Bison's Q&A Thread: Ask here before making new threads!

Comments

• m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,810
    Question, probably really simple but I can't figure it out.

At 6:12~ how do you do a focus attack, then dash forward, then st.HP xx stuff? Shang Tsung just does it without walking back or anything, not sure how to charge long enough to do that.

You can input the dash right before the FA releases, giving you enough time to charge.
  • 300300 ........... Joined: Posts: 868
    ROFL !!!!!

votebisionkx4-1.jpg
    Seagulls and Electrolytes.
  • Weazzy89Weazzy89 Joined: Posts: 16

At 2.14 how does Dogura maintain the charge for ex psycho? I mean, i'm in traingin mode and I can't do it, what's the trick?
  • Ex3cut3rEx3cut3r Joined: Posts: 120
    You need to make the devil reverse with up-forward (instead of up) and from there you go back to down-forward, and after you landed you do the ex psycho with back + pp.
    GFWL: PfadEx3cut3r - Dictator - Rose: Skill level: 6/10
  • Weazzy89Weazzy89 Joined: Posts: 16
    is th execution on this tight or some shit? Cos i'm in training mode trying to do it right now and my execution is not bad. I'm doing this. On 1P side......backthrow > holding downback on 2Ps, instantly recover from backthrow going up forward on 2P side directly into back or down back on 1P side, landing then straight into forward PP on 1P side.

Still not working for me. Even if i give it a bit of leeway after i land it's almost as if i'm not even close to having charge. Am I even doin it right? Thanks btw :)
    Try this, start from 2P side, do an backthrow. Immediatley charge to down-back, now do the devil reverse with up-back (it will cross up) and after you landed, do the ex psycho with forward + pp. Keep in mind that, you have to wait a little bit, after the empty devil reverse (recovery)

This works 100% :)

P.S sry for bad english. :D
  • Reversing_DevilReversing_Devil CROSSUP PSYCHO CRUSHER! Joined: Posts: 644
    about 3:56 here in the video, Choi uses EX tatsu and tries to frame trap, but Dogura throws out crouching short, was he crouch teching?

Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
  • kisaku1218kisaku1218 808 you know Joined: Posts: 607
    I just get corrected by my master about some serious problem I have in my game.
    he point out (noticed) after these year, most stuff I do is guessing/random.
    is very little in my play that is REAL whiff punish, the % of whiff punish in most my play is low or close to 0.
    and I against it, try NOT to admit I am random scrub, but I did look back what I start it and how I did compare NOW.

The result surprise me (stun me really), no wonder when I play other character I play scrubby, because Bison are OP with footsie that make me LOOKS like what I know what I am doing. I can't do basic whiff punish on point, even 50%, I have some idea about WHAT punish WHAT, but to talk about actual nature reaction for whiff punish, I don't really have it. I blame on my reaction is too slow, my master said I don't play nearly enough and don't even train enough.

after reading footsie book over and over, how is possible for people doing such thing, if not by guess, I asked.
    because they guess, so they are prepare for it, this is the concept I put up for my own defense.
    and he have explained like obiwan, to correct me.
    he mention top player don't really guess (is a guess), they SEE IT and react to it, there is no such thing as prepare for it (I did that for anti air, I assume they gonna jump and prepare for it) he also mention if I don't know it, I have to work on it as my 1st task.
    there is different between GUESS and PUNISH, my master said.
    as simple as cr.mp, there is difference if I just feel they gonna do something and pressure cr.mp, I should only push cr.mp AFTER I see it.
    we did a set, and as I try to REALLY use certain move to PUNISH his move, I can't, my reaction always few frame slower, and result is I either
    randomly push a cr.mp because he use other move that I am not looking for (I get whiff punish instead) or I use cr.mp then he blocked because I did it too slow.

to me, easier said then done, I don't really do much footsie whiff punish, I guess I have some formula running and I did put out random sht in certain time and it work, but when my master switch his play style, is go straight 20-0, 30-0, I can't win, because he know what I am doing now, I can pull off damage on other area, but if I can't do basic footsie, what good do I have on other stuff?

Question, how to really practice whiff punish? is that thing a mist? I mean A punish B if they whiff, but is really possible to just SEE IT and you push a button and your move WHIFF PUNISH other move? anyone have clue? like how to whiff punish better? or how to really bait out certain move.....

I just don't get it, I copy it from what I see from top player, but in actual action to do those thing is not really works.....

this is footsie book he gave it to me.....
    http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

someone please tell me how is possible do whiff punish on point like every single time, even I successfully doing it is like.....60 damage?
    as simple as move out their attack range, move back in and do a st.mk, even that I got bait out and whiff punish my st.mk, then I switch to cr.mp.
    then my cr.mp get punish, how stupid is that? Is this just different dimensional work or knowledge I am missing there?

sorry for long post.
    The seeker of the whay continued.....
    Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/kisaku1218

SF5
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    I THINK the trick to whiff punishing is hitting your move (to punish) when you see their move come out. My reactions are pretty slow too and I'm no expert on whiff punishing, but my reasoning is... if I do it the way I do it now and they're blocking, then I shouldn't be scared of hitting my button when I see theirs come out because the startup of my move will probably coincide with the recovery of their move. I used to just input my move when I saw their recovery,but it was always too slow.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    cr.LP x3, cr.LK, Scissors

Is that a combo? I mashed out out when I randomed Bison, is it a link or something? I hit it everytime...Could just be the ass Cody I was facing, though.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    cr.LP x3, cr.LK, Scissors

Is that a combo? I mashed out out when I randomed Bison, is it a link or something? I hit it everytime...Could just be the ass Cody I was facing, though.
    That can combo, but it's not really worth it.
    hey everyone vs Deejay are you able to react to his jump in knee with s.HK? It tooks too fast anyone experiment more with the DJ matchup?
    Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    hey everyone vs Deejay are you able to react to his jump in knee with s.HK? It tooks too fast anyone experiment more with the DJ matchup?

React no. Predict it and stop him before it starts yes, but thats everyone.

That move has a retardedly good hitbox and comes out fast.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • ragvalodoreragvalodore so crispy Joined: Posts: 234
    I've been trying to incorporate the cr. mp, cr.mk link for max punishes but i'm having a lot of difficulty. Im pretty good at plinking and 1f links in general so I wonder if it might be a character dependent/spacing dependent thing. any advice?
    cr.mp, cr.mk is character specific and is also spacing specific. It works on most chars off a jump in and a few less characters off a focus. If you're doing it raw, you usually can't be point blank.
  • ragvalodoreragvalodore so crispy Joined: Posts: 234
    Well I did some followup work and it seems like the best chance to hit it is after a j. hk. The pushback on j. hp is a bit too much for the combo to work reliably
    Well I did some followup work and it seems like the best chance to hit it is after a j. hk. The pushback on j. hp is a bit too much for the combo to work reliably

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dictator-combo-thread-he-rules-with-an-iron-fist-of-energy.49096/page-27#post-2399036
    What you guys think about using regular PC as an auto correct, too slow I think? Back/forward throw>empty DR>auto correct LP Psycho crusher?
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    What you guys think about using regular PC as an auto correct, too slow I think? Back/forward throw>empty DR>auto correct LP Psycho crusher?

Too slow and vulnerable imo
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • BlackAttackProBlackAttackPro Somewhat good at beating ass =/ Joined: Posts: 44
    When should I use Bisons Head Press?
    Kinda random question but I find SK so good I never get around to using it and an scared of using it since it looks real easy to DP.
    So what times should I do it?
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    On knock down for guaranteed chip / chance they'll try a reversal or, very occasionally, when you have your opponent cornered and after a few scissors loops when they're thinking about neutral jumping to bait the next loop. Other than that, never really. It's really unsafe against good opposition.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • Kid KaosKid Kaos Embrace Shadaloo Joined: Posts: 1,072
    all the links in the first post dont work lol
    All that remains are just peices of the past
  • bike_seatbike_seat Joined: Posts: 106
    i'm wondering what the matchup is like against Ibuki. Is it in her favor? Also, what are some tips on how to beat her consistently
    Any word on Shungoku Neurosis lately? He's been out of the scene?
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    Any word on Shungoku Neurosis lately? He's been out of the scene?
    I know he works as a bar staff member in Japan. Other than that, no idea.

Also, lately, I've been running into a lot of players (shotos, goukens, others I can't remember) that seem to think mashing sweep after scissors is a good option. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depending on the character and spacing. Just wondering though, is this a new trend? I don't really see this on streams or high level play.
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • Mr. UnknownMr. Unknown Joined: Posts: 63
    i'm wondering what the matchup is like against Ibuki. Is it in her favor? Also, what are some tips on how to beat her consistently
    Bison is one of Ibuki's worst matchups lol. I'd say 6-4 Bison.
    Mainly because ex psycho crusher/devil's reverse blows up her vortex.
    She also doesn't have many options against Bison's offense.
    You want to rush her down, maintain a solid ground game, and build meter.
    If she manages to knock you down, use that meter to escape.
    Don't get too ex happy though.
    If your opponent expects you to ex crusher on wake up, it's a free ultra 2 on block.
    If they're really good, they'll react to ex dr with neckbreaker.
    PSN: MisterScissors
  • BradicalBradical Joined: Posts: 57
    Who is a good secondary character for Bison? After a lot of switching around I decided I want Bison to be my main. Now I just need someone to play his bad matchups with. I'm thinking either Akuma or Guile since I've played them in the past.
  • BlackAttackProBlackAttackPro Somewhat good at beating ass =/ Joined: Posts: 44
    Who is a good secondary character for Bison? After a lot of switching around I decided I want Bison to be my main. Now I just need someone to play his bad matchups with. I'm thinking either Akuma or Guile since I've played them in the past.
    I was about be really dumb and say post this in the sfxt forum... x]
    Try Honda since I hear he is bad match up for Bison.
  • BradicalBradical Joined: Posts: 57
    I was about be really dumb and say post this in the sfxt forum... x]
    Try Honda since I hear he is bad match up for Bison.

I've messed with Honda and I like him, but not enough to make him my secondary.
    I've messed with Honda and I like him, but not enough to make him my secondary.
    Sagat and Dee Jay sorta cover Bison's not-so-good matchups since they have projectiles. Maybe try out Adon as well.
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
    Any good tipps against balrog (Boxer) I can't pressure him -.- and his stupid hitbox is annyoing most of the stuff just whiffed, what do you guys do after you crossed him up? standard BnB whiffed. -.-
    Any good tipps against balrog (Boxer) I can't pressure him -.- and his stupid hitbox is annyoing most of the stuff just whiffed, what do you guys do after you crossed him up? standard BnB whiffed. -.-
    I cant answer your question but its worthing knowing if you do hard kick you can hit him out of his charging rush attacks (Buffalo somthing).
    I'm not really sure either. Balrog can use EX dash punches to power through predictable scissors pressure and his frame traps (especially cr.LP into sweep) halt Bison's low short and pressure too. Awkward hitbox also makes things kinda weird. Oh well if you haven't seen this, then you should watch it.

SF4AE casual matches. Final score was 2-1 for Gagapa something like that.

EDIT: I think HappyMedicine also played PR Rog. Meds said he went all random because he couldn't beat Rog playing logically or something.

Exactly that's my problem, I can't apply pressure most of the time to balrog, he uses his EX, normals, to break scisscor kick pressure, and most bisons damaging combos whiff on balrog, really annoying.
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584
    Hey dudes I can see you're all pros, so help me out. I'm a 7000BP Bison , which is to say I'm nothing special but I didn't start playing yesterday either, and I'm having a really hard time doing his little cr. lk into scissor kick combo. It's first day of Bison 101 for you guys but I have a hard time with it, the timing.

Is there a trick to get that thing right? Also, toe 2-3x cr.lk into scissor kick?
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

Hey dudes I can see you're all pros, so help me out. I'm a 7000BP Bison , which is to say I'm nothing special but I didn't start playing yesterday either, and I'm having a really hard time doing his little cr. lk into scissor kick combo. It's first day of Bison 101 for you guys but I have a hard time with it, the timing.

Is there a trick to get that thing right? Also, toe 2-3x cr.lk into scissor kick?
    There's no real trick that anyone uses. Just practice it until you get the rhythm down. I guess when I started, I used crouch tech (LP + LK) rather than just crouching shorts. I think in Dieminion's (Guile player) last interview, he said you don't know a combo until you can get it down 10x in a row without fail. If your using pad, I think it would be a lot harder.
  • Yar1nYar1n Yata? Joined: Posts: 126
    I got a quick question regarding the setup after c.lp st.lp s.lk c.mk lp crusher combo..

I fail to do a crossup psycho afterwards.. I tried lp/mp/hp versions and I charge as soon as possible and psycho and try to do the other psycho the first moment possible.

Is there a trick to it? what am I missing ?
    I got a quick question regarding the setup after c.lp st.lp s.lk c.mk lp crusher combo..

I fail to do a crossup psycho afterwards.. I tried lp/mp/hp versions and I charge as soon as possible and psycho and try to do the other psycho the first moment possible.

Is there a trick to it? what am I missing ?
    Well, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but just practice. With that combo, you don't even need to dash up. You can just walk up and use the time the normals take to hit to build up charge for the PC/scissors ender. There's a few variations. For me, the second one is the easiest, and has worked against every character I've played against.

EDIT: My bad. I misread your post. I think EX PC has a better chance of actually crossing them up, since it's the quickest.
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584
    Hey! I tried using the low LP + LK and I managed the combo! What a sneaky trick, and it blocks throws too huh?

Very nice. Thanks
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

• BDlBDl Joined: Posts: 69
    Very nice.
    untill you run into someonewho can blow up cr. teching big time