Mid-Cities Thread (Midland-Odessa) Now with BarFights!!!

Comments

• ChairmanChairman Joined: Posts: 448
    Perhaps that was too much info? Anyways hope it helps the cause.
    Meh.
    Yay ranbats. Yo chairman do those 2 dudes have srk accounts? ya know dan and the other guy. Either way get them to start posting.

Not that I know of. I'll txt them and make sure they know where to go for the information they need. Other dude's name is Chase.
    Meh.
  • NekxNekx Joined: Posts: 1
    Other dude reporting for duty. Since school is starting next week, I should be able to make most of the meetings. Hope to see you fools there!
    So our venue host has jumped ship. The owner of Party Zone Clubhouse has decided that since we aren't playing on the not-so-good ps3 version of SSF4 (and hes a ps3 pad player), he is not interested in being a part of what we are trying to do.

Since I'm on the topic, I suggest everyone that hasn't made the switch from pad to stick begin to do so. No, you don't HAVE to play on stick, but you are putting yourself at a situational handicap whenever you attend tourneys elsewhere. Everything that you can play fighting games on, you can play with a stick... No homo.

So, we will be holding the ranbats and future events at Rakuen's and Sh!n's place until we can find another venue hookup, which I am currently working on. This also lets us do tourneys on Rakuen's awesome setup, so no lag excuses =D

Oh, and -- Now that we don't have to worry about Raul's schedule, perhaps we can change the ranbats to EVERY Thursday. Let me know what you guys think.
    Meh.
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,037
    Wow Raul doesn't wanna host anymore..... *sigh* well thats the fighting game tourney life i suppose. I am also down for every thursday which would be cool. I am trying to get another job though so we will see.

Once school starts I might be able to get the gamecage at OC to host our ranbats tourneys. I will probably be the vice prez of the gamers club here. However they can't run too late. Also if we do this I would suggest people make donations, it doesnt have to be much really just something would be nice and it would secure the gamecage as a place for us to play because the cage doesn't make money we can only take donations.
    Anyways I cant guarantee this but I will bring it up at a meeting.

Does anyone like this idea?

Also, ya guys to play on a stick its good for you.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    agreed you need to get off that bottle and start playing on stick with the big boys...*cough cough* rick
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • TheWiseSquirrelTheWiseSquirrel Joined: Posts: 4
    ...is it that hard to spell my name right?
    Hands off the panda!
  • Kyle HydeKyle Hyde ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA Joined: Posts: 267
    ...is it that hard to spell my name right?

what are you talking about Wick?
    Never doubt the powers of weapon space.
  • TheWiseSquirrelTheWiseSquirrel Joined: Posts: 4

Silence.......Jewabara.
    Hands off the panda!
  • Piercing DarknessPiercing Darkness Joined: Posts: 11
    About time I finally found the Midland-Odessa thread
    About time I finally found the Midland-Odessa thread

Finally......

On anouther notice its been suggested that the thread name be changed so throw me some suggestions and if I come across a cool one Ill change it.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
    I will be thinking
  • Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Piercing Darkness VS Drew at Mvc2, make it happen
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
  • Kyle HydeKyle Hyde ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA Joined: Posts: 267
    I will be thinking

i think thats a great name for a thread title

on an unrelated note, you sound pretty dark Piercing Darkness.
    and i too think you should fight Drew at Mvc2

loleth
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Next Ranbats are going to be held on 8-28-10

Hello all, due to school starting up and the busy schedules of the hosters, the next round of ranbats is going to be held on Saturday, August 28th at 8:00 pm. The tourny is going to be held at Rakuen's house. The address is 1106 E 52nd St in Odessa. There is a big parking lot across the street where you'll park. Make sure to tell everyone who isn't on this board! See you guys Saturday. :cool:
    Meh.
  • Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 492
    Finally......

On anouther notice its been suggested that the thread name be changed so throw me some suggestions and if I come across a cool one Ill change it.

Team Mid-Cities. Am I right Chairman?

~JACKPOT~
    XBL: C88 Starwin

USF4: Sakura, Poison
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
    Jojo's ASB: Dio Brando
    Drew VS Piercing Darkness first to ten at Marvel for $5000.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Midcities sounds ok but what does are area go by besides, permian basin, odessa-midland, or hoe-dessa. However I think Maybe If we called it "The Oil Patch" It might be cool.

Flames in the Oil Patch (Odessa-Midland Thread)

Any Takers?
    Drew VS Piercing Darkness first to ten at Marvel for $5000.

Ok ill set it up for $5000. Oh u mean a moneymatch....
    Midcities sounds ok but what does are area go by besides, permian basin, odessa-midland, or hoe-dessa. However I think Maybe If we called it "The Oil Patch" It might be cool.

Flames in the Oil Patch (Odessa-Midland Thread)

Any Takers?

oil palace something

or battle in the blizzard
    Not dark at all Kyle Hyde. The Light shall Pierce The Darkness. So me and Drew on MVC2 huh?
    Umm how bout Dust in the wind or The Sun shall rise?? Since the only views of west texas we have are Dirt and great sunsets
    Are we gonna have any other games at ranbats any time soon?
    come on dont let this thread die
    come on dont let this thread die
    You worry to much....

Continuing on... Dust in the wind is cool. You could put a spin on it (pun intended) and call it dust devils. Lol.
    Do we really have time or more equipment to add more games to ranbats?

Let me go ahead and throw this out there, Absolute Battle 2k10 what are everyones plans? I know you wanna go chairman. Im thinking if we pooled our resources. It could be a lot cheaper. Start the discussion. Who wants to go?

Also take into consideration future events. The more of us that go the more often we could probably go.
  • Fury XFury X GORO WINS! Joined: Posts: 436
    Sup Guys just giving you a heads up of whats happening in Chuco-town and your all invited to
    http://www.kacolandia.com/rampage1.jpg

The more comp the better so it be awesome if you can attend
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    ^^^ Thanx for the invite
  • MuucowMuucow Joined: Posts: 5
    I think Mid-Cities or Midessa works, some of the stuff sounds a little to..generic with the oil, tumbleweeds, lots of dirt etc. It should either be something that's simple and catchy or straight to the point, imo.
    i think the name is fine already
    I say we all stop fighting about the name of the thread and just let the tornado kill us off.
    8-3-2004

We're keeping the ranbats every other weekend.

Next ranbat will be held Sat. 11th.

And you're right I do want to go to AB2k10. So much that I am. I already have a car full. Probably going to end up being more than that. Anyway, yeah if you guys want to get people together and meet us up there that would be fantastic. Last time Sh1n and myself ended up with 4 people going altogether.

AB doesn't mess around though lol. Those guys are good. However, that's why we go... to get our asses kicked and see how (at least for those of us that went last year) much we've gotten better.

Also, katari, you should post when we have ranbats on the first post, so people don't have to read the whole damn thread to find out what's goin on.
    Meh.
    @Chairman
    Done!

Also the thread name has been changed. MEOW!!!
    want go to ab2k10
    and you shoudnt have changed the title it really doesnt matter
    Step 1. Don't shave face
    Step 2. Bum ride to AB2K10
    Step 3. Find the Dallas scene, live in a cardboard box and panhandle change to play all day
    Step 4. Somehow, still despise SSFIV even though I've allowed it to ruin my life

I've got this shit, guys.
    8-3-2004

AB2K10 is in Dallas, not Houston. Here's a link to their thread. Copy-paste that shit.

www.shoryuken.com/f7/%5B11-5-~-11-7%5D-absolute-battle-2k10-@-dallas-tx-$1000-ssf4-bonus-249361/

There's a $1000 bonus pot for top 3 at AB. Just a little initiative there =D

And I just found out El Fuerte can link a fucking standing short after his tortilla throw. Haven't had time to mess with it. I will tonight though.
    This sucks, cuz god knows I get thrown by that alot. And if he can link his super afterwards... X_X. fml
    Meh.
    so yeah about the whole playing different games at the ranbats, ever gonna happen?
    so yeah about the whole playing different games at the ranbats, ever gonna happen?

Proooobably not.

If we do, It will be a modern game. Only hope of an older game would be 3rd strike... But that's not going to happen.
    The first will probably be KOF13. Its turning out to be really good and pretty difficult -- you have to actually try to pull of combos... imagine that.
    Other than that, and you're looking at the only other game; Blazblue, which is also a pretty damn hard... no, it is, it IS damn hard

Theres barely a scene here for SSF4, let alone anything else. Except fucking SSBB ... god that game shouldn't be a fighting game. Eh, to each their own.

And tekken will be the last game lol... well, right before SSBB of course.

Srry for the hating of Smash Brothers. but srsly fuck that game imo
    Meh.
    dammit i guess that means we will never see Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for the sega genesis at the ranbats
    Proooobably not.

If we do, It will be a modern game. Only hope of an older game would be 3rd strike... But that's not going to happen.
    The first will probably be KOF13. Its turning out to be really good and pretty difficult -- you have to actually try to pull of combos... imagine that.
    Other than that, and you're looking at the only other game; Blazblue, which is also a pretty damn hard... no, it is, it IS damn hard

Theres barely a scene here for SSF4, let alone anything else. Except fucking SSBB ... god that game shouldn't be a fighting game. Eh, to each their own.

And tekken will be the last game lol... well, right before SSBB of course.

Srry for the hating of Smash Brothers. but srsly fuck that game imo

yeah i wanna see blazblue.

when does kof13 come out on console

and what are you talking about you actually have to pull off combos there are plenty of combos in kof

i think we should play 2002 or ultimate match when it gets out for xboxlive
    HD Remix is a modern game.
    8-3-2004