The Air Hurricane Kick

kz0060kz0060 I love you cashcallJoined: Posts: 369
Hey while the hell does Ken hurricane kick is like ridiculously stronger than all the other shotos? I think Akumas shoulda been stronger.
(((( ;゚Д゚))) oh snap son.

Worthless is a good man

Comments

• fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    glitched so that each kick in the hurricane kick counts as a full roundhouse.
    if you do the ac with just a jab followed bya hurricane kick it does max damage
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    what do u mean cancle the hurricane kick into super kick or into the hurricane punch....?
    Okay, I just tested it out. This has got to be one of Ken's most damaging air combo.

c.lk, c.hp, sj., sj.rh hurricane kick

It does 70 points of damage on Cable which is about the same as a AHVB mashed.
    does the damage buffer system affect this? so if you do reppa in corner, then otg c.lk c.hp ^ rk.hurricane, that'd be craaaazy
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sorry kz0060, but Akuma's spinkick in that same air combo [launch, spinkick] is just as devastating as Kens [don't argue with me I have a dreamcast]. Nastier still, you can tack a super fireball onto the end to make it an 80% combo.

A perticularly nasty kill DHC situation is with Cyclops-b, and Cable behind that. when you go launch, spinkick [4 hit] XX super air fireball, DHC MOB, DHC HVB.

The combo above has done 143 damage vs Cable by the end of the second super alone [meaning DHCing in Cable would be overkill...].

If only they had the same stamina [Akuma is way better IMO].
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Originally posted by Deathfist
    Sorry kz0060, but Akuma's spinkick in that same air combo [launch, spinkick] is just as devastating as Kens [don't argue with me I have a dreamcast]. Nastier still, you can tack a super fireball onto the end to make it an 80% combo.

A perticularly nasty kill DHC situation is with Cyclops-b, and Cable behind that. when you go launch, spinkick [4 hit] XX super air fireball, DHC MOB, DHC HVB.

The combo above has done 143 damage vs Cable by the end of the second super alone [meaning DHCing in Cable would be overkill...].

If only they had the same stamina [Akuma is way better IMO].

Akuma's best air combo is c.lk, c.hp, sj.lp (while you sj up), sj.hurricane kick (hits 3 times), xx air fireball. It does about 93 points of damage on Cable. That's INSANE!
    so u mean by that ur proving that ken can whoop Akumas ass ryt i agree with that ken i more damaging that akuma but can ken beat a player that top thiers like lets say on one on one like ken agains mag, or ken agains capcom!! can ken beat them up or kinda having a big headed guy having trouble with them.....?
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Akuma's spinkick can hit 4 times in an air combo COLOR=limegreen]not just 3[/COLOR I've done it. It's extremely hard to time it though [TEN TIMES HARDER THAN WITH KEN]. IMO omitting the lp makes the spinkick do even more damage than without it in all air combos [ken and akuma btw], but makes it virtually impossible to time over 2 hits.

The whole Akuma combo is flying hp, spinkick [optional], [optionally dash, ducking lk, not in the video, but doable if you hit close], ducking hp, sj lp[optional], hk spinkick [4hit], cancell immediately to a super fireball. 120 damage dealt. The combo was on the vidness website "[ www.vidness.rrcol.com ]" <--- [That is a link btw...] 2-3 years ago [which after just checking to my amazement is still up. It's amazing how far everyone has came in this game since then. It's in video 2. WARNING: combos are somewhat old and outdated :D ]

IMO they both do the same damage [if Akuma decides not to tack on extra damage to his air spinkick with the fireballs], but
    -Akuma has ass poor stamina, [Ken Doesen't]
    -Ken-a breaks Strider-Doom [not Akuma-b though his AA is almost as good],
    -Ken has that roll. It's very easy to confuse with a dash because it uses the exact same animation. [drop assist, roll behind kinda like Cap-Am, possibly stop in front by dashing instead.]

-Akuma has a better flying hp by far however [can use it to build meter during sj way faster]
    -Akuma can do an emergency divekick to avoid some assists if the opponent doesen't prepare for it [and it combos with his air super]

I like Akuma more, but Ken has that stamina difference and roll so I use him more.

Try to overhead with Akuma, Ken, Ryu, into Commando or BH in casual play. BH is more fun. Since they're launched straight up, you can hide in the tower and switch sides relaunching the person [it's more effective than it sounds. People don't use shotos at all and aren't used to eating overheads. They are also not used to a launch, side switch, relaunch. Use it, but be sensitive to if they are getting used to it so you don't get raped.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Originally posted by Deathfist
    Akuma's spinkick can hit 4 times in an air combo COLOR=limegreen]not just 3[/COLOR I've done it. It's extremely hard to time it though [TEN TIMES HARDER THAN WITH KEN]. IMO omitting the lp makes the spinkick do even more damage than without it in all air combos [ken and akuma btw], but makes it virtually impossible to time over 2 hits.

The whole Akuma combo is flying hp, [optionally dash, ducking lk, not in the video, but doable if you hit close], ducking hp, sj lp[optional], hk spinkick [4hit], cancell immediately to a super fireball. 120
    damage dealt. The combo was on the vidness website [ www.vidness.rrcol.com ]2-3 years ago [which after just checking to my amazement is still up. It's amazing how far everyone has came in this game since then. It's in video 2. WARNING: combos are somewhat old and outdated :D ]

IMO they both do the same damage [if Akuma decides not to tack on extra damage to his air spinkick with the fireballs], but
    -Akuma has ass poor stamina, [Ken Doesen't]
    -Ken-a breaks Strider-Doom [not Akuma-b though his AA is almost as good],
    -Ken has that roll. It's very easy to confuse with a dash because it uses the exact same animation. [drop assist, roll behind kinda like Cap-Am, possibly stop in front by dashing instead.]

-Akuma has a better flying hp by far however [can use it to build meter during sj way faster]
    -Akuma can do an emergency divekick to avoid some assists if the opponent doesen't prepare for it [and it combos with his air super]

I like Akuma more, but Ken has that stamina difference and roll so I use him more.

Try to overhead with Akuma, Ken, Ryu, into Commando or BH in casual play. BH is more fun. Since they're launched straight up, you can hide in the tower and switch sides relaunching the person [it's more effective than it sounds. People don't use shotos at all and aren't used to eating overheads. They are also not used to a launch, side switch, relaunch. Use it, but be sensitive to if they are getting used to it so you don't get raped.

well thanks for the vidoe it really help by the way how did you find those videos..... im searching some videos that iare movies are in mpeg format. where i can find more videos like those im searching for strider hiryu videos i try in kazaa but it wont download it seems there's a problem with the source or the file.... well thankz anyways
    :cool:
    here's a killer combo with akuma/spiderman:

dash, c. lk, c. hp, sj. lk, hk hurricane, cancel into tenma gou zankuu after 3rd hit, cancel into spidey's maximum spider.

Here's another one, and this is on the ground:

dash, c. lk, c. lk, hk hurricane, cancel into tenma gou zankuu, cancel into spidey's ultimate web throw.

Both of these combos do MASSIVE damage. I use them pretty often when I have at least level 3 meter.
    :cool: that works pretty well ive try it but i think spidey can make a better job on MvsC2 not like when he is in part 1 they made spidey a little weak most of the opponents but it worth a try do..
    i think kens version does the most damage over all. akumas does more if you add the super. dark sakuras version + reset into super does more then that. and ryus comes last.

i think kens most damaging set up is:

j.fk XX hurricane kick, land, c.lk, c.fp, sj.lp, hurricane kick.

same can be used for akuma and end it with a super. DHC into HSF, hailstorm, or PC for max damage with little effort.

sakura/dark sakuras version does do a lot of damage, but the set up is a bit different. and its not as much.

i think launch, sj.lp, lk, hurricane kick is the best set up to get all the hits in.

with dark sakura, you can add on a (fp) throw right before you land and otg with a super. its rollable though, but it does nice damage if they dont.

d. sakura/thanos bubble

j.lk, j.fk XX hurricane kick, land, c.lk, c.fp, sj.lp, lk, (fk) hurricane kick, pause, air throw, land, call in thanos, super, bubble hits, super again. ^_^

ryu can hit all the of his hurricane kicks in the corner, but it doesnt do as much damage. outside of corner is possible as well, but i think the timing for it is not worth it.

in corner: launch, sj.lp, lk, lp[2 hits], slight pause, lk, hurricane kick

out of corner: launch, sj. hurricane kick.

for max ryu air combo damage do:

j.fk, land, dash in c.lk, c.fp, sj.fp XX shinkuu hadouken. i think it does around 75-80/143 vs cable.

shoryureppa, c.lk, c.fp, sj.lp, hurricane kick does do as much damage as you would expect because the kick combo (though not the kicks itself) will be buffered do the shoryu reppa hits.

bleh.
    well that really works but i dont sakura really do well with some top theirs....? well its not like ken ,akuma nor ryu style.. what abt sakura....???? both evil and good.....?
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    some say dark sakura is really good. tactically, i don't know. i tried using her, but she's not my bowl of rice...if you know what i mean. all's i know, is that you can teleport with her rapidly, keeping her intangible. it's very difficult, if downright impossible, to hit her, but you'd have to do it perfectly.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    well i gues thats the only thing that sakura has in mind! maybe she good in other but no much in MvsC2
    there waz a combo listed that said blah blah blah but then what caught me waz sj, rh hurricane kick what iz sj and how come it waz saying c.lk c.hp what does that mean? the c. part?
    C stands for crouch!
    and sj. is super jump. after you do crouching fp, and you jump, that's super jump. the moves you perform while in this state is considered "sj. lp, sj. lk..." blah blah blah. so for ken, it would be something like crouching lp, crouching fp, (super) jump, super jump lp, super jump lk, super jump hurrican kick.

um, no. are you being sarcastic? i'm just trying to help. sarcasm is kinda hard to decipher when typed. if you honestly don't know what it means (not to say you're a dumbass or anything...cuz this is how you learn), fp is fierce punch. if you're being sarcastic, THEN you're a dumbass.

peace easy
    no i'm not b'n sarcastic... ne wayz therz only light pucnh/kick and heavy punch/kick in MvC2 the iz'n any fierce punch or kick in it... r u try'n 2 comfuse me ne wayz whatz rh thats the only thing u have'n told me....
    anybody has a video of ken.....? pos it up!
    this crap pisses me off.. therez a fierce punch for the arcade in all but for x-box therez only light and heavy; light iz light medium is light,foward times 2 and heavy is fierce so 2 do medium on x-box u have 2 start off with a light so most combos can't b done 4 x-box this sukz...:lame:
    *roll*

Alrighty... Fierce = Heavy. Roundhouse = Heavy Kick.

There is no medium punch in the arcade version. Those buttons were taken out for the Assists.

Seriously, learn about the game over at GameFAQs.com or something before you start sounding silly here.
    then how come on da moves every one writes blah, sj.blah, mp,lk blah blah blah?
    Mediums come out after light attacks if you hit button twice.

LP - LK - MP -MK

is the same as hitting lp - lk - lp - lk

As I said. Gamefaqs.com and learn the basics of the system
  • Du FugitiveDu Fugitive I got nothing Joined: Posts: 715
    Just to be more specific on Ken's Air Hurricane Kick...to get max hits out of it and other shotos, you have to do the move while you're still on the way up from sj. so launch with Ken, sj. lp XX RH Hurricane Kick is probably the most reliable.

Getting max (4) hits off Akuma is really too unreliable...so just find one that cancels into air fireball on all characters and DHC into hailstorm or something nice. Ken's is more reliable, but I'd put Ken/Akuma into a similar category...Sakura is probably the best of the shotos....most ghetto strategies (call assist, Hurricane kick as a crossup), random taunt, Dark Sakura etc. etc :)

Oh, and one of Sakura's better midscreen ACs would be launch, sj. lp, sj. lk, lk HK, FP, RH....and Sakura is really better overall than Ken or Akuma. Better normals (e.g. j. FK), and her dash assist is a nice trapbreaker as well since it eats rocks/typhoons/stuff you wouldn't expect. Dark Sakura is impractical in serious play, but very useful for 1 frame super that can OTG..teleport.etc. etc. etc.
    Her Hurricane kick creates the easiest standing sentinel infinite in the game. Characters with regular jump sentinel infinites i know off the top of my head are...
    Sakura/psylocke/magneto/storm/strider, but sakura's perhaps has the easiest timing of them all :).
    wheeeeph....:p i went 2 game faqs and got it all in my head... but the only thing i don't quite kno iz RH... that means roundhouse... or what?:bluu: but i got everything else thankz alot i aprecciate it ... lataz
    yeah, rh is roundhouse. the actual button configuration for the old street fighter's (2 and above) is for the top row, jab, strong, fierce. for the bottom row, short, foward, roundhouse. tell me if i got it right. i don't use those terms (and i'm guessing others don't either) is because it's hard to remember what's forward, strong, and whatever. it's easier just saying light, medium, and fierce/hard with the corresponding punches. others use variations, but they're all the same...more or less.
    lol last question... whatz rk... u viet?
    On topic... is it me or does c.HP /\ sj.LP sj.MP XX Hurricane Kick do more than just c.HP /\ Hurricane Kick? I tested it out, straight hurricane does 76 to cable, two punches makes it 78.

Think one punch reduces it...
    i think the most damage is from launch, sj. lp or lk, then hurricane kick. not sure, haven't tested it.

oh, and i don't know what rk is, most likely it's roundhouse kick.
    Alrighty, test data.

AHK=Air Hurricane Kick
    Tests done on Cable.

c.HP -> AHK = 76
    c.HP -> sj.LP -> AHK = 76 (and easier)
    c.HP -> sj.LK -> AHK = 76 (LK doesn't hold them as well as LP)
    c.HP -> sj.LP -> sj. MP -> AHK = 78 (Definately the best IMO. Easier to hold with two punches, + more damage.)

Alrighty, so what if your opponent can beat out your c.HP launcher?

I tried chaining into it with a simple c.LK

c.LK -> c.HP -> AHK = 76 (Pretty tricky to pull off, I'm sure ya can learn it well wiv practice though)
    c.LK -> c.HP -> sj.LP -> AHK = 75 (Best option, I think. Easy, and 1 pt. loss in damage.)
    c.LK -> c.HP -> sj.LK -> AHK = 75 (Same as above. If kick XX hurricane kick is more natural to you, it's plenty usable, but I think LP is better.)
    c.LK -> c.HP -> sj.LP -> sj.MP -> AHK = 74 (Rarely connects for all hits, not worth it.)

Moral of story?
    c.HP -> sj.LP -> sj.MP -> AHK and
    c.LK -> c.HP -> sj.LP -> AHK
    are the best options.
    is that for ken and akuma? i know some guy posted for sakura's hurrican kick combo, but he has a lot of abbreviations and i don't know it. i trie for sakura, and connecting her's is hard, IMO. and i'm sure ryu's is different. should you even try for him, cuz his only hits once, maybe twice.
    It's Ken only. Dunno about Akuma, don't really care.:lol:
  • Power Man FoxPower Man Fox Man's natural enemy Joined: Posts: 1,035
    errr yeah any new ken stuff? im taking commando off my teams and throwing in ken: ) mainly for the assist but also because not that many ppl use ken anymore: (
    Go read Liar Game, you'll thank me later.
    If I was a better combo-er

I would be able to do this combo all the time. One cool thing about finishing an air combo off with a hurricane kick near a corner is, that as soon as you touch the ground a low short kick and a crouching fierce will launch your victim back into the air for another combo. If thats too hard, upon touching down, a short kick shoryureppa combo will connect. I'm sure someone out there is better at pulling that first combo off than me. I see potential for infinite comboism.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ken is probably the best shoto fighter in the game. Although I wished his fireball was more than half a screen away. His hurricane kick glitch is nasty, but the reason why I choose him over Akuma(don't get me wrong, Akuma would be technically better, but with such low stamina...it just kills him) is that Ken is a much more better assist in my opinion.

His Anti-air assist will beat anyone in the game, and thats saying alot, considering this dragon punch is finally like the old one of SF. I just wished they would've gave him a better fireball and more combo ability, but who needs combos when you can do a 70% hurricane glitch.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
    If I was a better combo-er
    Originally posted by gh0st
    I would be able to do this combo all the time. One cool thing about finishing an air combo off with a hurricane kick near a corner is, that as soon as you touch the ground a low short kick and a crouching fierce will launch your victim back into the air for another combo. If thats too hard, upon touching down, a short kick shoryureppa combo will connect. I'm sure someone out there is better at pulling that first combo off than me. I see potential for infinite comboism.

Uh, you can only OTG once, man.
  • Magnetic HailMagnetic Hail **Retired** Joined: Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    quick question.............does ken's expansion assist have the same glitch as a hurricane kick in an air combo ?
    Re: If I was a better combo-er
    Originally posted by JALbert

Uh, you can only OTG once, man.

But wait. One OTG AHK combo will kill, you don't need an infinite :p

I'm a retard. ;)
  • Du FugitiveDu Fugitive I got nothing Joined: Posts: 715
    uhh something i'm discovering is that it's not worth learning the random timing of the sentinel HK infinite when you can just do (j. lp, j mp, j. fp, u+j.fk) infinite with Ken on Sentinel...it messes up around 16 hits mostly, but you can get upwards of 28 hits so far if you consider how long j. fp and j. u+fk stun.
    So do the easy infinite on Sentinel for 12-20 hits and then just super DHC whatever if you want. If you take them into the corner, you can OTG after Shoryureppa for more damage...or Shinryuken. Anyway, just saying that the other Sentinel infinite timing is screwy...and does similar damage anyway since the normal hits do make the hurricane kicks scale anyway...and it messes up more.

(edit: I just found out Ken's infinite doesn't mess up...when you see Sentinel getting too far away during the (j. lp, j. mp, j. fp, u+j. fk) reps, you can actually j. fp, j. u+fk to get closer and it LINKS. technically you could probably just do an infinite with j. fp, j. u+fk, but the timing seems screwy...Mix them up and the infinite goes on as long as you like.)

Akuma and Sakura have hurricane kick infinites on sentinel though....Akuma's easiest to do so far is (j. lp, j. mp, u+j. fk, fk hurricane kick) and you can fp or fireball or super afterwards to finish. Sakura's timing is by far the easiest of them all with (j. lk, j. mk, fk hurricane kick) repeat. Ryu's is glitched on the ground too, but it's rare to get a setup to get more than two hits of it...usually akuma expansion or tron projectile allow for two hits...especially in the corner...then super fireball after second hit.