Heroes World Thread (Toronto/York/Markham) CASUALS EVERY WEDNESDAY

Comments

• coolasicecoolasice Heroes World Joined: Posts: 684
    Hey guys! I got in the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Guide in today!

It's an excellent resource for ANYONE playing the game, it's probably the best guide released for a fighting game...EVER! It's even got frame data including startup, and recovery times! also a section explaining how to understand the frame data

I got in 6 copies, and they are $22.99 each. Drop by today and grab one or post up and i'll save one for you
    Heroes World
    8601 Warden Avenue (NE Corner of Warden & Hwy 7)
    (905)948-1949 (www.heroes-world.com)
    Facebook: hwcomicshop
    https://www.facebook.com/hwcomicshop
  • omega_orochi423omega_orochi423 Joined: Posts: 1,051
    Spring League update:

As of March 5th we have the following folks interested:

1. Weezball1234
    2. Beyond Human
    3. Omega_orochi423
    4. PongOnSRK
    5. Syn13
    6. Chowwun
    7. White_r
    8. CoolasIce
    9. PiXels
    10. Padkuma

Please advise if you wish to be involved in MvC3, SSFIV, or both.
    "Street Fighter is not an obsession, it's a way of Life."
    auVJj5
  • jeenyus1jeenyus1 Joined: Posts: 2,075
    Props to Chow for the quick and clean PCB wiring job and thanks for the posters Cool, I brought the posters in to Kinkos to get them laminated and as soon as I showed the worker the posters he started dying of laughter :)

If you get anything related to My Chemical Romance, let me know I'm a huge man of them. Cool store, I'll def come by every once in a while.

-Justin
    SF5 Steam ID: AlphaShowStopper
    Fightcade Third Strike: Sagat-Ztier
  • chowwunchowwun Joined: Posts: 936
    Spring League update:

1. Weezball1234
    2. Beyond Human
    3. Omega_orochi423
    4. PongOnSRK
    5. Syn13
    6. Chowwun
    7. White_r
    8. CoolasIce
    9. PiXels
    10. Padkuma

Uhhh... both, I suppose. It'd be a kick in the pants if I rank higher in MvC3 than SSFIV -_-"
    Props to Chow for the quick and clean PCB wiring job and thanks for the posters Cool, I brought the posters in to Kinkos to get them laminated and as soon as I showed the worker the posters he started dying of laughter :)

If you get anything related to My Chemical Romance, let me know I'm a huge man of them. Cool store, I'll def come by every once in a while.

-Justin

No problem man. Glad to be of service. Now you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for a simple job haha

EDIT: I've finally started to get around uploading the me vs. Navi FT10 fights onto youtube... will notify when they are all up lol
  • ThePadWarriorThePadWarrior Joined: Posts: 62
    Spring League update:

1. Weezball1234
    2. Beyond Human
    3. Omega_orochi423
    4. PongOnSRK
    5. Syn13
    6. Chowwun
    7. White_r
    8. CoolasIce
    9. PiXels
    10. Padkuma

Count me in hidey! ill be interested in SSFIV! Appreciated boss. :cool:
  • PongOnSRKPongOnSRK Joined: Posts: 109
    add yomi to the league.

and of course, im in for mvc3.

man i realized today that i play too many games to really excel in one. well, if i still want to have a life outside of gaming 24/7/365 anyway.

AND before anyone makes a snide comment about how i have no life anyway, blah blah blah, etc, SHUT IT. lol YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
  • BuddahBuddah Joined: Posts: 493
    I don't know anyone would be ready to jump into a tourney with such short notice...unless they were already planning to go. Danny would be a nice addition, he's come to every tourney HW has run so far and he's a pretty cool guy so i'd vote him in.

much thanks Jon i've love to be on the HW team but too bad this whole Barrie tourney was such a flop
  • therobintherobin Robn Rene Joined: Posts: 440
    Is anyone interested in these ball tops? I am going to place an order for some later today or tomorrow. So let me know if you want one. They are $16 each.

6064.JPG
    184238_1868450196634_1402442774_32169261_8074588_n.jpg
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Sweet Black Metallic, that's the best looking on outta the four, the other 3 don't look as bad as I initially thought.
    Hey Robin, how many Hori SCII sticks did you want me to try to find for you from Yahoo Auctions? Just a reminder, it's 700 JPY service fee, 10% of the item won for YHJ auction fee and then there's local shipping(which is always under $8). I'll double check some of those auctions to see if they actually don't sell(I've seen some for 500 - 1000 JPY).

Hey I'm in the MvC3 and not in the SSFIV league?
    :)
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    oh hey i brought that ball in last week in my pile of parts in my bag
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    Hold off on the SC2 sticks. I have something else in mind I am going to build next. If it doesn't turn out favourablely, then I will stock some old horis.

All league info will now be posted here:
    http://shoryuken.com/f248/yrsf-presents-mvc3-ssfiv-spring-2011-league-battle-york-region-toronto-267826/

I've added you to SSFIV
    auVJj5

All league info will now be posted here:
    http://shoryuken.com/f248/yrsf-presents-mvc3-ssfiv-spring-2011-league-battle-york-region-toronto-267826/

I've added you to SSFIV
    auVJj5
  • JoelSykoJoelSyko Be Like Water ...... Joined: Posts: 110
    MK9 is going to be sick, hopefully it will tear down the MVC hype, that game got more hype than it deserved .................
    Every Match Is Just More Practice.
    There's Always Something To Be Learned Afterward.
    looks good Hidey! i'd suggest we run the league for a month or two tops, then iron out what works and what dosen't

we may have to use a fight binder instead of cards at first cause it might be easier to collect info and store it until i figure out how to make a proper board to put all the cards on. we can always write down the standings on a white board each wednesday so ppl can see where they stand. Also another idea is points for beating someone higher up on the ladder than you are...so say if I beat one of the top dogs like matt or jack i should get bonus points for beating them if i'm way on the bottom.
    Heroes World
  • Gobias EmployeeGobias Employee Joined: Posts: 80
    Ok I'm in.
    On another note, I have real trouble getting clean inputs, specifically DP motions. Can anyone help me?
    Good updates, betting Robin is gonna do something really interestingly weird but cool lol!
    League fights yay! Gives me motivation to actually play at home and "practice" lol!

My brother got MK vs DCU the other night....God who was the genius who designed the controls?? I tried my Qanba stick with it and it read my stick movements as Left Analog not allowing me to jump!!! Being that I haven't played a MK game for the longest time, it was pretty weak not being able to pull off smooth combos and that block button sh*t is soooooo confusing! Is MK9 gonna have that stupid 3D environment moving to it?
    Ok I'm in.
    On another note, I have real trouble getting clean inputs, specifically DP motions. Can anyone help me?

Are you using a Sanwa JLF stick with a square gate? If anything, try to teach yourself to input commands with the shortest amount of movement as you can(i.e. Octagonal gate or switch to a stick with shorter engage). Aside from that, I can't think of anyway to input clean commands rather than training mod with command input on or holding your stick differently(giggity).
    Ok I'm in.

Did you want to be in both MvC3 and SSFIV?

FYI - all League related info will now be updated in a dedicated thread: http://shoryuken.com/f248/yrsf-presents-mvc3-ssfiv-spring-2011-league-battle-york-region-toronto-267826/
    auVJj5
    looks good Hidey! i'd suggest we run the league for a month or two tops, then iron out what works and what dosen't

we may have to use a fight binder instead of cards at first cause it might be easier to collect info and store it until i figure out how to make a proper board to put all the cards on. we can always write down the standings on a white board each wednesday so ppl can see where they stand. Also another idea is points for beating someone higher up on the ladder than you are...so say if I beat one of the top dogs like matt or jack i should get bonus points for beating them if i'm way on the bottom.

We can run 4 weeks for now. Definitely lots of opportunity to fine-tune during the first season. Looking forward to it!
    auVJj5
    Good updates, betting Robin is gonna do something really interestingly weird but cool lol!
    League fights yay! Gives me motivation to actually play at home and "practice" lol!

My brother got MK vs DCU the other night....God who was the genius who designed the controls?? I tried my Qanba stick with it and it read my stick movements as Left Analog not allowing me to jump!!! Being that I haven't played a MK game for the longest time, it was pretty weak not being able to pull off smooth combos and that block button sh*t is soooooo confusing! Is MK9 gonna have that stupid 3D environment moving to it?

from what i read and seen, i don't believe there is anymore 3D movement in mk9...it's more of a mk1 and mk2 based so it's purely 2d plane. It shares the original 5 button layout as the first games...and there is a run button on the joysticks shown...but it is going to be used as a TAG button in mk9...but the tag button will just be a short cut button anyway...like two or three buttons together on the regular control layout. I may still get one of those top panels for the hell of it though

still debating if i should sign up for playstation plus so i can have the demo tomorrow....maybe i'll crack and do it so you might see mk9 demo at casuals on wednesday
    Heroes World
    Ok I'm in.

yeah...i'm having trouble with DPs as well! i find it easier if you actually go for the forward, down and then down/forward and not go to full forward motion
    MK9 is going to be sick, hopefully it will tear down the MVC hype, that game got more hype than it deserved .................

let's hope so! I love SF and capcom...but i think as a kid i was more of a MK fan...plus it'd be nice to see a purely north american game take the spot light in fighting games for a sec...also all the blood and bone breaking will make for some hype matches
    Heroes World
    I miss Friendships and Babalities
    auVJj5
    I only need the good ol' Fatalities. Tag team looks like an awesome concept.

lol plugged in the contraption the other night and had let it sit in vs mode of MvC3/SSFIV, it seems that something is buggy so it's throwing out random normals lol! It's either the 10+ year old PS2 pad or the converter from Arcade Power is truly doodoo. Nonetheless I think we gotta get Patrick the FC3 + dual mod/padhack option(I just noticed it has 4 triggers).
    i find it easier if you actually go for the forward, down and then down/forward and not go to full forward motion

Forward, Down, Down-Forward is the correct DP motion.
    My shoryuken motions are always connected:
    F, DF, D, DF
    Because of that motion, I tend over due the motion causing super jump cancel.
    I had to change my grip of my stick playing marvel. I'd like to test out a seimitsu stick and see how it feels.
    Put me in for both leagues.
    The ft10 matches between navi and me are up on my youtubes.

My acct name is chowwun...

Id link bit its too cumbersome on an iphone lol
    I had to change my grip of my stick playing marvel. I'd like to test out a seimitsu stick and see how it feels.
    Put me in for both leagues.

added. please see other thread for updates.
    auVJj5
    EndlessVideo - David Simon rants about New York

Something mortified showed me... perhaps this ought to be posted in the Barrie thread... LOL
    very nice.
    auVJj5
    Just tried the MK9 demo on jon's ps3. im not sold.

EDIT: and just to add it's not bias, SSF4 is more awesome, and i quit that game. maybe it's the weird layout on a standard arcade stick, AND that it's only a demo, but it feels like crap.
    Aside from the weird button layout, is there a type of MK audience that 9 is suppose to appeal towards? The last thing I played was MK vs DCU and I thought that was crap because combos were so choppy and special moves were either really unresponsive to hard to input.

Trailers looked good, challenge tower looked freaking insanely interesting.
    Just tried the MK9 demo on jon's ps3. im not sold.

EDIT: and just to add it's not bias, SSF4 is more awesome, and i quit that game. maybe it's the weird layout on a standard arcade stick, AND that it's only a demo, but it feels like crap.

haha...you played by yourself...with no sound and buttons not properly set!

Me and the other guys jammed it for a bit with all the proper stuff set up...game is a TON of fun! I may however be biased cause of my old school love for Mk...but i'll have it set up for casuals tomorrow to see what others think...the x-ray moves are so much fun...very easy to do though so i dunno if it will become a problem. I think the game is going for a noob friendly feel.

hope to see ya'll tomorrow for casuals!
    Heroes World
    You gotta have the oldschool mk layout for added goodness in playing MK.

Seems to me its more for those retro hungry adults who played this game when they were 10 in a stand up cab. Man those fatalities look sweet though
    I need dat twitter PSR
    So glad it's 2D gameplay again. Let's hope for new Fatalities as DLC to keep things fresh.
    auVJj5
    So glad it's 2D gameplay again. Let's hope for new Fatalities as DLC to keep things fresh.

$5 for a fatality! =)

If that's the case, $5 for a DLC character doesn't seem that steep anymore...
    brb making new custom sticks a-la MK9 layout.
    I need dat twitter PSR
    After today's league battles, i just wanted to reiterate that MvC3 is pretty broke. FUN. but broke.
    I hope there's a Capcom Vs. SNK 3 coming out soon.
    ggs last nite everyone! shoutouts to Chowwun and Badroc for picking up YRSF tees, thanks for the support.

Results are posted in the League thread, on Facebook, and on York Region Street Fighters
    auVJj5