Mid-Cities Thread (Midland-Odessa) Now with BarFights!!!

Comments

• kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,037
    I think Ranbats is finally really coming together. I think weve reached a good amount of serious players (hopefully more will appear). Ive actually been really willing to play more SSF4 lately. My new found stretchy shall overcome.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • ChairmanChairman Joined: Posts: 448
    Hey guys, I had a blast out there at the ranbat. GGs all. Chairman, I'm coming for ya, bro. I cracked the code with Cody a couple times, I can do it again, haha. And Cole...

...you're definitely the Sakura player out here, lol.

The code is always changing bro. Looking forward to it.
    Meh.
  • Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 492
    Hey guys, I had a blast out there at the ranbat. GGs all. Chairman, I'm coming for ya, bro. I cracked the code with Cody a couple times, I can do it again, haha. And Cole...

...you're definitely the Sakura player out here, lol.

Thanks. Always happy to fight a fellow Sakura user.
    XBL: C88 Starwin

USF4: Sakura, Poison
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
    Jojo's ASB: Dio Brando
    I just wanna say thanx guys for coming out to the tekken touranament @ OC. We all had a pretty good time. More importantly if all of us keep putting into the scene the more we will get out of it. Look how many people we found just from this dinky thread.

Congratulations Chairman for winning you cheating bastard. Good Job!!!
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • Sh!nStarw!nSh!nStarw!n Sakura of the Southwest Joined: Posts: 492
    Tekken 6 Is a fighting game?
    XBL: C88 Starwin

USF4: Sakura, Poison
    SFxT: Rufus/Law Law/Paul
    Injustice: Superman, Solomon Grundy
    Jojo's ASB: Dio Brando
  • P.Y.TP.Y.T Joined: Posts: 282
    Well it had finally happen, Absoulte Battle 2K10, will be having a Mvc2 tournament:

Venue: $25
    Mvc2 entry fee: $10

The Main Event MM is: Toan vs PYT For 5k FT7.

Come join us at this Texas Mvc2 Major Tournament.

P.S. I'm trying to put together a $200 pot bonus for Mvc2.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,098
    Well it had finally happen, Absoulte Battle 2K10, will be having a Mvc2 tournament:

Venue: $25
    Mvc2 entry fee: $10

The Main Event MM is: Toan vs PYT For 5k FT7.

Come join us at this Texas Mvc2 Major Tournament.

P.S. I'm trying to put together a $200 pot bonus for Mvc2.
    -_- .
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Lol at the fact that this emoticon is saying "Mah boiiii" over and over.:annoy:

Ranbats are this Saturday and we lost drew. Apparently went to Washington?? good luck to him.

Hopefully the guys I met are coming this time. Carson (the guy) told me they were all tied up last weekend. I'm expecting maybe 3 of them.

Aaaaaaand im pretty stoked over the 5k MM for mvc2 going down at AB2k10. Should bring alot of hype.

MAH BOI MAH BOI MAH BOI :annoy:
    Meh.
  • Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Drew didn't go anywhere, due to some unfortunate circumstances...

I probably can't do ranbats that often, but rest assured...I can't leave Texas for awhile.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Drew didn't go anywhere, due to some unfortunate circumstances...

I probably can't do ranbats that often, but rest assured...I can't leave Texas for awhile.

You try to leave and it sucks you right back in... like an overzealous prostitute.
    yo adrian if you are reading this we are totally down to play today just let us know if you can and we will head over there
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    So i lost mah phone. Had it at ians and didnt get to my next destination with it. So either at ians or brians truck. let me know if u find it plox
    Meh.
    So i lost mah phone. Had it at ians and didnt get to my next destination with it. So either at ians or brians truck. let me know if u find it plox

Its @ my house. I found it this morning I will bring it to ranbats.

On a side note I had a crazy dream.
    I went to a bath type thing (like turkish bath) and was watching a movie on screen then soon after I met Miley Cyrus who was fighting with some other girl about idk. Then miley tried to have sex with me I told her no (she is like 15 i think??) anyways the fight began to escalate into a big confrontation between man and underwater hell creatures. The human people sacrificed this guy (some jock like Lebron James or somethin) to begin a competition. The first thing was the fight between two huge crab monsters. Then it was fighting games where they must have been playing a game like mvc2 where 3 wolverines was the best team....

See ya at ranbats!!!!

Edit: Wait Miley is 17!!! Thats legal in Texas!!!... I have crazy ass dreams...
  • Kyle HydeKyle Hyde ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA Joined: Posts: 267
    so how about that Modok?
    Never doubt the powers of weapon space.
    so how about that Modok?

MvC3 is gay
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    MvC3 is gay

no just modok is gay
  • P.Y.TP.Y.T Joined: Posts: 282
    Reminder!

Absoulte Battle 2k10 is coming soon! Nov 5-7. You don't want to miss this Texas Major.

Venue fee: $25 " covers all 3 days "

also Mvc2 will be there and we changed the console, Mvc2 will be played on DC we have setups already, so just bring ur A-Game.

The Tournament Fee for Mvc2: $10

The Main Event MM in Mvc2: PYT vs Toan FT7 for ??? Bragging Rights!! The Amount is between Me and Toan.

Don't miss this event cuz it's gonna be KrAzY!!! Everybody come rep ur City in Mvc2!!
    no just modok is gay
    Well when the only sexual option he has is giving head....

He could take one massive c**k. Lolz
    Fierce, Fierce, Fierce, Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

Perhaps this is what's wrong with your Abel game. You might want to rethink your order.

also

:annoy:
    Meh.
  • ShenlongBoShenlongBo Joined: Posts: 67
    Ah fuck I wish I had been keeping up. Let me know when ya'll wanna come out again, and I'll pay attention this time. Mah bad.
    Well when the only sexual option he has is giving head....

He could take one massive c**k. Lolz

I fucking shot beer from my nose when I read that.
    8-3-2004

Perhaps this is what's wrong with your Abel game. You might want to rethink your order.

also

:annoy:

Wash, Fierce, Fierce, Repeat, Fierce, Rinse..... RINSE!!!!

I lack time. I need better mix up. I need to have more efficiency. I could definitly use some better execution as well, with Abel and SSF4 in general. Once again I lack time.....

*needs to play Blazblue more*
    Ah fuck I wish I had been keeping up. Let me know when ya'll wanna come out again, and I'll pay attention this time. Mah bad.

its cool we can probably play some more whenever ian is done being busy so like tuesday
    Anybody watching (watch) the seasons beatings stream???
    OK well I guess not then.^^^

Anyways Im finally free. I have completed 2 tests and my speech so im ready to play some matches.
    OK well I guess not then.^^^

Anyways Im finally free. I have completed 2 tests and my speech so im ready to play some matches.

1st rule of seasons beating you don't talk about seasons beatings
    This thread is ass (This thread is SOOPA ass)
    8-3-2004

Noooo i posted super long entry and it signed me out and now it's all gone =( i'll retype everything at lunch today. =(
    Meh.
    Noooo i posted super long entry and it signed me out and now it's all gone =( i'll retype everything at lunch today. =(
    Lies. Its 5 o'clock your either eating a late lunch or have a lengthy essay for us. Jk
    Thats my least favorite thing about forums. If you plan on typing something long you better copy it before you post because it might log you out. I think it took me 2 tries to transcribe TVC Zero's corner rape from a video, in the tvc threads. Probably took me 30 minutes......
    This thread is ass (This thread is SOOPA ass)

well for one it does not have plasma and two it has not a teleport
    so i would have to say i agree with this statement
    It turns out I forgot. Ever forget anything? Happened to me.

So, a lot of the stuff I was going to stay is no longer valid. Ranbats is going on today though, so everyone get their shit together so we can have a decent turnout. Someone who has Adrian's number should give him a call.

Just got through watching the USA vs World 5v5 match. Crouching fierce into super WUT :nunchuck:. Even Sabin was like :amazed:

If you saw the match, and want in on shit like that, get to AB2k10. IDK if they'll have a team tourney for SSF4, but they did last year. In which I distinctly remember getting OCV'd by a fucking vanilla sagat player. Hope that brings back terrible memories for Shin.

Plus, you can eat Smash Burger... If you don't know about this gdlk burger, you're missing out big time.

And we might invite you to our secret hideout of free beer and sake :lovin:
    Meh.
    Not gonna make it to ranbats i have a party scheduled.

Hey david you should read Buktooths tips. Specifically number 4. You tick throw slut.
    It turns out I forgot. Ever forget anything? Happened to me.

So, a lot of the stuff I was going to stay is no longer valid. Ranbats is going on today though, so everyone get their shit together so we can have a decent turnout. Someone who has Adrian's number should give him a call.

Just got through watching the USA vs World 5v5 match. Crouching fierce into super WUT :nunchuck:. Even Sabin was like :amazed:

If you saw the match, and want in on shit like that, get to AB2k10. IDK if they'll have a team tourney for SSF4, but they did last year. In which I distinctly remember getting OCV'd by a fucking vanilla sagat player. Hope that brings back terrible memories for Shin.

Plus, you can eat Smash Burger... If you don't know about this gdlk burger, you're missing out big time.

And we might invite you to our secret hideout of free beer and sake :lovin:

i ffff ing love sake
  • Jam BonneJam Bonne Throw sum D's on it! Joined: Posts: 56
    Hey Doods,

I'm a player out of Levelland (Panhandle area), not too far from Midland/Odessa. I saw sum of you guys are going to AB2k10 on their thread. We have 4 solid players here in town and have been to a few tourneys in Dallas over the past year. We will be @ AB2k10 and it would be cool to talk to some of you over there.
    Send me a message/PM about it.

Peace,

Jam
    - "Friends Sing Together" - Flight of the Conchords

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram!!! @JamPeaceLive
    Man I really wanted to play last night.... Damn school, I should just drop out, never get a job and play fighting games forever!!!!
    Man I really wanted to play last night.... Damn school, I should just drop out, never get a job and play fighting games forever!!!!

thats the smartest thing you've said since you've been in college
    So Ranbats didn't happen last weekend. Well I guess without me and david that only makes a two to three person bracket..... Maybe we should just have get-togethers somewhere???? Like weekly fight sessions. Ya know Team Odessa training day every Sunday from 2 to 8 or somethin. Just suggesting ranbats organizers.
    So Ranbats didn't happen last weekend. Well I guess without me and david that only makes a two to three person bracket..... Maybe we should just have get-togethers somewhere???? Like weekly fight sessions. Ya know Team Odessa training day every Sunday from 2 to 8 or somethin. Just suggesting ranbats organizers.

Good idea, I'm down. The thing is there is no incentive for people to come. I guess there doesn't need to be. People who love the game will play regardless and those are the ones who will get better. Maybe "get-togethers" are what we need. Anyone else who likes this idea speak up.
    Meh.
    i second this
    Hmm i wonder if there's any sweet venues that would host??? a place with a tv, drinks and food???
    I wouldn't be surprised if this would work out, businesses like to have groups that show up weekly that guarantee some business for them.