Shanghai China

Comments

• CarmenCarmen 三十六計,走為上策 Joined: Posts: 684
    Yea that Zhengyang arcade is to come here I heard...

Which is... meh because what are we going to do with three copies of old T6??? >:(
    "老外的LEI很烦人"
    "yea get rid of that tekken three habit of using lei"

"还是换人吧"

"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"

• yindesuyindesu Joined: Posts: 60
    Uh new question. Anyone know if there are any arcades in Taicang? I tried googling "?? ????" and although my Chinese isn't very good, I basically got the impression that in 2009/10 they shut down all the arcades? Or did they just shut down places with gambling machines?

If there aren't any in Taicang, how long does it take to get from Taicang to Shanghai using public transportation? A family friend said ~2 hours by subway. Google Maps said 7+ hours. I know Google Maps isn't really what you should be using in China, so what maps/directions service do people use in the mainland? Baidu?

Thanks.
  • QQBertQQBert Joined: Posts: 24
    Hello hello folks!

I'm in Beijing right now, but I will be moving to Shanghai in the near future for an extended period of time for work (>year). I've been in Shanghai for a few months before, but I haven't really hit the scene really there at all. Hope I'll get to meet you guys! I'm probably going to be staying around the ??? area.

Cheers~
    Uh new question. Anyone know if there are any arcades in Taicang? I tried googling "?? ????" and although my Chinese isn't very good, I basically got the impression that in 2009/10 they shut down all the arcades? Or did they just shut down places with gambling machines?

If there aren't any in Taicang, how long does it take to get from Taicang to Shanghai using public transportation? A family friend said ~2 hours by subway. Google Maps said 7+ hours. I know Google Maps isn't really what you should be using in China, so what maps/directions service do people use in the mainland? Baidu?

Thanks.

Ya, Taicang is kind of... out there lol. When I was back in Kunshan we all thought that, and thats coming from someone whose in Kunshan, so that should give you an idea lol. What do you play? You can come to Kunshan if you play Tekken, there is about 7-8 of us who play, or for 97. But ya, for SF you're best going online...

You can try using map.baidu.com, but thats best for directions within one city. You're better off Baidu'ing... I'm not sure how in-date this is but ya: ????????????????_?????? ??????û?????????????????????????!_?????? ?????????(???)???????????????????_??????

Edit: Opera doesn't like recognise Chinese in weblinks... err
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• CreaznCreazn Joined: Posts: 22
    Hello hello folks!

I'm in Beijing right now, but I will be moving to Shanghai in the near future for an extended period of time for work (>year). I've been in Shanghai for a few months before, but I haven't really hit the scene really there at all. Hope I'll get to meet you guys! I'm probably going to be staying around the ??? area.

Cheers~

Just let me know when you are here. There quite some arcades here. I am in HongKou area.
    Ya, Taicang is kind of... out there lol. When I was back in Kunshan we all thought that, and thats coming from someone whose in Kunshan, so that should give you an idea lol. What do you play? You can come to Kunshan if you play Tekken, there is about 7-8 of us who play, or for 97. But ya, for SF you're best going online...
    I actually don't really play fighting games at all.. I'm more interested in finding arcades with music games, particular DDR X2, Pump It Up Fiesta EX 2011, and jubeat knit. Are there any arcades in Kunshan? I don't see how to get there from Taicang by public transportation, but it's closer than Shanghai I guess..
    I actually don't really play fighting games at all.. I'm more interested in finding arcades with music games, particular DDR X2, Pump It Up Fiesta EX 2011, and jubeat knit. Are there any arcades in Kunshan? I don't see how to get there from Taicang by public transportation, but it's closer than Shanghai I guess..

I'm not really clear on music games but I doubt we have any of those lol, still if you're interested, theres a bus from ??????? to the train station in Kunshan ????????_?? The feeling I get is that Kunshan is not at all far from Taicang, if you come by give me a call (pm me for nr), I'm not in Kunshan now but I know a lot of friends and will be able to tell you where to go ~
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

Anyone know if
    - Shanghai Zheng Yang Games: West Guang Yuan Road, Xu Hui District no. 315-1F.
    has moved out of Shanghai yet..?
    I finally have my own discoveries to add to this thread lol.

???? (www.fyzq.com.cn), under People's Square in the Hong Kong Shopping Center, seems like a pretty cool place. They've got AE, other fighting games (didn't look very long).... as well as jubeats, jubeat clones, DJMAX Technika 2, GuitarFreaks/Drummania XG, and Pump It Up Fiesta EX 2011. Probably the best all-around arcade in Shanghai in terms of game selection. Was extremely busy today.

(I went to the Tom's World at 96 shopping center in Pudong, and was kinda disappointed... all they've got going for them is 4x jubeat and 4x Technika 2, most of which were unoccupied today.)
    ya that used to be ?? it was a big hot spot for Tekken... not anymore though...
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

Lie Huo has 2 Taiko machines, one DDR, about 4 DJ stuffs.
    For the others, i'm quite sure you can find musical games in all of them, but i never saw any GuitarFreaks or Drummania in Shanghai.

um.... I'm sure you were trying to be helpful, but that is not DDR -_-. I don't think there's a single DDR machine in all of Shanghai.
    Also Lie Huo has drummania.. the 1st mix.
  • durrrrdurrrr Joined: Posts: 160
    Come up to beijing yindesu. I want revenge for Round 1.

Then im gunna fly back to LA and murder justin.

Also yeah none of the ddr cabs in shanghai are actual ddr caps. A lot of them are just sm cabs or other 3rd party chinese crap.

When we had the DDRX trial in Irvine (or wherever the hell it was) i asked them if it was possible to get DDR cabs out here.

they said hk and taiwan only. No mainland.
    hope u doie f godngodong
    I don't doubt there's no DDR in Shanghai currently, I gave up after hitting up a lot of the bigger places.

However...
    ???????
    (it was also like that on May 10)
    vs
    ???????

and
    DDRX2_ddr_ (maybe)

Why is DSS popular

(also I don't have time to go to beijing, (part of) tomorrow is my last free day to roam shanghai)
  • Simply NicSimply Nic Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi people!

Greetings from Malaysia. Name is Nic and I am a Balrog and Urien player (in SSFIV & 3S) from Malaysia. I will be in Shanghai from 23rd till the 29th of June visiting my Dad. Is anyone free to meet up, hang out and have some games during the days I will be there? Hope to see the best of Shanghai players in action and maybe join in as well. I am a Malaysian Chinese with glasses. I will try to get a local number prior to getting to Shanghai so that those who would wanna hang out can call me. Cheers.
  • Duk2000Duk2000 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey ppl~
    I'm wondering how the online play quality is in Shanghai. Anyone play online? How's the lag and if ppl play, are there a lot of ppl playing?
    I'm a tekken player wanting to learn SF. I've been playing Tekken for a while now, also played Virtua Fighter for some time. Not that
    good in 2D fighting game but i really want to try and learn.

Normally i used to go to Lie-Huo for tekken(even tho i haven't played for a year now), how's the SF scene in Shanghai? I think i only saw
    Street fighter 4 but no SSf4 in lie-huo.
  • DaymanDayman Joined: Posts: 14
    I play at Lie Huo for about a year (only SF4), and they have recently added 2 new (more old than new though) booths for SF4.
    I guess we will get SSF4AE as soon as the PC version comes out and the whole thing gets pirated, this july i think.
    If you want to play SSF4AE right now, you have to go to the arcade near people square (mentioned earlier), it's 4 time more expensive than Lie huo and there's only 4 booths, so be ready to queue.
    Personally i don't think it's worth the effort to go as i live 2 minutes to Lie huo but you can give it a shot.
    Regarding online, it's really crap and the strong local players know it so you won't get much challenge from it.
  • cokericecokerice Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I'm currently in Shanghai for the next two days and occasionally I play some SSF4 but I recently have become more interested in WMMT driving series. I was wondering are there any Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3dx+ machines around in Shanghai somewhere? (I'm really down to play anything, looking for some cool people to game with!)
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 653
    I'm in Shanghai for one day tomorrow and will likely be heading to People's Square cause I actually know where it is. Anyone here play there? It'd be nice not to be completely alone.
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Hi, I'm a SF/Marvel player from Canada. I'll be in Shanghai until the Aug 22nd, anyone interested in getting some games in? I haven't been to the arcade yet, but i know the best arcade to go to for SF is ZhengYang
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
  • CreaznCreazn Joined: Posts: 22
    Hi everybody,
    Currently living in Shanghai and I discovered next to going to those arcades or just playing at home, there is another alternative for playing games like SSF4AE, MvC3 etc. I found a really nice and cosy game shop which includes 7/8 flat screens with xbox360's/ps3's, mostly ps3. Once in a while I have been hanging around there to have some good games with the locals. It's 10 kuai an hour so it is fairly cheap. The locals themselves also often gather, mostly in the weekend, for some ssf4 or even mvc3. Often we just play and have some beer next to it haha. Most of the time we play it on the xbox and they also provide 1 or 2 arcade sticks. Best is to bring your own of course. If anyone is interested just let me know and maybe we can gather to have some games. Just PM me.
  • KomatoseCowboyKomatoseCowboy Blah Joined: Posts: 12
    Will be moving here (Shanghai) in a month or two from Socal. Hope to see some good competition!
  • KomatoseCowboyKomatoseCowboy Blah Joined: Posts: 12
    Just made the move! I have arrived in Shanghai, and will be looking to get settled in within the next 2-3 weeks. Where are the best hot spots for SSF4AE? Will I need to bring my own sticks? I brought along a TE stick just in case. Any info will help. Also, off-tangent but how is arcade belligerence? Do people get nasty over here? Heard some nasty rumors, and am just curious....
  • hlxinohlxino Joined: Posts: 30
    I have finally moved in shanghai and will stay for a long period of time (actually thinking of settling there). Any regular players for arcade/home sessions?
    Please drop me a message or email at hlxino@hotmail.com. Mainly play AE
  • CronoPLCronoPL Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello guys, currently I am living in Shanghai untill June 2013 (Yangpu district) and I am open for some games (arcades & home-sessions) PW or send me a massage to matcrono@gmail.com
    mostyl SF player (AE, 3rd strike, SFxT)
  • sarquisssarquiss Joined: Posts: 16
    Hi All,

I am in Shanghai (Pudong) China for 2 and a half weeks, anyone know any hotspot arcade for SSF4AE2012? I'm here on business and quite bored after work so wanted to play some players preferably arcade. where is the best place to play and what day/time?

Thank you in advance!
  • Tyf1ghterTyf1ghter Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey everybody,

I arrived in shanghai about 3 weeks ago and will be staying here until around the first week of August. I started playing fighting games about a year ago, so I'm still fairly new to the scene. I mostly play sf4, but I'm definitely down to learn some Tekken and KOF as the games look awesome as well. Let me know if anybody wants to hangout and show me whats up in shanghai (e.g. where the best places to play at are and how is it price/game wise, what is the skill level there). I live around the West Nanjing Road station.

Thanks guys!
    Liehuo in People's Square is pretty much where you want to go, at least for Tekken.
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• Tyf1ghterTyf1ghter Joined: Posts: 4
    How about KOF?
  • StrudeliciousStrudelicious Joined: Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    I would love to get in contact with some Shanghai based people to hang out with and play games. I'm not too good, so frankly I'm looking for more of a mentor than a competitor (althought I'll try my best to kick your ass or cheese you to death). Also just looking to make some friends seeing as how I am predominantly an english speaker in a country where subcultural fashions either don't exist or are destroyed through mainstream funding (I know how awfully hipster that sounds but: I don't even skateboard but refer to the recently opened "Avril Lavigne Popup Skatepark" to understand my feelings).

Anyhow, PM me if you're interested in hanging out. We'll meet up and play some arcade games at the site of your choice. If it seems prudent we can always use the PS3 at my place (however I only have 1 arcade stick). I'm free mostly on Mondays and Fridays, but arrangements can always be made otherwise. I'm in the service industry, however, so Saturday is my busiest day.
    Just sent you a PM
    Any new comers in Shanghai lately? I'm always open to play some SF4, can even host at my place (only got 1 PS3 stick though)
  • StrudeliciousStrudelicious Joined: Posts: 80
    I am pm'ing you as we speak.
  • OhnoOhno Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys I'm new in shanghai as well, from Singapore. Name's Lionel.
    I've been trying to get to Liehuo but honestly I have no idea how to get around, the cab drivers keep telling me to get off lol. I currently live in the baoshan area, are there any arcades with sf4ae or bbcs around here? Would love to make some friends too!
    edited April 2014
    Baoshan is so far... I think your best bet is looking on qq or 微信 for a group of other SF players. Shanghai is a huge city (similar to Singapore) so there's a niche group for pretty much any hobby you can think of, SF seems popular here (probably not as popular as Tekken, but still very popular.) You're from Singapore so you should feel right at home here when it comes to FGs!

I'm sure you figured it out but if you're taking a taxi just ask them to go to 江苏路 and 江宁路, the arcade is right there. Whether or not that's the major SF arcade... I don't know!
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

Don't ask them to go to Jiangsu lu, as these 2 streets do not cross at all...
    It's Jiangning lu and Fenyang lu (just say Jiangning lu and Nanjing Xi lu as this street is more famous, and walk 1 minute to reach the place in front of the closed Majestic Theatre)
    Here you can find some infos about how to reach Lie Huo
    http://www.smartshanghai.com/articles/activities/shanghai-video-arcade-guide-part-one

Err 南京西路 and 江宁路 Sorry bit tired when I made that post...
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

Oh hey so 烈火 is finally open again, as is 卢工. Yah! This past month has been a torture with only 迪美风云 the only place to go to...
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• yolosnakesinthyolosnakesinth Joined: Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    Hi guys, I am a british Tekken + Smash Bros. player, based in the Pudong area (happy to play other games since I love FGC in general).

Been living here for 9 months now but my Chinese is only 马马虎虎.

If anyone is interested to meet up, play some games and get good, let me know. I'm tired of bodying all my casual 中国朋友.
    Want to play Smash Bros in China?! Join our Facebook Group today!
    edited July 2014
    I'll be back in Shanghai on 2 August, if you want to play Tekken and don't mind the trip come to 烈火 and we'll play some games. I go like every other day.

Alternatively I'm thinking of going to the arcade in 浦东 (星游? Haven't been there yet) to play some IIDX... Spada! They have a T6BR machine if you want to play that.
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• englandplayboyenglandplayboy Joined: Posts: 4
    Looking for some mates to play ssf4 together in Shanghai, I usually go liehuo on Sat night or Sun late afternoon
    Will be going at liehuo around 6 tonight with a friend, if you want to join
    weird to see the bottom floor of the liehuo building clean and all...
    "老外的LEI很烦人"

"还是换人吧"

• xi wengxi weng You Scrub!!!! Joined: Posts: 613
    Here in Shanghai for a week. Any local meetup or arcade scene for usf4? Thanks
    edited June 2015
    Hi again guys, sorry to have missed any posts here. I will try and subscribe to the thread if possible.

I've been busy gathering some Smash Bros players to play the new Super Smash Bros for Wii U with currently. It's been pretty good interest so far.

Right now though I want to take that to the next level and start running tournaments in Shanghai!!

So I was thinking... FIRSTLY, is anyone interested in learning Smash 4 from within this thread?

SECONDLY... would any Capcom/KOF/KI/Tekken/etc players be interested in combining interests and hosting both games in a venue under one room?

Imagine, we could have our own weekly tournament scene in a quality, atmospheric, smoke-free venue if we all worked together!
  • ExcellentYongExcellentYong Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi guys, I'm a Canadian interning in Shanghai for the summer, is there any local scene for street fighter that is not arcade based? I am a HitBox (can't use stick for my life) user and I'm wondering if anybody host sessions here that I can join up. I also carry my work laptop that runs usf4 at 60fps if a console is needed?
  • BenmohBenmoh Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey dude,

A friend and I usually have USF4 console sessions (PS4 now) every Wednesday nights at his place. We are looking for new players so feel free to join in!
    We also recently started to play Guilty Gear Xrd, (but at a much lower level) if you're into that.

Send me a private message with your phone number/wechat ID if you're interested! We're located in Jing'an district.
    Hi everyone, I'm running a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament this Wednesday 19th at Zapfler Brewhouse, Yongkang Lu (Shanghai). Entry is 50RMB and that gets you into the tournament as well as a free beer too. If you like fighting games and would like to support a local event, please come to this!

Also, there should be some epic food and drink deals (unlimited pizza etc) running throughout the night too, but I'm still awaiting confirmation on that from the Bar Manager (he's really cool and is a beast at 64 lol), although it should be fairly reliable to expect as we already were offered this at the last weeks event anyway.

As a side note, I'm kinda tempted to look into getting a Street Fighter night running down there, too, so even if Smash isn't your main game, please come down and ask for Luke, hang out, we can exchange some fighting game memories etc and I'll connect you with the bar owner if I can (who wouldn't want some extra free business!). It should be a great night for sure.

Peace, and if I don't catch any of you out there, maybe I'll at least bump into some of you at the next Street Fighter meet I show up at.
    Hi Guys, if there's people in Shanghai currently playing SF5 and willing to meet other fellow SRK players each wednesday night, send me a PM.
    I currently host a small group (4 to 6 players with different level) after 9PM near Jingan with 2 PS4 setups and a couple of sticks, and we'd enjoy seeing new players.
    Cheers
  • TheKamikazeJDTheKamikazeJD Joined: Posts: 18
    Hey guys! Im moving to Kunshan soon from cali and i need to keep up on SFV if thats possible at all. Id love to join up and meet fellow gamers! PM me or reply! Ill be there the 25th of this month!