Mid-Cities Thread (Midland-Odessa) Now with BarFights!!!

Comments

• Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 492
    So I just finished my last tournament at A-Kon 23.

I came 1st in AE 2012 and both SF x TK tournaments.

OD successfully represented
    XBL: C88 Starwin

USF4: Sakura, Poison
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
    Jojo's ASB: Dio Brando
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,099
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    also if you haven't eaten this you don't know what good is

Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,037
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • WindalfrWindalfr Moe is cancer Joined: Posts: 1,859
    im down if have ride

need all the experience that I can get man, evo just around the corner :eek:
    starwin, chairman, You guys still down, right ? I hate to keep bugging you fellas but I really need to know so I can make hotel arrangements accordingly and know how much I'll need to split with you two.165094d1332916843t-super-street-fighter-4-ps3-pogchamp.png
    We are not going to EVO this year sadly. Didn't register in time, so we are planning other trips instead.

Also Anime Fest is the same weekend as UCC Dallas David.

We are not going to EVO this year sadly. Didn't register in time, so we are planning other trips instead.

although i am super rusty at the moment i'll probably enter
  • ChairmanChairman Joined: Posts: 448
    I hate you ian.
    Meh.
    although i am super rusty at the moment i'll probably enter

Then lets get together and play. I really need to start practicing AE again. I've honestly been playing nothing but SFxTK, so much actually that I have 16,000BP on Saw's account and 11,000BP on mine.

So I definitely need a break from cross tea cans.

cross tea cans lol

quite the opposite for me. nothing but marvel and AE... mostly marvel ( I guess final team is Strider, Dante, Vergil) but I'm burnt out.
    the slower pace of AE feels so refreshing atm. hell, I'm even plinking in my combos now. need to work on dat neutral game.
    I'm down to play. Lemme know when.
    Meh.
    Then lets get together and play. I really need to start practicing AE again. I've honestly been playing nothing but SFxTK, so much actually that I have 16,000BP on Saw's account and 11,000BP on mine.

most of the time i'm down to play
    so if anyone wants to all you have to do is text me
    i feel like i did surprisingly well tonight
    i feel like i did surprisingly well tonight
    Same, I came home really happy. Glad to see I'm really stepping my game up :D
    You should learn better Doom combos

Wait like august 31st??? or a different anime fest?

Damn. I just barely got like 5200 BP. I didn't play any fighting games for like 3 weeks though.
    I hate you ian.
    What??? Why??!
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
    Bad news
    Not sure if I can make it to EVO. This morning one of my dogs, the bigger one, was hit by the bitch across the street. She would've shrugged it off, evaded and denied it too if it wasn't for this guy right behind her truck that stopped and told me it was her. How the fuck do you miss a 40 lb dog white as day infront of your own god damn driveway.
    but yeah. took her to the emergency vet, got some xrays done, some stitches/staples applied and some meds. took 550$ upfront. Said to call primary vet monday morning to ask about potential surgery and charges/payment plans which who knows how much that'll be if she needs it.

I get two more checks before EVO (about 1000$ total) but who knows if I'mma be working. I called in today IN ADVANCED, approx 3-4 hours in advanced saying I may not make it in today because of this whole fiasco. The manager I spoke to said it was fine and that she'll tell the nightshift manager and his dumb ass called me a while ago leaving me a message saying shit like Corporate is gonna be here on tuesday or some shit and we had a lot to do and me not being there tonight is a huge bind etc etc and I need a doctors note, etc. NIGGA DID YOU EVEN HEAR WHAT I TOLD THE OTHER MANAGEMENT. I have papers of receipts and what they did to her today and my time there, I have proof im not just bullshiting. If I went there right now I'd reek of the smell of her blood when I was handling her.

I NEVER call in, I've been called in to make up other peoples shifts before. I never even called in the week my other recent pup had passed. The one time I need to is an emergency and they bring this shit up on me? I'd make it there right now if I could but no one else is home and I'm the only one home that can watch the dog to make sure she doesn't move around too much, doesn't stand, etc. If I leave for 5 second or even go to the bathroom she starts crying in pain/fear. I have no clue what to do or what's going to happen when I enter tomorrow.

If I get fired, I can't go to evo
    If the surgery is necessary AND there is no payment plan I can work with (iono, theres this pet medical plan I can subscribe to that pays my bills and I pay them in payments?), I can't go to evo

I'm sorry guys, I really want to represent us here in OD, all the commitment I put and all the sleep I had given up just to improve, but I just don't know whats going to happen

I already have a flight saved, but if those worst case scenario approaches I'mma have to give it up. It's a big 50/50 right now
    Bad news
    Not sure if I can make it to EVO. This morning one of my dogs, the bigger one, was hit by the bitch across the street. She would've shrugged it off, evaded and denied it too if it wasn't for this guy right behind her truck that stopped and told me it was her. How the fuck do you miss a 40 lb dog white as day infront of your own god damn driveway.
    but yeah. took her to the emergency vet, got some xrays done, some stitches/staples applied and some meds. took 550$ upfront. Said to call primary vet monday morning to ask about potential surgery and charges/payment plans which who knows how much that'll be if she needs it.

I get two more checks before EVO (about 1000$ total) but who knows if I'mma be working. I called in today IN ADVANCED, approx 3-4 hours in advanced saying I may not make it in today because of this whole fiasco. The manager I spoke to said it was fine and that she'll tell the nightshift manager and his dumb ass called me a while ago leaving me a message saying shit like Corporate is gonna be here on tuesday or some shit and we had a lot to do and me not being there tonight is a huge bind etc etc and I need a doctors note, etc. NIGGA DID YOU EVEN HEAR WHAT I TOLD THE OTHER MANAGEMENT. I have papers of receipts and what they did to her today and my time there, I have proof im not just bullshiting. If I went there right now I'd reek of the smell of her blood when I was handling her.

I NEVER call in, I've been called in to make up other peoples shifts before. I never even called in the week my other recent pup had passed. The one time I need to is an emergency and they bring this shit up on me? I'd make it there right now if I could but no one else is home and I'm the only one home that can watch the dog to make sure she doesn't move around too much, doesn't stand, etc. If I leave for 5 second or even go to the bathroom she starts crying in pain/fear. I have no clue what to do or what's going to happen when I enter tomorrow.

If I get fired, I can't go to evo
    If the surgery is necessary AND there is no payment plan I can work with (iono, theres this pet medical plan I can subscribe to that pays my bills and I pay them in payments?), I can't go to evo

I'm sorry guys, I really want to represent us here in OD, all the commitment I put and all the sleep I had given up just to improve, but I just don't know whats going to happen

I already have a flight saved, but if those worst case scenario approaches I'mma have to give it up. It's a big 50/50 right now

My deepest sympathies. That's a very tragic situation, it's really irritating knowing people will just hit something and run away in broad day light. I really hope your dog ends up making a full recovery.

Remember there is always next year for EVO, taking care of your dog should be your number one priority.

I've gone through the same shit man. Bitch ran over my giant bulldog and broke her pelvis :( never found the person, but at least you know who did it. Some people are monsters.

Take care of your dog. EVO will always be around. If it turns out you can't make it, you can enjoy the stream at my place.
    Meh.
    Well if this negative stuff is still the last topic might as well keep it going.

My dad isn't doing well and I basically don't have any answers to why. Please keep him in your prayers. He deserves it.
    Meh.
    Well if this negative stuff is still the last topic might as well keep it going.

My dad isn't doing well and I basically don't have any answers to why. Please keep him in your prayers. He deserves it.
    I'm sorry about your dad, I'm sure he's a great man. I hope for the best for him and your family.

As far as my dog goes, I think she'll be fine. She's only getting better and it apparently surgery may not be required. It's painful to see her trying to stand up to go relieve herself but she's a strong dog (6-7 month old lab, about 40 lbs)

So I may still be able to go to EVO if my calculations are right. I may be able to just afford the flight with this next paycheck (and hopefully the first night), and the paycheck after arrives the same friday as EVO which will go to hotels/food.

hope he gets better
    David, Daigo says Evil Ryu his one of his more inexperienced match ups. go kick his ass
    HOLY SHIT GOTTA GO TO JAPAN AND BE #1

2lkgX.gif?1
    So i couldn't sleep last night got kinda bored and decided to share my video game correction
    one day i hope to have a collection the likes of which the world has never seen the likes of which.

HNI_0033.jpg

EDIT: far left stack is my to play stack

HNI_0034.jpg

and finarry the best game eber

HNI_0035.jpg
    you just makin fun of me cuz i only have like 5 games BibleThump.png
    also Cammy's recovering quite well!
    She's just as happy and playful as ever
    a5c8lv.jpg
    Sweet lets play E.T. ....wait.. nvm.
    also Cammy's recovering quite well!
    She's just as happy and playful as ever
    she'll be canon spiking in no time
    and sawyer you should let us know when your dad gets better
    Just wanted to stop by and say, even at high level play, the new VF looks like shit.

On a real note my dad is looking great. If we can keep his lungs clear and build some strength in his legs he'll be out in no time.
    Meh.
    Yeah, VF looks so damn boring... it always has. I like how ambitious it is though for a fighting game, but man that shit is just so unappealing.

glad to hear your dad is doing good, btw!
    If you have ever seen Shun in VF5 he's absolutely broken. He uses a drunk style of martial arts so he has the ability to drink and gain more moves to his arsenal. Well after a KO you can get like 4 or 5 drinks in before the next round which is bs.

Shun is strong character without drinking but he's deadly when he has 20 drinks under his belt

I actually used to play VF4 for the ps2 a bit. It was a long time ago but I remember more or less how it was. I remember playing as this chick with those oriental parachute pants....? and long black hair she had a giant jumping "DIVEKICK" of sorts.

Looked it up her name is Aoi.

I need to play someone in real life. Online matches are so boring sometimes. I am off my hiatus.

Macho Man Voice:
    OHHHH YEAH!!!!!!
    I am off my hiatus.
    i'm not i need something new to play just finished ff12.

I'm practicing less and I'm playing other games again.

Just beat Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Really solid game

Haven't had time to play anything ={
    Meh.
    demon's soullllllsssssssssssssssssss
    i'm currently playing megaman battlenetwork 1 trying to get all the chips and fight bass god i love this game.

anyways my to play pile consists of
    blix the time sweeper
    dragon quest 8
    thief deadly shadows
    enchanted arms
    xeno saga
    sly cooper
    zack and wiki
    nightshade
    baroque
    zelda 1+2
    arc rise fantasia
    darkcloud 1+2
    fatal frame 2+3
    silent hill 4
    custom robo
    zone of the enders 2
    persona 4
    ivy the kiwi
    final fantasy 13
    tales of the abyss
    tales of vesperia
    radiata stories
    grandia 2+3
    red steel 1+2
    pikmin
    elebits
    baten kaitos
    shadow hearts
    don't play ff13 lol.
    Ummm ya games. I have them.

Its all about Startropics.
    Lollipop Chainsaw is fun. I like it haven't had an experience like it since viewtiful joe. Short and sweet with good replayability.
    Mario golf, F-zero X, Mario Tennis. Good multiplayer games.

I have piles I guess but I generally play my singleplayer games until I am done. Except for Zoda's Revenge, Uncharted 2, Dmc3, and FF8. They are all packed up though.

Right now its SFxT, Lollipop, Mario Tennis and F-zero X. Mario golf is around but I just got done unlocking stuff. So mostly SFxT.

David most of those games listed on your thing are like rpgs probably lasting 80+ hours.... geez. See you in 6 months but by then your new list is gonna be filled with disgea, star oceans, and some other FFs.
    I think I figured out the most annoying team to fight in SFxT.

Guile/Hugo