.
    ....Tones, have a shot for me.

We'll have to see if there's any thing to drink :D
    - "Be reasonable" - Tones
    - People usually call me by Tones
    - SAVE MONEY FOR EVO (Money Issue)
    - It's all Good (I say this a lot)
    - Play with respect (Game Level and Personal Level)
    - I love my SF Community, KOF Community, and Tekken Community
    - Thank you God, Jesus, and Angels
  • SonicB00MSonicB00M FF || SDM || HDO Joined: Posts: 473
    I'm down. Hit me up. Got my numero?
    I don't. Shoot me a PM here or on Facebook.
    What time during the day? I have to leave for WI by 3:30pm

Probably anytime 10 or after. I'll give you a ring when I know he's up and interested in games.
    Im down, although ill struggle enough vs u and ur bro, let alone juicebox

Nothing wrong with a struggle. Shoot me a FB PM with your info.
    Saikyo Hurricane. Chaotic Flame. Fatality.
  • IjojoIIjojoI Joined: Posts: 222
    Shot u PM on Facebook
    2-32 on XBL.

I just got perfected 4 times. One was arthur projectile spam, if I tried to super jump in he did some yellow glowing are ball thing, 2 characters died and I just set the controller down and gave up. Other times I get perfected people just run at me and jam out combos over and over and I just never stop getting hit, if I see a window to throw my own poke thiers goes through mine and it just keeps going. If I get an advancing guard in they just dash back in and keep dialing. I really really don't understand this game, once I get hit its just over for me.
    I really really don't understand this game, once I get hit its just over for me.

That's Marvel!

I equate losing a character in Marvel to someone doing a 30-40% combo on me in MK, but at least in Marvel you got that 4 button hail mary

the problem with ranked matches right now is it's still pretty much lumping everyone in the same level, so the people perfecting you may have been Cosmic Lords, etc in vanilla, If you're concerned about ranking right now, I'd probably consider just playing player matches and being a training mode monster for a week or two until the dust settles

On a side note, Firebrand H Demon Missile with a nice lockdown assist on an incoming character is retarded.
    LOL my wife just legit beat me by mashing. Rock bottom, hopefully I can get some help at the event tomorow. Gotta get back up on mk for now hehe.
  • OmexOmex これはあなたのゲームでは無い。 Joined: Posts: 93
    Just played 3 straight hours with someone 1 on 1 with ultimate. God, this game is actually better than I give it for, I just needed to get some one on one sessions rather than having to compete to start. And more importantly, Spencer is just SO GO

what kof13 on tuesday? marvel what?

DAMMIT
  • BakejonoBakejono A Monster Joined: Posts: 218
    Hey I just moved here from Los Angeles and was wondering if someone can give me a ride to casuals. I live in Northeast Minneapolis. I haven't played Street Fighter in awhile and i've been craving. I've been constantly looking for a job and could use a little break now and then. I know a few people already but they have work or busy during the weekdays. If you can I would greatly appreciate or even playing at your place would be nice too. I'm just bored!
    :dp::hp::hp::hp::360: