Kingston, ON (Canada) Street Fighter

Sakura.DensetsuSakura.Densetsu This is delicious!Joined: Posts: 1,283
Recently moved to Kingston from Belleville. Trying to get in-person play in Belleville sucked, however seeing as Ktown is much larger I am hoping for better results.

Added bonus ; Friend of mine runs a Comics and Games store and we are talking about opening another location with me running it. I intend to start a Fighting Game group out of this location with regular in store events. Post if interested.
I dare not say i am your superior
for that would admit to your substance
it would give you a place and a value

Comments

• yankeesownyankeesown Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm down!

If you're anywhere near Queen's, I'd make the trek to play some in person casuals.
  • XantosXantos Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

I'm coming from France and I am at Queen's this year too, I'm looking for players but I haven't brought any arcade sticks or anything to play from France. If you organize something it would be a pleasure for me to come and try some matches.
  • LunaSlaveLunaSlave insert title here Joined: Posts: 150
    there are a couple of us in Belleville - let us know if you can get something started up there...our cities are close enough that it would be worth it getting together for games.
  • RC~Sat.FightNightRC~Sat.FightNight Joined: Posts: 34
    Hey Belleville/Kingston if you guys don't mind a little travel and have interest in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 do a little inboxing to me. Check it out

Barrie's Premier Marvel vs Capcom Tournament: March 5, 2011

Tournament: (March 5) / First Saturday of each month tournament

POSTER: flyer for rob | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Singles, double elimination tournament

When: March 5 2011

Registration: 10:00am, 11:00am tournament starts (pre registering available via email or phone call to Saturday Fight Nights)

Where: OMG Games Barrie Ontario 130 Bell farm road unit 10

Venue Fee: $5 dollar venue fee at the door or free for those who pre ordered through the store

Registration Fee: $10 for those who are playing (1st 60% 2nd 30% 3rd 10%)

Contact Info: OMG Games and collectibles: 705-721-GAME

Saturday Fight Night Organizer PHONE- 705-252-8021
    EMAIL:RC.SaturdayFightNight@gmail.com

Link to the tournament here on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/f248/barries-premier-marvel-vs-capcom-tournament-march-5-2011-a-259946/
  • JED07JED07 Sleeping on the floor with the Rats Joined: Posts: 650
    Check this thread out if you are up for participating in Canada wide rankings for 3S/CVS2/MVC2/ST/HF/CE/A3/A2.

It's to get people interested in the older games again.

Don't worry if there are only a few of you in your region for any particular game, everyone is pretty much in the same boat in that regard.
    Will puke for ST.
  • WINBACKWINBACK Life's tough! Joined: Posts: 1,421
    Sup guys. Trying to find a fighting game community anywhere in or around Kingston. Any advice? Upcoming tournaments or gatherings?
    Try to use mind games on scrubs and then see what happens.
  • CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840
    sup, there isn't much of a scene in kingston but i live there during the school year and I'd be down to play then
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Joined: Posts: 225
    Hey, I don't know if you all are still interested, but a bunch of us are trying to put together a Kingston group for casual matches (and hopefully small tourneys if we get enough interest). We play Saturdays at 4 color 8 bit (346 Princess Street) from 7-12 usually and often do random sets through the week.

Here's our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/249365175112914/

Our group isn't amazing, but I like to think for the most part we have the right mindset. Hope to see you out there.
  • CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840
    Ya I'll show up for sure. you guys are planning on playing ultimate mvc3 right?
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Joined: Posts: 225
    Yeah, for sure. We play more AE than MvC3 right now because we're all kind of sick of it, but I imagine Ultimate will rekindle the interest - especially if we can get some new players.
  • LunaSlaveLunaSlave insert title here Joined: Posts: 150
    There are a couple of us here in the Belleville area who will try to make it down there. :)
  • IsotopeIsotope Joined: Posts: 1
    This looks excellent. I may have to head over Saturday to check it out. I am so very casual but am looking for something to spice up my weekend.
  • derukunderukun filthy fucking casual Joined: Posts: 449
    Anyone still play in Kingston? Might be coming here for university in the Fall.
    SFV Fighter ID - blackolives