SSF4 AE Guide App for Android and iOS (Frame Data included!)

Comments

• TroNTroN Greetings Program! Joined: Posts: 100
    In the interests of market research I spent another 59p on the other SSFIV app on the market, which has a load of good reviews. It is pretty, but that's about it. It has no info other than what can be found in the manual and the combos section just says "coming soon". If apple did refunds I would be wanting my money back...

I am eagerly awaiting the BnB section of the app! Might I suggest that you break each combo section into beginner (easy links/cancels) and advanced (1 framers etc.)?
    ·
  • wwmajinwwmajin 苦痛 - 魔神 - 孤独 Joined: Posts: 244
    On Iphone, there is some mixup in Makotos frame date with at the end showing Tsumuji, Hien... Ibuki's moves
    ·
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭
    Well version 1.1 is now out for iPhone so everyone who has it can update for free. Filesize is down to 2.9Mb and there are corrections to some of the frame data and some special moves as well.

Thanks wwmajin for pointing out that bug I hadn't noticed that, and it will be fixed in the next update for sure.
    ·
  • ThothThoth Joined: Posts: 48
    Just got the app for android. Can't wait to see some BnB's in this. Worth the price.
    I is trying, sir.
    ·
  • ThothThoth Joined: Posts: 48
    One suggestion for the Android App: Pressing the back button takes me back to the Android home screen. It would be nice if it just took me back a page in the app.
    I is trying, sir.
    ·
  • RayRay3075RayRay3075 Pass or Fail Joined: Posts: 80
    maybe this is a dumb question how can measuring the frames help your game? would that not be the equivalent of card counting? maybe i'm wrong get back to me with some info.
    ·
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭
    Is this the same incorrect frame-data from the Prima guide? How accurate is the frame data on this?

Yes, both the Prima frame data and the SRK frame data is currently incorrect(a lot of it). The SRK data is incorrect because the Japanese SSF4 guide which I copied from is horribly incorrect. I checked random moves from the Prima data and noticed that it too was wrong. So yeah, this app is essentially as worthless as the other frame datas, if it was copied from those. Someone is going to have to step up one day and verify every move with the frame data to see which stuff is wrong and which stuff is right. This is something I'm hesitant on doing myself as it would take months for me to do.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
    ·
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    cool app, def worth the 99 cents, with BnB would def be worth more than that. one nitpicky complaint is guiles preferred ultra is listed as flash explosion. pretty sure 9/10 guiles, both high and low skill level, use ultra 2, sonic hurricane. but yeah great job, when i figure out how to ill give you a 5 star rating for android lol
    ·
  • SaunicSaunic Joined: Posts: 49
    Ibuki's frame data is Juri's.
    ·
  • Mike StriderMike Strider Fear the Happy Godhand. Joined: Posts: 19
    Adon's overhead in Essentials is listed as Jaguar Carry. It should be Jaguar Crunch.
    ·
  • then00bthen00b Free. Joined: Posts: 106
    PLANNED UPDATES
    - BnB Combos for every character (maybe more than just BnB as well)
    - Button on Frame Data screen explaining how to read it.
    - Damage/Stun data for every move.

Purchased this app the first week it was released and haven't regretted it. Absolutely THE best SSFIV "guide-style" app for the iPhone/Android. Definitely looking forward to the inclusion of BnB's for each character.
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/then00b
    ·
    oh snap sup then00b i didn't realize you are from SRK when we were playing last night in endless battle :)
    ·
  • infamous6622infamous6622 Joined: Posts: 12
    i've never bought an android app before so i would like to know are updates free?
    ·
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    Awesome, love the app on my iPhone... will love it more when Ibuki's frame data gets fixed.
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
    ·
  • ToshinToshin Joined: Posts: 889
    hey pur,
    I just got this and looks fantastic..granted there are errors and its definity a work in progress but once all that irons itself out and I think it will, this will be a nice app gem for all.
    Keep up the work and updates.
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> capcom's new policy is no criticizing anything
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    ·
  • infamous6622infamous6622 Joined: Posts: 12
    got this app for my android, nice app but it looks horrible in landscape/horizontal view, big black gap to the left of the screen.

would you be able to fix this in future, or can you disable the horizontal/landscape view?
    ·
    whens the update coming pur? before evo hopefully? :sweat:
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    ·
  • 1BadMother1BadMother Joined: Posts: 5
    Bought the app

I've just gotten the app myself. Good stuff. I'm waiting in line for the BnB combos.
    ·
    wow forgot this thread is even on here heh.

i haven't done any changes yet because i've been dealing with life issues and just haven't had time and gotten around to it. i doubt bnb combos will be in before Evo however, because of how long the process takes for Apple to approve stuff.

I am going on vacation tomorrow until July 5th. However I am going to get the correct frame data into the apple version of the app before evo so at least that is correct.

But I really doubt BnB will be in there before evo simply because I won't have time.
    ·
  • holbroalholbroal Joined: Posts: 157
    Hey just wanted to let you know that I bought your app, but Fei Long's ultra 2 motion is incorrect in it. Was kind of dissapointing because I was trying to do it for so long, the wrong way. Also it makes me think that if an ultra can be listed wrong, how do I know all the frame data is correct?

Just a paying customer giving feedback

this is for the iphone version
    ·
    bug are bugs, keep posting them in here. if i dont know about them i can't fix them, so i appreciate the feedback.

when i get home i will have to check it against the in game move list because that is where I got them all from. but it could have been me missing something, even though i double checked everything.
    ·
  • ENigma420ENigma420 Joined: Posts: 314
    kudos sir!!!! I have had the app for a few days now, rated at *****. Excited for the BnB update. Not sure what to suggest outside of what has been already cuz I am honestly not all that great at SSF4, but am working on it(lol, i'm a tekken player dammit). The essentials section is nice, I guess if i could suggest anything i'd like to see more info there...whatever is worthwhile and not just rubbish. I really love the app though!!!! :china:

To answer a couple of people's questions about the android market....

Donkey_Disk-to rate in the market just go to the download section(where it shows the apps you've DL'd to your device), and select the app, then select where you see the stars, then just select the star you want to rate at).

infamous6622-updates in the android market are free. On that note, sometimes updates will change free apps to a paid-required status....really sucks when the Dev's do that. ALL ANDROID USERS SHOULD HAVE APPMONSTER OR SOME APPLICATION LIKE IT.....you can backup the apps you DL from the market to your SD card, and then install it back at any time that you might want in the future. It's ideal for when a Dev wants to change an app from free to paid, or when they outright remove it from the market.
    TPA Grinch, thought ya knew
    ·
  • Diet SNK With LimeDiet SNK With Lime BUTTxROCK Joined: Posts: 225
    So Apple is cool with you copying the Prima guides and selling it? Looks like I should get into the app making business.
    ·
  • VR-FistVR-Fist Welcome to die! Joined: Posts: 317
    market://search?q=pname:com.AndrewStanton.SSF4 doesn't find anything, but there's "Super Street Fighter 4 Manual" app on the market which works.
    VR-Fist 仮想拳 - twitter / steam
    Czech Fighting Games Community - www.czecharcade.com
    ·
  • MaNiLa iCeDMaNiLa iCeD Drop Bombs Like Pac Joined: Posts: 53
    Does this work with the iTouch?
    ·
  • defcondefcon kurodosatolike Joined: Posts: 809
    how about blackberries
    to my elite peeps with the murderous mystique
    i hit the streets with beats and they critique for weeks
    they be like, how that kid rah reach the peak?
    pull out my heat and use my technique to speak
    ·
  • HawkinsTHawkinsT Fail Joined: Posts: 905
    bug are bugs, keep posting them in here. if i dont know about them i can't fix them, so i appreciate the feedback.

when i get home i will have to check it against the in game move list because that is where I got them all from. but it could have been me missing something, even though i double checked everything.

Problems with Seth's frame data:
    mk, hk and ex hyakuretsukyaku are listed as lk hyakuretsukyaku
    mp, hp and ex tanden engine are listed as lp tanden engine
    mp, hp and ex spd are listed as lp spd
    two moves; 'genocide shot' and 'death throw' are listed, but aren't seth's moves
    mp and hp tanden storm are listed as lp tanden storm

Suggestions for future version:
    would be nice to have more frame data - damage, stun, meter gained and cancel ability (maybe have all this in horizontal view?) - it's all listed on eventhubs
    every character has a preferred ultra listed, but not every character has a preferred ultra - e.g. seth's ultra 2 is listed as preferred, however in many matchups you would never want to use u2 (and there are probably more matchups u1 is better in, though it's quite subjective).
    have a notes area for each character where the user can write down anything they want

Also if you want a hand with seth knowledge (e.g. for bnb's) just message me.
    SSFIV: Seth

Добрий день!
    ·
  • RasalasRasalas Dudley Player Joined: Posts: 28
    Dont know if this has been asked already, but are there any plans to include Hitbox Data to the app?
    ·
  • RasalasRasalas Dudley Player Joined: Posts: 28
    Sorry for the double post. I just wanted to note, that Dudley's Ultra 1 and 2 startup frame data is 1+7 and not 1+8.
    ·
  • citiofbrasscitiofbrass FKA koolaidsmile Joined: Posts: 1,171
    this needs an update already hitboxes would be great along with editing the right frame data thx
    I am now and will always be for the community!
    Follow me on Twitter: @citiofbrass .. youtube channel: citiofbrass .. teams youtube channel: teampienyc
    ·
  • ENigma420ENigma420 Joined: Posts: 314
    any idea when we can expect an update for android?
    TPA Grinch, thought ya knew
    ·
  • claxclax Joined: Posts: 2
    any chance of a Windows Mobile compatible version?
    ·
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Any chance of quality?

Man I wish I would have created an app that used the efforts of other people. Also, despite having access to frame data I didn't find out for myself, I also can't even copy and paste the correct numbers! There's no way this app could be free, gotta charge. And update, while still leaving tons of errors. SF4 mods will sticky this and forget it. Great advertising model, check. COOL! If the masses ever get suspicious, I can get a fanboy to vouch for my TIRELESS EFFORTS, or put out a half-assed update that still has tons of frame data errors! Ah, but to dream...
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
    ·
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,715 mod
    SF4 mods will sticky this and forget it.

My ears are ringing.

It was a pretty good idea when it first launched...still is if he updates with the latest frame data.
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    ·
  • VR-FistVR-Fist Welcome to die! Joined: Posts: 317
    Guys did you try the other SSF4 Manual app that's on the Android Market?
    VR-Fist 仮想拳 - twitter / steam
    Czech Fighting Games Community - www.czecharcade.com
    ·
    Guys I've been busy as hell this summer with real life stuff going on, and it isn't going to slow down any time until mid august. I've had vacations and weddings to go to all summer and have a few more things in the upcoming weekends. I get home around like 8pm on week days and don't want to spend my evenings at the PC trying to get these updates done, especially when I've been at a PC all day at work.

Hell I haven't had power from Sunday afternoon until this morning about 30 minutes before I left to go to work.

That said, the next update is going to be more of a bug fix type update fixing some frame data errors (general ones, and the Ibuki issue on iPhone version), and I also want to get the android stuff from closing when you reorient the android, as well as get the hard back button making the app actually go back.

The app has only been out a little over 2 months now, so just bear with me and the updates will come out when I have a less hectic schedule.

Hell i haven't even been able to go to ANY local meetups since SSF4 has even been released.

I should have more free time though come middle of august, after I go to the beach, after my sisters wedding, after the 1 year anniversary of my fathers passing, and after my friends bachelor party.
    ·
    Guys did you try the other SSF4 Manual app that's on the Android Market?

Yes, it is all webbased so needs an internet connection to use. There are some copy pasted combos from Eventhubs (I think) and a Q&A section that has been "in development" for over 2 months.
    ·
    Well I figured I will post this here...

Today I got an email from google telling me they received a copyright infringement against my application from Capcom and they have to remove the application. On the document it is not only my sf4 app, it is about 20 apps total including a buncha moves lists and soundboards and stuff.

So as of today the android version of the app is officially finished. There will be no upgrades to it, sorry guys.

If the iPhone version isn't removed by the middle of next month I will still try to update it with bug fixes and frame data updates, but that will be the extent of the project most likely, because I don't want them to pull it. On the iPhone description I listed a disclaimer so no clue if that has anything to do with the app still being on the market.
    ·
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    Couldn't you say.. remove the official character art from the Android version and fix the infringement stuff?
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
    ·
    Couldn't you say.. remove the official character art from the Android version and fix the infringement stuff?

possibly, however I don't know exactly what the copyrighted stuff is. Not sure if it is more than the official images or not. Not sure if they can even copyright words or not such as move names.

i do know that on my android dev account, it says "suspended" for this app right now and I can't even update it if I wanted to.
    ·
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,560
    wait so is the frame data on the existing android app false?
    ibought it for 99 cents and i've been using it a lot i hope its accurate..
    ·
  • vCo2vvCo2v Joined: Posts: 142
    wtf that's bogus I just upgraded my os and was about to redownload it. I already paid the 99 cents for it too.....
    purbeast you wouldn't happen to have it for dl so I can put it back on my phone would you? That was my lifeline...... now I don't have anything to look at conveniently when I'm bored.

ARGH THE AGONY =(
    ·
  • Logan SamaLogan Sama Joined: Posts: 881
    Copyright infringement is you using their artwork. All people really want is the mobile frame data list. Just update that as text and submit it. It will take you literally one day to do.

And if you don't have the time, please send it to someone else who does.
    ·
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,715 mod
    It's all theory until you actually contact either Capcom or the people that dinged your account/app and ask what part of your application is infringing on copyrights. I don't advocate spamming Seth, but he is very receptive to the community (and a nice guy). I'd at least shoot him an email, even though it isn't really his department. You may be able to edit stuff out of the program to make it copyright friendly and back on track.
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    ·
  • vCo2vvCo2v Joined: Posts: 142
    can anyone email me the application for android? That would be greatly appreciated
    ·
    For those that are interested, the other SSFIV app on the iPhone app store has BnB combos and a proper q&a section, but it's nothing that you can't find on here. It is also web-based still.
    ·
  • loborineloborine aka "El Ryu" Joined: Posts: 770
    please something for windows mobile
    Its not random if it hits!

"That's a Legit random uppercut" - Angus
    ·
  • The 4th LetterThe 4th Letter Dash Ultra Wiffer Joined: Posts: 908
    I was just gonna hit this thread to commend you on a good job, and request that the Android version be able to go landscape mode.

If I was you, I would not give up. I think you should remove the character artwork and find out what exactly you're infringing on and push forward. The shit comes in handy man.

If Capcom had half a fucking brain the would BUY YOU OUT AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL.
    ·
  • magnusmagnus Beware of the Stun! Joined: Posts: 1,162
    It's too bad that the Android application was pulled from the market. I would have paid for the app just to support the android/street fighter community.
    ·
    no new news on the iphone update? :(
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    ·