Bison's Q&A Thread: Ask here before making new threads!

Comments

• ShadolooDollShadolooDoll Joined: Posts: 2,932
    Never ever posting a question in here again. No one answered shit.

But I WILL answer one question

I jump in a corner to bait out the wall jump punish

El Fuerte does not have anti airs does he? In fact, I play random vs him because he is a character that needs reads.
  • grouchy_grouchy_ gt: GrouchyBusiness Joined: Posts: 170
    ^lol why you mad?

Against the akuma teleport try to anticipate it and do regular psycho crusher, the slide OS is also a good tool see > against El Fuerte don't make it obvious that you're waiting on him to fuck up to punish...space his tortilla splashes and you can focus them...also, jump back fierce and roundhouse work well
    favorite bison players:
    1) Dogura/IkomaDevil
    2) Neurosis
    3) a.k.a jojo
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,810
    Fuerte has a bunch of AAs. Cr.hp, guacamole leg throw, air throw.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    Fuerte has a bunch of AAs. Cr.hp, guacamole leg throw, air throw.
    I guess if his opponent isn't stopping him from jumping, he can do it as much as he likes until his opponent proves otherwise. Guacamole leg throw has a 7 frame startup for the light version and it kinda just gets worse for every version from there.

Edit: @SniperNightOwl After a jump in when you confirm a hit, why don't you finish it off with a combo into heavy scissors for guaranteed damage?
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,496
    ^lol why you mad?

Against the akuma teleport try to anticipate it and do regular psycho crusher, the slide OS is also a good tool see > http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Q5fsAxku against El Fuerte don't make it obvious that you're waiting on him to fuck up to punish...space his tortilla splashes and you can focus them...also, jump back fierce and roundhouse work well

How did he Ultra 1 threw that block string? did the murder face screw up or is it not a true block string?
    cr.mk xx fb isn't a true blockstring for any of the shotos except for ryu/e.ryu. you can reversal through it if you read they're going to do it.

even in ryu's case, if he does it from max range, you can also reversal through it, because the fb won't hit on the first frame. that's how ryu combos cr.mk xx (non-ex) fb ->fadc u2
    I guess if his opponent isn't stopping him from jumping, he can do it as much as he likes until his opponent proves otherwise. Guacamole leg throw has a 7 frame startup for the light version and it kinda just gets worse for every version from there.

Edit: @SniperNightOwl After a jump in when you confirm a hit, why don't you finish it off with a combo into heavy scissors for guaranteed damage?

Yeah, usually do however if I feel my opponent is getting antzy, I will end in stand hk because people have a tendency to mash something out after that and I get a punish or a grab to safe jump. I even did that in a tourny before vs a Seth. I have no idea why some people dp or ultra or whatnot after I do that.

But yeah guarantee damage is the best. Against a good player, I wouldn't be doing that.

As for jumping, I did get him to burn meter but if it's not recommended I won't do it. Was feinting reverse. And this Fuerte was letting me disrespect him, so why not?

Thanks for answers.
  • grouchy_grouchy_ gt: GrouchyBusiness Joined: Posts: 170
    -m16ghost

Dogura is the reason why I went back to U1 against shotos lol....also, U2 throws my game completely off and I can's concentrate trying to wait for a fireball to punish.
    favorite bison players:
    1) Dogura/IkomaDevil
    2) Neurosis
    3) a.k.a jojo
    -m16ghost

Dogura is the reason why I went back to U1 against shotos lol....also, U2 throws my game completely off and I can's concentrate trying to wait for a fireball to punish.
    cr.mk xx fb isn't a true blockstring for any of the shotos except for ryu/e.ryu. you can reversal through it if you read they're going to do it.

even in ryu's case, if he does it from max range, you can also reversal through it, because the fb won't hit on the first frame. that's how ryu combos cr.mk xx (non-ex) fb ->fadc u2

oh SHIT. why didnt i think of this?
    You can use U2 to reversal through also, it just hits a little less hard. But yeah at least U1 is also a lot less strict if you ever happen to catch an opponent with j.mp.

Dogura does some neat stuff in the corner. For example, in that vid against Tokido, he will do jab jab, walk back, cr.mp (buffer) HK scissors. He's knows the spacing where cr.mp will whiff if the opponent doesn't press anything, but if they do press a button, cr.mp will catch them and cancel into HK scissors.

If you ever see a Ryu do what seems to be a raw cr.mk xx super, it's the same idea.
    @ 0:37, when some1 times a focus like that what are my options? I don't recall what I tried to do but it obviously didn't work. Played at 4 am lol

Warping in place with 3 punches, would that be best idea? If not please tell me. Could I have held up and jumped?

• stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    @ 0:37, when some1 times a focus like that what are my options? I don't recall what I tried to do but it obviously didn't work. Played at 4 am lol

Warping in place with 3 punches, would that be best idea? If not please tell me. Could I have held up and jumped?

I've seen Ryu's using lvl 3 focus as a meaty as well. Never really found a good answer besides try and jump if I had no meter. Still get hit but he gets nothing just the FA dmg
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • SonOfSpardaSonOfSparda This place shall become your grave! Joined: Posts: 258
    ... warp away, backdash, ultra, some ex moves maybe grab..
    SSFIV AE: M.Bison (Dictator), Deejay
    ... warp away, backdash, ultra, some ex moves maybe grab..
    was in corner, had no ex or ultra...
    ... warp away, backdash, ultra, some ex moves maybe..

In the corner with no meter is the situation.

I find that trying to warp is risky cause its recovery so long that they still recover in time to punish in some cases. Backdash could possibly work if timed well. Ultra's could, if she had ultra.
    Should've just blocked, it was just a lvl 2 focus
    In the corner with no meter is the situation.
    Then pray.
    Nah just joking..
    I did some tests right now (bison x dudley) meaty FA (lvl2/3)on wake up

no meter
    1. Grab- works fine
    2. Devil reverse works fine, lot of invincibility
    3. Head press too
    4. Backdash works too, even if you screw up and miss the timing and did it earlier, you are in juggle state and fall down before he can do some meaty damage (ok he can do something, but not full ultra). If you are too slow, you get full FA and big combos.
    5. warp on the same place (b,d,b+ KKK/PPP) works, warp away too.
    6. jump up is good option too, even if he hits you, you fall down very fast.

with meter:
    Ultra/ super/ ex head press/ ex devil reverse works

SK/EX SK, PC/EX PC not, it will trade, both of you hits.
  • BradicalBradical Joined: Posts: 57
    Idk if people are still answering questions here but:

1. How do I get close enough to do the basic c.lp, s.lk, c.mk xx sk? I have trouble getting close enough to the enemy for c.lp to make contact (except after jump-ins)

2. When should I be using c.mp?
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Lol. Receiving hatemail from a 9K BP Balrog player who won in ranked cause he lags, and can't even land more than 3 hits. "Learn combos noob lame fuck". He even taunted when he's so bad. He also won by 1 hit on my random select on someone I've never used. Bison = instant hatemail, even when you lose.

1. How do I get close enough to do the basic c.lp, s.lk, c.mk xx sk? I have trouble getting close enough to the enemy for c.lp to make contact (except after jump-ins)

Just get up in dat ass. Gotta walk forward, dash, focus dash fireballs if you can. Empty Devil's Reverse and Teleport work too, but I wouldn't be doing those randomly.
    I don't use cr.mp often, and I think I should be. I just use it when I'm trying to outpoke someone, or during a punish, or when I just accidentally press it instead of cr.mk. :p Neurosis uses it quite a lot.

Edit: I want a damn Bison hat and can't find one.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551

You have be pretty much right next to the opponent to do a string into scissors. Dash up, walk up, you can even slide next to them on knockdown (UKD or if they don't tech their knockdown, otherwise it's unsafe). If they whiff a dp, you can add an extra lp at the beginning to increase your charge time and walk up to punish i.e. cr.lp x2, st.lk, cr.mk > scissors/PC. Also, forgot to add, on some characters the setup may miss or it could just be I was standing too far away, can't remember.

Cr.mp has a lot of frame advantage on block, but takes a while to startup. I think most players only tend to use it has their walking away from their opponent on knockdown e.g. cr.mp > lk scissors. Or you could carefully approach your opponent and use it max range followed by a st.mk/st.hk or another st.mp.
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • louisn1234louisn1234 Joined: Posts: 26

just my nooby opinion, play some footsies with them. Let them think twice before they want to press button. st mk and st hk are your friend. Once they have that mindset, then apply pressure. So they will think twice before DP or press anything.

I use mp to keep opponent away for throw and punishment purpose like baiting DP? c.mp to HK scissors or HP psycho. It is also good for frame trap. Let say your opponent is late crouch tech, after ( 3 cr lk or cr jab Bnb) and you notice that they are blocking, can try to frame trap them..but I prefer using st HP for frame trap purpose.
    Btw am I the only one that finds C. Viper an utter annoyance as Bison? Maybe cause I don't see good ones online, I lack the experience.
    Btw am I the only one that finds C. Viper an utter annoyance as Bison? Maybe cause I don't see good ones online, I lack the experience.

You are not the only one. I still fail to see why or how this matchup is supposedly in our favor *last I heard anyways* either.
    You are not the only one. I still fail to see why or how this matchup is supposedly in our favor *last I heard anyways* either.
    I wouldn't say it is, not since people actually know how to play her now. When she starts applying that pressure, I wanna cry. Or maybe it's because I haven't bothered buying my Robocop Bison costume on the Xbox. :(
    shes a bitch, and I dont really think that matchup in AE2012 is in our favor, and her ultra setup after almost any special move without fadc.. damn one bad guess and you will eat lot of damage.
  • kisaku1218kisaku1218 808 you know Joined: Posts: 607
    I think if you go nuts on Viper she have to be much more careful, and that is where the GOOD part of match up, you are the one going nuts not Viper....

Bison got better escape mix up, at least better than her, so long as you don't get hit by death from above and chose when to tec when NOT to, she can't only force you to quick guess few thing, but is far less tricky than Bison and chances are when Bison gets her ass, that piece of Viper ASS worth every single c.viper dollar. But she have to work very hard to move to have that DIC she really want, even in corners.
    The seeker of the whay continued.....
    Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/kisaku1218

SF5
  • Ex3cut3rEx3cut3r Joined: Posts: 120
    Hi guys, I have a question ^^

I saw neurosis did in the canada cup 2011 "slide and then an late FADC" , is there an option select? or does he do it manually?`

(When it hits he doesn't do the FADC, when it's blocked he do the FADC)
    GFWL: PfadEx3cut3r - Dictator - Rose: Skill level: 6/10
  • Reversing_DevilReversing_Devil CROSSUP PSYCHO CRUSHER! Joined: Posts: 644
    I've been following AOI momo on live in one match he does tick forward throw followed by empty DR (crosses over)>cr.lp>cr.lk(x3)>lk scissors on Ryu. I tested this out in training but in the trainning stage the third cr.lk after cr.lp whiffed on Ryu, any reason why?

I'll post a video of the replay if neccessary
    Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
    Hi guys, I have a question ^^

I saw neurosis did in the canada cup 2011 "slide and then an late FADC" , is there an option select? or does he do it manually?`

(When it hits he doesn't do the FADC, when it's blocked he do the FADC)

No there's no option select afaik, Neurosis is just really good at taking risks. If you have good reactions, you can actually react with an FADC if you do the slide from up close, but from the distance Neurosis was doing it, there's not enough time.

I've been following AOI momo on live in one match he does tick forward throw followed by empty DR (crosses over)>cr.lp>cr.lk(x3)>lk scissors on Ryu. I tested this out in training but in the trainning stage the third cr.lk after cr.lp whiffed on Ryu, any reason why?

I'll post a video of the replay if neccessary

Crouching widens your hitbox.
  • Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,599
    after empty devil reverse, I prefer scissors lk. Works as frametrap against stand or crouch tech.
    -Daeyrat
    I still get bodied my Rufus, is there anyway to beat out his cr.mp in jump in or would it better to go for a ambiguous cross up HP or j.mk cross up and close s.HP frame trap?

That move is too good. Are there any light jump in attacks that will beat cr.mp special?

As far as handling dive kicks would it better to backdash those dive kicks when Rufus has no meter? As seen in this video this Bison used cr.HP to beat his Dive kick!

would just spamming s.HK the best way to win this match?

Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    I still get bodied my Rufus, is there anyway to beat out his cr.mp in jump in or would it better to go for a ambiguous cross up HP or j.mk cross up and close s.HP frame trap?

That move is too good. Are there any light jump in attacks that will beat cr.mp special?

As far as handling dive kicks would it better to backdash those dive kicks when Rufus has no meter? As seen in this video this Bison used cr.HP to beat his Dive kick!

would just spamming s.HK the best way to win this match?

To beat his cr. mp, don't jump at Rufus.
    Anti-airing Rufus is very space dependent and since he can change his jump trajectory it's very dangerous. One wrong guess you eat a full combo. One RIGHT guess and you get st. short, MAYBE st. roundhouse, MAYBE cr. fierce.
    To beat his cr. mp, don't jump at Rufus.
    Anti-airing Rufus is very space dependent and since he can change his jump trajectory it's very dangerous. One wrong guess you eat a full combo. One RIGHT guess and you get st. short, MAYBE st. roundhouse, MAYBE cr. fierce.

true about that, also does ex snake strike but Devil Reverse on wake up clean as well as EX headstomp?
    ok against Akuma can you auto correct his Teleporting away with an EX PC if he teleports away from a whiffed headstomp on wakeup? Should I be using empty DR on Akumas wakeup after successful throw/hard knockdown also?

Is it just me or is it hard to auto correct low kick scissors after a throw>empty DR to the other side of your foe? Should I be charging d/b right after the throw>empty DR>then do it?
  • donniedonnie 혼혈 Joined: Posts: 162
    Hi guys, scrubby non-bison player here with a question. Whats the general rule on blocking crossup psycho punishers?
    Like.. what is the tell?
    Is it where his torso is as I'm getting up?
    San Diego
  • The Final LionThe Final Lion Jean-Decaux Joined: Posts: 394
    I think you can wake up Fukiage to beat the ultra with Makoto, whom I assume you are playing as.

If the Bison player does it properly he'll land on top of you and then it's just about the colliding boxes, a 50/50.
    Beast to Pray
  • donniedonnie 혼혈 Joined: Posts: 162
    I actually play Fei.
    I know I can sometimes autocorrect a DP but I really just want to learn how to block it first.
    San Diego
    Depends on timing and what PC he's using. I know sometimes I will mix it up and make it hit in front on purpose to mix you up. In short you have to guess unless they make it obvious.
  • density.density. Joined: Posts: 748
    Question, probably really simple but I can't figure it out.

At 6:12~ how do you do a focus attack, then dash forward, then st.HP xx stuff? Shang Tsung just does it without walking back or anything, not sure how to charge long enough to do that.
    If I missed them with it then it was just a gimmick. If I hit them with it then it was all mindgames. At least, that's what I tell everyone I play against.

This is called a "boast/excuse option select" and it's without a doubt the most useful technique that anyone has ever taught me." -Deadfrog