"Check out my new arcade stick!" Thread - Mortal Kombat Edition

Comments

• BillyEvEBillyEvE Joined: Posts: 41
    I never thought of playing MK with a stick, I dont know I always felt it was more suited to pad controllers
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My new Mortal Kombat stick, nothing fancy its like my 2nd stick ever. please be gentle (link to facebook)

My new MK stick worklog! | Facebook
  • RoguelikeRoguelike Joined: Posts: 115
    very nice Hanzo, makes me want to rip up a PS3 pad and build one
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    My new Mortal Kombat stick, nothing fancy its like my 2nd stick ever. please be gentle (link to facebook)

My new MK stick worklog! | Facebook

GOD LIKE stuff, my friend!
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,176
    Modded a Tekken 5

I went the easy route and modded a Tekken 5 with a replacement panel. It has been so long since I've played MK so I am adjusting to the LS-56 and Japanese style buttons.

I seem to be hitting Kabal's combos on some consistency.

I'm not getting the MK9 stick bundle since I got this but am glad they finally decided to make a commercial grade stick. If they do drop down in price like the Tekken 6 sticks then maybe I'll get one.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww301/rtdzign/Tekken5mod/DSC04262.jpg

Album.
    Tekken5mod pictures by rtdzign - Photobucket
  • resurrectaresurrecta Joined: Posts: 2
    It looks decent, but you could have it a lil' bit more mk-themed.
  • J.S.PJ.S.P Joined: Posts: 44
    These are all really awesome sticks guy! I've never could play MK with a stick, I'm an MK Pad guy..
  • MagikahnMagikahn Joined: Posts: 4
    MK tournament edition

Hey yall just found this website and I thought i was the only MK player in my town. I was just wondering what everyone thought, about the MK9 tournament Edition Stick and if it was worth getting?
  • EtryusEtryus Joined: Posts: 1
    Post pics of your MK sticks, or even MK themed SF layout sticks!

MINEZ:

29f9htl.jpg

Not even a Raiden pic?! I am dissapointed Tim :)
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,598
    Something im working on.......

3e6ae081.jpg

• Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    I'm planning on building my first stick for MK9.
    I own a few TEs, but I figure, if I have the means to build, and I've been lurking tech talk and doing some basic mods on my and my friends' sticks for over a year now, why not go the extra mile and try to make my own this time around.

Is there anywhere I can get the MK button layout, with everything dimentioned?

Plus, any tips from custom builders on where I will probably screw up would be appriciated greatly as well.
  • noreasonwhy0noreasonwhy0 Joined: Posts: 3
    I am looking in to building a stick for MK9. I am planning on gutting a HORI Tekken 6 wireless stick to use the PCB, but I'm going to toss the case. I'm doing a full HAPP/IL stick for MK. Any tips or button layout templates that you guys use would be greatly appreciated.
  • Sm0k3Sm0k3 Joined: Posts: 4
    I just finished the art design for my Madcatz SE sf4 stick in preparation for MK9. I'll also be replacing the buttons and balltop with sanwa parts as well as a clear dust cover to show more of the art.

Here is the artwork:

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/XSm0k3X/MKFightStickArtFinal2.jpg

I've never done anything like this before so I hope it looks okay. I'll be spray painting the case black to go with the design and should have it all finished in a week or so. I'll be sure to post the final product as soon as it's up and running.
  • CyborgVegitaCyborgVegita such a noob Joined: Posts: 31
    Not sure if it has been asked yet or not, but does anyone know if the Tournament Edition stick that's coming out with the game is interchangeable with the Xbox 360 and the PS3? It 'd be nice, since I might get the game for both consoles (already reserved the 360 Tournament Edition) as I have friends on both systems that are getting the game. It'd be nice to only have to buy the normal edition for the PS3, as I hate playing fighters on the PS3 controller.
  • LuckyDayLuckyDay Joined: Posts: 2,870
    Not sure if it has been asked yet or not, but does anyone know if the Tournament Edition stick that's coming out with the game is interchangeable with the Xbox 360 and the PS3? It 'd be nice, since I might get the game for both consoles (already reserved the 360 Tournament Edition) as I have friends on both systems that are getting the game. It'd be nice to only have to buy the normal edition for the PS3, as I hate playing fighters on the PS3 controller.

Nope, won't work on both. Dual mod should be possible if PDP did their homework, but we won't know for sure until we get someone to test the pcb inside and get the exacts specs on it.
    Evil will always triumph... Because good is dumb....

"I can do the corner infinite on cyclops like 25% of the time" - Governor
  • xaazxaaz Joined: Posts: 254
    CyborgVegita

It's really unlikely that the 360 te will work on a ps3. Your best bet if you want a unified solution would probably be to buy a 360 te (which you already have ordered) and mod it with a cthulu board. But I don't know for sure since I haven't got my hands on one yet.

EDIT -

Sm0k3

Oh boy. I am in love with that art (http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/XSm0k3X/MKFightStickArtFinal2.jpg). Very nice, bud.

Sm0k3

Oh boy. I am in love with that art (http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/XSm0k3X/MKFightStickArtFinal2.jpg). Very nice, bud.

Great! Feels good to know that the art looks good beyond my own personal bias :rofl:
  • CyborgVegitaCyborgVegita such a noob Joined: Posts: 31
    Alright, thanks guys.
    Finished the stick http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/XSm0k3X/MKStickFInished.jpg

There are some painfully obvious mistakes but I learned a LOT. The next time I customize a stick I think it will look 100x better. When all is said and done though, I'm satisfied with the final product and I guess that is all that matter :D

Edit: Sorry for terrible quality of the picture, it's all I got.
  • dookehdookeh Joined: Posts: 123
    Here's mine:
    http://shoryuken.com/f177/check-out-my-new-arcade-stick-thread-part-deux-201537/index678.html#post10382081
    I'm going to switch the bat back to ball. I played a little UMK3 on it and don't really like bat on sanwa JLF.
  • Isilwen NightfallIsilwen Nightfall セーラー服が大好き! Joined: Posts: 16
    Sorry for the noob question, but is a stick really needed for this game?

I mean, from the demo it does not feel very execution heavy. I have a TE stick for the XBOX but i'm wondering if i should buy MK for the ps3 cause of Kratos, that's why i'm asking. And i don't really want to spend money for a PS3 stick.
    認めたくないものだな、自分自身の若さ故の過ちと言うものを・・・
  • NoriNori Something witty goes here Joined: Posts: 1,742
    And i don't really want to spend money for a PS3 stick.
    360 TEs are easy to mod and way cheaper than buying another quality stickl. I got mine modded to work on both (1 wire, all you have to do is hold down the home button when I play on PS3).

Either way, to your question, PS3 pad is pretty legit but it also depends on exactly what you are comfortable with
  • c4n1h4zr3c0nc4n1h4zr3c0n Joined: Posts: 118
    Destroy All Weeaboos
  • HavatchuHavatchu Joined: Posts: 4,734
    So rigged, yet so awesome. :karate:
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 151
    I just completed my new stick. Man that was a long and ridiculous stretch of work today.

Thanks to,
    -Rtdzign: He made the wonderful box
    -AoBFrost: He provided the high quality print
    -Buttero: He created the awesome balltop
    -Jenn Duong: She crafted the stunning art
    -Myself: Jesus that took a long time
    DSC01699.jpg
    DSC01700.jpg
    DSC01703.jpg

Gawd I love this mini stick.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • HavatchuHavatchu Joined: Posts: 4,734
    Very, VERY nice. I've always been a fan of wooden sticks.
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • Apoc87Apoc87 Joined: Posts: 1
    I got the TE stick bundle for ps3. My first stick, but I can tell the build quality is great. I'm having no issues whatsoever, except the stick is VERY precise. Like you have to be RIGHT in the middle of Up-Right or Up-Left to jump.

Anyone else's stick respond like this? Is this normal for fighting sticks?

Also, the usb cord/connection is concerning me, someone please comfort me. Anyone elses cord feel very loose when plugged into the stick? It just seems like the male plug does not fit snugly into the stick's female connection. I can pull it out with a gingerly tug.

Anyone else's stick like this? Should I be concerned? I unplug and put my stick away after I'm done playing every time (because the wife nags at me, and my cat would destroy that cord if I wasn't around), but is this a good idea? Could the cord get stripped over time and stop working?

I am really enjoying my stick, and I don't want to be worried anymore. But I want it to last a long time, and I dont want to keep plugging and unplugging if that can eventually mess it up (the pictures even advertise storing the cord in the stick after use, but this connection is really bothering me) Can someone confirm that their stick is like this, and comfort me? Should I be worried?
  • SkuddSkudd Downback Fighter IV Joined: Posts: 216
    the stick is VERY precise. Like you have to be RIGHT in the middle of Up-Right or Up-Left to jump.

Round gates have a small corner window by default. You can paper-mod your switches and either get a larger actuator, or just wrap tape around your existing one to make the whole thing a little more sensitive, making the corners easier to hit.

As for the USB cable, if it's a standard USB-B connector, I'm not surprised if it's not going in terribly snug. Plugging/unplugging it shouldn't do any real damage, though, unless it gets yanked hard any way but out while it's plugged in.
  • Hadouken foxHadouken fox Arcade stick Newb Joined: Posts: 101
    i picked up the mk tourney edition and i must say even thought the thing is fuckign HUGE its a nice stick. handles well and has a nice memory foam on the bottom for comfort.
    Hadouken Fox....Showing furry love for his fellow gamers.

:qcf:+:hp: = The only move noobs know.
  • boogityboyboogityboy Impact-Dampened Joined: Posts: 308
    I got the TE stick bundle for ps3. My first stick, but I can tell the build quality is great. I'm having no issues whatsoever, except the stick is VERY precise. Like you have to be RIGHT in the middle of Up-Right or Up-Left to jump.

I had this problem when I first got my stick. After the first week of playing with it the problem just disappeared, whether it be from "breaking" in the stick or me just getting used to using it, I have no idea.
  • TimstuffTimstuff Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool Joined: Posts: 435
    p1010004v.jpg

:D
  • trippalhealickstrippalhealicks Joined: Posts: 157
    I posted this in the other show off your stick thread, but I figured it fit better here, so might as well show it off. Dual-mod, all Sanwa buttons and stick, from MKPCUSTOMS.COM.

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00601.jpg
    PSN: BODY_HAMR
    YouTube channel: www.YouTube.com/trippalhealicks
  • SvenysvenSvenysven Joined: Posts: 2
    Now then,

Similar to you ive modded one of my sticks, I modded my 1st Madcatz TE stick using the pre made plate for MK9

I have one question, what about the other two buttons......Ive tried every combination possible in the change control options and cannot map two comands to one button or two buttons for one action.

I either have to sacrifice the tag button or the slow mo death kill using RT, LT...plus some of the options require to use the LB button.

I take it this panel by madcatz is just flawed and i'll have to drill me a further two holes..

Shame as the graphics is quite nice.
    You can pre-order them NOW, either 360 or PS3

I got one straight from MarkMan a couple days ago, and here is an example of what it looks like.

(pix nixd)

Soon we will have a template for custom artwork, and of course you can use any color buttons or ball top/bat top sticks (i am switching the ball to a bat ASAP, just dont have one for a sanwa stick yet).

This is a GREAT stick for a SF player who plays soley on a SF layout, who have never played on the old school MK layout or is just afraid of the old MK layout. THIS IS FOR YOU!

What about people who use the old school MK sticks? Will you like this more? How does it feel? Well, i was skeptical about it, but aside from using it with a ball top so far (i HATE ball tops! lol) it works very well. Its very natural. I tested it using MKT on my PS3 (its a PS3 stick, therefor its only good with a PS3) and it worked great.

I know everyone has preferences, but everyone who uses a stick needs to try this out. Storms will be at Winter Brawl with one for everyone to check out.

MAD PROPS TO LUCKDAY FOR COMING OVER TODAY AND DOING THIS MOD FOR ME!!! THANKS BRO!!
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    Hey guys, not quite the Tim Allen of arcade sticks but I have a dual mod "teasy" TE and a ps3 SE. Want to play this game with the klassic kombat layout but not sure what would be the easiest, cheapest, or most feasible.

I thought either to get a MC Kombat panel and just getting it cut to fit an SE.
    Or some how getting holes drilled into my MC TE panel in the configuration that "dual mods" for both sf and mk. But I don't want to risk mutilation the panel either. And i wonder if the buttons 1 and 3 would be too close the the joystick too.

Is this like a basic thing I could get done at a hardware store? Does anyone have other suggestions?
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
  • ban25ban25 Joined: Posts: 18
    Crossposted from tech-talk, here's my Mileena themed HRAP3:

7001628-L.jpg
  • jaydhil24jaydhil24 Joined: Posts: 78
    photobyf.jpg
    I am loving my new stick and cannot wait to swap out the buttons and stick for IL Euro and Happ Competition buttons.
    Super Lakers Fan
  • jerkstoresupjerkstoresup Joined: Posts: 13
    Not the best image, but I tore apart my Xbox 360 Fightstick TE and modded it up with the Madcatz Combat PS3 panel, Cthulhu MC, circle gate restrictor and Sanwa buttons/bat-top to match the old arcade style. Love it!

shoutout to the nice people at lizardlick for giving me a black bat-top on request when they only had white listed in-stock. <3

fightstick.jpg
  • Ssj4Crisis_XSsj4Crisis_X Battling Puddies! Joined: Posts: 112
    2011061903064182.jpg
    20110619030627788.jpg
    2011061903070766.jpg

My first arcade stick built completely from scratch! All Happ parts just waiting for the IL Joystick and cherry switches to come in the mail to complete it! Let me know what yall think!
  • Ssj4Crisis_XSsj4Crisis_X Battling Puddies! Joined: Posts: 112
    Not the best image, but I tore apart my Xbox 360 Fightstick TE and modded it up with the Madcatz Combat PS3 panel, Cthulhu MC, circle gate restrictor and Sanwa buttons/bat-top to match the old arcade style. Love it!

shoutout to the nice people at lizardlick for giving me a black bat-top on request when they only had white listed in-stock. <3

fightstick.jpg

Nice, i got Round 2 as well and been thinking about picking up the combat panel. I would just get annoyed having to switch the panels back and forth for street fighter and MK. Do you know if you can you put a IL joystick on that?