Minnesota: Keep it Classy!!!

Comments

• GAMESNGOGAMESNGO Joined: Posts: 227
    Tones good games of League the other night its always nice to dominate scrubs.
  • iLIKEpizzaiLIKEpizza and beer! Joined: Posts: 378
    haha, man last night blanka was so free! j/k

nice blanka Pizza ^_^'

i really hate blanka matchups.

LOL yeah there was an abundance of Guiles last night. I'd leave to grab a beer and all I'd hear was "sonic boom!...sonic boom!"
    "I love the power glove. It's so bad."
  • TONES (^_^)TONES (^_^) TonyTonesYang(^_^) Joined: Posts: 288
    That's cool Tones, I understand that things can come up but thank you for letting me know!! I'd definitely be up for playing some games soon, I'll be needing all the practice I can get.

Yes Zir :rock:
    Tong, there you go.

Tong, take it. :karate:
    Tones good games of League the other night its always nice to dominate scrubs.

:rofl: The new map was something I don't play a lot on because I usually play on the old map (Summoner Raft), but its all good. Yeah, it was cool to cream the other players. I think that map would be good for melee (Closer Combat Characters) than other characters for LOL. Thats just my opinion though. You made good calls at the end and I took it and we won the match. :tup:
    - "Be reasonable" - Tones
    - People usually call me by Tones
    - SAVE MONEY FOR EVO (Money Issue)
    - It's all Good (I say this a lot)
    - Play with respect (Game Level and Personal Level)
    - I love my SF Community, KOF Community, and Tekken Community
    - Thank you God, Jesus, and Angels
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,024

For the uneducated and dispicible gutter trash in this thread... You may want to be on the lookout.

DeeJay Vortex is not something to be fukt with.

Another thing that I think only be and THE SHOGUN will geek out about is.... HITMOTHERFUCKINGBOXES

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234787&page=1
    I am looking for room buddies at MWC. Late notice I know but I figured I would post it anyway.

Me and John don't have a ride anymore and Caleb wants to go... Maybe I can drive down.. Split gas + Hotel room?
    :rofl: The new map was something I don't play a lot on because I usually play on the old map (Summoner Raft), but its all good. Yeah, it was cool to cream the other players. I think that map would be good for melee (Closer Combat Characters) than other characters for LOL. Thats just my opinion though. You made good calls at the end and I took it and we won the match. :tup:

Twisted treeline makes neutraling heroes godlike... If you neutral with Warwick you just get buff after buff and he goes from being one of the weakest to one of the stongest on that map.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • kliqueykliquey Jump Kick Footsweep! Joined: Posts: 358
    ggs in endless last night. Felt like I was in a room with 7 other guiles. Guile one of Cammy's toughest matchups too :sad:
    That's cool Tones, I understand that things can come up but thank you for letting me know!! I'd definitely be up for playing some games soon, I'll be needing all the practice I can get.

For the rest of you guys, this means that there is a spot open for a cheap room at EVO. Songo, James and Des, if you know anyone would like to go in on it, get ahold of me and let me know, it's pretty much first come first serve at this point. Get at me.

If a spot opened up I'd like to grab it!

edit: Isaac we have 1 spot in our room. Me, James, Desmond only thign is that we check in Saturday afternoon and check out Sunday Morning. You can split the saturday room w/us if you like.
  • SonicB00MSonicB00M FF || SDM || HDO Joined: Posts: 473
    I feel your pain on getting into a room full of your toughest match-ups. Personally I have massive mental hangups with Blanka and Cammy , so having a Cammy of your caliber and a Blanka of Pizza's was definitely a struggle. I'm looking forward to playing both of you in the future though and pushing through those difficulties and improving my game. I'm currently shuffling between characters a bit as well thanks to all the new options, so hopefully, once their game's are up, I wont' be adding solely "another Guile" to the matches.
    Saikyo Hurricane. Chaotic Flame. Fatality.
  • webweaverwebweaver That Felt Good, Didn't It? Joined: Posts: 231
    haha, man last night blanka was so free! j/k

nice blanka Pizza ^_^'

i really hate blanka matchups.

Hey!! gg's man your adon is pretty sick. we should play more often you and I are pretty close in skill level if you ask me. We have some pretty damn good matches.
    A good conversation is like a skirt, short enough to keep your interest, yet long enough to cover the subject. - Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia
  • FinalMixPlusFinalMixPlus no more mister nice guy Joined: Posts: 120
    If a spot opened up I'd like to grab it!

cool Tong, consider yourself in, you make four. i won't be at MWC, unfort, but i'll be at the next few gatherings/tournaments for sure. and i may be at casuals next tuesday at GnG if you make those at all. i'll touch base with you all there, if you have any questions or comments about the details of the room just drop me a line here. thanks.
    humbag. konkrete. perfect legend. kineda. noel brown. gootecks. marn. your mom.
  • Shogun17Shogun17 Immune to Gravity Joined: Posts: 558
    Another thing that I think only be and THE SHOGUN will geek out about is.... HITMOTHERFUCKINGBOXES

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234787&page=1

Nice find there. It's a hell of a lot to sift through, so hopefully someone will be able to organize it an put it in an easier-to-view format.
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • burnyourbraburnyourbra :) :) :) :) Joined: Posts: 154

Yeah, I already got hit with that shit when I was playing my friend the other day.

Fuckin fustrating.
    Oh . . . hi =]
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,024
    Yeah, I already got hit with that shit when I was playing my friend the other day.

Fuckin fustrating.

I played against a guy who did it somewhat to me but he didn't have his jump ins down.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • EyeLoveSF4EyeLoveSF4 Adon is King! Joined: Posts: 181
    I haven't seen any good Deejay players yet, but his vortex probably isn't as good as akuma's?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/XUpYourGameX
    webchat.quakenet.org (#streetfighter4)
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    YEAH YEAH SHOGUN YOU'LL BE TOO BUSY DOING THIS WITH YOUR BROTHER
  • SePhoBrothSePhoBroth EATS PHO & LOVE IT Joined: Posts: 281
    How can you guys call that a vortex? All it looks like to me is cross up or not. Ambiguous, maybe! Vortex, don't think so.

Somebody must really not like you Shogun. They wasted there time making an account just to post that video.
    Your facts are in fact your opinion.
    "REAL TALK" where everything said before was not real.
    Why have a secondary when your main sucks?
    If anyone ever invites me on PSN to a room, its usually says unable to get in. You might have to send me a invite a few times in order for me to get in.

Damn you PS3! :annoy:

Edit:

I realize that I can't be able to join games that well, but I'm able to create the matches. The thing is, I moved to my brother's house and there seems to be a difference with the connections on PSN.

My connections probably suck
  • RoyceRoyce Joined: Posts: 73
    If anyone ever invites me on PSN to a room, its usually says unable to get in. You might have to send me a invite a few times in order for me to get in.

Damn you PS3! :annoy:

Edit:

I realize that I can't be able to join games that well, but I'm able to create the matches. The thing is, I moved to my brother's house and there seems to be a difference with the connections on PSN.

My connections probably suck

It is likely caused by the NAT type available to you on his connection. Make sure you are at least getting NAT type 2 in the PS3 and you should be good (you are probably NAT type 3). You can do that on the PS3 where it says "test your connection". The easiest way to make it work properly is by enabling uPnp on your router. This will allow the PS3 to talk to the router and automatically forward ports it needs. If your brother will let you log in to it, check and see if uPnp is supported and enable it. If not, I would offer to buy him a $40 linksys wrt54g2 router and enable uPnp on that. If you google your router model and uPnp, you should be able to find out quickly if it is supported.

If that isn't possible, follow the below link to learn how to forward ports and you should be set.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185419&p=6479102#post6479102
  • DigitalGypsyDigitalGypsy MN 3S Scrub Joined: Posts: 360
    Classiest post of this thread yet Royce. Good info.
    Now he's just being a buttface.
  • FinalMixPlusFinalMixPlus no more mister nice guy Joined: Posts: 120
    good luck at MWC guys!
    humbag. konkrete. perfect legend. kineda. noel brown. gootecks. marn. your mom.
  • Desmond DelaghettoDesmond Delaghetto Ghetto Strategies Joined: Posts: 622
    Tuesday's turnout at Games N Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhJ5sawCb3s
    http://dreamcancel.com/ | Practice everyday without neglect
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Guys, I'll be heading to the hotel/venue (I'll be there before 3pm). I'll be tossing tables around with Josh Queen (Keits & Company) at 6pm. But if anyone wants to get some casuals in anything/just wanna talk shit & hang out...just gimme a ring.

262.705.3674 / Webster

SEE YOU SHIZHEADS THERE!!! :D
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • MuRd3riNGQu33nXMuRd3riNGQu33nX Killa-Qu33nX Joined: Posts: 233
    Hey guys, and girls if any heh. I'm new to the MN Fighting community so yeah...hi haha.
    On my way, every single day.
    My Gaming Blog yes http://glakemicoleriuno.wordpress.com/
    Hey guys, and girls if any heh. I'm new to the MN Fighting community so yeah...hi haha.

Hey there MQ! Welcome! I'd type out your full name, but I'd hate to miscapitalize or denumberify something. :wink:

I presume you play SSF4. Do you play online much? Feel free to add me on PSN (Shogun1717) if you'd like. Otherwise, keep an eye on the thread here for other get togethers or events.
    You might be screamin', 'No! no! no!' and all they hear is, 'Who wants cake?'. Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
  • burnyourbraburnyourbra :) :) :) :) Joined: Posts: 154
    How can you guys call that a vortex? All it looks like to me is cross up or not. Ambiguous, maybe! Vortex, don't think so.

Well I looked back at the match and I was blocking it as if it was a cross up and I continued to get hit.

I don't know much about DeeJay and maybe it's too early to tell if its a vortex or not but as of right now, it's a little nutty.
    Oh . . . hi =]
    Hey there MQ! Welcome! I'd type out your full name, but I'd hate to miscapitalize or denumberify something. :wink:

I presume you play SSF4. Do you play online much? Feel free to add me on PSN (Shogun1717) if you'd like. Otherwise, keep an eye on the thread here for other get togethers or events.

Thanks! =D. Yes I play SSF4, although its the first SF game I've truly gotten into, previous games I've only got a taste test of, I suppose I've missed out on a lot huh? I play online every once in awhile with my friend but I suck and I don't own a stick yet >.< btw you I know my users a little long, Qu33n is fine..or MQ
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Well I looked back at the match and I was blocking it as if it was a cross up and I continued to get hit.

I don't know much about DeeJay and maybe it's too early to tell if its a vortex or not but as of right now, it's a little nutty.

Seems like he's got a decent three-way mixup with a knockdown:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • D-man96D-man96 Joined: Posts: 6
    no offence shogun1717 but this video is pretty funny i just watched it.
    It is likely caused by the NAT type available to you on his connection. Make sure you are at least getting NAT type 2 in the PS3 and you should be good (you are probably NAT type 3). You can do that on the PS3 where it says "test your connection". The easiest way to make it work properly is by enabling uPnp on your router. This will allow the PS3 to talk to the router and automatically forward ports it needs. If your brother will let you log in to it, check and see if uPnp is supported and enable it. If not, I would offer to buy him a $40 linksys wrt54g2 router and enable uPnp on that. If you google your router model and uPnp, you should be able to find out quickly if it is supported.

If that isn't possible, follow the below link to learn how to forward ports and you should be set.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185419&p=6479102#post6479102

Thanks Royce :china:
    good luck at MWC guys!

I second that :tup:
  • Imm0rt4lImm0rt4l Final Boss Joined: Posts: 826
    played you last night in ranked. ggs!

yea man good shit we should get some games in some time,I need practice on that matchup. Beasty cammy you got.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/imm0rt4l

SSF4 mains: Gouken and Dudley
    Qu33n is fine..

Are you a Qu33n to be?

• 56K-56K- R.I.P. Phoenix Joined: Posts: 802

Deejay vortex is the shiiit

well for deejay's vortex there's

crossup j.mk
    ambiguous non-crossup j.mk
    late l.hp which changes deejay's trajectory, also ambigous
    short jump (j.lk) which is active for a long time, stuffs everything and shortens deejay's jump trajectory
    whiff short jump, followed by other shit

probably some more i just started playing him yesterday
    (You know your modding obsession has gotten out of control when..) Everyone thinks you're a devil worshiper because you always talk non-stop about Imps and Cthulhu. -DaRabidDuckie
  • SugarBear RuxxSugarBear Ruxx Joined: Posts: 18
    Whats up guys. New to the fighting game scene (started with vanilla; playing super now). Looking to maybe get some tournament/offline experience in the Twin Cities area. Also I'm planning on going to EVO (got my hotel and reservations minus a plane ticket).

One of my friends saw a tournament posting for some store in the Rosedale Shopping Center (maybe a Games N' Go?) for something on the 21st. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks :smile:
    Are you a Qu33n to be?

lulz nope, and I'm glad to =x
    As I was watching the stream, I heard the name Bubbaloo and Dirtywerk. I saw Shia using his Dudley.
    no offence shogun1717 but this video is pretty funny i just watched it.

Don't apologize to me for the video. It was funny, but I had nothing to do with it.
    Whats up guys. New to the fighting game scene (started with vanilla; playing super now). Looking to maybe get some tournament/offline experience in the Twin Cities area. Also I'm planning on going to EVO (got my hotel and reservations minus a plane ticket).

One of my friends saw a tournament posting for some store in the Rosedale Shopping Center (maybe a Games N' Go?) for something on the 21st. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks :smile:

Hey SugarBear Ruxx. Yeah, there will be a tournament at Games n Go on the 21st. The basic info is posted on http://www.mnstreetfighter.com with a link to the full details. We may also be doing a RanBat tournament this upcoming weekend for SSF4, so you could come to that as well. I'll post details up soon.
  • loldotcomloldotcom wtflol Joined: Posts: 875
    As I was watching the stream, I heard the name Bubbaloo and Dirtywerk. I saw Shia using his Dudley.

Saw a couple of our guy's matches, but most of the time it was them versus Floe, or Valle -_-
  • Imm0rt4lImm0rt4l Final Boss Joined: Posts: 826
    I also saw someone go up against marn.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/imm0rt4l

SSF4 mains: Gouken and Dudley
  • webweaverwebweaver That Felt Good, Didn't It? Joined: Posts: 231
    It was a brutal week end that's for sure.
    A good conversation is like a skirt, short enough to keep your interest, yet long enough to cover the subject. - Zelos Wilder, Tales of Symphonia
    Just got back! MWC was OKAY:

-Venue was like Meltdown 09 size but bigger by maybe 30 square feet.

-We had to stand for hours on Saturday to play Super SF4.

-We couldn't leave or else we would get DQed if they did call us.

-Every cute chick there had a boyfriend (not surprised).

-Songo did a live rage quit

-I made two white boys rage after I beat them

-Mofo's was musty as hell

-I won 3rd place in two games (KOF2k2UM and 3S)

-In Guilty Gear, my only win was against a girl (that had a boyfriend that played really well)

-The pillows at the hotel made me sleep like a fucking newborn baby

I have some footage from this weekend, mostly just clowning around and shit, not too many "MATCH" vids. I'll post em soon.

Big props to Marc for the ride. Thanks homie.

peace
  • ThirdStrikeSucksThirdStrikeSucks Whiff City Joined: Posts: 215
    MWC was ok. Next time there should be more breathing space, it doesn't have to be in a hotel room. It could be in a shack for all I care. Breathing room is more important than chandeliers and shit. Secondly, I thought the losers brackets should've played before going through ALL of the winners.... then the losers wouldn't have to wait 5 hours before playing their next match. It would've been nice to be drunk watching the winners play instead of tired and annoyed that nothing was going on for those 5 hours. I understand there were 200+ entrants, but yea... meh.

This again, shows that the LaCrosse/Gaming Generations tournament was 50x better and more comfortable once again.

Maybe the guys running MWC should talk to the Gaming Generations guys about helping out NEXT year since they seem to be really on top of their game when setting up events.

just my .02

and.... CONGRATS to BAKA for taking first in 3S! And Desmond taking 3rd in 3S!

...and SSF4, meh. I'm ok that I lost to Valle as a 2nd match. I got two matches on the stream at least! I lost to Mun3y again (lost to him in LaX and coincidentally ran across him at MWC too in the losers, ugh).

Looks like a lot of us placed 65th! haha.

Til next time, Freecago and Freetroit will be Songo's!

Thanks Markuma for the ride to/from. Next time I'll be planning on the whole weekend so I can party overnight.
    Trollin trolls since 2010.
  • loldotcomloldotcom wtflol Joined: Posts: 875
    http://tonamento.com/ViewTournament.aspx?id=197

tournament results

edit: Kliquey, next time do better than 13th!