Art's Hobbies - DIY Acrylic Cases.

Comments

• ointmentsointments Mr. Clean Up Joined: Posts: 384
    Curious about something. If I want to mod my TE stick to a 6-button layout, opposed to 8, but i just want a solid color plexi, is there any reason to get a panel replacement over a simple plexi cover?

I just did this, and the simple plexi works just great.
  • Doc StrangeDoc Strange involved in the troubles... Joined: Posts: 512
    Art, do you think it would be possible for you to make a top plate that would fit a TE sized metal plate flush inside with room to have some magnets to hold it in? Id like to have a set up where the top plate has something to hold onto to just pull the plate off to switch them out easily and then have all of the wires from the plate connected to one clip that can easily be disconnected for quickly changing between layouts. Im thinking of something like just the outer edge of the plexi top with sort of a dip underneath to support the metal plate and then line it with magnets to hold it in. Do you think something like this would be possible? My only real concern is that TE plates are too big for this sort of idea. Feel free to pm me if you want.
  • FrizzleFryFrizzleFry Joined: Posts: 2
    Another question - what are the dimensions? I have a Suzo 500 I am wondering if will go in there, doubtful I know.

Edit - NM, found this
  • BrineBrine Mayor of Jackass City Joined: Posts: 57
    I checked Art's site but didn't an answer to this. Does anyone know if on Art's templates, the button circles are where the outside edge of the button reaches, or is it the actual hole?

Edit - Nevermind, I figured it out.
  • g0sug0su Joined: Posts: 18
    Any news on selling the Diamond Joint v2's?
  • EdgemanEdgeman Joined: Posts: 35
    My new stick.

Stick:
    Seimitsu LS-32-01
    AOU 2011 Sanwa Ultra Limited Production WhiteBlackGrey Balltop
    Round main guide
    RE mountingplate

Buttons:
    Sanwa OBSF-30 X 6
    Sanwa OBSF-24 X 3

Others:
    Triple mod PCB
    Neutrik NAUSB-W connector
    TEK-case S1-B with aluminum anti-slip feet

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,103 mod
  • MotoyukiMotoyuki Joined: Posts: 258
    When using art's plexiglass for the TE, will it be flush with the madcatz border? Or will it be slightly raised above the border? Just wondering if it'll be comfortable.
  • sicsensesicsense Joined: Posts: 22
    raised... there's pics somewhere showing exactly how much
  • abandonistabandonist Hates You Joined: Posts: 611
    Ordered a custom plexi layout 2 nights ago as a test piece for Project Gloom.
  • NY GamerNY Gamer Learn to Live, for Life! Joined: Posts: 337
    I'm considering upgrading the case I have (from my SE to a TE if I can find one on the sly.) However, I'm digging the customization you can pull off with your case.

I see you can strap down the PCB from the TE to the plexi, but I modded my SE to run w/ a TE Kitty. Have you heard from anyone who has a case of yours if they found a spot for the kitty or am I making a stink over nothing?

|---edit---|

Damn! The top panels of the case don't have a hole for the turbo panels of the Mad Catz sticks and I don't see an option for cutting one into the top panels. Has this been asked about before?
  • The RealystThe Realyst Turtle Power Joined: Posts: 1,694
    Greetings. I'm hoping to get some information here. I am VERY interested in a TEK case from Arthong. I'm just wondering how study they are. I know that Art does awesome work. I've got plenty of plexis. But this is an entire plexi case. I can't help but think these things may crack with one small drop. How's everyone experience with these cases? Also, how much do they usually weigh and what are the dimensions? I couldn't find this information at tek-innovations.com. I did see something about adding weight to these? Any help you guys give will be much appreciated!
    My Heatware Feedback! = http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=77667

SF4 : Guile and Blanka
    UMVC3 : Nathan, Victor, Vergil / Nathan, Vergil, Clinton
    TTT2 : Christie / Jaycee
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    Greetings. I'm hoping to get some information here. I am VERY interested in a TEK case from Arthong. I'm just wondering how study they are. I know that Art does awesome work. I've got plenty of plexis. But this is an entire plexi case. I can't help but think these things may crack with one small drop. How's everyone experience with these cases? Also, how much do they usually weigh and what are the dimensions? I couldn't find this information at tek-innovations.com. I did see something about adding weight to these? Any help you guys give will be much appreciated!
    I just got a B-series Tek-case (with the top reinforcement), and it feels very sturdy. I wouldn't feel very confident in dropping the stick from any significant height, but I wouldn't feel confident doing that with any other stick either. Accidental drops aside, the stick is surprisingly sturdy and I can play just as hard as I usually do without giving it a second thought. The top doesn't flex or budge an inch, and I feel like I'm in no danger of damaging it through normal use. That was my main concern when ordering the case, but I feel completely confident in it upon receiving it.

As far as weight, I want to say it's somewhere around 3 pounds, but I could be remembering that wrong. I was also concerned about the weight of the stick, and was considering adding the weight panels, but opted not to so that I could have buttons on the side panels if I needed. In the end, the weight of the stick feels fine (I honestly don't like how heavy the TEs are, anyhow) and I have no problems with the stick sliding around while I play. The dimensions are roughly similar to a TE, maybe not quite as wide.

That said, pictures:

TEK-CASE S1-B with clear top Sega 1P layout, TL-white sides/bottom/PCB mount/JLF mount, OP-Black nameplate and bottom border
    PS360 board
    Black/grey Sanwa OBSF-30-K/DH x9
    White Sanwa OBSF-24-W x3
    Grey/black mesh Sanwa balltop

ljOzgh.jpg

tYwtxh.jpg

vZqYWh.jpg

I'm thrilled with it! Thanks, Art!
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
  • ParsleyParsley Joined: Posts: 24
    I would order this in a heartbeat if there was a hitbox faceplate ; ;
  • deadenddeadend I see you in hell! Joined: Posts: 81
    Astro 6 buttons layout, Seimitsu stick, thx Arthong.

2011-11-02140255.jpg
    睇住.睇住.睇住搵笨柒!
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,832
    Hello Thread.
    I have a message from arthong to you.
    He asked for me to Post this for him in Thread.

Starting Friday (11/25) to Jan, 15, 2012, there will be a 20% Off Sale on all TEK-Case products to celebrate the Holidays.
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12
    Basically everything in that catagory will be reduced.

If you guys have questions, then please e-mail him at the contact on his website.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    Homepage of Tek-Innovations updated regarding the Holiday Sale.
    And more news.

Sale is now.
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • SOSKrysSOSKrys Joined: Posts: 6
    The website has been down for a while now just wanted to know whens it coming back up wanted to order a case.
  • DasRavenDasRaven Joined: Posts: 74
    Site's up for me just now.
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    The website has been down for a while now just wanted to know whens it coming back up wanted to order a case.

It's up for me.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • SOSKrysSOSKrys Joined: Posts: 6
    I've tried both my laptops and my pc and nothing :\
  • LEWI5777LEWI5777 Joined: Posts: 10
    I know this is probably not the exact right place, but I saw Edgeman has a Sanwa AOU 2011 Ball top (on his awesome stick), and I am about to do my first ever custom job starting out with an original SFIV TE Fightstick. Would a AOU 2011 fit the stick which comes with the TE? And would a Semitsu Bubble top fit the Sanwa stick as well? Probably stupid questions but I don't want to waste money on the wrong stuff. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Yes.

Yes.
  • LEWI5777LEWI5777 Joined: Posts: 10
    I presume you were responding to my questions? If so, thanks jdm714!
    Yes.
  • gimpo2gimpo2 Joined: Posts: 44
    Art I know you must be busy as hell but please read and answer my email I sent you a few days ago. I recently ordered a type B case and failed to realize my old mailing address was listed when checking out with paypal. I fixed the address on my paypal account after the fact but I am unsure of which address you will see when you goto ship my case. I'm getting nervous and don't want my case to be shipped to the wrong address. I know I am dumb. Please help!
  • soulsynapsesoulsynapse on the scene Joined: Posts: 301
    Hi! I was wondering if it would be okay for me to place my order now and have it on hold a couple weeks so I can snag the discount? I commissioned professionally done art (that was within the budget because of the discount) but it isn't complete yet. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I'm ordering a hitbox and the layout may be incorporated into the design. Thanks!
    ?! break it.
  • lunch_boxlunch_box Packed Full Of Food Joined: Posts: 59
    Hello
    Does anyone have a template for the top of the stick please?
  • AcidLacedPenguiNAcidLacedPenguiN Joined: Posts: 117
    lunchbox, you can find them at his site, here's a quick access for ya: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=templates

there's a variety of options there, so just follow the link to the layout you want.

I am far too excited to receive my tek-case. I ordered one a few weeks ago, I'm holding my breath until it comes in the mail :D
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Got my case. Built it. Love it. Thanks Art.
  • lunch_boxlunch_box Packed Full Of Food Joined: Posts: 59
    lunchbox, you can find them at his site, here's a quick access for ya: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=templates

there's a variety of options there, so just follow the link to the layout you want.

I am far too excited to receive my tek-case. I ordered one a few weeks ago, I'm holding my breath until it comes in the mail :D

Nice one, thanks dude

Also, can someone tell me what holes are on the back panel?? I can see pics with buttons and usb connectors and wanted to know what comes as standard as cant see anything on arts site.
  • KnollyKnolly Joined: Posts: 17
    Ordered my case today, can't wait!
    When you build a tek-case using the builder you can choose a variety of different configurations on that rear panel. You can choose between having one or two 24mm buttons on the left, one or two 24mm buttons on the right, a slot for a neutrik USB or RJ45 jack, or a slot in the center for a cable to stick out of.

When I had mine built I decided on two 24mm buttons on the left and one on the right mostly because I couldn't find a vendor that had the neutrik USB jack and other things I need for the project and I wasn't about order just one part from an online vendor. . . So yeah, if you want the USB or RJ45 jack you'll have to provide your own and choose to have the jack hole cut in the panel.
  • Lance702Lance702 Legend Joined: Posts: 82
    Got my case in last week, no board yet but incredibly happy with how it has turned out so far.

IMG_0578.jpg
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,450
    Hey quick question. On the site it says tek-cases are $48 now. Is this with the discount already applied or does this mean with the discount we're looking at like $39?
  • gimpo2gimpo2 Joined: Posts: 44
    Discount is already applied at $48
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,450
    Cool thanks!
    just spent parts of my night getting this constructed, here's a WIP shot.

2012-01-18203745.jpg

this case is awesome, I couldn't ask for anything better!
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey, will you do a template for the MadCatz Soul Calibur 5 TE stick?
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • H1gg1n5H1gg1n5 Joined: Posts: 679
    Thanks Art!

blkRED3top.jpg

DSC00916.jpg
    -Reppin the 273-
    When your humble enough to admit that "I don't know" it is at that very moment your "learning" begins...
    -Sendmaster