MAS Systems Official Thread

Comments

• sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,079
    I just bought a slim case for my brother for $110 (that includes printing the custom art i made, and the case and shipping) bought it off ebay. I got doods email if you need it, PM me and ill give it to you.
  • mk master (503)mk master (503) I've lost my marbles Joined: Posts: 120
    yo u guys at Mas are hard to get a hold of I got an order I would like to talk with u over. I would like to order a p360 8button lay out ps2/ps3adapter/xbox360/xboxone/ convex buttons text or call 503-847-8965 . You guys make some of the best equipment around hope you'll return my call.!?
    U obey the fist!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    edited November 2014
    yo u guys at Mas are hard to get a hold of I got an order I would like to talk with u over. I would like to order a p360 8button lay out ps2/ps3adapter/xbox360/xboxone/ convex buttons text or call 503-847-8965 . You guys make some of the best equipment around hope you'll return my call.!?

Is that your Number? If so I hope you like Tella-marketers and prank calls.

MAS sticks are NOW sold at Arcade Shock
    http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/mas-system-pro-arcade-sticks/list.htm
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,561
    did you even look at tha tlink? they are all sold out and when i talked to arcade shock they said they arent making any more ever
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Darksakul wrote: »

...update MAS sticks are now sold on eBay
    eBay Store: MAS Systems | Items for sale

Confirmed this is Thao.

and

Confirmed one or two sticks come up for sale every other month.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • BrazilionBHBrazilionBH Van Dammit Joined: Posts: 381
    I live in hawaii and was wondering if i purchased a mini could you ship it in a flat rate box? It will fit if you take off the joystick top.Id accept full responsibility for anything that went wrong.
    Peter North has been known to ejaculate as many as many as 11 times...now thats out of control.
    edited November 2014
    ...update MAS sticks are now sold on eBay
    eBay Store: MAS Systems | Items for sale

Confirmed this is Thao.

and

Confirmed one or two sticks come up for sale every other month.

That old info now.

I live in hawaii and was wondering if i purchased a mini could you ship it in a flat rate box? It will fit if you take off the joystick top.Id accept full responsibility for anything that went wrong.
    I doubt they would
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,079
    just email Thao. He makes custom boxes for like 90$ just make some artwork and put it together yourself.
  • BetaWolfBetaWolf Eternal Lurker Joined: Posts: 168
    Can anyone tell me if MAS is still in business? Everything seems to have just gone silent from them since a year ago. Nothing on ebay, nothing on Arcade Shock, nothing anywhere. I'm looking to buy a decent case that fits Industrias Lorenzo parts, and can't find a damn thing aside from that crappy X-Arcade stick.
    Got one from MAS back in March through their official eBay account: massystems and had several PM's with Thao during the process so I think they're still around, try using the contact seller messaging feature in eBay if you haven't yet to reach MAS :smile:
    They are still alive?
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've had my original MAS like 15 years
  • nsdothacknsdothack Joined: Posts: 148
    edited July 2015
    Any idea where you can fine the 360 optical joystick that goes with the MAS? I have a friend that has one of these wood sticks and his directs are going out.
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,043
    nsdothack wrote: »
    Any idea where you can fine the 360 optical joystick that goes with the MAS? I have a friend that has one of these wood sticks and his directs are going out.
    Maybe eBay. Maybe the trading outlet here. Neither option is likely to be especially cheap.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    nsdothack wrote: »

I couldnt find any on the happ site. I'm actually bidding on one on ebay.
    Happ no longer sells the 360 optical joystick, at least not directly to customers
    So you have to go with sites like eBay
  • Jose23sotoJose23soto Joined: Posts: 2
    can i buy one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/262381942660

@Jose23soto here's one that needs a lot of TLC... but the price ain't bad.
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I suppose if anyone gets salty you can just quote to them, "By any means necessary."
    Taiki wrote: »

I suppose if anyone gets salty you can just quote to them, "By any means necessary."

I did say it needed some "TLC".

In its current state, I think all the directional inputs and buttons are mapped to FIERCE punch.

• steve14steve14 Joined: Posts: 61
    @Feargus001100 you're always on point with the great MAS finds, keep holdin down the fort :)
    67953751.jpg
  • Zabuza22Zabuza22 Joined: Posts: 189
    I may be interested in a mas
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    Zabuza22 wrote: »
    I may be interested in a mas

You're going to have to search eBay or the mvc2 Facebook group.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,561
    i may have some MAS for sale, but im in the process of getting a house so im not even ready to mail or package such a thing rn lol
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    @NickRocks post it when you get a chance. I'm not in a rush to get one
  • Dan_The_ManDan_The_Man FGC Hipster Joined: Posts: 65
    So maybe one of yall knows but what do the 1990/2000 stamps on either side of the stick signify? I've seen some with none, only on one side, or both.
    #KeepDreaming
  • Grand_Sage_MosesGrand_Sage_Moses Joined: Posts: 169
    Does anyone know if MAS went out of business?
  • steve14steve14 Joined: Posts: 61
    Does anyone know if MAS went out of business?

read previous comments. they've been gone for a while now
    I know where they live. I may take a drive down there. I feel bad tho because I only want to buy blank cases and not a full stick. I'm not sure how they will feel about that.
    I know where they live. I may take a drive down there. I feel bad tho because I only want to buy blank cases and not a full stick. I'm not sure how they will feel about that.

If you're going, say you'll get two of whatever you're picking up, and I'll buy it off you.
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,043
    For whatever it's worth the 'massystems' eBay account has shown recent, moderate activity. Seems they're mostly selling off computer parts and phone peripherals though.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 392
    didnt people use to call the store in SoCal back in the day?
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    noober2 wrote: »
    didnt people use to call the store in SoCal back in the day?

Yup. A lady would answer with kids screaming and crying the background while she took your order.

An American business you could be proud of.
    #KeepDreaming
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,156
    I think you can actually roll up on them and buy whatever they have in stock. I would have totally done it if I lived down there. I think some people in the marvel vs capcom 2 facebook group (LOL!) did this within the last year.

I'll see what's up. I would like to buy some blank cases.
    Ok so I'm really close to driving to this lady's house. I'm thinking this week end. Or does anyone have old mas cases
    Ok so I'm really close to driving to this lady's house. I'm thinking this week end. Or does anyone have old mas cases

Nope u going.

But we'll buy what u find.

Get out there Zabuza22, you're the hero we need! You could single handedly bring about a resurgence of interest in American sticks!
    #KeepDreaming
    Get out there Zabuza22, you're the hero we need! You could single handedly bring about a resurgence of interest in American sticks!
    That is at best a pipe dream.

if you want a real resurgence of American sticks you need to find someone active and willing to make the stick cases you need instead of casing the old MAS system stick makers who are probably retired in the scene.
    I apologize first of all for not being attentive to this thread. I live like 25 minutes away from the lady. I still remember how to get there. I didn't go because i think they are retired and also because I'm only interested in buying empty cases. Also she's getting old. I guess I can take a drive this Saturday. I have an open schedule. If I go I will try and work out a deal for like 4 or 5 cases. I want to keep two of them for me tho.

Another option is to find the case maker who works with wood and we can just give them the layout of the old Mas
    I apologize first of all for not being attentive to this thread. I live like 25 minutes away from the lady. I still remember how to get there. I didn't go because i think they are retired and also because I'm only interested in buying empty cases. Also she's getting old. I guess I can take a drive this Saturday. I have an open schedule. If I go I will try and work out a deal for like 4 or 5 cases. I want to keep two of them for me tho.

Another option is to find the case maker who works with wood and we can just give them the layout of the old Mas

Don't fret too much about it man, I understand rolling up on somebodies place unannounced would be uncomfortable. If you do go I'll totally take a mini MAS case if they have one. If not it's all good too I'll keep bumping my thread in the trade section and look on ebay.
    #KeepDreaming
    I actually found a wood worker on Craigslist. He does it all. I'm gonna contact him and ask him to build me some cases. I actually have an empty shell he can copy. I'll keep you guys posted
  • CapitalistixCapitalistix Joined: Posts: 47
    Do it! Revive good wuality american sticks! If I were a better woodworker Id definitely have tried already
    I swear @Darksakul posted a site a few months ago that sells unfinished MAS clone blanks.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Not quite MAS, but here's a empty case that has a somewhat similar style.

http://shop.harumancustoms.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=65

For $55 I expected t-molding to be installed, specially when the case is made from cheap particle board.

Oops sorry, it was actually @Darksakul complaining :anguished: about said seller.

Kudos actually go to @MonkeyGovernor for finding this.