SSF4 AE Guide App for Android and iOS (Frame Data included!)

Comments

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭
    In all fairness, I forgot to specify, sorry.
    Nah it's all good man, I should have asked heh.

And I just uploaded the upadte for iOS and it is waiting for review, hopefully it goes by fast.

I also just updated the Android version which should be live right now.

The fix fixed the following 4 issues:

- Fixed the input for Bison Ultra 2 (iOS only, already fixed on Android)
    - Fixed the input for Sagat's Angry Charge move.
    - Added Hakan's Quick Oil Shower move (after the slide)
    - Fixed a typo with Hakan's blood type.

There was also some issues with Ibuki and Sakura move data, and El Fuerte's frame data that has been fixed.

Prior to this fix, if you opened any of those as the FIRST move or frame data, the app would crash. That has been fixed as well.

Thanks again for those of you pointing out errors, really helps me fix them faster than me finding them out, if ever.
    ·
  • MinceMince Joined: Posts: 6
    thank you for fixing Fuerte's frame data
    ·
  • BrineBrine Mayor of Jackass City Joined: Posts: 57
    Are there any plans to add target combos?
    ·
    Are there any plans to add target combos?
    They are already there under the combo sections. If I have missed any of them please let me know but I thought I got them all.
    ·
  • BrineBrine Mayor of Jackass City Joined: Posts: 57
    I guess I looked everywhere but that section. I think I'm done here.

Thanks.
    ·
    I guess I looked everywhere but that section. I think I'm done here.

Thanks.
    Haha no problem.
    ·
  • xCobaltxCobalt Joined: Posts: 81
    Any plans on improving or expanding combos? As someone who mains Gouken, the lack of bnb combos surprise me. The app only has 2 move combos for gouken. Not saying I would personally need it but someone who's interested in trying a new character could benefit from knowing the best or most effective combo. I don't have the most experience so I'm not sure if other characters suffer from the same simplicities.

Otherwise, good job on the app. It crashes sometimes, but I can't really pinpoint the cause of it.
    ·
    Any plans on improving or expanding combos? As someone who mains Gouken, the lack of bnb combos surprise me. The app only has 2 move combos for gouken. Not saying I would personally need it but someone who's interested in trying a new character could benefit from knowing the best or most effective combo. I don't have the most experience so I'm not sure if other characters suffer from the same simplicities.

Otherwise, good job on the app. It crashes sometimes, but I can't really pinpoint the cause of it.
    can you give me any idea of what you do to get it to crash?

also are you on android or iOS? i put out a fix last night that fixes some crashes on Android but I'd like to know a little bit more infomration if you are crashing for a different reason.

And honestly Gouken was a character I could not find too much info on when I was searching for Combos. I could very easily add more combos to characters with the way I have it setup right now. There were a few characters where I had a tough time finding combos to put in there for, where they just don't have many. Gouken was one of them.
    ·
  • WilWil Semper Fi Joined: Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up the android version of the app. I'm liking it so far! Reading up on frame data is a really good time killer when I'm on my break. :nunchuck:

All the frame data is up to date and correct for AE?
    USF4: Fei Long, Guy, Rose
    UMvC3: No
    SFxT: Vega, Rolento, Heihachi, Dudley
    ·
    I have it for the iOS. Like I said, I can't really pinpoint the reason for the crash. So far, it has happened about 2 or 3 times and I was simply browsing some of the characters and looking at random stuff.

In terms of combos, which characters did you have problems with? I'm sure if you listed them, some people here would have no problems helping you out. Once I have some time, I wouldn't sending you a dozen or so combos for gouken.
    ·
  • thelawalthelawal The Tenacious n00b Joined: Posts: 27
    I gotta say excellent app. My only complaint is that the frame data is quite smashed together. Would it be possible to have it so that you can get a wider view by rotating your device? Keep up the good work, my fellow programmer.

PS I am using the Android version on an HTC Glacier which has an 800x400 display, in case you want to use the android emulator to check it out
    SF4: Chun-Li, Sakura
    KOF2K2: Kula, Vanessa, Athena
    3S: Chun-Li, Elena
    BB: Taokaka
    ·
  • HeaTBlaznHeaTBlazn Rameo Joined: Posts: 897
    Is there any Evil Ryu Frame Data? Il definitely buy if there is any.
    ·
    Just picked up the android version of the app. I'm liking it so far! Reading up on frame data is a really good time killer when I'm on my break. :nunchuck:

All the frame data is up to date and correct for AE?
    it's as correct as enterbrain guide is.
    I gotta say excellent app. My only complaint is that the frame data is quite smashed together. Would it be possible to have it so that you can get a wider view by rotating your device? Keep up the good work, my fellow programmer.

PS I am using the Android version on an HTC Glacier which has an 800x400 display, in case you want to use the android emulator to check it out

yea this has been asked prior as well I just honestly have not gotten around to looking what all is involved in that.
    Is there any Evil Ryu Frame Data? Il definitely buy if there is any.

as i state in the description for the app, there isn't any for him or Oni yet because it's just not available. the new data isn't available until the end of this month.
    ·
  • HeaTBlaznHeaTBlazn Rameo Joined: Posts: 897
    oh sorry thanks for the response!
    ·
  • MrSimtangMrSimtang Joined: Posts: 156
    Hi there.

Great app, I've downloaded the Android version and it looks pretty sweet. Only a few issues if you're still looking at requests for future updates:

1. On the Main Menu (where all the characters names are) when you fast scroll down or up the page, it's pretty jittery and not a smooth scroll at all. I'm certain it's not my phone that's lagging here, so I'm thinking it's a coding issue.

2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/MrSimtang/CAP2011061901151.jpg On frame data pages, the headings E, A, R, BA and HA (for execution, active, recover, block adv and hit adv) don't line up with the data itself. Minor issue, but kinda off-putting when trying to read.

3. As others have mentioned, it'd be easier to read frame data with landscape mode.

Other than that, the app is great. Thanks.
    ·
  • CHomesCHomes D1 Nightwing pole master Joined: Posts: 100
    ^ I didn't even really pay attention to the frame data thing until I read this post. I bought it a while back and I just ignored it but it's not completely off putting but yeah it can be slightly confusing I suppose.

Still, great app I really enjoy the work you took to make this app and everything seems good so far. I have no problems with the miss placement of the frame data letters but I'm sure it would help alot more if it were aligned properly and if wide screen was possible, that would be god tier.

Haven't had crashes so far so all seems well, had your SSF4 and the upgrade from that to this is amazing, I like that there's combo lists now and that you can look up videos and forum post about your character you want to learn too it's really good. I can see you put some nice work into this, keep it up, if those fixes/add-ons were done it would be a monster of an app, not like it already isn't! :)
    ·
  • xsickzackxxsickzackx Joined: Posts: 21
    hey buddy i bought the app.. its very convenient.. ive already got tons of matchup info in the notes section.. which leads me to a question.. do you know how i can back up my app, notes and all, incase something happens to my phone?
    ·
  • apolon81apolon81 Joined: Posts: 41
    Hello purbeast. I would like to buy the android app, but the market says it is not compatible with my HTC Wildfire. Any chance for this to change?
    avatar drawn by gargooletz.deviantart.com
    ·
  • CCiNOCCiNO York Street Omega Joined: Posts: 375
    Small nuances for Guy:

Combo 1, Hozanto is mis-spelled
    Special Moves - Kaiten Izuna should indicate it's In Air only move

Great App, I use it all the time after losing at the arcade or when I'm traveling on the subways and want to study up a bit. Good stuff Andrew.
    ·
  • thelawalthelawal The Tenacious n00b Joined: Posts: 27
    Cool. I'll see if I can find some helpful information on it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    SF4: Chun-Li, Sakura
    KOF2K2: Kula, Vanessa, Athena
    3S: Chun-Li, Elena
    BB: Taokaka
    ·
  • adv1kadv1k Joined: Posts: 84
    why havent i bought this yet..
    "Urgh.. I need more training!" - Sakura Kasugano
    add me on xbl @: adv1k if you can teach me a thing or two.
    ·
    nice app worththemoney,i really hope u keepitup withe the updates,thanks man,plleasekeep up to date and improving
    ·
  • erAser_crAsherAser_crAsh Proven to be a noob Joined: Posts: 10
    Noticed on my Android version that Cody doesn't have any motion for his Zonk Knuckle move.
    ·
    it would also be unbelievable if you could re size it all for a android tablet option, i know that's prolly a decent amount of work but ill donate 10-15 bucks if you can make it look nice on my honeycomb tablet.
    ·
    Any idea when you'll update it to include oni and e.ryu's stuff?
    ·
    there is demand for this app man, perfect it and change 3.99 or im gonna do it in the fall. :)
    ·
  • wurlbfree1981wurlbfree1981 Joined: Posts: 41
    It stopped linking to the forums btw I'm using motorola cliq 2. But all in all its a lovely app.
    ·
    I just updated the Android app and it is live with the Oni and Evil Ryu frame data, and I also fixed the forum links.

I have also updated the iOS version but as usual it has to go through the review process and all that jazz. Should hopefully be up within a week, maybe sooner.
    ·
    ok i just uploaded the fix on Android that added the -/+ to the oni and evil ryu frame data. they got lost in translation with excel and the spreadsheets i keep the data in. i had to reupload the iOS one so it should be ready by evo at least.
    ·
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. The Ritual Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    love the app..will be checking the market for the update. I've had the app for a month or so now..loving the place where you can write notes under each character.
    ·
    purebeast, what's the update on the app regarding the spacing of the words next to the +/- signs?
    ·
  • syingsying Just another scrub Joined: Posts: 377
    Good stuff man, can't wait to try it out tonight!
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Scene
    People / Meetup Locations / Results. Add your info in the link
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajpv2Y7asO0HdGc1YWlFakVmbkh0aFJzbUI4XzFraGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CMju9NYO

RIVER CITY RANBATS - Level up your game / Win big prizes / Support your scene!
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-11-2011-river-city-ranbats-season-1-ae-mvc3-3s-mk9-jacksonville-florida.144963/
    ·
    purebeast, what's the update on the app regarding the spacing of the words next to the +/- signs?

the +/- were missing from Evil Ryu and Oni's frame data hit and block advantage. so you couldn't tell if it was positive frames or negative, so i fixed that.
    ·
    Sorry I mean in general sorry I don't have screen capture on my phone to show properly but i'll try to explain it a bit more.

In frame data there's E A R BA HA

then there's the numbers etc the way it's spaced out is this

E A R BA HA
    -3 -2 7 +2 +6

There not right next to each other so it's a bit slightly confusing. I don't know if the spacing is suppose to be that layout if it is then fair enough i'll just try get use to that style but I wasn't too sure if that's like a bug or something.

*edit*

After posting this i just realised this doesn't let me space out the numbers so it looks like there in together. Stupid forum.

Just imagine the numbers being 3 spaces away from the letters for all of the entries.
    ·
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion but maybe you could add match-ups per character?
    ·
    Oni doesn't have frame data for any of his forward normals.
    ·
  • the mossad manthe mossad man EVIL MAKOTO Joined: Posts: 1,467
    Just got this. Thanks!

Although you should add the 2 target combos, and f HK hold to Makoto's unique attacks IMO
    "I call this the lowest common denominator theory"..." you want to do as little as possible necessary to still win. And rather than an embarrassment, this is a major skill."

S.Kill
    ·
  • apolon81apolon81 Joined: Posts: 41
    No chance for making this app compatible with HTC Wildfire? Not sure why it is not compatible... Maybe its the screen resolution issue?
    avatar drawn by gargooletz.deviantart.com
    ·
  • QueenBBBQueenBBB I am 3/5ths Brown. Joined: Posts: 250
    holy shit I didn't know tihs existed. So getting tihs as soon as I can.

Will this in the future have match up info or at least just a little x/y graph?
    popcicles are just fucking delicious - r3y
    ·
  • polenykespolenykes Joined: Posts: 92
    Any chance i can get a hold of the xml?
    did you write it yourself or find it somewhere? asuming you used xml for the framedata
    ·
    i wrote the data xml sheets myself and that took by far more time than anything else in the app generating it from the japanese AE mook guide. and i don't read japanese heh.

no way i'm just handing it out, sorry.

and i doubt there will be any little matchup info graph or much later on. the app is pretty much done as far as features go. you can always add matchup info to the notes section.

apolon, i'm not sure why it's not compatible. i don't have any android hardware and only use the emulator so i really don't nkow what could be causing the compatibility issues, sorry.
    ·
  • 1020 quoshon1020 quoshon DatMonstaah Joined: Posts: 75
    i wrote the data xml sheets myself and that took by far more time than anything else in the app generating it from the japanese AE mook guide. and i don't read japanese heh.

no way i'm just handing it out, sorry.

and i doubt there will be any little matchup info graph or much later on. the app is pretty much done as far as features go. you can always add matchup info to the notes section.

apolon, i'm not sure why it's not compatible. i don't have any android hardware and only use the emulator so i really don't nkow what could be causing the compatibility issues, sorry.
    could i pay you for the sheet i rarely use my phone and would like to read it on my pc? if no no prob
    Have a Replay you want uploaded? msg quoshon1 on XBL
    ·
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to update it with the 2012 frame data? Or will it become a seperate app? This is great for even just thinking up strategies at tournaments.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
    ·
  • theDUKEtheDUKE Poppin yo collar! Joined: Posts: 611
    I'd buy it again just To support if he made updates and called it a 2012 app.
    MF|FreeceTyLe
    Makoto | MSS

Yo...Holla!
    ·
  • DeebsDeebs Joined: Posts: 934
    Pleaseee 2012 update? I love this app. I'd buy it again if you sold the update seperately.
    ·
  • DemonDemon Joined: Posts: 6
    I would love an update as well.
    ·
  • CCiNOCCiNO York Street Omega Joined: Posts: 375
    Any chance to include invincible frames?
    ·
    As far as an update goes, I really don't have time to go through all of the data and update the information that is currently in the application. It is a lot of data stored in an XML sheet that I created, and I just don't really have much time to do that right now.

I have been out of the fight scene for a while and honestly don't even know exactly what changes were made to who and where. I am also not sure if there is any 1 place I could go to find the 100% updated data for 2012 edition, as far as frames and move data goes. I'm also not sure if any actual move inputs were changed like they did in SSF4 to AE (like rogs u2 for example) so I'd have to basically go through every single move for every character to figure this out.

Same goes for all of the frame/move data, and that is IF there is somewhere that has everything listed that is 100% correct.

So for now, I won't have any time to do this anytime in the really near future, sorry.

That said, if there are people on this forum that would like to help out with getting the updated data into the XML file, I'd be more than willing to give it to the people who want to help out and once it's updated, add it to the app as a free update.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
    ·
  • DeebsDeebs Joined: Posts: 934
    Does anyone know where to find up to date frame data? That's literally the only thing I care about in this app
    ·
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,709 mod
    You know, if you can say promise that an update will get done as long as you're able to get enough help with the data, I can try to see if I can run something on this on the front page to get more support/help.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·