Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (UMK3)

Comments

• EWAShockEWAShock (`~^.UMK3 Sucks.^~`) Joined: Posts: 835
    http://www.ultimatemk.com/dtz/tempmatt/umk3.nv put this file in your nvram folder
    www.kombatnetwork.com - 11 years of building the MK tournament scene
    testyourmight.com - the MK community
    www.ultimatemk.com - Your Source for UMK3 Competition
    Top 0.017% in ranked matches for UMK3 on XBLA
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    shock I fucking love u. full homo, with a gdlk cherry on top.

:lovin:

THANK YOU!!!
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • UbersaurusUbersaurus RIP Kinn "ROBOTRON" Joined: Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Went to 8 on the Break tonight, was saddened to discover the owner has rented his UMK3 machine to a Burger King in Clifton, NJ. About half a dozen players there for SSF4 who also wanted some UMK3 matches. I think UMK3 should be rented in various locations across the country. There needs to be one for every 100 square miles.

Really, a Burger King? I'd expect it if it were rented for the Digital Press game store in Clifton, since he's got some arcade machines there, but a BK...
    When someone asks if you're a god...say yes
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    Got this shit working smooth as a baby's ass on my computer. Been having casuals at my place. More people playing UMK3 than SSF4. Shit is too hype.

Holy fuckin shit, Reptile be cheating in this game. So is human smoke.
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
  • Kim Sue-ilKim Sue-il Call me JoJo! Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Whenever your playing the DS version online, just goto the lost stage 060-060 and you won't experience as much lag. And it sucks to hear that Shock.

Noob's stage, right?

I wish people would start playing Randper Kombat. I used to play that alot with a couple people from the old UMK forums. The South American RK viids were highly entertaining.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

UMK3/SFEX2+/JJBA: HFTF > other fighters
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Noob's stage, right?

Err yeah, Noob's Dorfen to be exact, the the names mixed up because of the music lol

And Randper Kombat is fun, I just find it hard to play when you keep switching characters and such. Also, JJBA is awesome, I played it with my friend a few days ago (even though we had no idea wth we were doing lol) but it was pretty fun.
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    How do you move immediately after doing an uppercut? I see it in vids bus I can't seem to do it myself

You cant unless you enter the code to get fast uppercut recovery, which makes the gameplay awfully stupid. (uppercut infinite anyone? no.)
    Went to 8 on the Break tonight, was saddened to discover the owner has rented his UMK3 machine to a Burger King in Clifton, NJ. About half a dozen players there for SSF4 who also wanted some UMK3 matches. I think UMK3 should be rented in various locations across the country. There needs to be one for every 100 square miles.

lame. As a matter of fact, there should be an UMK3 machine in every house that taxes are paid in. just saying.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Another way the recovery from the uppercut fast is when your uppercuts the final blow and it says "FINISH HIM/HER!" you can then run after them and hit them. Its pretty pointless though.
    Another way the recovery from the uppercut fast is when your uppercuts the final blow and it says "FINISH HIM/HER!" you can then run after them and hit them. Its pretty pointless though.

well.....yeah....

you can certainly go crazy on the uppercut that ends the match :)
  • NexeldNexeld Joined: Posts: 9
    LOL thanks a lot
  • GhaleonGhaleon Maximum Cammy Joined: Posts: 3,467

Also Ghaleon, where dem vids!?

I have them -- Phil said Juggernaut was going to make an FTP upload for UMK3? Just get at me guys -- these are just sitting on my cam and I can nab them whenever to upload! Definitely some fun, creative play in here

I guess it's because I remember MK being new, but I can't believe people complain about UMK3 looking "bad" or "aged". SFIV is one of the worst-looking fighting games I've ever seen and no one bitches too much who plays it. I still think the game looks and sounds pretty fucking awesome. How anyone can think MK uppercutting someone isn't bad ass, I'll never know.
    gdlkEnt - Season's Beatings Twitter:
    Season's Beatings Tournament Series - on Facebook
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Great fighter, definitely underapreciated or at least a tiny gamer knowledge base. I play on 360 live only, and the community on there is terrible for the most part. I tend to play with people from the friend list as much as I can and almost always have sweet matches. If anyone would like to play/learn with me, gamertag is firi808. I play after 6 pm Hawaii standard time (no DST here).
    I have them -- Phil said Juggernaut was going to make an FTP upload for UMK3? Just get at me guys -- these are just sitting on my cam and I can nab them whenever to upload! Definitely some fun, creative play in here

I guess it's because I remember MK being new, but I can't believe people complain about UMK3 looking "bad" or "aged". SFIV is one of the worst-looking fighting games I've ever seen and no one bitches too much who plays it. I still think the game looks and sounds pretty fucking awesome. How anyone can think MK uppercutting someone isn't bad ass, I'll never know.

Amen to that, Chris. Every word of it too.
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    lol no biggie. i love KI too but as much as I love it and miss it, playing it will quickly remind you how bad the game really is lol. But i feel you. I still love KI :D

Well I hear KI2 is pretty garbage from Dogface but K1 is legit. As long as its got Sabrewolf I'm cool with it...

Same here.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • OJuggernautOOJuggernautO Tyler "Juggs" Smith Joined: Posts: 512
    Great fighter, definitely underapreciated or at least a tiny gamer knowledge base. I play on 360 live only, and the community on there is terrible for the most part. I tend to play with people from the friend list as much as I can and almost always have sweet matches. If anyone would like to play/learn with me, gamertag is firi808. I play after 6 pm Hawaii standard time (no DST here).

Shoutouts to Hawaii playing UMK3! Get an offline tournament scene going!!
    For all things competitive MK, and all MK9 info, visit TYM.com! Link below.

www.TestYourMight.com

3rd....:rock:
  • EWAShockEWAShock (`~^.UMK3 Sucks.^~`) Joined: Posts: 835
    Chris, Styro is setting up the ftp, waiting for Phil to get the general usename and pass to everyone.

Also, my theory on the UMBK3 machine is someone from the store must have come into the Break, saw it, and made an offer to have it there. I think it's a good idea to be honest. I mean of course I'd rather have it at the Break, but it might not make much money there.
    www.kombatnetwork.com - 11 years of building the MK tournament scene
    testyourmight.com - the MK community
    www.ultimatemk.com - Your Source for UMK3 Competition
    Top 0.017% in ranked matches for UMK3 on XBLA
    i love 2d sprites
    Yeah I play on XBL. Though, I haven't been on due to my controller being broken. I use a MadCatz controller and they don't last long, terrible lifespan. I will get a new one soon and be back online, I hate this game online though, doesn't do the game justice!

www.TestYourMight.com
    I'm still up for some DS matches.
    "Opponents are happy when they're winning, when in fact they already lost. That is the Joseph Joestar way."

• ruskorruskor over here! Joined: Posts: 259
    so they take it off XBL?

to bad for you guys

(not for me since i can't even buy it in germany)

can't we get a mame room for us ? someone know how to do this stuff?

i would love to see UMK3 on GGPO
    "Your name's Zero? Hope you don't fight like one." - Captain America.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    i'm so bad at this game but i love watching tournament matches of it
    me too
  • ChiroToBChiroToB Joined: Posts: 139
    you guys should both hit up ultimatemk.com and learn how to play then... we def would help you and work with you.
    www.ultimatemk.com
    www.classicmk.com
    www.testyourmight.com
    Okay so when are the UMK3 online matches going down. Can we start an IRC room? EFNET THAT SHIT!!! :tup:

I have MAME Plus! Plus! 0.117 with unlocks ready to go and play online. So if anyone is down send me a PM or/and lets get that IRC up n running.

EDIT: I know UMK3 is prefered to be played on MAME32K, but for some reason I can get it to work 100%, and properties aren't allowed either. :confused: If someone could torrent a working MAME32K with UMK3 online/properites ready. That'd be like the best ever. :D
  • Arkayne17Arkayne17 Stop it meg. Joined: Posts: 2,857
    If you guys get MAME rooms runing Im definitely down for jumping on.
    @ArtofArkayne
    Character Designer / Concepter Artist / Illustrator
    i'm so bad at this game but i love watching tournament matches of it

Join the sites in my sig if you want to play with good players! It's fun watching this game at high levels but even MORE FUN playing it at high levels!

www.TestYourMight.com
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    How do you move immediately after doing an uppercut? I see it in vids bus I can't seem to do it myself

I think you're talking about dial-a-combo uppercut.

These are character specific, if they have a combo with an uppercut (Liu, H.Smoke, Rayden[Tril], Stryker, Kano, Kabal, ect) those recover fast enough to allow you to juggle, unless your opponent is too close to the corner, then you get "regular" uppercut recovery.

Arkayne; I put the MAME ROMS on Arcade Legends PC a while ago. Just have no clue what button does what for arcade (Button 1 = ???)

Oh. I brought my Trilogy. Derrick, McLovin and myself were having a blast. The crowd has pretty hype, although no one played. It was still cool that all those people were watching.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    you know what sucks about the MK scene?

they don't have a YouTube channel with match videos like FrameAdvantage or something.. come on people, be more visible!
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    you know what sucks about the MK scene?

they don't have a YouTube channel with match videos like FrameAdvantage or something.. come on people, be more visible!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUltimateMK

That's a channel AC (AnalCunt) the runner up at ECT2 in UMK3 has started, it already has a lot of match videos.

www.TestYourMight.com
  • snaeksnaek ihearthawthats Joined: Posts: 367
    Arkayne; I put the MAME ROMS on Arcade Legends PC a while ago. Just have no clue what button does what for arcade (Button 1 = ???)
    button 1 = hp
    button 2 = bk
    button 3 = hk
    button 4 = lp
    button 5 = lk
    button 6 = rn

so it looks like this:
      1   3
      4   5

or if you prefer a standard-style 6 button layout:
    1 6 3
    4 2 5

button 1 = hp
    button 2 = bk
    button 3 = hk
    button 4 = lp
    button 5 = lk
    button 6 = rn

so it looks like this:
      1   3
      4   5

1 6 3
    4 2 5

Nice info, I like how you set it up for the stick players. Good shit, added to first post.

www.TestYourMight.com
    button 1 = hp
    button 2 = bk
    button 3 = hk
    button 4 = lp
    button 5 = lk
    button 6 = rn

so it looks like this:
      1   3
      4   5

1 6 3
    4 2 5

Cool. I play PS or SNES layout pad for MK. I also use R-run and L-block, which is the opposite of most.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
  • ReXXXSopranoReXXXSoprano Triple Da G.O.D! Joined: Posts: 1,509
    What was up with the Saturn versions of UMK3 and Trilogy. I never see those brought up in any conversation and was wondering what's the deal on those ports.
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Anything on Saturn = good.

Its just people think they're too good to play/own a Saturn anymore.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
    Anything on Saturn = good.

Its just people think they're too good to play/own a Saturn anymore.

Just...nobody bought a Saturn. Secondly the games are 1000x harder to find than the PSX versions. Thirdly, no arcade sticks for stick users. Lastly, most of the reasons you'd want a Saturn are import games. At this time, I doubt anyone wants to fool with the effort. And with MAME, pretty much every game you'd have wanted on Saturn, you can play anyway.

On-topic:

is there anything you can do in MAME to get infinite health? I basically want the equivalent of training mode.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
  • snaeksnaek ihearthawthats Joined: Posts: 367
    is there anything you can do in MAME to get infinite health? I basically want the equivalent of training mode.
    yes, by running mame with a command line option of -cheat. you'll have to download a cheat.zip database (http://cheat.retrogames.com/). to enter the cheat menu, press tab (don't forget to also enable infinite time).
    My button layout is this, which is one of the reasons I enjoy 8 button layouts.

_123
    64_5

STREAM MATCHES WERE MEGA HYPE.

UMK3 >>>>>>>>> all other fighters. suck meh dick
    yes, by running mame with a command line option of -cheat. you'll have to download a cheat.zip database (http://cheat.retrogames.com/). to enter the cheat menu, press tab (don't forget to also enable infinite time).

Looks like MAME cant find it.

Mame 32k064 and also 32u901. Everything is set. ini enable cheat =1, cheat checked in UI, unzipped once into mame root, ect, ect.

I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Edit: Might need a different version of mame...
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play