Caesars Palace - NO Console Hookups in Rooms!

rygodrygod In TrainingJoined: Posts: 107
I contacted Caesars Palace Guest Services 702-731-7110 and they informed me no electronics can be connected to the room TVs.

I asked specifically about PS3 then asked about possibility for any others and answer was "NO" to all.

They did say we could bring our own monitors and plug consoles into them.

Please let me know if there is an exception to this policy for EVO guests.

Thought it would be good to let people know not to lug their ps3 around the country unnecessarily.

FYI: This information conflicted with what the generic Harrahs Reservation rep told me. good thing i pressed him further and got direct contact with Caesars LV.
you garbage

Comments

• NYNNYN New York Nub Joined: Posts: 223
    they probably lag anyway...
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,135 admin
    Any hotels policy is not to allow you to connect a console to their setup. It will all come down to seeing if the ports are blocked.
    Shoryuken.com
  • ADAD aSiAnDeMoN Joined: Posts: 1,960
    if the ports aren't blocked then I cant see why not

question is the remote they give you, does it have a video input button, why would it since you shouldn't be able to change anything anyways unless you brought something yourself, of course if the tv doesn't have it
    | Ö | £ | d | Σ | ç | h | ò | ò | £ | Å | ┼ | Ñ | ö | ö | ñ |
  • sakeidosakeido hose brain Joined: Posts: 3,021
    Big time Vegas hotel TVs might be different but I've been in hotels before where there is a LAN port on the TV. If you disconnect that LAN cable then turn the TV off and on, all the special hotel programming stops working and then it becomes just a normal TV like any other.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sakeido - X-23 combos, Abel match vids, and the rest
  • stroggstrogg KKKramer Joined: Posts: 1,371
    Need your stick modded?
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    Haha, it's been coming next week for the past 5 months now.
  • SaikyoDanSaikyoDan Kid in the Pink Joined: Posts: 377
    I emailed the hotel I'm staying at (Flamingo's across the street from Caesar's), and the CRT's they have allow component hookups.
    SSFIV - Main: Rufus, Guile, Fei Long, Seth
    3S - Alex
  • SeedyROMSeedyROM Ibuki in Training Joined: Posts: 565
    In my experience, the higher end hotels usually have TVs that don't block/limit connections. The cheaper hotels will often put a block on it or have specific TVs that only have a normal coax cable out.

That's no guarantee that Caesar's will have it...so hopefully SOMEONE will find out. Worst case, I'm bringing my ASUS EVO monitor anyway.

FWIW, here's a description of a nicer room than we have the says it has HDMI. This is not mentioned on the Forum Tower Deluxe rooms...so who knows.
    FTE - Forum Tower Executive Suite: 42" Sony plasma-screen televisions, each with HDMI inputs perfect for video games or high-definition movies, as well as RCA and PC connections.
    [Seedy's SF4 Shack] - 1080P Boxer videos (now with Ibuki!). Tips, matches, discoveries and other crap.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/morydees34
  • Basic_ComplexBasic_Complex ::Fighter Prince:: Joined: Posts: 199
    so basically, dont bring your ps3. a luxury hotel without basic component hookups is ass.:wtf:
    My Main Players
    ===========
    Juri, Makoto, Chun-Li, Noel Vermillion, Makoto Nanya, Deadpool, Viewtiful Joe, Jill, She-hulk, X-23, C. Viper.
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    composite
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • CybermyndCybermynd Joined: Posts: 7
    Is this still an issue?

I'm really curious about this. I was planning on bringing my Ps3 to evo for room casuals and training but I don't really want to risk bringing it if there isn't going to be hookups for them on the TV's there. Has there been any word or are we all going to be up in the air till evo time?
  • Teen*IdolTeen*Idol Gabba Gabba Hey! Joined: Posts: 183
    This is pretty dumb. Now me and my buddies have to make room in the car to lug a TV all the way to Vegas..
    "He wears faded leather jackets, old black shirts and torn up converse. he doesn't smile often, but when he does it's real. he's the tough guy in a leather jacket, with a big heart. he's not the type to give up on you when you go weak. he sticks around. He's a bun."
  • SazaeSazae ... Joined: Posts: 2,140
    To get around the remote issue if you can plug your system in do what people have been doing for years at tournys, bring a cheap universal remote. Buy one for $5 and you can change the input on your tv.
  • SweetJohnnyCageSweetJohnnyCage East Coast Throwdown Joined: Posts: 1,136
    Anyone have any good packing suggestions for a monitor? PS3 I can throw in my carry-on.
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
  • DintraoDintrao Majora's Wrath Joined: Posts: 292
    Anyone have any good packing suggestions for a monitor? PS3 I can throw in my carry-on.

I put a pillow in my suitcase and just rest the screen of the monitor on the pillow, when you close the suitcase its pretty secure.
    72 Hours Remain.
  • evoanonevoanon FP Black Inside Joined: Posts: 431
    To get around the remote issue if you can plug your system in do what people have been doing for years at tournys, bring a cheap universal remote. Buy one for $5 and you can change the input on your tv.

This.
  • OrphenOrphen Joined: Posts: 570
    I'm interested in knowing this as well. I would hate to have to bring my own moniter but if I must then I will, just need confirmation.
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Yeah, Im really curious to know if they're crt tvs with av jacks.

if not, i guess i'll bring a small tv or something
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    Any update on whether the rooms have hdmi ports standard or not? I booked a room that's not one of the evo rooms so I'm not sure whether I should bring my ps3 or not.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I may bring my PS2..........should I still be worried?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • GandidoGandido Puerto Rican Torture Device Joined: Posts: 520 mod
    To anyone already making the trip out to Evo, please let us know about this.

I understand Keits flew in today. He should be able to give us a sitrep.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    Save time: test before you post.
    Hopefully asap...........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS SRK Moderator - 15+ year club Joined: Posts: 4,425 mod
    Dreamcast needs CRTs, but I got a feeling Caesars is gonna have LCDs... This is trouble for big "Award" matches because from what I hear, evo floor is off limits.
    Proven:
    Top 8 MvC2 @ Evo
    Top 3 XMvSF @ Evo
    Top 3 SkullGirls @ Evo
  • NIKO:ONENIKO:ONE Joined: Posts: 918
    we were there in february and the tv's had ports, don't know why they would suddenly change
    So what if you post on Shoryuken.com, I just threw you three times in a row.
    we were there in february and the tv's had ports, don't know why they would suddenly change

LCDs or CRTs?
    Proven:
    Top 8 MvC2 @ Evo
    Top 3 XMvSF @ Evo
    Top 3 SkullGirls @ Evo
    i called the hotel a couple days back and the booking lady talked to the front desk and they said that the port hookups work and that you can bring your systems, as long as you bring your "own" wires.
    My Main Players
    ===========
    Juri, Makoto, Chun-Li, Noel Vermillion, Makoto Nanya, Deadpool, Viewtiful Joe, Jill, She-hulk, X-23, C. Viper.
    HDMI works right?
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • dakkongeminidakkongemini Joined: Posts: 68
    ok folks my group came out early to take in some sites. we were booked in the forum tower but got a free upgrade to the pallace tower. The tv in the room has the composite or s video hook up ONLY. The tv had an input button but it beeped when it was pushed.

In the end we called the front desk and they had to send up an engineer who had to remap the chanel 2 to be the composie input but my ps3 is up and running.
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Cool. I guess it's LCD then

MMDS> Bring the TV from UCSB.
  • Shoryu ReppaShoryu Reppa Sunday drivers... Joined: Posts: 1,565
    What's good with those TV's that were supposedly gonna be in the bathroom mirrors?

I was so hype on setting up Starfox 64 on that TV and just leaving it running all weekend.
    t: @Dammit_Rab
    EVO 2012 - SFxT Top 36 Qualifier, Winners out of Pool J25
    Host of The Podsumaki Podcast- The Green Ranger's favorite fighting game Podcast
    Cool. I guess it's LCD then

MMDS> Bring the TV from UCSB.

composite and s-video sound like CRTs to me.
    Proven:
    Top 8 MvC2 @ Evo
    Top 3 XMvSF @ Evo
    Top 3 SkullGirls @ Evo
  • hold dathold dat I Strike Joined: Posts: 1,321
    Ill call the front desk then...I tried to hook it up myself but no luck lol
    The Killers Revival...coming soon
  • drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvS Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Meh, I guess I'll pack up my Asus monitor, sounds like it may come in handy.
  • 10K10K ALI Joined: Posts: 29
    I am at ceasers now they will hook up a ps3 for you but they dont have hdmi you need to bring a av multi out cable. i dont have one so they told me to hook it up in the sports book i was like lol.
    megaman ds that shit stands for dollar signs!- fanatiq evo2010
  • drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvS Joined: Posts: 1,697
    I am at ceasers now they will hook up a ps3 for you but they dont have hdmi you need to bring a av multi out cable. i dont have one so they told me to hook it up in the sports book i was like lol.

You talking about composite (yellow connector)? Or is it possible to hook up via component (red/green/blue cables)?
  • RevyFan187RevyFan187 Joined: Posts: 126
    you need composite or S video adapters
    If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him

Which tower................what's the model of the TV?
    I'm at Caeser's now, and I can't find the connections (Sony)

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    it should be on the left side of the tv, thats where mine is... i think.
    My Main Players
    ===========
    I found them................thanks.
    Hard to see though........is it the s-video?

DON'T KNOCK THE MINIBAR STUFF!!!!!!

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,522

DON'T KNOCK THE MINIBAR STUFF!!!!!!
    Yeah you dont want to touch or pick up any of that stuff... I went to UFC last year and stayed at my buds hotel room in Caesars... I picked up the camera on the minibar and my bud shook his head and said "thanks bro, that just added a camera to my bill"

oops...
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
    No hdmi ports bring composite cables!!
    No hdmi ports bring composite cables!!

Yeah............I just spoke to you on the phone.
    Apparently different towers have different TV's.

The TV in my room is a Plasma Sony (Silver).........anyone know how I can hookup a PS2 and get it working?

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    does it have s-video?

I have component and s-video for ps2 I can bring geese
    The way the TV is hooked up (wall mount).............I can't see any of the connections.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • RevyFan187RevyFan187 Joined: Posts: 126
    i am staying up in the palace tower and in here we have one of the silver sony tvs. its kinda hard to see at first but the adapters are all down the left side and the tv can tilt to help get a better view.

also make sure if you are hooking up a sony you are going to have to take it out of HD mode if it was in it before, we learned that the hard way too
    If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him
    i am staying up in the palace tower and in here we have one of the silver sony tvs. its kinda hard to see at first but the adapters are all down the left side and the tv can tilt to help get a better view.
    Did that..........still can't see it. Want to avoid knocking down the minibar stuff.
    What are the steps in hooking composite up? all I can see that the red may be in the middle. I may end up hooking it up blindly.
    also make sure if you are hooking up a sony you are going to have to take it out of HD mode if it was in it before, we learned that the hard way too

What is that exactly............how would I know if it's in HD mode or not?

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    Did that..........still can't see it. Want to avoid knocking down the minibar stuff.
    What are the steps in hooking composite up? all I can see that the red may be in the middle. I may end up hooking it up blindly.

What is that exactly............how would I know if it's in HD mode or not?

Left side of TV, there may be a panel that can be flipped open. Geese, what room ya'll in, we got some games going down in ours
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
  • 10K10K ALI Joined: Posts: 29
    just call enginering they will do it for you in like 2 min. if you dont have a cable there is a mall next to TI with a gamestop in it.
    megaman ds that shit stands for dollar signs!- fanatiq evo2010
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    So is anyone NOT seeing hook ups for a console? If everyone sees the hook ups then thats awesome! I really didn't wanna take my pc monitor.
  • KitoriKitori おーほほほほ Joined: Posts: 864
    if anyone is looking for casuals at ceasers shoot me a PM
    Twitch Stream: http://bit.ly/HiYCld