Bison's Q&A Thread: Ask here before making new threads!

laudanum09laudanum09 Pax BisonicaJoined: Posts: 1,165
This thread is for short, simple, beginner's, and miscellaneous questions, not to mention whatever might be on your mind like "does Bison have pupils in SF4?" There are a lot of new Bison users since SSF4 launched and we're getting an influx of unnecessary new threads. Questions like 'What do I do after a blocked scissor kick?' are absolutely legitimate and perfectly good questions, but they can be answered in stickied threads, other threads addressing the same issue, or are too short and simple to spur any lengthy and meaningful discussion. I browsed some other character specific forums and it looks like we're one of the only ones to not have a stickied Q&A thread. I already tried to make one before, but hopefully this one does the trick.

Many of the other O&A threads use it as a hub for other stickied threads and also update the first post with relevant questions that have been answered and although Psycho Fundamentals has a lot of good info in the first couple posts, it seems like it's not going to get updated anytime soon. I'll just go ahead and reserve a few posts in case people want me to compile a full on Q&A. Take a look at some of the other Q&A threads in the character forums and see if you guys want me to update later in a similar vein.

If your question can be answered in these stickied threads, go there first! Not sure? Don't hesitate to ask whatever is on your mind here! Also, if you're having trouble finding your answer through the search function or are not feeling up to wading through posts to find something, use this as a quick alternative!

Important/Stickied Threads:

Bison Combos

Match-ups & Strategy

Bison Frame Data

Psycho Fundamentals

Psycho Punisher Uses

General Punishing

Bison Videos

Bison Video Criticism

SSF4 Bison Hitboxes

Bison Option Selects

Community Games

SRK Bison Directory
Why settle for mere money...every Bison dollar will be worth 5 British pounds. That is the exchange rate the bank of england will set once I kidnap their queen.

Comments

• laudanum09laudanum09 Pax Bisonica Joined: Posts: 1,165
    Re-served
    Why settle for mere money...every Bison dollar will be worth 5 British pounds. That is the exchange rate the bank of england will set once I kidnap their queen.
    Served-Re
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This thread is top tier.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • Rune WalshRune Walsh Joined: Posts: 16
    A+ thread

I was trying to use the Search Thread dropdown to search the matchup for any posts on Ryu and I guess it will always say no results if the search term is only 3 characters. This might help others wanting to do this, go to settings and set it to show up to 10K posts per thread and use your browser's find option. I was able to answer my question doing this
  • egotismegotism A Renaissance Man Joined: Posts: 44
    This thread does Dictator and his enthusiasts justice.

If I may say, I don't approve of the "use the search" advice because in my opinion, it sucks. I'm talking about the search engine of course.
    ^ Me too, the search function is weird as hell. I went to the Sagat forums asking about safe tiger knee loops to see if they were still viable and when I put it as 'display as posts' all that came up was threads. maybe I'm missing something but shouldn't it have come up as posts, just like I checked off on the advanced search options? Weird.

I honestly only made the thread because I got jealous browsing other ones. It's not like theirs are any neater but at least they have a Q&A thread!

BTW I made an avy like yours a long while ago! Psycho Raiden Shot FTW! Too bad they didn't give him a Raul Julia Bison outfit as his alt, cape and all. I don't know if it was on purpose but The XBoX live battle menu has a skinny faced Bison and he looks a lot like an SF4, cartoonish rendition of Julia!
  • RyboyRyboy t'was Tues... Joined: Posts: 751
    lol laud your thread isnt working.... :(
    SSF4 local>>>>>>>>>>Online
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    Why do I feel like stickying this thread will get this LESS views? Its like they all skip the stickied threads and if there question isnt answered in the first 3 threads, they make their own topic.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
    All the Bison's in here that know wtf they are talking about should bouqot any thread that is made that is definity answered in one of the stickies. Maybe if we don't acknowledge the threads they make they will figure it out quicker...
    you know i thought about that too. if they ignore the stickied threads to begin with, why would they bother with a Q&A one?

I noticed something about the other character forums too. They all have Q&A threads stickied at the top but have their abundance of unnecessary threads as well. It's just pointless I guess.
  • liluokeliluoke dE=Q+W Joined: Posts: 467
    i think it's cuz the front page of stickies don't have all the basic info they are looking for. the problem w/ stickies is that the person who makes it is under a crapload of responsibility to keep it updated with all the info at the front page, but of course it's not possible. people do tend to read those long guide stickies i think. the truth is alot of the answers that aren't on those front pages are buried in those 20 pages after the front pages, and everyone is just too lazy to look at it all. and i think the search function of srk is fucked up sort of too, so it makes the problem even worse.

anyways not that i'm saying that useless threads are okay. i just think the above reasons are why it's happening. it might help if our "bison fundamentals" page was updated a bit with some recent strategy or just some basic answers to these common questions on the front page. after all, answers to "what should I do after a blocked sk", or "what are bison's standard b&b mixups" really should be on the front page of the fundamentals anyway.

anyways, since this is Q&A.... one question i had was that a while ago someone posted up how to safejump ryu and other 3 frame moves with the jumping hk. has anyone been using it consistently? wonder why i don't even see it in any matches on youtube, or maybe i've just been missing them. has this setup been working on other new characters that have similar srk reversals on wakeup?
    Q=CV V=Ed C=kEoA/d PE=1/2QV

me: dude gouken is basically an akuma, it's just that he dies to akuma
    niten: he died because he forgot how to srk
    ^ you cant safe jump the shotos except sagat,

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233923
    but you can space and time your jump in fierce to BEAT Ryu's reversal DP's of all strengths. not trade, but flat out BEAT. Shit RULES. if you get it down, it's free pressure off of throws and IMO it's easier to setup than regular true safe jumps.
  • liluokeliluoke dE=Q+W Joined: Posts: 467
    no no, check it out here: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232049

it's off of a back throw after stepping back, making use of some of the hitbox properties of the j.hk and a very meaty attack. credit to zeno
    Q=CV V=Ed C=kEoA/d PE=1/2QV

me: dude gouken is basically an akuma, it's just that he dies to akuma
    niten: he died because he forgot how to srk
  • NDRWPNDYNDRWPNDY ALLCAPS Joined: Posts: 707
    but you can space and time your jump in fierce to BEAT Ryu's reversal DP's of all strengths. not trade, but flat out BEAT. Shit RULES. if you get it down, it's free pressure off of throws and IMO it's easier to setup than regular true safe jumps.

wait, wait... beat as in Bison's attack hits Ryu out of DP, or beat as in Bison's attack makes Ryu's DP whiff?

As a sidenote, I fucking HATE safe-jumping off a forward throw. I get inconsistent results because I find myself unable to reproduce the stupidly specific walk required to safejump. I know that you gotta like, walk forward until Bison's feet just about come together. But if they come so close together that they touch, Guy is Hurricaning you or Balrog is nailing you with EX Upper. And if they don't come together enough, you're whiffing your jump-in and your opponent is tripguarding you. Shit is a finnicky bitch.

Really? I didn't know this! Hmmmm how do I go about practicing this in training mode so I can practice and get a feel for it? does this also work for his EX DP?
    Makes EX DP whiff.

In Vaniller, this setup used to BEAT as in STUFF, completely hit Ryu's lp DP when he was still on the ground allowing you to complete a combo. I forget what exactly happened against strong DP but I remember some weird stuff. Fierce and EX DP's would WHIFF entirely, allowing you to throw again and set up the jump yet again. In Super however, I have yet to figure out a way to make it like vanilla. Instead, all DP's get beaten clean but RESET. So you hit their reversals absolutely clean but not when they're grounded so they do the flip in the air. 100 percent guaranteed. The EX DP just whiffs.

If they do nothing you hit and can continue pressure.

I should make a video but I don't have the tools to do so. My advice would be to setup training mode so that you are Ryu and Bison is the dummy. Record Bison doing a forward throw, hold forward and allow Bison to walk a bit, maybe about a cycle and a half so Bison will close his legs as he gallops, then open, then when they begin to close again, jump. You want to time your jump so it hits them on the TIP of their head. So as EARLY as possible. There are timings/spacings for this setup that might beat lp DP and fierce DP but not mp DP. There is a universal setup though and will beat all three.

I'ts very easy once you get it down but you're going to want to practice every so often so you don't get rusty on it. It's a very important tool. I believe it works against Ken to some extent as well. I think it's just a trick of spacing and timing plus hitbox interaction but very very useful. Remember you want to hit the top of their heads as they rise, but when you're up in the air and about to push the button they'll be in the middle of their wakeup animation. you need to approximate and learn the spacing.
    ok thanks laud I'm gonna get on that ASAP...
  • DemDaggersDemDaggers Joined: Posts: 59
    Is there a trick to landing a combo then fadc and continue the combo? I can't seem to keep my combo going most of the time I fadc.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    it's just really good timing

to be honest, i have only landed it like 4 or 5 times in an actual match (but it was awesome each time)

try using cLP
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    Is there anyway to punish Fei Long's chicken wing other than s.hk? The match up section said "Chicken wing is slow enough to hit on reaction for slightly above average players" but when I used s.hk it would trade normally if I didn't press it right away.
    you can focus it too, depending on how far away he uses it.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

• Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,460
    Is there anyway to punish Fei Long's chicken wing other than s.hk? The match up section said "Chicken wing is slow enough to hit on reaction for slightly above average players" but when I used s.hk it would trade normally if I didn't press it right away.

Fry that chicken with Ex Pc mayne!
  • DrybonesDrybones Joined: Posts: 95
    I think a user named zeno posted some theory that the s. roundhouse vulnerable hitbox had changed making it better for AA. Looking at the recently posted hitbox pics I'm not sure I buy it. Has anyone figured out for sure whether this is true?
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Supposedly it's exactly the same as before (according to one theory). However, Kim1234 has told me that most of Bison's pokes' ranges have been slightly nerfed such that certain things aren't possible anymore. I don't remember if he was talking specifically about st. hk, but I know he mentioned cr. lk and cr. mk.
    check out the hitbox discussion thread. take a look at the list of links in the first post of this thread and it's a few from the bottom.

i dont remember all the details of the discussion but it is a sure thing that the vulnerable hitbox around bison's head has decreased in size. I believe more significant changes have been made with cr.fierce however. Not only is the vulnerable hitbox smaller, but it has a larger hitbox and while the total number of frames (startup, active, recovery) is the same, there was some sort of discussion revolving around the size of the hitbox being larger or something during the beginning active frames. something like that. not sure 100% on all of that, but it should be all in that thread thur.

and my two cents: from what I can gather, if we're talking JUST hitboxes and not startup/active/recovery (very important factors), Bison's best anti-air is cr.fierce. I can write up a pretty chunky paragraph detailing why in the hitbox thread if you want, but you can probably just figure it out the same way I did by just analyzing the hitboxes. remember empty green lined box: vulnerable. the solid boxes aren't significant, it's just like his 'mass' or an area that you can't pass through.

EDIT: SmokeMaxx, yeah I noticed some nerfs too. It feels like cr.mk got the most recognizable nerf along with st.roundhouse losing horizontal range. It seems like I've got to be significantly closer to hit crouchng opponents than before even though that was a trait of st.rh in vanilla too. cr.mk feels like it whiffs a lot more now. this is unfortunate, but to be certain that it's not a placebo effect, you can just compare the hitboxes yourself.
    Yuck, cr. mk definitely got nerfed? As I've been mostly in arcades and get home pretty late, I haven't really touched the Super I brought over. Ugh, by playing Bison in arcades I've learned the value of cr. mk and to have it nerfed is definitely disappointing.
    i didnt say definitely, but to me for sure.

I still use it like a shoto would use his cr.mk sometimes, usually sticking it out into empty space. It's a really good ground poke for sure, but it's not brainless like the shoto cr.mk (he's getting near me, I'll just push this win button). I resented that commentator's statement from NCR that said Bison has 'easy mode' footsies. It's the kind of stuff you hear from people that have that exaggerated attitude towards the power of st.roundhouse, another move that requires brains to use properly. Thinking you can just walk into that range and start pushing buttons and stuff things is just retarded. BTW st.far fierce, st.far mp and cr.mp are all pretty damn decent too, underused and underrated.

On paper, the hitbox composition on those moves are arguably better than st.forward and st.rh, just like how st.close fierce is better than st.roundhouse on paper. Obviously a bit different in practice, but not enough experimentation with those other normals to really see what they can do. I find that st.far fierce is above average for counter hits whereas st.mk is just a really good whiff punisher because of its speed and reach. Cr.mp is also something that is really good for sticking out into empty space because of its hitbox and range. I've used that to outpoke Sim when I'm outside of his limb's reach and same with Rufus' cr.fierce (I think it's fierce, the stupidly long horizontal poke) from almost full screen.

On another topic completely, I'm wondering how your experience of Japan is going so far? I personally LOVED it when I went there and I could go on and on about how much a measly two weeks (but 3 hours of play a night!) improved my game, but I wanna hear what the competition there is doing for your game. When you get back, let me know because I want to see how it has affected your game and overall development. If you aren't noticing a big difference now, when you go back home I guarantee there will at least be one or two areas of your game that have obviously improved. For me though, since Super came out in Korea, I've made an oath to never play vanilla Bison in the arcades. I don't even think I need to explain why, but "that wouldn't have happened in Super" is just a phrase I'd imagine coming up in my head over and over and it'd drive me insane lol.
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm 99% sure crouching Light Kick also had a slight hit box reduction OR some characters attackable hitboxes are actually shorter than what their model is displaying (feet)
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • ryeyooryeyoo Gotta sell drugs Joined: Posts: 134
    I've noticed this too, with certain characters especially. I don't know if characters like juri just have deceptive hitboxes though.

On another note, what are the motions to get out an ultra 1 and 2 on crossup, I never got the hang of it from vanilla for 1?
    ryeyoo just delay the button presses when they cross over
    so do the ultra normally, but hit KKK once he's crossed u over

• ryeyooryeyoo Gotta sell drugs Joined: Posts: 134
    ryeyoo just delay the button presses when they cross over
    so do the ultra normally, but hit KKK once he's crossed u over

The auto correct thing's never really worked for me, which is why i'm wondering.
    In order to punish a full screen fireball with bison warp do I have to be psychic or can I punish off of reaction?
  • NDRWPNDYNDRWPNDY ALLCAPS Joined: Posts: 707
    In order to punish a full screen fireball with bison warp do I have to be psychic or can I punish off of reaction?

Psychic.

Don't do it.
    Risk not worth the reward I'm assuming.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    How do you block Bison Ultra 2 when he is close to you? I tried holding back to block when I'm close to Bison and he does his Ultra 2, but Bison Ultra 2 jumps to the other side and ends up getting me. Should I hold forward instead of back when I see his Ultra coming out (when I'm close)?
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,810
    How do you block Bison Ultra 2 when he is close to you? I tried holding back to block when I'm close to Bison and he does his Ultra 2, but Bison Ultra 2 jumps to the other side and ends up getting me. Should I hold forward instead of back when I see his Ultra coming out (when I'm close)?

Yep, you block the other way when he jumps to the other side of you. You also have to block high.

Though, your best option is to jump up and stuff him in the air, if possible.
  • DoctorWho3kDoctorWho3k Got the tools of survival Joined: Posts: 315
    This may be a silly question but how do you keep a charge after a focus attack and dash in? I just can't get it to work I've been trying to to do the HPxxPC dash after a focus and just cant get it to work what's the trick?
    AKA Remy, if you see me on live and want to play just shoot me an invite.
    Mains
    Marvel:Nova,Frank,Wesker (attempting vergil, zero) SF4:Gief, Bison MK: Jax SCV:Pyrrah SFXT: Bison,HUUUUGO
    This may be a silly question but how do you keep a charge after a focus attack and dash in? I just can't get it to work I've been trying to to do the HPxxPC dash after a focus and just cant get it to work what's the trick?

You have to input the dash command slightly earlier and get a headstart on the charge time. You can play with the timing, but generally you can input before the focus attack hits, and the dash will still come out, though not immediately. It's weird at first but you'll get used to it.
  • JapotsJapots Joined: Posts: 144
    as soon as you release MP+MK, push forward twice and hold back asap. You don't have to wait for Bison to retract his arms before doing the dash motion.

By buffering the dash command early, you get enough charge to bust out PC after cl.HP
    to add to what japots said there is also timing on when you should tag them with your fierce punch, I like to use the crouching motion as my visual cue to hit the the fierce punch. By this I mean once you focus (get the crumple) and dash in, if you use down back to gain your charge back instead of just straight back. Then you will see Bison crouch as soon as possible after he dashes, once you see this if you have buffered your charge right (hit back quick enough after the dash) then that should be a perfect visual cue to combo s.hp>PC/SK.

Hey guys I'm thinking this vid belongs here because I have a question about it... the reason I ask is because this Abel had 4000PP and I thought of this shinanigan just cause its always fun to do something new. But what I want to know is, if its a viable tactic against players as long as they aren't shotos?

The shinanigans start at 57 or around there...
  • immastomponchuimmastomponchu Joined: Posts: 67
    quick question on who can punish on blocked ex-pc in the corner? i know charas like claw, makoto, viper, and guy can. (i can't think of more on the top on my head right now.)

also, which charas does the pc cross-up work best for? i know guile is for one.
    **mashes teleport at full screen**
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,460
    Yo is the Aki Fukuoka (SSf4) on PSN the same Aki@Fukuoka?
    quick question on who can punish on blocked ex-pc in the corner? i know charas like claw, makoto, viper, and guy can. (i can't think of more on the top on my head right now.)

also, which charas does the pc cross-up work best for? i know guile is for one.

This is a list of characters who can punish escape EX-PC:
    http://shoryuken.com/f260/ex-psycho-safe-reversal-guide-228571/
    ^I'm not talking about escape EX PC. What I'm talking about is waiting until they stand in the corner off of a knock down, and then from that distance in the vid I posted, throwing an EX PC. Then using that for mixup, and the question was if it was just that specific player, or is a legit mixup and if it is against what characters is it useful agaisnt?
    On another topic completely, I'm wondering how your experience of Japan is going so far? I personally LOVED it when I went there and I could go on and on about how much a measly two weeks (but 3 hours of play a night!) improved my game, but I wanna hear what the competition there is doing for your game. When you get back, let me know because I want to see how it has affected your game and overall development. If you aren't noticing a big difference now, when you go back home I guarantee there will at least be one or two areas of your game that have obviously improved. For me though, since Super came out in Korea, I've made an oath to never play vanilla Bison in the arcades. I don't even think I need to explain why, but "that wouldn't have happened in Super" is just a phrase I'd imagine coming up in my head over and over and it'd drive me insane lol.
    The competition here is great. I'm always at Shinjuku Sportsland in Shibuya and I've seen a lot of top grandmasters play (Neurosis, TKD, TUC, Fuudo, PPN, and the list goes on) as well as notable Masters (Kim1234, etc.). Obviously I can't hang with them when they're playing seriously, but I'd like to think that I can hang with some of the regulars here. When I first got here, I pegged myself in the 10k BP to 15k BP range, but now I think I'm close to beating people in the 20s to 30k BP. So I definitely feel like I have improved, although I still have most of the same weaknesses, just slightly better covered up (one of which is that I'm scared to anti-air a lot of shoto jump ins because I'm tired of flat out losing to j. rh).

But yeah, I'm anxious to go home and see how much I've improved. I definitely feel a lot more knowledgeable about the game (frame traps, when the opponent is likely to get hit by EX Headstomp, matchups) but I'm curious if I'm still as susceptible to the same BS from the regulars that play me everyday at home as I was when I got back. For the life of me I always eat Balrog's crouching jab even when we're at neutral frames.
    I finally got the hang of the Fpxxpc from focus! When I first did it I was so happy I did a jig. So I've been practicing this and the J.mk, Cr.lp, C.lp, Cr.MkxxSK, hell attack to ultra, and I'm aware of the LkX3 Sk even though I'm ass plinking. And I've been trying do do the Pc cross up but failing pretty badly, does it need to be Ex? Also what other BNB should I work to add to my Bison arsenal?
    Mains
    Marvel:Nova,Frank,Wesker (attempting vergil, zero) SF4:Gief, Bison MK: Jax SCV:Pyrrah SFXT: Bison,HUUUUGO
  • ragvalodoreragvalodore so crispy Joined: Posts: 234
    I finally got the hang of the Fpxxpc from focus! When I first did it I was so happy I did a jig. So I've been practicing this and the J.mk, Cr.lp, C.lp, Cr.MkxxSK, hell attack to ultra, and I'm aware of the LkX3 Sk even though I'm ass plinking. And I've been trying do do the Pc cross up but failing pretty badly, does it need to be Ex? Also what other BNB should I work to add to my Bison arsenal?

i think you mean j.mk cr. lp cl.sp sk. Also, you don't need to plink cr.lk * 3 to sk. I know it seems hard at first, but since its the same move three times, once you get the rhythm it's really not that hard. And no, the crossup actually shouldn't be EX, it's fierce, if you're talking about the setup after a scissors knockdown.

You should really get the cr. lp, cl. lp, cr. lk/mk link because it is pretty much bison's only truly airtight blockstring. Meaning that most other combos you do can be reversal shoryu'd on block.

Another good combo to do is cr. lk cr. lp * 3 to scissors. This is because the lp loop is airtight and the fact that it is a 4 hit string as opposed to bisons other 3 hit strings (cr. lk * 3, ct. lp cl. lp cr.mk) gives you good mixup. This means that when you do blockstrings, it really keeps the opponent on their toes about whether you will continue the string or throw.
    Is the Sp in the j.mk cr. lp cl.sp sk a strong punch? If so I couldn't get it. And you were totally right about the 3Lk once I got a rhythm I got it, only once or twice but hey it's a start. I'm getting that cr. lp, cl. lp, cr. lk/mk and the focus HP cancel, hell to ultra down finally. And MAN that cr. lk cr. lp * 3 to scissors is brutal I couldn't get it crouched, I got some of it standing but is that no good? Also for the cross up PC will the computer block it no matter what in training? If that's the case if they get turned around does that mean you did it right? Thanks in advance you guys have been crazy helpful.
    Mains
    And I've been trying do do the Pc cross up but failing pretty badly, does it need to be Ex? Also what other BNB should I work to add to my Bison arsenal?
    PC cross up is easy. Just knock them down in any fashion and PC as they're getting up. It takes like 3-4 tries to get the timing down. It doesn't matter which one you use although obviously light punch is slower than fierce punch is faster and you can adjust the punch relative to the timing. Also, the biggest B&B is cr. lk x3 -> scissor kick because of its versatility. You can really get to a high level using just this combo, though as you get better, obviously the other B&B is great too (cr. lp -> close standing lp -> cr. mk -> RH sk or fp PC) or some variation of that.
    i think you mean j.mk cr. lp cl.sp sk. Also, you don't need to plink cr.lk * 3 to sk. I know it seems hard at first, but since its the same move three times, once you get the rhythm it's really not that hard. And no, the crossup actually shouldn't be EX, it's fierce, if you're talking about the setup after a scissors knockdown.

You should really get the cr. lp, cl. lp, cr. lk/mk link because it is pretty much bison's only truly airtight blockstring. Meaning that most other combos you do can be reversal shoryu'd on block.

Another good combo to do is cr. lk cr. lp * 3 to scissors. This is because the lp loop is airtight and the fact that it is a 4 hit string as opposed to bisons other 3 hit strings (cr. lk * 3, ct. lp cl. lp cr.mk) gives you good mixup. This means that when you do blockstrings, it really keeps the opponent on their toes about whether you will continue the string or throw.
    This one isn't bad, though cr. lk x 4 -> scissor kick isn't uncommon. Also be aware that after the j. mk, you can be shoryu'd. I forgot if this is on block AND on hit, but definitely be careful on block.
    Is the Sp in the j.mk cr. lp cl.sp sk a strong punch? If so I couldn't get it. And you were totally right about the 3Lk once I got a rhythm I got it, only once or twice but hey it's a start. I'm getting that cr. lp, cl. lp, cr. lk/mk and the focus HP cancel, hell to ultra down finally. And MAN that cr. lk cr. lp * 3 to scissors is brutal I couldn't get it crouched, I got some of it standing but is that no good? Also for the cross up PC will the computer block it no matter what in training? If that's the case if they get turned around does that mean you did it right? Thanks in advance you guys have been crazy helpful.

cl. sp is close standing punch and it's a light. As for being able to do the combo standing... how do you do 4 crouching moves in a row standing? The computer blocks everything in all block, but I'm not sure what the rules are for auto-block. I guess if you do it too soon after knock down, it'll block it on auto just because of the rule it has (if too soon after previous non-comboed attack, block all). If they turn around to block, that means you did it right.