Art's Hobbies - DIY Acrylic Cases.

Comments

• PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    Will snap-in buttons work on the tek-innovations case (series B) when you add the thin artwork plexi on top? I'm using rollie's snap-in buttons.
    I actually tried this over the weekend, it falls JUST shy. it clipped into the upper panel, but would not clear the second one.
    I sent Art an email, asking him if I could get the button panel in 1/16th (it comes back up to 1/8th with the extra art, so I'm not concerned) no response yet though.
  • ashuraxashurax Joined: Posts: 89
    I actually tried this over the weekend, it falls JUST shy. it clipped into the upper panel, but would not clear the second one.
    I sent Art an email, asking him if I could get the button panel in 1/16th (it comes back up to 1/8th with the extra art, so I'm not concerned) no response yet though.

Hmm I see. Let me know what Art says about the 1/16th button panel.

If it falls just shy of fitting, I may end up trying to dremel a tiny notch for the snap-in clips.

Edit: The other option I was considering is sandwiching the art between the support panel and the top control panel. I have a tek case series B, so I have the full support panel. I'll post a photo in case anyone else is considering that too.
  • BlueJays_RushdownBlueJays_Rushdown Joined: Posts: 8
    I'm also stuck with snap-ins on case B with the artwork plexi. It does indeed fall just shy. I think the easiest solution is to just rest the artwork on the support panel (if you have case B). I was actually looking forward to having an extra thick top for added support but for now I'll have to do without it just so I can actually use the stick. I'll probably just buy some screw-ins later.

Sigh. :(
  • BlazbluefanBlazbluefan Joined: Posts: 2
    What size art is correct for this new case?

Which template works? Just the std te template?
  • MaxoplataMaxoplata Maxoplata.net Joined: Posts: 157
    Got my new diamond joint v2.0s in and installed in my stick today and they work perfect. No more rubber feet falling out anymore! You don't understand how many times I almost lost my rubber feet at tourneys xP.

DSCN2031.JPG
    http://www.maxoplata.net/ - Top Player Database
  • threethree Joined: Posts: 12
    I like what I see. I'll be ordering one by mid-May and probably more before the year is over.
  • jchenjchen Joined: Posts: 180
    I have a question, how is the neutrik usb mounted in place? By screws or with nuts and bolts, And what is the correct size? Thanks
  • threethree Joined: Posts: 12
    Get the regular Sega Player 1 config for right-handed players and simply flip the top panels upside down. Then wire your joystick/buttons accordingly.

..... OMFG. LOL. That thought never crossed my mind. I think Art should include this in the product description and video.
  • lunch_boxlunch_box Packed Full Of Food Joined: Posts: 59
    Are there any templates or pre designed artworks available for the tek plexi cases please?
  • TeachiesTeachies Modder sorta Joined: Posts: 18
    Possible to make a custom plexi for the bottom of a namco stick [yellow buttons]
    SSFIV - Cody, Makoto
    3rd Strike - Dudley, Makoto
    NGBC - Hotaru, Terry, Kaede
    SSBM - Capt. Falcon, Ice Climbers
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263
    Are there any templates or pre designed artworks available for the tek plexi cases please?
    If you have a scanner, scan the top panel at 300 dpi. If you do this correctly congrats you just made a rough template.
    I have a question, how is the neutrik usb mounted in place? By screws or with nuts and bolts, And what is the correct size? Thanks
    In a plastic panel like a Tek Case, I suggest nuts and bolts. I am not sure about the length but m4 size machine screws or bolts will work. Perhaps slightly longer screws that whats used to screw down a mounting place to a JLF.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • bigtoona34bigtoona34 Joined: Posts: 3
    Any chance of plexi for the HRAP VX SA in the future?:rock:
  • chonkzillachonkzilla Joined: Posts: 13
    Darksakul wrote:

In a plastic panel like a Tek Case, I suggest nuts and bolts. I am not sure about the length but m4 size machine screws or bolts will work. Perhaps slightly longer screws that whats used to screw down a mounting place to a JLF.

they're size 4-40 screws for the neutrik. took me forever finding them at a store, and the shortest i could find were 3/4 inch, which is waaaaay too long for the tek case, but they got the job done.
  • jchenjchen Joined: Posts: 180
    thanks darksakul and chonkzilla, Ill get 4-40 nuts and bolts. My new card better come soon so i can order a case. stupid psn made me get a new one
  • YuriPaddleYuriPaddle Joined: Posts: 104
    How strong is the case? And how much does it cost?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,263
    How strong is the case? And how much does it cost?

Read This

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ashuraxashurax Joined: Posts: 89
    The other option I was considering is sandwiching the art between the support panel and the top control panel. I have a tek case series B, so I have the full support panel. I'll post a photo in case anyone else is considering that too.

Good news everyone! Well, everyone using snap-in buttons...

So as mentioned earlier, snap-in buttons fall just shy of fitting the tek-innovations case if you add on the 1/16" art panel on top of the 1/8" control panel. Here are the results of me testing out some artwork between the support panel and the control panel (tek-case series B).

IMG_1861.jpg

Works out pretty well, saves me the trouble of dremeling notches for the snap-in tabs. Parts used in the panel are Rollie 30mm snap-ins and a Rollie OG stick.
  • Tha ShizzleTha Shizzle Squeeze Just Cuz Joined: Posts: 779
    i just ordered mine, can't wait to put it together, i already have everything planned.
    Blazblue CS) Iron Tager Valkenhayn
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
    MvC3) Magneto Dormammu/Frank Wesker
    does anyone have the template for artwork on his case?
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
  • TheWooWooKidTheWooWooKid Joined: Posts: 232
    does anyone have the template for artwork on his case?

Welcome to Art's Hobbies

of course its in the one section i didnt think to check lol
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
  • jmannthepandajmannthepanda Press A to Start Joined: Posts: 364
    Got a case, will post soon when everything is done. =]
    It is what it is......

I create Full Panel MadCatz TE Stick art designs
    Designs: Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmannthepanda/
  • BrosnanBrosnan Joined: Posts: 60
    I was skeptical of the idea, but the stuff in the OP looks really, really killer. Great work, Art.
  • bizzazzbizzazz Kaptain Kaos Joined: Posts: 161
    Finally got around to taking pictures of my first custom based off of Art's plexi case. Take a look.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/check-out-my-new-arcade-stick.75228/page-373#post-5369443

Thanks to Art for his excellent product.
  • 10 Stars10 Stars Repent, for death is upon you. Joined: Posts: 256
    The 8-32 1/2 inch screws didn't come in my package. Everything else is coming together great though.
  • alpha_counter13alpha_counter13 satsui no hado.. Joined: Posts: 32
    wow, i love the clean/sharp look of art's cases..

at some point i'm getting one..

how much do these things weigh anyway??

edit; may i ask where you found a clear non bubble top??
  • ointmentsointments Mr. Clean Up Joined: Posts: 384
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered issues uploading art to Art's site. I've tried three times this morning and have timed out each time. I wanted to check here before bothering him with an email I guess.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,130 mod
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered issues uploading art to Art's site. I've tried three times this morning and have timed out each time. I wanted to check here before bothering him with an email I guess.
    What browser are you using?
    Firefox...maybe I'll try IE.

I know it says not to use Chrome
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,594
    wow, i love the clean/sharp look of art's cases..

at some point i'm getting one..

how much do these things weigh anyway??

edit; may i ask where you found a clear non bubble top??
    I make them :-)

• MuffmanMuffman VIVA LA REVOLUCION DE LOS SEIS BOTONES!!! Joined: Posts: 500
    Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I tried everything. Finally figured out for me, and least in my case, his site wouldn't let me upload a rar. Made the file a zip and it uploaded first try.
    But I'm using a .zip file....o_O

I'm gonna try from home instead of from work later on before I try and email him.
  • jmannthepandajmannthepanda Press A to Start Joined: Posts: 364
    Plexi stick is complete =]
    ivy01.jpgivy02.jpgivy03e.jpg
    It is what it is......

I create Full Panel MadCatz TE Stick art designs
    Designs: Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmannthepanda/
  • O(V)eGA_l2el)O(V)eGA_l2el) Joined: Posts: 62
    Arthong, just curious if you have, or would have, a top panel config using the new Madcatz UMK layout for TEK-CASES? I purchased two TEK CASES. One has a Midway UMK top panel layout, but I would like to try the new Madcatz UMK layout (closer button layout).

Also, where are the new Version 2 Diamond joints, for TEK-CASES, located on your website? One of my TEK CASES' bottom panel screws, and other screws, are becoming loose.
  • FrizzleFryFrizzleFry Joined: Posts: 2
    On a related note I asked him about custom layouts for Tek cases via email. No reply yet, but I believe I did see a post somewhere around here saying he was having trouble getting the guy who did the custom panel builder to add the Tek Case to it.

Hey Art if he doesn't have time and you need a programmer let me know. I'm kind of a newb (got my CS degree a year ago) but confident we could get it figured out.
  • Private EyeballPrivate Eyeball Not a frog Joined: Posts: 1,447
    Curious about something. If I want to mod my TE stick to a 6-button layout, opposed to 8, but i just want a solid color plexi, is there any reason to get a panel replacement over a simple plexi cover?
    Something something Hulkamania run something on something.
    Curious about something. If I want to mod my TE stick to a 6-button layout, opposed to 8, but i just want a solid color plexi, is there any reason to get a panel replacement over a simple plexi cover?
    Panel repalcements are usually for when you want to see through the top panel into the sticks innards. Simply 6 buttons plexi (not replacement) would work for your purposes.
  • CaLiSwEEPeRCaLiSwEEPeR Finally finished my TE =) Joined: Posts: 294
    Hey Art I placed my order on 6/12, and I still haven't got a confirmation that my order has shipped... what gives??
    MvC2: Team Scrub
    Cable/Sentinel/CapCom

MvC3: Team SwEEPeR
    Trish/Iron Man/Wesker

I am much better at CoD than at fighting games haha trying to change that around