Minnesota: Keep it Classy!!!

Comments

• D GlockD Glock Joined: Posts: 23
    Do you guys know of any local stores in or close to Minneapolis that sell video games ahead of their release dates?
  • SarvetsSarvets THE ANSWER Joined: Posts: 24
    whats up guys here is some marvel scraps from some shat i been working on for the people!
    add up on xbl? Sarvets Psn? Sarvets1979
  • Bobcat.DuffBobcat.Duff Joined: Posts: 33
    Looks like the thread is about as dead as the Vikings.
    There is a tournament at GNG on Friday.....UMVC3 and SF4AE

5 to enter and 2 venue fee.
    Why has this not been posted?
    Sup sum details?
  • Shogun17Shogun17 Immune to Gravity Joined: Posts: 558
    edited September 2013
    Sarvets wrote: »
    There is a tournament at GNG on Friday.....UMVC3 and SF4AE

5 to enter and 2 venue fee.
    Why has this not been posted?
    Sup sum details?

Yeah, SRK gets little love these days. Here are the details for tomorrow's tourney:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1426549217564582/

The tourney is tomorrow, Friday, September 27th at 6:00pm at Games N Go in Rosedale Mall.
    GNG proudly present the SSF4:AE2012 and UMvC3 tournament.

There is a $2 venue fee and $5 entry for each game. (meaning if you want to enter both games, the total is $12) We will only accept Cash Payment. Sign-ups will start at 3:00pm and will end at 5:45pm. You will need to check in by tournament start time. If you have not checked in by the end of the first round of the brackets you will be DQ'd into losers. If you are not present by the end of the first round of loser's you will be DQ'd from the tournament.

*The tournament will be played on the PS3 consoles. Bring your own controller.*

Tournament brackets will be randomly generated and managed by MNFGC.

These are double-elimination tournaments (you will play at least twice).

SSF4:AE2012 Rules:
    2/3 for bracket, 3/5 for winners, losers, & grand finals
    Winner can change ultra (must select prior to loser's selection)
    Blanka Alt 3 is banned
    Volcano stage is banned

UMvC3 Rules:
    3/5 throughout the whole tournament.
    Entire tournament will be played 3/5 (including winners, losers, & grand finals)
    Winner can switch team order (not members)

Universal Rules:
    Default timer
    Winning player is character (or team) locked, losing player may switch
    Turbo & programmable button functionality on all controllers is banned
    Pausing the match, unless otherwise agreed to by both players, is a forfeit.
    Report the results of your match.

Payouts (based on game entry):
    6 or less (round robin) pays grand champion
    12 or more pays top 3 (60/30/10)
    32 or more pays top 5 (50/20/10/5/5)
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
    Looks like the thread is about as dead as the Vikings.
    Gng also accepts unwanted games for trade and maybe cash. but not quaterbacks. yeah the vikes haha it really sucks to listen to people check out the scedule and try to forecast them finding a way out.

• MN_MurdockMN_Murdock Joined: Posts: 4
    Any people from SE MN? Winona here
    MN_Murdock wrote: »
    Any people from SE MN? Winona here
    Really? I'm in Winona as well. What games do you play?
    SSF4AE on PC mainly, a little Divekick from time to time; hoping to get KOFXIII and Skullgirls when the next Steam sale hits. I've casually enjoyed fighting games for years but now I'm trying to learn and improve my play. Do you go to Winona State by any chance? If so then you should totally hit up the next Video Game Club meeting on Saturday at 7 PM.
    SSF4AE on PC mainly, a little Divekick from time to time; hoping to get KOFXIII and Skullgirls when the next Steam sale hits. I've casually enjoyed fighting games for years but now I'm trying to learn and improve my play. Do you go to Winona State by any chance? If so then you should totally hit up the next Video Game Club meeting on Saturday at 7 PM.

No I don't actually. But can non-students show up to these too? I'd like to make it to one of them

No I don't actually. But can non-students show up to these too? I'd like to make it to one of them

One of the club leaders just got back to me and said yes, just as long as you follow the club rules (pretty much just don't be a dick). So yeah, the next meeting is tomorrow at 7 PM; entrance to the building is on Huff Street right by the parking lot. Once you're in just go down the stairs and that's where the club meets.

This is what the entrance looks like just to let you know: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2417/1877607348_5d8df7722a.jpg

Alright yeah I know the place. My day tomorrow should be open so I'll try to be there
    Alright yeah I know the place. My day tomorrow should be open so I'll try to be there
    Alright, cool; just look for a guy in a maroon sweatshirt sitting near the booths on a laptop. Feel free to bring a TV/whatever console/games you want
  • PlorbPlorb Joined: Posts: 1
    Any activity down in Mankato?
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
  • LorenzsonnLorenzsonn Silent Z Joined: Posts: 26
    Bit of a last-minute posting here, but I will be bringing GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE +R to casuals at GNG Rosedale today on XBox 360. I should be set up by 5.
    John Lorenzsonn -- Z is silent. N is bonus.
    UMVC3: (Mix of Wesker/Trish/Dante/Hiryu) || KOF13: Clark/EX Kyo/Shen || GG: Sol
  • Dusty FeetsDusty Feets Best in Maine Joined: Posts: 372
    edited November 2013
    Hey guys I'm going to be moving from New England to Minneapolis Minnesota pretty soon and I would love to know where are you guys more active? SRK or facebook? If there's a group could you please post a link?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the FB page!
  • LorenzsonnLorenzsonn Silent Z Joined: Posts: 26
    For the information of all who don't dig on that Facebook stuff but do enjoy Guilty Gear: +R will be at Rosedale GNG casuals again today. Come get some games in with me and Desmond.
    John Lorenzsonn -- Z is silent. N is bonus.
    UMVC3: (Mix of Wesker/Trish/Dante/Hiryu) || KOF13: Clark/EX Kyo/Shen || GG: Sol
  • W3G_GlakeW3G_Glake Joined: Posts: 99
    humbag wrote: »
    vKzaK7O.jpg

Frosty Faustings VI will be December 28-29th in Downers Grove, IL

Online pre-reg for reduced venue fee and to be seeded by skill and region!

$1500 in pot bonuses! $800 bonus for Guilty Gear. $300 bonus for SF4 and Marvel. $100 to 4th game with highest entrants.

https://www.facebook.com/events/459656174148696/

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/181340/frosty-faustings-vi-december-28th-and-29th-chicago-il-game-pazzo?new=1

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16769-Frosty-Faustings-VI-December-28th-and-29th-Chicago-IL-Game-Pazzo!&p=1526132#post1526132

Anyone from MN planning to go to this that might be interested in room-sharing? If so, please let me know as soon as possible as I'd like to attend this if I can get plans finalized before mid next week.

Shoot me a text! 320-396-7752
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 301
    Are there any people in Minneapolis that can MOD at all? Im looking for someone to Mod one of my stick to work for Xbox one
  • JMontanaJMontana Joined: Posts: 12
    Just moved to minnesota and have been looking for a place to test my skills if anyone would like to add me JMontana612 ps3 btw
  • xx_von_xxxx_von_xx Joined: Posts: 68
    JMontana wrote: »
    Just moved to minnesota and have been looking for a place to test my skills if anyone would like to add me JMontana612 ps3 btw

What games do you play?
    Umvc3 just got skullgirls anything fighting lol as as others but fighting mostly
    geni wrote: »
    Are there any people in Minneapolis that can MOD at all? Im looking for someone to Mod one of my stick to work for Xbox one

Yeah, Punnha, a.k.a. Phenom07 has been doing the XBONE mods for various people around here.
    JMontana wrote: »

Stop by casuals at Games N Go at Rosedale Mall in Roseville on Tuesday and Friday evenings, from about 5-8:30. Your skills will certainly be tested.
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
    Ight sounds exciting ill be there around 6
    Well that was entertaining too say the least pretty good players here in mn will definitely be back next friday to gamesngo lol now time to hit the lab
    Should I go to games and go to meet this guy? or should I call the rose dale mall location first?
    Is this forum dead lol
    pretty much just follow the facebook page that is where a lot of the mn players are now
    whats sad is I called games and go and asked about the Xbox one mod and I was flat out told no. :( is there anyone else I can speak to about this?
  • PheNOM07PheNOM07 The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 695
    You want to contact me for stick mods. We got some new seasonal hires that don't know some of the stuff that I do, such as stick mods.
    "Straight Cash Homie!" - Randy Moss 84
    UMvC3: Zero, Vergil, Strider (Team Power Rangers)
    Still dead I see
    Just a heads up, There is a marvel/KI xbone tourney coming up so check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/264405060382836/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    And if anybody is going and wanna do MM for $5 or $10 ether umvc3 or KI I'll accept.
  • osirris33osirris33 Joined: Posts: 26
    Is Games N Go still active? Are there still local tournaments in MN? I went to the facebook page and website and everything looks super outdated.
    edited January 2014
    Yes, there's local tournament in mn.
    Here is the next games n go tourney: https://www.facebook.com/events/264405060382836/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    Here is where you'll find MNFGC scene: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GNGTournaments/
    also there's casuals at the rosedale mall Tuesday at 4 - 8:30 and Fri same time.
  • SearsSears Pajama Party Joined: Posts: 32 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP MN
    Worst Q in town?!
    RIP? how so? Just because we don't use thread as much doesn't mean there isn't a (strong) scene here.
  • Desmond DelaghettoDesmond Delaghetto Ghetto Strategies Joined: Posts: 622
    I think he means RIP cause the lack of tournaments that has been happening here...Things gotta change in 2014.
    http://dreamcancel.com/ | Practice everyday without neglect
  • GraizeGraize Joined: Posts: 2
    Are any of you guys on xbl?

I'm looking for people to play so I can train with Ryu. Also a beginner so you can stomp me and get your PP up.
  • powerhousepowerhouse Joined: Posts: 44 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hi guys. Haven't been here in YEARS!!!! Don't know if any of you know me. Some of the older members probably do. Anyway how's the scene these days. Any new stores worth talking about.
    Powahause! How's it going!?! The only store needing discussion is Games N Go. You should stop by for casuals. We run them at the Games N Go in Rosedale mall on Tuesday and Friday nights from 4:30-8:30 pm.
  • osirris33osirris33 Joined: Posts: 26
    What system are you guys using for AE at Games N Go?
    We are using PS3 for AE
  • TheMrTuttleTheMrTuttle Joined: Posts: 139
    edited March 2014
    I think he means RIP cause the lack of tournaments that has been happening here...Things gotta change in 2014.

$700 ST Pot at my place on March 22. Also, fwiw--and with Rick's help--I run stuff all the time. Send me a message or find me as ReginaldTuttle on facebook.

Post edited by TheMrTuttle on
  • SonicB00MSonicB00M FF || SDM || HDO Joined: Posts: 473
    Multi-game tournament April 12th. AE/Marvel/Injustice/KI/KOF/TTT2/BBCP/Smash

Information at https://www.facebook.com/events/605955672829019.
    Saikyo Hurricane. Chaotic Flame. Fatality.
  • LadramadonLadramadon Munchma Quchi Joined: Posts: 123
    I remember when people used to come here. I remember when I used to come here. Then I met all of you in person, added you on FB, and stopped posting here. Echo.....
    PSN: Ladramadon
    Fighter ID: Drama_
    All challenges will be accepted.
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,019
    Hey fuck faces, who won the tournament? I came here to bump this dead thread.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • ZeroIshtarZeroIshtar Joined: Posts: 5
    Hey fuck faces, who won the tournament? I came here to bump this dead thread.
    Khang won AE, Sanchez won Marvel, KJH (Slayer) won Melee, Grublet won BB... more full lists at https://www.facebook.com/events/605955672829019/
    USF4 - El Fuerte, Rolento ~ BBCP - Hakumen ~ CvS2 - C-Joe/Rugal/Sagat, Athena ~ ST - Cammy, Dhalsim ~ P4U2 - Junpei, Kanji ~ UMvC3 - Hulk/Taskmaster/Sentinel ~ KOF13 - Duo Lon/Mature/EX Iori ~ SC5 - Raphael ~ GGXX - Justice ~ Xrd - Venom ~ SFxT - Dudley/Ogre, Yoshimitsu/Ogre ~ TTT2 - Kunimitsu/Leo ~ SF3:3S - Hugo, Ken, Q ~ MvC2 - Sentinel/Cable/Commando ~ KoF98 - Ralf/Clark/O. Yashiro ~ JJBA - Hol Horse, Dio ~ Chaos Code - Kudlak-Sin ~ MotW - Freeman ~ SvC - Goenitz ~ VS - Q-Bee
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    If anyone is looking for one of those PDP MK TE sticks, I'm trying to sell a couple locally - http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/189703/fs-pdp-mortal-kombat-te-stick-30-local?new=1
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community