Heroes World Thread (Toronto/York/Markham) CASUALS EVERY WEDNESDAY

coolasicecoolasice Heroes WorldJoined: Posts: 684
edited June 2013 in Canada
Contact Info:
Heroes World Comic Shop of the New Millennium
8601 Warden Avenue Unit 13 (North-East Corner of Hwy 7 and Warden)
Markham, Ontario
L3R 0B5
(905) 948-1949
Heroes-World.com
Facebook

fightnight.jpg

EVERY WEDNESDAY!

Wednesday Casuals 6pm to 9pm
Entry Fee: $5

Games Played:
Mostly Super Street Fighter IV: AE 2012 but we do have SFxTekken, UMVC3, and Injustice if players want.

Bring your own controller/fight stick! We're playing mostly on Xbox at the moment.

ATTN: Heroes World will be taking break on June 26th, 2013 so there will be no session that day.

Updated on: May 29th, 2013

FAQ:

What is Heroes World?
-We're a hobby shop located directly in the corner of Hwy 7 and Warden Avenue (big plaza with Shoppers Drugmart, No Frills, Futureshop, McDonalds etc). We Specialize in almost anything hobby related including Comic Books, Toys, Boardgames, Miniature Games and Boardgames, so it's only a natural progression that we dive into the video game scene. We have a fairly big store (about 2300 square feet) and have a dedicated gaming room that will houses many types of events.

What else is in the Heroes World Plaza?
Available in the same plaza as Heroes World:
McDonalds
Mr. Sub
Shoppers Drug Mart
Second Cup
Cora's Breakfast & Lunch
Milestone?s Grill & Bar
Pizza Pizza
No Frills
Teriyaki Experience
Mr. Felix and Norton Cookies
Greek
Menchies (Frozen dessert)
TD Canada Trust Bank
Scotia Bank
and more!!

What kind of equipment does Heroes World have?
-Screens: Several different computer monitors that can be used for gaming
-Systems: Mostly xbox 360s, but we have access to ps3s as well
-Joysticks: We have two modified Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Madcatz sticks that work on Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3.

So what if I gotta pee?
Bathroom on site!

Who runs these shindigs at Heroes World?
-that would be me Jon Ho aka "coolasice". I work here at Heroes World and will be running most of the events. While not the most experienced in Street Fighter events, I have over 8 years experience in running various gaming tournaments (Magic the Gathering, Warhammer, Warmachine, etc) so I'm learning the video gaming scene and hope to run fair and fun tourneys for you guys. I'm new to the "competitive" Street Fighter scene coming from a more casual background. I'm eager to learn but will most likely get my butt kicked the more "pro" players...but this is not really relevant since when I'm running an event I will not be playing.

So that means Street Fighter all the time at Heroes World?
-sadly no. Running the set-ups takes time and space...which we are sometimes limited on. We'll be posting up schedules of events and stuff like that but unless you see it posted here or chat with me at the shop there won't be anything running. You should however post up if you do what events on certain days or whatever so we can get an idea of what you'd like to see happen

Is all this FREE?
-again sadly no. We are a business and as such we require funds to operate. We'll usually be charging some kind of venue Fee to cover mostly cost of equipment, staff and time. While as a player i'd love to offer free sessions we have costs to cover...for example if a Xbox RRODs or Joystick buttons get smashed there is a cost in replacing/repairing these things

I only got in one game!
-I am a pretty fair person, so if you ever attend a session and feel you are not getting your money's worth please let me know and I will be happy to discuss the situation and most likely give you your money back or give you your next session free.

I wanna help out what can I do?
-best thing you can do is to come out to events and have a good time! But if your looking for more, Heroes World always can use help in running events and getting the word out. You got joysticks or screens or something your willing to bring in? then awesome...more gaming for everyone. Please don't hesitate to contact me via PM, or even stop by the shop to chat about any ideas you many have! I been approached by many players that simply want to help grow the community which is awesome!

Fight Stick Modding?
-I am adapt in basic fight stick repairs and maintenance. I am more than willing to help out when I can. We also have an artwork modder and electric modder within our group so if your looking for somebody to do some modding let me know and i'll set you up with them.

Please post up whatever other questions or suggestions you may have! or even just post up to say what's up?
Post edited by coolasice on
Heroes World
8601 Warden Avenue (NE Corner of Warden & Hwy 7)
(905)948-1949 (www.heroes-world.com)
Facebook: hwcomicshop
https://www.facebook.com/hwcomicshop

Comments

• coolasicecoolasice Heroes World Joined: Posts: 684
    Hey guys, scouting interest in Saturday May 29th! Not necessarily a tournament but more of a casual SSFIV event, where we can gather info from all the local players. Possibly serve some free coffee or food of some kind of a meet and greet. There will likely be a small charge to get in $3-5.

post up if your interested! or if you can't make it, post up some other days you'd like to see events happen!
    Heroes World
  • nightsoulnightsoul Joined: Posts: 15
    had fun last time you guys had casuals
    I will definitely come on the 29th
  • chowwunchowwun Joined: Posts: 936
    Me in.

EDIT: The store currently has 2 tri-modded TvC sticks (Wii/PS3/X360), 2 dual mod sticks from arcadewhips (PS3/X360).

Do you still have those Horis? Those busted, horrible Horis. lol
    sweet, as long as we have a couple ppl i'll at least set up one system...i had forgotten Anime North is that weekend, so most players might be going there...dunno if there is an event or anything there but ppl might be checking it out

probably running from 1:00pm to 5:00pm, looking to get $3 venue fee...so i can buy some new buttons for the sticks :) We can run a mini tourney if ppl want for bragging rights...or we could even trying some ranbats style stuff...not too familiar with the format but we could try it

hope to see some of you come out! i need practice!
    Heroes World
  • xumpxump Joined: Posts: 116
    I'm suppose to be moving at the end of the month
    so if I'm all packed up and stuff
    I'll definitely come out
    my buki needs some work
    sweet, as long as we have a couple ppl i'll at least set up one system...i had forgotten Anime North is that weekend, so most players might be going there...dunno if there is an event or anything there but ppl might be checking it out

probably running from 1:00pm to 5:00pm, looking to get $3 venue fee...so i can buy some new buttons for the sticks :) We can run a mini tourney if ppl want for bragging rights...or we could even trying some ranbats style stuff...not too familiar with the format but we could try it

hope to see some of you come out! i need practice!

Speaking of Anime North, aren't you guys going to be there anyway?
    Speaking of Anime North, aren't you guys going to be there anyway?

not this year...tables are a little pricey and we don't got enough anime related stuff to blow out to justify the costs

i shoulda found out if someone is actually running some sf tourneys though
    Heroes World
  • Spish0Spish0 Joined: Posts: 139
    You mentioned Gears of War events. Would that be Gears 1 or 2?
    You mentioned Gears of War events. Would that be Gears 1 or 2?

sorry for the late reply, most likely gears 2!
    Heroes World
    I might be able to get 2 people to go to a Gears 2 team tournament. It'd be better if it was Gears 1 but if there's cash involved, I'm sure they'd be down.
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Man it's too bad it's a Saturday this time. Gonna be at AnimeNorth today so unfortunately I can't make it by to get my ass kicked consecutively and I just got my next to custom arcade stick(Qanba Q3) too.
    Hope you guys get a good turnout like last time, everyone was pretty chillin' there!

About an event at the con, not sure but since last year, FanExpo had a spot with a huge TV with free SFIV matches...some kind of Zellers Online Gaming promo...Commentaries weren't as great since it's not Chris Hu!
    GGs to the people who went to HWs today. I hope to see moar people next time.
    yeah, thanks to everyone that came out!! i yet again forgot to give away the Street Fighter and darkstalkers comics!!! damn it! someone remind me next time!

funds made today will probably go to some new buttons for the TvC sticks...still keeping an eye out for a cheap LCD..that doesn't have lag of course

next time i'll definitely set up ps3 with table and sit down style...although i do enjoy the standing arcade styles...lots of fun watching the matches, i'll try to schedule next one on a day i'm not working so i can get in on the action...cause i need the practice for sure!

also figured i should post my gamer tag if anyone wants to help me aka kick my ass in SF
    "coolasice003" that's a zero-zero-three at the end...i'll have to double check my ps3 tag but i think it's the same
    Heroes World
    Man it's too bad it's a Saturday this time. Gonna be at AnimeNorth today so unfortunately I can't make it by to get my ass kicked consecutively and I just got my next to custom arcade stick(Qanba Q3) too.
    Hope you guys get a good turnout like last time, everyone was pretty chillin' there!

About an event at the con, not sure but since last year, FanExpo had a spot with a huge TV with free SFIV matches...some kind of Zellers Online Gaming promo...Commentaries weren't as great since it's not Chris Hu!

let me know what you think of ANorth this year! this will be our 2nd year missing out...it's a fun show but too pricey for tables right now
    Heroes World
    I might be able to get 2 people to go to a Gears 2 team tournament. It'd be better if it was Gears 1 but if there's cash involved, I'm sure they'd be down.
    is there a huge following for GOW1 multiplayer? i'd just assume everyone moved onto GOW2???

nonetheless i'll see if i can get a two screen set-up sometime so we can start running some wingman showdowns or something to start
    Heroes World
  • nGumannGuman The Goofy Nguboy Joined: Posts: 1,212
    Anyone wanna trade a 360 te for a ps3 one? I have a ps3 TE up for trade :P
    "Even if my fists turn to dust, I would not give up on my quest."
  • djnocturnaldjnocturnal Orbit's E.Honda Joined: Posts: 284
    Wouldve came if I didnt have work yesterday =\
    SFIV: E.Honda, El Fuerte // MvC2: Santhrax // 3S: Chun Li

Pmall SF4 Casuals
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DJNocturnal
    Anyone wanna trade a 360 te for a ps3 one? I have a ps3 TE up for trade :P

i'll ask around if anyone is down with that trade

...have you considered dual modding it? chowwun did our TvC sticks and it's probably the best investment for the sticks we've done, no matter the system they work the versitility is just so convenient

send him a pm and he can probably give you a price, and if you guys can't meet up you can always drop it off at the shop and he'll pick it up...just a thought
    Heroes World
    i'll ask around if anyone is down with that trade

...have you considered dual modding it? chowwun did our TvC sticks and it's probably the best investment for the sticks we've done, no matter the system they work the versitility is just so convenient

send him a pm and he can probably give you a price, and if you guys can't meet up you can always drop it off at the shop and he'll pick it up...just a thought

For a PS3 to X360 mod, it's $50 labour + whatever materials needed (X360 PCB, Imp mainly) which you will supply (i.e. get yourself) because I'd prefer to have everything on hand before working on it. Turn around period should be a day or two.
    Dual modding a PS3 TE is a mess and a half. If you can find someone to trade with that'd be great.
    is there a huge following for GOW1 multiplayer? i'd just assume everyone moved onto GOW2???

nonetheless i'll see if i can get a two screen set-up sometime so we can start running some wingman showdowns or something to start

Yeah there's still plenty of people like me who still play the first one because it's a lot more fun. Although the title updates have improved the second one. The matchmaking is faster and chooses better hosts, they got rid of stun grenades, somewhat fixed the chainsaw so it takes less bullets to stun the person revving it, improved the shotgun to try and bring back the fast-paced shotgun battles of the first although with the latest update, they say the shotgun is too strong because it can now take down people far away in two shots ( image and [url]image ) whereas the Gears 1 shotgun worked like an actual shotgun where it was extremely deadly up close and completely useless from afar. But anyway, I think you'd get more people to participate in a Gears 2 event than a Gears 1 event.[/url]
    let me know what you think of ANorth this year! this will be our 2nd year missing out...it's a fun show but too pricey for tables right now

Great event as usual, it's too bad that prices for figures keep going up with vendors starting to decline bargaining . As a fan, I understand the trend of lots of people getting into the hobby but when something is at a high mark up and isn't at all rare, it's kind of unfair. Couple of SF cosplayers there mainly seeing a couple of Ryus, Ken and some vendors cosplaying Alternative costume Chun Li and Crimson Viper.
    Hey Jon, now I remember exactly when I caught you guys there and it was Heroes Worlds last one two years ago! I bought the Bandai Kamen Rider Super Imaginative Chogokin Alternative Zero + Ryuga set from you guys at an amazing price($40)! I was reminded from the last casual where I bought a Revoltech while waiting for the new characters touney(which I got my ass kicked again lol), I was trying to figure out where I saw the shop's card from(Black and white/blue).

Should have more time to come by for casuals/tourneys, unemployed lol!
    Tournament for the unemployed? I LOVE IT! lol
    Great event as usual, it's too bad that prices for figures keep going up with vendors starting to decline bargaining . As a fan, I understand the trend of lots of people getting into the hobby but when something is at a high mark up and isn't at all rare, it's kind of unfair. Couple of SF cosplayers there mainly seeing a couple of Ryus, Ken and some vendors cosplaying Alternative costume Chun Li and Crimson Viper.
    Hey Jon, now I remember exactly when I caught you guys there and it was Heroes Worlds last one two years ago! I bought the Bandai Kamen Rider Super Imaginative Chogokin Alternative Zero + Ryuga set from you guys at an amazing price($40)! I was reminded from the last casual where I bought a Revoltech while waiting for the new characters touney(which I got my ass kicked again lol), I was trying to figure out where I saw the shop's card from(Black and white/blue).

Should have more time to come by for casuals/tourneys, unemployed lol!

yeah, i remember that kamen rider set, that thing was so cool...just dosen't have much of a following over here. unforutnally the prices for imported figures has risen by quite a bit, it's a far cry from a few years ago when we had cool figures for around $19.99 each, now you lucky if they are $39.99! most of the prices are upwards of $50-60. One of the main reasons is that the buyer for Diamond comics (the main distributor for North American) was fired or left, and the new buyer can't seem to negotiate any decent prices for figures...alas, hopefully we'll see a change soon cause i miss having all those cool figs on the shelf

speaking of Kamen Rider i just got a copy of the new movie, not sure what the name is but starts of with Decade killing all the current riders...probably going to watch it tonight...you familiar with the series at all?

yeah, more random casuals...i'd love to do a Swiss style tournament, so we can get a better idea of rankings....although i'd probably be at the bottom, it'd be nice to see and then if you progress later on it'd be a good gauge...also swiss is a little more fun because you'll end up with all the top players playing each other and the lower players playing each other, i'm still not a fan of this double elimination formula, as it's more random

i'll post up when i get some possible dates

anybody else on psn or xbox for some games? i need practice!
    Heroes World

What character(s) do you play?
    yeah, i remember that kamen rider set, that thing was so cool...just dosen't have much of a following over here. unforutnally the prices for imported figures has risen by quite a bit, it's a far cry from a few years ago when we had cool figures for around $19.99 each, now you lucky if they are $39.99! most of the prices are upwards of $50-60. One of the main reasons is that the buyer for Diamond comics (the main distributor for North American) was fired or left, and the new buyer can't seem to negotiate any decent prices for figures...alas, hopefully we'll see a change soon cause i miss having all those cool figs on the shelf

speaking of Kamen Rider i just got a copy of the new movie, not sure what the name is but starts of with Decade killing all the current riders...probably going to watch it tonight...you familiar with the series at all?

yeah, more random casuals...i'd love to do a Swiss style tournament, so we can get a better idea of rankings....although i'd probably be at the bottom, it'd be nice to see and then if you progress later on it'd be a good gauge...also swiss is a little more fun because you'll end up with all the top players playing each other and the lower players playing each other, i'm still not a fan of this double elimination formula, as it's more random

Double elimination eliminates factors such as losing just because of character matchups. It gives them one more chance to place in their deserving place/ranking, even if that place isn't 1st.

Pmall SF4 Casuals

Diamond Comics works out strange IMO, my main figure dealer in Halifax doesn't like using them for some reason(maybe it's the order shipping system they have lol). Domestic action figures is fine but because the anime scene is still booming, it gives the companies a "excuse" to bump up prices as well as stated back in 2008....ughh, my collection slows down every time one of those announcements are made haha.
    Believe or not, I'm a huge Kamen Rider junkie and I'm a sucker for the belts lol!(picture is missing the other 2 belts I have too) May Lee was awesome in KOF! Yeah, the All Riders 2010 movie was pretty cool, the starting of that movie was pretty badass with Decade taking down 3 Riders within minutes. SIC IXA, and Dark Kiva pack + Limited Den-O Wing form has just been shipped~

Haha, I'm sure your Cody will knock me down to the bottom! Going through the pad to stick transition still and decided to use Ibuki as the character starter instead of Viper. I can't seem to negative edge on a stick with her! The double elimination was great last time that happened in the beginning of May.

My buddy has asked about casuals as well, I forgot he didn't go to Anime North and I just realized there was one and forgot to tell him about it...
    What character(s) do you play?

used to play cody and a handful of other characters....but in the interest if actually trying to get better i now stick to one character...right now it's Chun Li. She seems easier to use and comboing Ultra2 is much easier than trying to focus cancel into something
    Double elimination eliminates factors such as losing just because of character matchups. It gives them one more chance to place in their deserving place/ranking, even if that place isn't 1st.

oh yeah, i hear you... perhaps running something like swiss style pairing and then cutting to top 4 or top 8 for a single elim might be more interesting.

Diamond Comics works out strange IMO, my main figure dealer in Halifax doesn't like using them for some reason(maybe it's the order shipping system they have lol). Domestic action figures is fine but because the anime scene is still booming, it gives the companies a "excuse" to bump up prices as well as stated back in 2008....ughh, my collection slows down every time one of those announcements are made haha.
    Believe or not, I'm a huge Kamen Rider junkie and I'm a sucker for the belts lol!(picture is missing the other 2 belts I have too) May Lee was awesome in KOF! Yeah, the All Riders 2010 movie was pretty cool, the starting of that movie was pretty badass with Decade taking down 3 Riders within minutes. SIC IXA, and Dark Kiva pack + Limited Den-O Wing form has just been shipped~

Haha, I'm sure your Cody will knock me down to the bottom! Going through the pad to stick transition still and decided to use Ibuki as the character starter instead of Viper. I can't seem to negative edge on a stick with her! The double elimination was great last time that happened in the beginning of May.

My buddy has asked about casuals as well, I forgot he didn't go to Anime North and I just realized there was one and forgot to tell him about it...

haha, sick! i was just looking at the helmets on e-bay and they are wicked looking...but $200+ each! and from thailand to boot! if your ever looking for a figure be sure to let us know and i'll see if we can get it and work out a good price for you. We can order anything from diamond, but cause of the costs we usually don't stock alot of the shelfs

my cody sucks! i've abandoned him as per mentioned above. I didn't get to see you play much, but i suspect you'd be able to beat me or possibly we'd be on equal level....my buddy says online i'd probably be rated at just under 1000pp. Stick with the stick...haha...most of us at heroes did the transition when Super came out and now i don't think we could go back.

I've got a wedding this weekend, so no SSFIV...but after that i'll see what we can work in...it's very easy for me to set up the arcade style we did on the past weekend...just one monitor and system and winner goes on. Maybe i'll try to throw in a couple random casuals like that
    Heroes World
    used to play cody and a handful of other characters....but in the interest if actually trying to get better i now stick to one character...right now it's Chun Li. She seems easier to use and comboing Ultra2 is much easier than trying to focus cancel into something

oh yeah, i hear you... perhaps running something like swiss style pairing and then cutting to top 4 or top 8 for a single elim might be more interesting.

haha, sick! i was just looking at the helmets on e-bay and they are wicked looking...but $200+ each! and from thailand to boot! if your ever looking for a figure be sure to let us know and i'll see if we can get it and work out a good price for you. We can order anything from diamond, but cause of the costs we usually don't stock alot of the shelfs

my cody sucks! i've abandoned him as per mentioned above. I didn't get to see you play much, but i suspect you'd be able to beat me or possibly we'd be on equal level....my buddy says online i'd probably be rated at just under 1000pp. Stick with the stick...haha...most of us at heroes did the transition when Super came out and now i don't think we could go back.

I've got a wedding this weekend, so no SSFIV...but after that i'll see what we can work in...it's very easy for me to set up the arcade style we did on the past weekend...just one monitor and system and winner goes on. Maybe i'll try to throw in a couple random casuals like that

Yeah man, if I weren't just unemployed at the moment(figures, since my summer vacation from College just started then I get the "you're on call" status which usually means no more shifts...), I would be more comfortable for this season...Those helmets are real nice but they don't make my favorite Riders helmet, IXA Save Mode.
    So "free" at home that I spent the entire moment familiarizing myself with Ibuki, screw her target combo SJC Ultra 2, I'm having trouble getting contact with my opponents, just been training and practicing against my friends Ryu. Not bad, I just have to be patient and time my target combo after the vortex kunai starter.
    I'm sure we'll be even but I have a habit of playing so aggressive that I tend to dig my own grave haha...which reminds me that spending $17.50 for the first SFIV shoto pack + SSFIV Femme Fatal pack 2 sucks! Japanese version is only compatible with Japanese costumes and the I had to buy a 1000 yen PSN card(400 yen for costumes but the new pack requires an extra 200 yen for some reason...tax?).

Congrats on the wedding man! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful but then again, it has been more pleasant that gloomy :)
    Yeah man, if I weren't just unemployed at the moment(figures, since my summer vacation from College just started then I get the "you're on call" status which usually means no more shifts...), I would be more comfortable for this season...Those helmets are real nice but they don't make my favorite Riders helmet, IXA Save Mode.
    So "free" at home that I spent the entire moment familiarizing myself with Ibuki, screw her target combo SJC Ultra 2, I'm having trouble getting contact with my opponents, just been training and practicing against my friends Ryu. Not bad, I just have to be patient and time my target combo after the vortex kunai starter.
    I'm sure we'll be even but I have a habit of playing so aggressive that I tend to dig my own grave haha...which reminds me that spending $17.50 for the first SFIV shoto pack + SSFIV Femme Fatal pack 2 sucks! Japanese version is only compatible with Japanese costumes and the I had to buy a 1000 yen PSN card(400 yen for costumes but the new pack requires an extra 200 yen for some reason...tax?).

Congrats on the wedding man! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful but then again, it has been more pleasant that gloomy :)

oh man, i never thought of the costume packs not working!! that sucks!

i hate ryu, i just can't beat him!!! what your trying to do already sounds crazy to me...i'll just ex legs or hp you out the air into ultra 2, that's pretty much the extent of my combos, haha!

not my wedding so if it rains, i'll be fine :)
    Heroes World
    coolasice wrote:

Time to play for quarters... >=)
    oh man, i never thought of the costume packs not working!! that sucks!

i hate ryu, i just can't beat him!!! what your trying to do already sounds crazy to me...i'll just ex legs or hp you out the air into ultra 2, that's pretty much the extent of my combos, haha!

not my wedding so if it rains, i'll be fine :)

You're forgetting flipkick > cr.hk or throw. :)
    syn13 wrote:
    'm sure we'll be even but I have a habit of playing so aggressive that I tend to dig my own grave haha...which reminds me that spending $17.50 for the first SFIV shoto pack + SSFIV Femme Fatal pack 2 sucks! Japanese version is only compatible with Japanese costumes and the I had to buy a 1000 yen PSN card(400 yen for costumes but the new pack requires an extra 200 yen for some reason...tax?).

I'm waiting for the entire costume pack to come out AND for it to go on sale. I recently picked up the SF4 alts for $6.50. =D
    hey guys, just an update, i manged to secure another monitor, supposedly lag free

now i can have at least two screens set up fairly easily...trying to plan another jam session...possibly Saturday June 26.

i could even pop in a no notice casuals event for Saturday June 12th...if anyone is interested post up and let me know...i would probably be looking to get $5 for all day gaming cause 2 screens is a little more work and room to set up...but i can do mini tourney and give away some prizes (sf related merch) at no extra cost

lmk
    Heroes World
    I'm down for 26th, but 12th is no good for me; celebrating Father's Day that day. =T

EDIT: You might want to update your first post.
    Props to chowwun for being awesome with wiring
    I'm glad to know that my work has not fallen apart. LOL.

That stick is totally whack... nice and large and... American parts. (ugh)..

BTW, if you want to be sure that your stuff is properly insulated, use hot meld glue on the points connecting to the PCB like... http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs449.snc3/25758_882883058392_28131633_54263224_3866592_n.jpg
    whoops, just realized we have a conflicting event on the 26th, so that's definetly a no go

i may possibly set something up on Saturday for kicks though, so if anyone had a thought of swinging by, let me know
    Heroes World
    I hate Wonderland for making me work Saturdays.

Should plan something on a Sunday though =D LOL

Pmall SF4 Casuals
  • nightsoulnightsoul Joined: Posts: 15
    19th is bad for me
    but all the rest of those weekends are ok for me
    I just realized that Father's Day is next week; not this one. LOL. Fail.

Jon, if you're doing anything tonight, let me know!
    Random casuals TODAY!!

Saturday June 26th 12:00pm - 6:00pm

got one xbox set up with two sticks...if someone brings another copy of Super Street Fighter on xbox i can set up another system.
    Heroes World
  • BlitzMan_GBlitzMan_G Me High = you lose Joined: Posts: 425
    best in york region come take my money =D
    anyone try David Sirlin's card games before? customer brought some by and they are pretty fun, so i've contacted him and we're going to be carrying them!

check them out, they have a very fighting game slant to them:

Sirlin Games - Welcome

i'll post up when we have them instock!
    Heroes World
    $15 to get a digital print out copy.... What?

If he wants exposure, should be giving it out for free - ESPECIALLY if it's print outs. O_oa
    anyone looking for sticks? we've been carrying an assortment of sticks lately. dunno what the situation is around town but last i check most of the Markham area was running short.

instock now:

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 Limited White Version (PS3) - $189.99
    Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (PS3) - $139.99 [sold!]
    Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (Xbox360) - $139.99
    Neo Geo Stick 2 (PS3) - $99.99
    Madcatz TvC Stick (Wii) - $99.99

we also got some Madcatz sticks coming in soon, i'll post up the prices and what we get
    Heroes World
    If you get Madcatz TE sticks for PS3, let me know =)

Pmall SF4 Casuals
    Jon, you still run casuals on Saturdays? Haven't heard squat from you for a while. =P

Or has Fadi demolished your confidence in the game? =(
    If you get Madcatz TE sticks for PS3, let me know =)

got them in today!

The Super Street Fighter IV versions (Black) they are $189.99, got one for PS3 and one for Xbox

i've asked them if they can get the Round 2 or original versions cause they are cheaper but they (my distributors) said it's really hard to get them...and by the time you pay freight and taxes it'll be close to the price of the new Super sticks. I also asked why the pricing didn't drop to $119.99 like the other sticks and they said places were just blowing out the older stuff cause the demand dropped.
    Heroes World
    Jon, you still run casuals on Saturdays? Haven't heard squat from you for a while. =P

haha, yeah, i get demolished by Fadi on a regular basis...but it's not so bad cause he'll usually own when he comes to the store, so that makes me feel a little better

i can run some casuals this saturday if your around...just need bodies...cause i'll be running other stuff in the store so i can't play, so i'd hope at least 2 ppl can come out
    Heroes World

haha, yeah, i get demolished by Fadi on a regular basis...but it's not so bad cause he'll usually own when he comes to the store, so that makes me feel a little better

i can run some casuals this saturday if your around...just need bodies...cause i'll be running other stuff in the store so i can't play, so i'd hope at least 2 ppl can come out
    Heroes World
    lol

I'll be in Wasaga this weekend. Perhaps next weekend...