I will be moving there soon,

can anyone tell me the scene there?
Any regular groups of people playing?
Any arcades?

i play sf4 and ssf4

Thanks!

Comments

• AkibanaZeroAkibanaZero @AkibanaZero Joined: Posts: 400
    Hello! We currently have a small group here in Beijing. During the sf4 "days" we went almost weekly to the arcades where there were plenty of Chinese players. I'm assuming that it must be relatively the same in Shanghai too. A lot of Chinese are really into these kind of games so I don't think you will have a problem finding people as long as there are arcades.
    akibana.jpg

My stream:
  • QQBertQQBert Joined: Posts: 24
    Hey hlxino! Welcome to Shanghai!

The arcade scene for fighting games here is quite good actually, hit me up when you come over and I'll show you around sometime. The makeup here is mostly SF4, KOF '98 Ultimate Match, KOF '02 Unlimited Match (HK Version), with a tiny number of 3S and BBCS machines scattered about. That being said, there are about 3 main fighting game arcades where the skill is pretty evenly divided up, with one in particular where all Shanghai pros play, you see a lot of the Beijing pros here too when they're in town.

I've been meaning to put up a Shanghai arcade list, I'll do it once I get a new camera and get out and take some pictures. There's actually a few arcades that carry legit Japanese SF4 boards and a lot of smaller ones that just hook up a console or PC inside a cabinet, but at least there's always people to play with and super cheap too. I haven't seen SSF4 in any of these places yet, but it's bound to happen soon.
  • CarmenCarmen 三十六計,走為上策 Joined: Posts: 684
    Shanghai is supposed to be the biggst mainland scene (or after HK) for ac games, its also the only place outside of Japan where there is a Last blade 2 scene right? That alone would be pretty amazing.

Have any of you guys been to Kunshan by any chance? Its 10 mins by D-train, I'll be moving there in a few months.
    "老外的LEI很烦人"
    "yea get rid of that tekken three habit of using lei"

"还是换人吧"

"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"

• SilentKillerZSilentKillerZ Joined: Posts: 6
    Is there any other arcade that has sf4 in shanghai besides the one at zhengyang? Preferably in the pudong area because that is where I am now.
    Oh yea ??! Do they still play SS zero? Man I can't wait to stop by Shanghai
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hi QQbert,

My Name is Max and i am a french Man that has been living in Shanghai for over 4 years!

Being a Versus Fighting Addict i am spending a lots of time in the Arcade here such as Lie-Huo on Nanjing Xi Lu/ Shaanxi Lu, Lu Gong on Xujiahui Lu....

I used to be one of the top Tekken player in France when Tekken 4 came out and did practice with some of the best Shanghainese players such as xBw, Ning, Fang Fang... on Tekken 5 !

Anyway Tekken 6 has been out for a while and let's say i am not really keen on it lol

So i moved to Street Fighter 4 playing at a very basic level. I have just bought SSF IV on PS3 on the arcade version is not gonna be released before July Or August....

So i am looking for players to train at home and for sure have fun as well.

I would be happy to welcome you guys in my place if you want or somewhere else... I am currently living in The Lujiazui District in Pudong ! Line 2 Dongchang Lu Station.

Will send you my phone number by PM !

Could be lots of fun and we ll be ready to kick some ass when the arcade version is gonna be released ^^

I am available today for a session if you want

Have a great day

Max
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I will be moving there soon,

can anyone tell me the scene there?
    Any regular groups of people playing?
    Any arcades?

i play sf4 and ssf4

Thanks!

Hi Hixino !

Please see my post for QQbert just above this one.

Will send you my number by PM ! Just text me whenever you want.

Welcome To Shanghai ^^
  • DaymanDayman Joined: Posts: 14
    Hi everyone!
    I'm just another SF4 player in Shanghai.
    Been going a lot lately at the Guangyang Lu Arcade, and the level is pretty high.
    It would be nice to play against other foreigners, so PM me for a possible meet-up !
    Also, i'd like to know if anyone knows where to buy Blazblue : Continuum Shift in Shanghai, cause all the stores i went to (near Xujiahui mainly) didn't have it.
    Help appreciated :)
  • meiji_99meiji_99 Joined: Posts: 103
    Anyone know is there any arcade center that have KoF XIII in Shanghai ?
    I've plan to visit Shanghai on August 7th, i'll stay in Xi Kang Lu-Jing'An District.
    Thanks.
  • DynickstyDynicksty Joined: Posts: 562
    I will be in Shanghai for the next 7 days. I'm a tournament player. Can someone post the location/address of the more competitive arcades in Shanghai?
    Baidu lie huo (??, its somewhere on Nan jing road if I recall) or zhenyang (??), those are the two largest ones as far as I know.
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

Baidu lie huo (??, its somewhere on Nan jing road if I recall) or zhenyang (??), those are the two largest ones as far as I know.

Thank you very much!!! Does anyone here frequent these places?? I want to know what day is best to go?
    You'd better go to the arcade on n° 315 Guan Yuan Road, near Xujiahui. Building is on the right, 6 SF4 cabinets, best level in Shanghai.
    Thanks, Dayman. Please check your PMs
    - Shanghai Zheng Yang Games: West Guang Yuan Road, Xu Hui District no. 315-1F.
    - Lu Wan District Workers World Style Club: Xu Jia Hui Road, Lu Wan District no. 358-3F.
    - Shanghai Lie-Huo Game Entertainment: Jiang Ning Road, Jing'An District no. 77-4F, Opposite The Majestic Theatre.
    - Atlantic Mall: Xu Jia Hui/Guang Yuan/Hua Shan Road, Xu Hui District no. 2018-6F, New road up to the original department store.
    - Shanghai Qu Yang Game Room: Qu Yang/Yu Tian/Chi Feng Road, Hong Kou District, Next to Carrefour Qu Yang.
    - Workers Cultural Palace Shanghai Hu Xi: East New/Wu Ning Road, Pu Tuo District no. 255-2F, Main Building.
    - Mass Cinema/Happy Place: North Si Chuan/Qiu Jiang Road, Hong Kou District no. 1552-1F.
    @Dayman
    Thanks for yesterday, you're good Chunli player.
    Lets meet & play together again. :D
    @Dynicksty
    Im still in Shanghai until August 17th, so if you want to meet up you can send PM to me.
  • gou1gou1 Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey guys,

I went to the arcades in West Guang Yuan Road yesterday. 6 Lingbergh SF4 cabinets, back to back. I played for 3 hours non stop on the same cabinet. Level was mixed, from beginners to 15-hits-combo-ers. All in all it cost me 20RMB, so about 2? for around 50 coins.

The arcade center is pretty big, and when it comes to VS fighting you can find pretty much everthing you want: kof, sf, tekken, sc, vf etc.

I am in shanghai till early september for work so I'll guess I'll go there quite often, mainly during the week starting from 8PM.

If you want to say Hi, I am a laowai, have long brown hair and a beard. And my name is Max. And I play Boxer.
    I leave Monday afternoon and I want to play Super!!! btw who knows the name of the Shanghai Zangief player who goes to either lie huo or xu jia hui?

@Dayman - it was nice to meet you! I'm sorry I couldn't really play that long and I rushed our matches but my touring family was waiting for me outside =[.

Hopefully we can play a little bit of super or at least share strategy with each other! good games!
  • ATM SPIDERTAOATM SPIDERTAO A Hero Superior... ATM SPIDERTAO Joined: Posts: 4,153
    hey guys, i'm a canadian dude teaching english in seoul and i'm going to shanghai for vacation for like a week prolly next week. i'm wondering if i should bring my xbox 360 and try to get some local competition for ssf4

skill level wise, i doubt i'll be the best. actually i know i won't be the best, but i hopefully can give the top players a few tough matches. the competition in south korea is fucking amazing

i doubt i can hit up any arcades but how's the scene on Xbox live? or does everyone just log onto japan's network?
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
    XBOXLIVE gamertag: ATM SPIDERTAO
    I'll be at the arcade in xu hui this afternoon.
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    hey guys i'm also in shanghai right now and will be heading to ZhengYang this afternoon... hope to see some of u there... i'm a chinese kid 5'11 using balrog. If u see me, come say hi...

spider tao: yo man, u gotta let me know when ur in shanghai, i'll treat u to dinner/massage. And we gotta plya for money in sf4 :china:
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
    Shoutouts to JS Master! Nice to meet you at the arcade today. I was so glad there was someone there who spoke English!

I will be going to ZhengYang again tomorrow in the afternoon/evening, maybe earlier if I don't get my last massage before I leave =[[[
    I might go there in the end of the afternoon. I wanted to go out and do some stuff today, but the weather's just too damn hot :sweat:

@Dayman & meiji_99 That was so nice meeting you guys at ZhengYang yesterday !
    Does anyone know if the arcade is closed today?
    Oh yeah because of the holyday stuff. I dunno, i'd like to know too before i go out under that rain...
    i am going there to see if its opened. if you wanna know you can just text me 13472516465
    Im going to Lie-Huo tonight, maybe around 9 PM or 10 PM. Anyone coming ?
    Let's meet up in there, thanks.
    @Dayman & gou1
    Thanks for yesterday guys, i hope we can meet up again tonight.
    @Dayman, Kakarotto_SH, gou1
    Thanks for everything guys, i had such a great time in Shanghai.
    I hope we can meet up & play again together next time.
    Au Revoir, Terima Kasih (Thank You).

@Dynicksty
    Too bad we can't meet up, i hope we can play together next time.
    Thanks.
    Terima Kasih

Sama sama !
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    hi does anyone wanna go to Zheng Yang tmr? i'm thinking early afternoon around 2pm
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
  • CreaznCreazn Joined: Posts: 22
    hey guys! Im staying here in Shanghai for a pretty long time, at least a year. Ive been in Beijing before and the arcades were pretty sick there. I hope the competition is the same or even better in Shanghai. If anyone of you guys wold like to hit me p and show me around the ssf4 arcade scene, pm me. I live in Hongkou, hope its not too far from zhengyang or guangyan lu. Hit me up soon and pm me your number.
    hey guys! Im staying here in Shanghai for a pretty long time, at least a year. Ive been in Beijing before and the arcades were pretty sick there. I hope the competition is the same or even better in Shanghai. If anyone of you guys wold like to hit me p and show me around the ssf4 arcade scene, pm me. I live in Hongkou, hope its not too far from zhengyang or guangyan lu. Hit me up soon and pm me your number.

I highly recommend that you go to zhengyang because it's a great arcade and that's where their top players go AFAIK.
    Today I went to Xujiahui and it was kinda disappointing. I was looking around for the arcade and couldnt find anything till I got to the Metro City. There is a SEGA arcade. Very disappointing and there were only two cabs and noone playing. Thereby the stick was almost broken, couldnt DP properly.. I would like to know where Zhengyang is and how to get there, if anyone can help me it would be great!
    IIRC the Xujiahui station is the closest to zhengyang and the arcade is on West Guang Yang Road. The address for every arcade is on the first page of the thread.
    Today I went to Xujiahui and it was kinda disappointing. I was looking around for the arcade and couldnt find anything

In ShangHai you can't find places by looking around ^^ You need the exact address. As said previously, the addresses are on the first page. There are 6 SF4 cabs and very good level at ZhengYang, so it's definately the best place to go.
    Yea thanx to gou1 I found the Zhengyuan arcade with the 6 cabs. It was pretty nice. In the beginning I was at another game hall, dont really know its name but its also in guanyuan xi lu, at the beginning of the street, next to a big mall with KTV lights. Its on the sixth floor and has 4 cabs. Two of the four cabs you can pick all sf4 characters, pretty strange. It also had an xbox account. In the end only the competition was little bit less amusing than Zhengyuan.
  • shadowtrailshadowtrail Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'll be in shanghai from 26oct to 2nd nov and hope to see some of you there. i played with Dayman?? yesterday with his killer chun-li. Anybody that want to meet up. PM me.

Hope to see some of you SRK members soon.

Thx.
  • KirrusKirrus Joined: Posts: 97
    Hi, I'll be in Shanghai for this next week. Any place where most people go to meet up? A time/place? Thanks!
    The Hungry Gamer
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    i m going to be in shanghai the 1st of february (2010). my plane will land in the afternoon, and i 'd like to play in some arcades while i'm there. I will leave on the 2nd of february,so just one day.
    I dont play capcom games (i used to play sf2ce a lot but not anymore), i just play kof games. I already asked on kofunion about arcades that own kof games, but i want to ask also here (if anyone of u lives in shanghai of course). Any tips?
    Moreover i might need help for a train ticket. As u know during my staying there it will be guonian (chinese new year) and take train tickets will be impossible for me. I tell u the situation:
    i will arrive in Shanghai on the 1st of Feb. ,spend the night there. Then i have to leave to Jinhua on the 2nd of Feb. Well, i know that i cant buy the train ticket on the day of my arrival due to the guonian.. so i would need help about that. If anyone is willing to help me , i will treat him/her to a beer/mian eheh
    Hope somebody could help me (for both questions (arcades/ticket)). Thx :)
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
    Check out ??, they have like a million KOF setups... well, pretty much every arcade does.

By the way I'm going to be settling in Kunshan (like twenty-thirty minutes outside of Shanghai) on the 23rd of this month, and I will very probably be working IN Shanghai, so I hope I'll be able to meet the rest of you guys soon :)
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    Check out ??, they have like a million KOF setups... well, pretty much every arcade does.

By the way I'm going to be settling in Kunshan (like twenty-thirty minutes outside of Shanghai) on the 23rd of this month, and I will very probably be working IN Shanghai, so I hope I'll be able to meet the rest of you guys soon :)

yeah, i will definitely go to ?? (also because i ll be in shanghai just one night).. i hope some kofunion fellas will join me.. i m really looking forward to play with some chinese kof players (and other nationality of course)
    if u ll be in shanghai in january, u think u can help me out?
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
  • hlxinohlxino Joined: Posts: 30
    hey guys i just managed to get an xbox live account to play ssf4, any of you guys on that? my tag is HLXINO, unluckily i do not have microphone, i played a few chinese ppl from BJ and the lag was pretty good from here in Shenzhen, let me know if you guys want a match!
  • SilentKillerZSilentKillerZ Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey hlxino. I will be glad to get a few games with you on xbox live. I live in shanghai so I hope the lag will not be bad. I will add you later today my tag is Chong M N.
  • yindesuyindesu Joined: Posts: 60
    - Shanghai Zheng Yang Games: West Guang Yuan Road, Xu Hui District no. 315-1F.
    - Lu Wan District Workers World Style Club: Xu Jia Hui Road, Lu Wan District no. 358-3F.
    - Shanghai Lie-Huo Game Entertainment: Jiang Ning Road, Jing'An District no. 77-4F, Opposite The Majestic Theatre.
    - Atlantic Mall: Xu Jia Hui/Guang Yuan/Hua Shan Road, Xu Hui District no. 2018-6F, New road up to the original department store.
    - Shanghai Qu Yang Game Room: Qu Yang/Yu Tian/Chi Feng Road, Hong Kou District, Next to Carrefour Qu Yang.
    - Workers Cultural Palace Shanghai Hu Xi: East New/Wu Ning Road, Pu Tuo District no. 255-2F, Main Building.
    - Mass Cinema/Happy Place: North Si Chuan/Qiu Jiang Road, Hong Kou District no. 1552-1F.

I may be staying in Shanghai for a couple weeks this summer. Although that is a long time from now, so machines may have been updated/removed by then, can anyone by any chance give a breakdown of what music games (DDR, Pump It Up, jubeat, REFLEC BEAT, DJMAX Technika, GuitarFreaks/Drummania, Taiko, etc.) there are?

(edit: I don't need an exact breakdown by any means, but it'd be nice to know which arcades, if any, actually stay current with music games. i'd ask on a music-related forum but bemanistyle's Asia forum is completely dead..)
    As far as i know, Zheng Yang should be relocated outside of shanghai in a couple of months, but right now you can find one DDR, 6 Taikos and 3 or 4 other musical games (DJ stuffs).
    Lie Huo has 2 Taiko machines, one DDR, about 4 DJ stuffs.
    For the others, i'm quite sure you can find musical games in all of them, but i never saw any GuitarFreaks or Drummania in Shanghai.

Also, if you're not too much into fighting games, you can check the Sega arcades in People's Square (New World City building, 7th Floor), lots of choice, around 8 different Taiko versions, etc.
    Hey Guys, Ive been living in Shanghai for a few months now, Im planning to stay here for quite a while. Anyways Ive been to some arcades, lately most of the time in Sichuan Bei Lu, because they have SSF4. Ive also brought my PS3 with me but cannot find enough good online competitors and often there is lag. If some ppl want to meet up in an Arcade or at Home to have some matches and some fun, then hit me up. PM me! Or e-mail me if its easier, ugehan@hotmail.com
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Yo Han, a bunch of the Beijing crew is hitting shanghai in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know more when I know it.

To answer your question from earlier, no I picked up MvC3 when I was stateside.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    ok no problem, just let me know when you guys are planning to come to Shanghai.