Mid-Cities Thread (Midland-Odessa) Now with BarFights!!!

Comments

• Kyle HydeKyle Hyde ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA Joined: Posts: 267
    So I was reading Fist of the North Star and I was like holy shit its Gill19.jpg

And it made me think of all the other characters in the Street Fighter universe that look like rip offs of manga characters.

Akuma looks like Nosferatu Zodd from Berserk.
    0.jpg
    Guile looks like Rudolph von Stroheim from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    stroheim2.jpg
    Rose looks like Lisa Lisa from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. She even uses her scarf the same way. I swear Roses ultra 1 is ripped straight from a panel in the manga.
    lisa-lisa.jpg
    And Dictator looks like Washizaki from Riki-Oh
    washizaki.jpg

Theres probably more but these are the only ones I noticed from the mangas I've read.
    Never doubt the powers of weapon space.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,064
    i don't see it
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 492
    Yuda is such a homo, all he can DO
    Is dick ride the best character in the entire series.
    XBL: C88 Starwin

USF4: Sakura, Poison
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
    Jojo's ASB: Dio Brando
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,037
    nintendo_power_star_fox_cover.jpg

ya starfox characters have metal legs

Edit: my bp is up to 6600. Yay Im beating A ranks!!!!
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • ChairmanChairman Joined: Posts: 448
    Yuda is such a homo, all he can
    Is dick ride the best character in the entire series.

You accidentally a word.

Also the TV is here and my dad is looking to come home within a couple of weeks. EVO at my house is a go.
    Meh.
  • WindalfrWindalfr Moe is cancer Joined: Posts: 1,842
    yooooooo found myself in the brackets lol... even though I can't go, it's still pretty damn fun finding myself
    in the same pool as 801 Strider and Mr. Kof in AE2012. http://shoryuken.com/evo2012/brackets/ssf4_e11.html

SFxT... I'm in the same pool as Arturo Sanchez, and 801 Strider AGAIN? lol : http://shoryuken.com/evo2012/brackets/sfxt_k24.html

I couldn't find myself in MVC3 :( I'll give it another look. NVM FOUND IT: http://shoryuken.com/evo2012/brackets/mvc3_h10.html just a bunch of would've-been dead bodies
    Also, I can bring my Laptop and connect it with HDMI. It can play 1080p if it's available, so yeah, you won't havta move your desktop around?
    yay more bad news i fucking wrecked my car because i'm an idiot. front end looks fucked their car doesn't look like i even hit them.
    it runs my dad says it looks like so far it's just the radiator that needs to be replaced plus body work.
    so i wont be able to go to animefest anymore good bye money.
    at least it isn't as bad as my first wreck.
    may post pics later
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Damn that sucks dude :/ If you need bumper work or whatever, one of my closest friends makes that shit look easy. He can also paint if necessary, just lemme know
    my car is kinda low and their vehicle was high so my bumper is alright my hood however is the one that took the shaft after hitting them from the back.
    does he do any other sorts of body work?
    He might, I'll ask
    He said he has to look at it, I'm asking him right now when his next day off is.
    alright thanks
    Are you off available thursday? I'm off, and my friend is off
    my car is kinda low and their vehicle was high so my bumper is alright my hood however is the one that took the shaft after hitting them from the back.
    does he do any other sorts of body work?

Playing ur DS in the car huh??

Sry I couldn't resist. That sux...
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
    Are you off available thursday? I'm off, and my friend is off
    i'm only off on fridays and saturdays :/
    i'm only off on fridays and saturdays :/
    wut time you go in?

not only is this guy just sight reading he's also improvising while he does
    So the highest stream quality for evo will be 720p but it has to be payed for. I don't mind covering that at all, and again, my laptop has gdlk video output + HDMI port to any tv with it. :D
    So the highest stream quality for evo will be 720p but it has to be payed for. I don't mind covering that at all, and again, my laptop has gdlk video output + HDMI port to any tv with it. :D

Sounds good. how much for 720p? Also my comp is already hooked to the tv through hdmi, but your laptop probably runs better than my '06 desktop. We'll try out both.
    Meh.
    Iono, like 12 dollars iirc.
    When is Evo anyways this weekend next weekend???
    Weekend after.
    so what does everyone think about all this infinite tech?

personally i am loving it
    shit is gay and you're very homosexual for loving it.
    But I'm a Strider/Vergil player though, I got loopz what do I care
    I say every charcter in marvel needs infinites. Bring back the THC glitch!!! KFC FTW!!!

Anyways on a curious note. I keep practicing my combos you know and I get bored and switch to some other combo which ends up screwing me over on timeing later on. Anybody got some kind of feng shui when doing combos to make it less boring when reptition is key? Just wondering.

Headphones and music arent cutting it.... Maybe I need a book on tape? Hey I could learn spanish and get my combos into my muscle memory at the same time.

Sus combos son débiles. ¡Fuera de mi casa!
    Listen to a podcast or a livestream. Maybe of like a tournament or something. Archives, even. Old EVO's for example. I do this occasionally, it helps a lot.
    Or I just listen to stuff like these

I would pick music I think would suit a combo video well... then practice the combo over and over and find where it fits perfectly at a point of the song ( even if you're not making a video, just something fun to think about).
    I used to make videos, and I'm one hell of an editor. I'm certified in Adobe programs like Photoshop/Premier/Aftereffects thanks to some special classes I took during school.. I should have the certificate somewhere, but yeah. I do wanna make more videos...

also

• Kyle HydeKyle Hyde ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA Joined: Posts: 267
    tumblr_ltrto9cPJh1qmdgk6o1_r1_500.png
    Arthur rules and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts is so much fun.
    Never doubt the powers of weapon space.

you guys mad
    so is there gonna be any alcohol when we watch evo?
    if so we should have a drinking game for it.
    like say everytime someone shoryuken fadc ultras
    or someone makes a come back from 20 percent health
    or someone gets perfected

someone should help me add on to this list
    Yes. There will be alcohols.
    Meh.
    I think im gonna get Saturday off this week so I can watch a good amount of evo. I totally would get wasted!!!
    I WILL DRINK ALL THE SODAS AND ARIZONA JUICE
    I WILL DRINK ALL THE SODAS AND ARIZONA JUICE

No pressure.
    Meh.
    HA does you tv have pip (pictures in pictures) we can have our own setup in the corner of the screen!
    Yes tv have pip. Tv good. Pip good for watch tv.
    Meh.
    GET... FUCKING...HYPE

YOOOO WHAT AM I WATCHING
    I DON'T CARE THAT SHIT LOOKS MADDD HYPE DansGame.pngDansGame.pngDansGame.png

fucking love Cyberconnect2's art style.
    Jonathan Joestar... Jotaro Joestar... Gyro Zeppeli...

Everyone go read JoJo's right the fuck now