Southwest SSF4 Endless Battle on PSN!

ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done.Joined: Posts: 4,011
This is for anyone in the Southwest who wants to play fellow SRK'ers on PSN! If you would like to be added just post in the thread, send me a pm, or send me a message on PSN!

TIME AND DAY: Tuesdays starting at 7PM until you want to leave!

Thanks to rick_derris we now have a Youtube channel for or weekly battles! If you do not want to be recorded simply pm him or me and I will tell him. It really helps improve your game to watch yourself play!

YouTube - SRKSouthwest's Channel

Even if you don't want to play, subscribe you the youtube channel! Support in any way for this scene would be great, and you get to see local players in an arcade like setting!

Thanks guys! Maybe we can stop playing random garbage and now learn from each other instead of blocking constant wakeup HP EX SRK's!

PSN List so far:

HakanTX
MR_McDull
SBL21
ZTI890
InebrotheAmazing
Kurumster
Jo0b4k4
ParryPerson
zerosumj1
LordShishioh
solidxpanda
ArikadOdakirA
b4llz1974
liveStone
Jewelman_
Slayer_Alex
MisterPoundmax
Wazhole
RudyAlaniz
Aikou-
ranmasama504
NickelNdime510
Untitledproject
Snoooootch
SFightersoul
Turk1shD
Nerd187_SRK
iluvblkbootie
Chuvylicious
JC_Denton46
VITAL_VENOM
JoeyCamel
omegax9000
Johnnie_Quid
Zembar901
saiferoth
If you would like to be added, simply put up your PSN!
#LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
<[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
<MrWizard> yep

Comments

• Jo0Jo0 Joined: Posts: 85
    I'm up for this. :) PSN is Jo0b4k4
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
    Added!
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Updated first post with game day and time!
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • Inebro_the_AmazingInebro_the_Amazing Official Shit-talker Joined: Posts: 760
    I can't wait 'til we can get this up off the ground.
    I'd rather play with the same group of folks on a (semi)regular basis then random folks i don't know.
    Get hype, yo.
    AfroMH: Can we make BlazGreen the official ARK euphemism for weed? I keep thinking that's what's everyone's talking about instead of BlazBlue.
    Yeah this whole playing random kens and idiots isn't that fun. Whats good is I'll post the PSN names in a list in the first post so people can add everyone and we can get more games in than just a for sure thing on tuesdays if we like :)
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • PumpkinBomberPumpkinBomber Troll Hawk Joined: Posts: 3,681
    You can create a chat room on PSN and invite everyone. Then it might be easier to coordinate if we have more than 8 people online at a time.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
    "I'm all in." - Phil Ivey
  • FindMyFarmsFindMyFarms Joined: Posts: 1,060
    I won't be participating as I can't go online with my ps3, but I'd recommend definitely making a chatroom as a hub for communication (also everyone should know you can hook up any usb keyboard to your ps3) and keeping lobbies to a max of 4 people, as anymore just gets tiring. Obviously, have multiple lobbies open.
    "you all some stank ass bitches yo. i heard yall be on da cock and dont even feel bad about it. danng. fuck"

-JOP
  • ShishiohShishioh Starbreaker Joined: Posts: 2,921
    Headsets, people. Headsets.
    "Hitboxes have nothing at all to do with the way a fighting game plays. they are just a means to an end."-Random Discus user
    Written exactly like that.
  • Chinaman318Chinaman318 Joined: Posts: 198
    I agree with the chat room on PSN thing. It'll give people opportunities to find games on other days as well, and on tuesday, gives us a nice central hub to get games going; if we have a lot of people, dividing the players into skill levels would create better games, and decrease the downtime for waiting.
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,989
    solidxpanda
    i'm down to play anytime i'm online
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
    Yes I didn't think there would be as many names as this, If next tuesday in the PSN chat room there are 8 or more people we can split, I'd take a wait and see how many people actually show up.

I don't have a headset, and won't be buying one, either. I have found that on PSN the majority of headset owners are 12 year olds or people that think talking an obscene amount of whining/hate and being heard helps their small dorkus ego's.

Only the majority. SSF4 is definitely not a game you have to have a headset for.

How do you guys vote on the "if 6 or more split the rooms" idea? I'm fine for whatever over here, seems like a good idea to me, but if we have more than 8... I'd say start with one big room, if more than 6, split, keeping the first room open with 8 slots, just in case, I really don't want to leave anyone out if they want to play.

Good call on the chat room, I honestly had forgotten that PSN had that, voice or text?

EDIT: If any of you guys have mIRC, we could make a room for these purposes also, a lot of the other SRK'ers use IRC for matchmaking as well.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    solidxpanda
    i'm down to play anytime i'm online

added!
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • KurumsterKurumster wtb tkcs Joined: Posts: 770
    Revive #lafgc

People can use mibbit to get there.
    [02:13] <@ranmasama>; yeah I got bigger tits than her
    Revive #lafgc

People can use mibbit to get there.

I think we need a non-louisiana one for this, I'll be making a EFnet chat room on IRC called #swsf for southwest street fighter I guess.

The chat room in PSN can be Voice, I have no mic so you guys will have to set that up, I really think IRC is the way to go, but it's not needed. Just add me, and I'll keep shooting out invites at 7 onward on tuesday :)
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    IRC requires a PC close to your PS3 setup with Internet. we all know that PSN needs no extra help to lag. And I doubt everyone has a pc right next to their ps3. Any USB keyboard works with PS3 so the chat room doesn't need to be voice. We can just see how it goes next Tuesday and roll with it from there.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
    IRC requires a PC close to your PS3 setup with Internet. we all know that PSN needs no extra help to lag. And I doubt everyone has a pc right next to their ps3. Any USB keyboard works with PS3 so the chat room doesn't need to be voice. We can just see how it goes next Tuesday and roll with it from there.

IRC takes up next to no bandwidth, so thats not a proper excuse. Most people have a computer near the TV. I'll make the room text, that should take care of most problems, but the irc channel is there if anyone wants to use it.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • KageGiovanniKageGiovanni That Man Hustles Joined: Posts: 341
    I can record HD matches if anyone want their matches recorded, and I'll be setting up a stream channel soon too, set let me know if you're interested in any of this.
    Need Me, contact me on my new account: CODE=BLUE
    Sounds like a cool idea to me :)
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    I can record HD matches if anyone want their matches recorded, and I'll be setting up a stream channel soon too, set let me know if you're interested in any of this.

streaming while playing online is not really the best idea. For obvious laggy reasons. I know, i've tried it. Recording in HD is cool if you feel like it. I have those capabilities myself, but I haven't done much of it lately. Maybe I'll start doing it again for team battle and whatnot.
  • b4llzb4llz NEVER go full retard Joined: Posts: 35
    The weekly meet ups sound like a great idea. My PSN is b4llz1974. I don't have a mic right now but I'll be getting one soon.
    XBL - res b4llz
    PSN - res_b4llz
  • ArikadoArikado Brain Cleaner Joined: Posts: 35
    I'll throw my PSN up on the list, although I play more often on the 360.

PSN: ArikadOdakirA
  • FindMyFarmsFindMyFarms Joined: Posts: 1,060
    Just a heads up, the PSN chatroom is text only, but it's very well executed. Everyone has a spare usb keyboard lying around.

Headsets are a hassle, as they ONLY let you communicate with the people in your lobby and no one else, since it's confined to the game, as opposed to the PSN network.
    "you all some stank ass bitches yo. i heard yall be on da cock and dont even feel bad about it. danng. fuck"

-JOP
    The weekly meet ups sound like a great idea. My PSN is b4llz1974. I don't have a mic right now but I'll be getting one soon.

Added! Will send invite tonight!
    I'll throw my PSN up on the list, although I play more often on the 360.
    PSN: ArikadOdakirA

Added!
    Just a heads up, the PSN chatroom is text only, but it's very well executed. Everyone has a spare usb keyboard lying around.

Headsets are a hassle, as they ONLY let you communicate with the people in your lobby and no one else, since it's confined to the game, as opposed to the PSN network.

I agree, I've never been a fan of the headset. Text chat room it shall be!

With as many people as there are, I'm sure we will end up having 2 or even 3 rooms on a big night, awesome!
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Streaming is a retarded idea unless everyone's internet is godlike. For the record... someone other than Parry should host the room. 4mb internet is not going to do it.
    No need to shut down the idea like it was a disease shit, thus why I merely suggested it since I'll be streaming other shit like local event and such. Merely suggested it to see if anyone was interested, no need to call in the lynch mob.
    Streaming is a retarded idea unless everyone's internet is godlike. For the record... someone other than Parry should host the room. 4mb internet is not going to do it.

You do realize that YOU hosted that game? On your insistence?

You know what, I have no idea what your problem is. I host games all day, and I play online all day, with no problems.

For the record, Kurumster wouldn't play with me unless I only made a room for 2 people, me and him. For the record, when I hosted he refused to play because he was getting yellow for the connection, dropped, then with him hosting it was also yellow, and really skippy.

For the record, the only skippy game I have had on SSF4 is with Kurumster. He actually saw the yellow and dropped, and told me to join his game, I never hosted a game we played.

I really don't understand this shit Steve. You can't keep blaming other people all the time for sucking at video games. It's not healthy. Why do you think I would even make this thread if I couldn't host games? You act like you want to play but you do backhanded silly stuff like this and it makes people not want to play with you. And you know it's not just me. I don't know if it's a social thing or a mental thing but dude, seriously, I'm your friend, and I'm telling you, this is just a game.

EDIT: And of COURSE with multiple connections and a few rooms people will get the odd lame connection, thats just how it is. Hopefully with more than one room, and people, we can sort out who will be the best host after a few weeks of swapping it around to see what works best for everyone. I'll just be sending out the invites if I'm there.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    You know the easiest way to solve that problem? Come over and play and stop being a flake.
    You know the easiest way to solve that problem? Come over and play and stop being a flake.
    Thats not going to work either. I go and play kobe, and we had plans to play today but something came up. We already talked about this. You gotta stop trying to be this internet tough guy.

I'll see you on IRC.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    I got a headset to make life a little easier.

Dug around under my bed and found an old Palm Treo headset that worked lol.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • jewelmanjewelman Hsien's #1 fan! Joined: Posts: 1,968
    lol turning into another LA drama thread...put me up there if you will thanks
    Look at all my vids and you'll see I live and die by the ass.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO YA! muthafuckin kool-aid honda

Graduate of the James Chen School of Execution :lol:
  • AlexAlex Slayer Scrub Joined: Posts: 590
    add me to please. Im avaliable teus.

PSN = Slayer_Alex
    Slayer ALex.
    Heads ups to whoever ends up in the same room I'm in, I will be recording the matches (not streaming).
    With so many people, I'll make a chat room a little before 7, then start inviting whoever is online, while checking the chat room, I'm guessing that with the chat room up, everyone who isn't in the first ssf4 room can make the other ones. If someone would like to be a designated "2nd room starter" just add everyone on the list, or, if no one wants to bug with all that, I'll simply make a room, leave when full, make another, leave when full, etc, depending on how many people/rooms we need.
    lol turning into another LA drama thread...put me up there if you will thanks
    add me to please. Im avaliable teus.

PSN = Slayer_Alex

Will add today :)
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • pnutz409pnutz409 Guile FTW! Joined: Posts: 27
    I don't mind joining up. PSN ID: pnutz409 I really have a lot to learn on this game.
    I don't mind joining up. PSN ID: pnutz409 I really have a lot to learn on this game.

Added :) I'll be making a chat room around 6:45 or so and inviting as I see people. When 7 comes around I'll make the first room, 2nd room, so and and so forth as needed.

I will say that it DOES NOT MATTER WHO THE HOST IS. SSF4 does not work this way, it's purely on a connection to connection basis, so please be patient as all of us get lag at some point or another. Also if you have a spare USB keyboard laying around, it does make the chat room a bit easier, but it's not so bad without one (I do not use a keyboard).

I'll be checking the thread for anyone else that wants to sign up all day today.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Looking forward to playing with you guys tonight!
    GG's to you guys! I learned more in 2 hours than I did all the time playing idiot randoms. I look forward to it next week! Sorry about the invite/room confusion, I have no idea slayer couldn't get in even though there was an empty slot.

I also have no idea if there is a way to invite people to the game while specing.

I really enjoyed mc dulls blanka vs Analrapist's cammy matches, good shit.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
  • ZTIZTI Joined: Posts: 177
    I really enjoyed mc dulls blanka vs Analrapist's cammy matches, good shit.

I guess "Analrapist" is me. lol
    GGs tonight, mc has one hell of a nasty Balanka. Shame sbl21 came so late and we could only get 3 or so games in. I hope ya'll injoyed playing against my shitty Makoto and my, slightly better but still pretty bad, Ibuki lol.

I don't think its possible to invite while spectating but I could be wrong.

Edit: Cammy's new Bison cosplay alt kicks ass!!
    My SF4 matches --> http://www.youtube.com/user/ZTI890
    Everything makes sense if you don't think about it.
    Yea it was fun. I overslept. :lol: gg though.
    I guess "Analrapist" is me. lol
    GGs tonight, mc has one hell of a nasty Balanka. Shame sbl21 came so late and we could only get 3 or so games in. I hope ya'll injoyed playing against my shitty Makoto and my, slightly better but still pretty bad, Ibuki lol.

I don't think its possible to invite while spectating but I could be wrong.

Edit: Cammy's new Bison cosplay alt kicks ass!!

You made me realize how lazy I've been with my execution. I'm so ready for next week, I think we all learned a lot more than we would have playing randoms. Having a headset was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be for SF.

Remember dudes cheap bluetooths work, any cel phone bluetooth headset.

Good stuff!

Did anything get recorded?
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep