Minnesota: Keep it Classy!!!

Comments

• geo189geo189 Baldy / Zangief IRL Joined: Posts: 288
    I'm going to be deactivating my Facebook for the time being. Mostly just family stuff. If anyone wants to get ahold of me I still use the forums, most IMs, and my phone.
    Adon, Zangief, Helicopter
  • EyeLoveSF4EyeLoveSF4 Adon is King! Joined: Posts: 181
    is that comic cade happening tonight? if it is, where is it at?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/XUpYourGameX
    webchat.quakenet.org (#streetfighter4)
  • MacrobeastMacrobeast polychromatic Joined: Posts: 27

I second this interest if someone could PM me the time frame/ location details that'd be awesome.
    ---evolve or die---
  • Zeu$Zeu$ One Turn Kill Joined: Posts: 3,557
    Twin City Comics
    3954 Central Ave Ne
    Columbia Heights, MN

2-12
  • Shogun17Shogun17 Immune to Gravity Joined: Posts: 558

For more info, you can check out the announcement thread:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nov-19-2011-comic-cade-umvc3-release-tournament-fridley-mn.148759/

Start times (may vary by up to a 1/2 hour):
    Mortal Kombat - 2 PM (registration closes at 1:45)
    Super Street Fighter IV:AE - 4 PM (registration closes at 3:45)
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 7 PM (registration closes at 6:45)
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • NogsNogs That new guy Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey I just moved here from Los Angeles and was wondering if someone can give me a ride to casuals. I live in Northeast Minneapolis. I haven't played Street Fighter in awhile and i've been craving. I've been constantly looking for a job and could use a little break now and then. I know a few people already but they have work or busy during the weekdays. If you can I would greatly appreciate or even playing at your place would be nice too. I'm just bored!

You should make it out to the Tourney today. If you are in northeast, it should be pretty close to you!
    Here are the results for Comic-Cade. The turnout was hampered a bit by the snow, but everything went well.

Mortal Kombat 9
    1 Xue Lee
    2 Adam P
    3 Rick Thiher (Rocksteady)
    4 Robby (xx_von_xx)
    5 Punnah Nom (Phenom)
    5 Joe P (Rotanadan)
    7 David Schmidtz (Unmasque)

Super Street Fighter 4: AE
    1 John Noree (BAKA)
    2 Eric Albino (Juicebox Abel)
    3 Christian Khang
    4 Robby (xx_von_xx)
    5 Zach Sager (DiscoFever)
    5 Ben Chandler (meansaltine)
    7 Tones
    7 Bryan Timm (Master Splinter)
    9 Izzy Lee
    9 Steve McMoore (boeken77)
    9 James Dinndorf (iLIKEpizza)
    9 Tom Thiher
    13 Jason Ermer (Macrobeast)
    13 Isaac Stanton
    13 Scott Bullard (ZombieTree)
    13 Punnah Nom (Phenom)
    17 Ethan Gergen (Beavith)
    17 Stefan Pfister (Shogun17)
    17 Eric Schwamberger
    17 Magnum Noree
    17 David Schmidtz (Unmasque)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    1 Keith Walker (Zeus)
    2 Jordan Lee
    3 Eric Albino (Juicebox Abel)
    4 Martin Garcia (SomeMexicanGuy)
    5 Xue Lee
    5 Stefan Pfister (Shogun17)
    7 Kevin Clemens (Azula)
    7 Robby (xx_von_xx)
    9 Tones
    9 Punnah Nom (Phenom)
    9 Evan Pope (Chexr)
    9 Izzy Lee
    13 Eric Schwamberger
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • sgt_toastysgt_toasty Joined: Posts: 148
    Shoutouts to me, Ladromadon, Kodi, and Ogrebait nearly dying as we spun into a ditch on 94 while going about 65mph. Fortunately no one was hurt but Kodi's car needed to get towed and might have some damages :( Needless to say we did not quite make it to comic-cade.

On a happier note, is anyone else enjoying UMVC3 as much as me? I really didn't like vanilla, but Ultimate just seems to have fixed everything that sucked about vanilla and made the game fun and much, much less random.
  • BakejonoBakejono A Monster Joined: Posts: 218
    You should make it out to the Tourney today. If you are in northeast, it should be pretty close to you!

I did go. My gf was nice enough to lend me her car just for the day. I was freaking out because it was my first time driving in snow and i didn't how to stop and get unstuck from the snow. Oh well, I figured it out.

It was nice meeting most of you. Oh yea I still a need ride if someone could give it, thanks!
    :dp::hp::hp::hp::360:
  • xx_von_xxxx_von_xx Joined: Posts: 68
    ggs to everyone i played at the tourney and was pretty fun
  • xx_von_xxxx_von_xx Joined: Posts: 68
    also wanna say thanks to rick and twins city for the tourney and punnha for the stream
  • TONES (^_^)TONES (^_^) TonyTonesYang(^_^) Joined: Posts: 288
    Shoutouts to me, Ladromadon, Kodi, and Ogrebait nearly dying as we spun into a ditch on 94 while going about 65mph. Fortunately no one was hurt but Kodi's car needed to get towed and might have some damages :( Needless to say we did not quite make it to comic-cade.

On a happier note, is anyone else enjoying UMVC3 as much as me? I really didn't like vanilla, but Ultimate just seems to have fixed everything that sucked about vanilla and made the game fun and much, much less random.

The Good News they're safe :), but I feel bad for what they went through and for the car. :amazed:

Freakin Snow! >:(

UMVC3 is a game I still need to work on and I'm fine with it as of now. :sweat: I just need more knowledge and more passion to play it. Maybe its just me trying to balance other fighting games. Oh man, talk about KOFXIII next Tuesday :amazed:
    also wanna say thanks to rick and twins city for the tourney and punnha for the stream

Indeed.

Thank you Twin City Comics for hosting the place, Rick for setting up the event, Punnha for video stream and along with Tom, Shogun for organizing the tournament, Brian and James for taking photos of the tournament, and all that have helped made this tournament. Games N Go also sponsored this tournament. :china:

It was amazing to meet Juicebox and got in some matches with him. :) Its something I don't get to experience a lot with high-level players. I would like to thank him for giving me tips. Plus, he's hilarious :rofl: I know he is interested in KOF XIII, I would like to see him progress in KOF XIII because the KOF series is a game that I've played and I have some interest in the past KOF games.

I had fun and I got to do a commentary for the first time and enjoyed it. I probably would swear/curse a lot, but it is PG-13 :eek: How about have me drink and commentate 8-) Yeah, see how that would look like. :smokin:

It was a unexpected snowy chaotic day o_O and I think that may have caused some issues with some that may have wanted to come by. As we have heard about the WI friends (Adam, Evan, and Kodi) and other members from MN. Damn you Snow :lame: It had to be that day.

Next Tuesday, KOF XIII is out. I might be seeing Desmond and Erik again. :china: This is going to be another game to learn. Gosh damn, me balancing other fighting games. I hope to see if any others would like to play KOF XIII. :rock:

Now I'm back to my almost everyday life :rolleyes:
    - "Be reasonable" - Tones
    - People usually call me by Tones
    - SAVE MONEY FOR EVO (Money Issue)
    - It's all Good (I say this a lot)
    - Play with respect (Game Level and Personal Level)
    - I love my SF Community, KOF Community, and Tekken Community
    - Thank you God, Jesus, and Angels
  • TONES (^_^)TONES (^_^) TonyTonesYang(^_^) Joined: Posts: 288
    By the way, I vote for Ben AKA Meansaltine for commantary :cool:. Trust me, he's good at it :tup:
    - "Be reasonable" - Tones
    - People usually call me by Tones
    - SAVE MONEY FOR EVO (Money Issue)
    - It's all Good (I say this a lot)
    - Play with respect (Game Level and Personal Level)
    - I love my SF Community, KOF Community, and Tekken Community
    - Thank you God, Jesus, and Angels
  • Zeu$Zeu$ One Turn Kill Joined: Posts: 3,557
    is that stream archived. I have to see that match against juicebox. Everyone told me i was doing sick shit lol.
  • UnmasqueUnmasque Joined: Posts: 31
    Oh my last name is Schmitz for future reference, otherwise great tournament, great experience
    Also, why am i tied for last on AE if i went 1-2, there must have been people who were 0-2 right?
  • RotanadanRotanadan Joined: Posts: 170
    Thanks for putting on the event guys, good stuff.

So it turns out I have access to a laser cutter. My home made hitbox version 2 is going to be just awesome, looking for acrylic/lexan today. My question to you fine fellows is does anyone have any 24mm sanwa snap ins laying around? I can order em but if anyone has spare I could save a few bucks.

Oh and a spare xbox controller I can gut would be nice to so I dont have to go buy a new controller just to destroy it.
  • HellaJHellaJ FreeHawk Joined: Posts: 268

So it turns out I have access to a laser cutter. My home made hitbox version 2 is going to be just awesome, looking for acrylic/lexan today. My question to you fine fellows is does anyone have any 24mm sanwa snap ins laying around? I can order em but if anyone has spare I could save a few bucks.

Oh and a spare xbox controller I can gut would be nice to so I dont have to go buy a new controller just to destroy it.

How many do you need?

I have 2 white and 2 yellow laying around iirc
  • LadramadonLadramadon Munchma Quchi Joined: Posts: 123

Hell of a day.

I'm pretty sure you just like it cause you can body me hard.
    PSN: Ladramadon
    Fighter ID: Drama_
    All challenges will be accepted.
    Oh my last name is Schmitz for future reference, otherwise great tournament, great experience
    Also, why am i tied for last on AE if i went 1-2, there must have been people who were 0-2 right?

Thanks for the correction. I updated it in Tournament Maker, so the next time I list brackets it will be correct.

It's the same reason that I went 1-2 and tied for last. There were enough Byes in the bracket so that everyone who didn't get a Bye in the opening round received a Bye in the losers bracket. In your case, you won your opening round match, then lost your second match. You were then matched up against Punnha who received a bye in the first round of the losers bracket (as did everyone else in the losers bracket after the first round).

Comic-Cade_11-19-2011_SSF4AE.gif

I have a bunch of extra 24mm sanwa black snap in buttons, if I can find them. I'll let you know. No controller though.
    What does everyone think about Makoto?
  • UnmasqueUnmasque Joined: Posts: 31
    If anyone wants to play AE on PC tonight, message me on steam (Unmasque)
  • sgt_toastysgt_toasty Joined: Posts: 148
    You should totally play her! :)

Or just play UMVC3 with me next week. :wgrin:
  • BeavithBeavith !!?!?!! Joined: Posts: 268
    Makoto is one of the best in the game.
    Your Makoto is uglier than a Hakan mirror match.
    Playtime has ended.
    Makoto is one of the best in the game.
    Your Makoto is uglier than a Hakan mirror match.

When you're right, you're right. I'm gonna be so excited when I can finally do a combo with her.
  • OmexOmex これはあなたのゲームでは無い。 Joined: Posts: 93
    Is anyone else picking up a 360 copy of KOF13 today? My 360 just ate the disc before I could fucking boot the game or install it.

I've no idea if disc resurfacing fixes this or whatnot, but if I can install it off someone else's disc I'll be dandy.
  • GAMESNGOGAMESNGO Joined: Posts: 227
    Is anyone else picking up a 360 copy of KOF13 today? My 360 just ate the disc before I could fucking boot the game or install it.

I've no idea if disc resurfacing fixes this or whatnot, but if I can install it off someone else's disc I'll be dandy.

I was happy to save the disc!! Sweet game good games BTW!
  • !! BAKA !!!! BAKA !! That's Idiot to you. Joined: Posts: 157
    Anyone wanna money match in kof? New game so I suggest the stakes should be high :)
    People call me idiot, Why? I do not know.

It may not seem like it but everything you do really does make a difference. Some just forget to thank you.
  • giruhigegiruhige Joined: Posts: 52
    edited September 2014
    Post edited by giruhige on
    So I have a question about umvc3 now that it's out. My Xbox is my permanent desk setup so I use it every day (ps3 not so much) I'm wondering if people play it online enough to be worth it. I see a few people on my friends list on Xbl playing it, but do you guys usually play against each other online?
  • HellaJHellaJ FreeHawk Joined: Posts: 268
    So I have a question about umvc3 now that it's out. My Xbox is my permanent desk setup so I use it every day (ps3 not so much) I'm wondering if people play it online enough to be worth it. I see a few people on my friends list on Xbl playing it, but do you guys usually play against each other online?

I play pretty often on late night weekdays (pretty much 10pm onward), I'd be down for doing a local lobby during this time if people were around.
  • IjojoIIjojoI Joined: Posts: 222
    Are there Casuals @ Brooklyn Park today?
    Are there Casuals @ Brooklyn Park today?
    I hope so I'm headed out there right now
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,307
    Man Vergil is cheaper than a mothafucker.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    - Azula
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,331
    I know I don't come out as often anymore cause of my own problems but seriously.. For UMVC3 at least... I feel like Vergil is a good char, but I feel like he's really hard to get in with from a serious perspective. I mean, you have round trip, which is completely ridiculous, but if you hit him before he starts it or hits him while its going, it stops. I completely agree with that, that should happen but, its still really hard for him to get in. I mean, you can call assist and all that, but I always think from the lower end of the stick which is...

What if I don't have an assist or whatever anymore... He has teleport but he can't get in. I mean, he has three different teleport's which is good but still... I still feel like even though Dante got hit by nerfs, he's still better. Do not disrespect but I LOVE VERGIL!! I loved him by the first time he got introduced into DMC but I still feel like he's lacking. Dante has an air dash forward or back but Vergil does not. The only thing Vergil can do is if he jumps is... j.d+H, f/b+H for a throw or a tech, or if your holding round trip, and you wouldn't let that out if you were going to tech or hit them or whatever, but you see my point.

Seriously... I feel like Vergil is a good character, but lets go off of the skill level difference and just talk about statistics and what he has. I mean... lets say you watch a guy and he's killing with Arthur or such.. Yeah, hes killing with Arthur but that doesn't mean he's a high tier or a super good character if he's a good guy being good at the game. That's just the person seriously. You might just not be watching out for matchup's or whatever, but seriously, if you're aiming to be in a top spot... You better be knowing all of these facts and even more than that to keep it going.

I'm seriously just touching the bare minimum but... w/e. Its just how I feel but think about it in your head. I know everybody's knows what I'm saying at least.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Currently grinding out MVCI. Gamora/???
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
  • IjojoIIjojoI Joined: Posts: 222
    Vergil's pretty annoying with the right teammates.
  • BakuhakubasugasuBakuhakubasugasu Eating dreams since '96. Joined: Posts: 3,331
    Vergil's pretty annoying with the right teammates.
    Yeah. I agree but I still feel like its hard for him to get in at certain times. I do love Vergil and how he plays though for sure. He's got them swag combos.
    PSN: Bakuhakubasugasu
    I play all fighting games.
    Currently grinding out MVCI. Gamora/???
    Youtube<<Combos/Tutorials | TwitchTv<<Stream
    So I gave in and made another facebook just for GnG stuff and to catch up with stuff I don't see on the forums. If Zangief IRL adds you, that's me. Should have made it George N Games, but oh well.
  • RotanadanRotanadan Joined: Posts: 170
    Hah ok.

GG's the other night George and J, I only had time for a few. Did it drop your game when I left since I was hosting the lobby? George and J did you ever find those buttons? Hoping to get this plexy cut soon then just need to solder up a new 360 pcb and plug new buttons in.
    Hah ok.

GG's the other night George and J, I only had time for a few. Did it drop your game when I left since I was hosting the lobby? George and J did you ever find those buttons? Hoping to get this plexy cut soon then just need to solder up a new 360 pcb and plug new buttons in.
    no the lobby kept going, played a few more games. I've got 24mm buttons yeah, I'll try to remember to put a couple in my bag and bring them Tuesday