Overland Park, Kansas
Notes: Casuals. Large variety of games.

Sundays at Next Door Pizza in Lee's Summit

Host: Lycann
Address:
Next Door Pizza (NDP)
3385 SW Fascination Dr
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Notes: Casuals. Kick ass food and beer. If you love pizza and beer you have to get out here atleast once. Off the wall selection of both.

All hookups are tentative. Please check both this thread and the facebook group to see if hookups are happening. Otherwise one day you're going to
show up at an empty room and be very disappointed.

KC SRK Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/172042259490643/

XBL/PSN/GFWL/Steam:
XBL:
Ryan Juliano - snipermav7
Malcolm Strickland - B1ack Phantom
Nick De Maria - biargh
Raith Vincent - adhdsoad
Kyah Hicks "BobSmack" - EMSBobSmack
Alex McWhirt - conicalmushroom
Nick Sharko - GetThere1Time
Sam Webb - CatgirlFanatic
Clint Corman - PanzerZeit
JSPOT - JSPOT KCRK
Dan Maldonado - Lycann
Markis Davis - papermarkis
Andrew Stevens- Chachi SRK
D'Wayne Hopkins- stormin fiasco
Nealand Rattanasamay - Boostah Monkey
Ted Zimmerlee - I Rubedo I

PSN:
Chadwick Waldrup- KCsNOTORIOUS
Nick De Maria - biargh
Alex Savage - Focra
Chris Cunningham - nFuLLBeeD
Sam Webb - SFCatg1rlFanat1c
Clint Corman - Selkies86
JSPOT - jspot0311
Darius P - dapvip
Dan Maldonado - Lycann666
Brandon Bullock - B13APeX
Spencer Pressly - Torchwood4sp
Deron James - lceBlitz (Both lower case L)
Vincent Watkins - Luigi182
Nealand Rattanasamay - Boostah_Monkey
Derek Battiest - RyuShouryuuken
Ted Zimmerlee - BurningRubedo
GFWL
Malcolm Strickland - Th3LaughingMan2
Nick De Maria - biargh
Chris Cunningham - nqFuLLBLeeD
Sean Guteriez - arkivezero
Derek Battiest - MGFanatic

Steam ID (remember to post your username you sign in with, not your nickname)
Sean Guteriez - arkivezero
Nick De Maria - Dunge0nman
Raith Vincent - sh499y3
Ryan Juliano - snipermav@hotmail.com
Chris Cunningham - nosxinsanity OR http://steamcommunity.com/id/fullbleed
MGP+sRHICws9AzPg8MOzpx8VgaoE8qFhgEADLQAoXdonEAkRYQJxySKowJ0DWAPxOPAjEB0OHIBYmSNBUAQzGDAEkhFoT6AjHjzwCaRjTQezSSgEWtFjS6A2ECC4CFSGQhEEVYMsCGQkQIArXwJQCYRnwQInZQUZsJMi0AzHAfIEGtOg9JMcAjNgSWAiEBMIXQLJSUAbRVGWBtAIOBPoQ6AlAoILUFOC4AAEcQhcCHSBgHMCUkKsHDigBogRD7LDcDMEiQKKOyxUDdggJkrEGBQTFiCSPiAAOw==
Spencer Pressly - Torchwood4sp
Ted Zimmerlee - Rubedo2k12

It takes a long time to mash out kung fu

Comments

• RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645
    Yo Nick you should post the current ranking list and update it on the first post. It'll be alot easier to refer back to here rather than repost it over and over. And maybe some space to let everyone know each others handle, real name, and PSN/Xbox live ID. Anyhow hope to see everyone tonight.

Ahhh that new tread smell.......I miss the old one already.
    necessity is the mother of invention
  • GetThere1TimeGetThere1Time Praying Mantits Joined: Posts: 665
    Can do.

Also I was reading through the early posts of the old thread and it was pretty amusing. RealSean was so hype for KoFXII. People talkin up Blaz. Some pretty entertaining stuff in there.
  • ArkiveZeroArkiveZero Stylin' on you Joined: Posts: 150
    best thread title ever
    RIP Seba Jun
    haruhisigcopy.png
  • TwilightfoxTwilightfox Joined: Posts: 222
    Haha, we do get pretty hyped up for no reason sometimes.

I like it.
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    subscribed, lets go kc!
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Good shit tonight fellas.

I was out at P and L for a while, and that was fun, but I'd probably have had more fun just staying home. :lol:

My FT5 results
    5-0 over Focra
    5-0 over SFCatgirlFanatic
    5-3 over Boxbrosg
    4-5 under Prodigy in BlazBlue (Hate that game. Damn you, Deron. Buy yourself something nice with Sams money.)

Nick and I postponed our #1 rank match till next time we play on account of being too drunk for a serious match. If I lose to Nick in an FT5 that'd certainly be interesting.. Boxy > Nick > Axiom > Boxy ... Hmm... Good thing I WON'T LOSE. :badboy:

Who's going to EVO? Jspot, Eugene and I for sure, who else? JSpot, I need some info from you as well, sir.
    Man... no respect. I'm a little disappointed to see you think both you and Boxy should DEFINITELY be above me. I mean, Boxy did beat me in the half drunk shot match where I played Blanka for 3 rounds but I don't sweat it. We'll do FT5s this Tuesday. I'll be sure to bring the heat.

Edit: I'm probably just reading too much into shit. I'm still a little drunk. That being said I don't think Boxy would be able to beat me if he brought the same Cammy from 3 weeks ago but from what I saw last night he's playing a lot tighter with her and has some new shit so it should be a good match. I'm playin him straight up next time. No excuses. As for me and you, John, I know it'll be close. It always is. I guess I'm not truly entitled to this spot unless I prove I can hold onto it for a bit but I plan on it. I got some for Kong when he gets back too!
  • SimsarSimsar Makes you wonder... Joined: Posts: 24
    To Robert and anyone else thinking of playing Dudley

BTW Good shit last night from everyone. I think I file under the Boxy way of fighting, better when I get a beer in me. Gotta level up with Cody to stop the smack talk. Some rocks and a jackpot oughta quiet the crowd. Oh and Focra, I have to beat up that Zangief more, too much fun fighting grapplers.
    Dude, that combo is so easy a pre-schooler could do it!
    How to win with Rufus = EX Bible Study - Backflip into Raise the Rufus.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159
    Good shit last night guys. Sorry I left early, I had something I had to do. I'll stay longer next week. I actually want to get on the ranking list.

It was a blast. See you guys next week!

By the way, what day is Max Out happening this month?
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    Good shit last night, I had a blast...and way too much to drink, haha.

John I would like to redo our FT5 next week as well. I was not in the best playing shape when we played.

Nick, don't you dare lose your #1 spot before I take it from you!
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    Good times last night fellas, nick and sean were mad goofy.

Got some good cnc last night from my SFU professors, got a nice buzz and used that $10 money match on some shrimp fried rice. All is good with the kid :tup:
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
  • SFCatgirlFanaticSFCatgirlFanatic AE Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 496
    Good shit last night from everyone; got some matches in with quite a few people, including the "Throw $10 away" money match lol

I kind of used yesterday as a way to test my Makoto out; I think I'm doing alright...I managed to go about 50% w/l ratio.

@Prod1gy What you know 'bout custom combos in Blazblue?? :3 Good shit in GG too....that was way too much fun.
    AE 2012: Sakura and Makoto
    KoF XIII: Yuri/Kyo/Mai
    UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Magneto
    card.png
    GG fellas. I don't think I played nearly enough as much as I drank but GGs nonetheless.

Nick - Glad to see you sticking with Blanka. We really needed one but we both know its still a work in progress. Can't wait to see it to be your second in command.

PRO-d1gy - What you know bout my 10th string character son!? 5-0 com'on I thought you were a PRO. You can't be a pro if you don't have basics down yet so remember what me and Nick taught you. Glad to see you took Johns money though cause shrimp fried rice is the shit.

Good luck to the fellas going to EVO this week. Hope the world doesn't have to see you guys rep KC.
  • luigi182luigi182 Scrubtastic! Joined: Posts: 180
    Coolness, love the new thread title. :)

Also, hope everyone's 4th is full of great justice! Have a tall cold one for America tonight! Happy 4th of July. ^_^;
    "There will always be Street Fighter!" --Jspot.
    Happy 4th, guys. I updated the OP with ranking and mains. If you want to be on the list and aren't then challenge someone or just show up to the next RR or Max Out.

Deron - Yeah, I was feeling it. I haven't drank that much in a long time but it felt good just to get blitzed for a change

FakeSean - I'll do what I can, of course, but I'm gonna have to fend off John which'll be no easy task.

Le - He's comin along. I have to say it's been a lot of fun learning to use other characters at an actual competent level and I think it's helping me be a better Rufus player and a better SF player in general. Fullbleed is a Blanka/Honda player too. I didn't have a chance to see him play too much but regardless we can talk shop and help each other step it up with the green man.
  • ArkiveZeroArkiveZero Stylin' on you Joined: Posts: 150
    fuck the green man, i refuse.

happy blow up the homeland day my dudes
    RIP Seba Jun
    haruhisigcopy.png
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    NEXT MAXOUT THREAD IS UP.

Sorry it took so long. The date is tentative, but it should be the best I can do this month. EVO is this weekend, the next weekend is free, then San Diego Comic Con is the week after that. I think I'd rather have a Maxout in July, than to wait till August, so this is the best it'll be.

I got my Tuesday closes back at my job, so I will not be in attendance for games on Tuesday.

Nick, looks like you get to hang onto that #1 till I get back from Vegas. I'll be sure to come back with some juice.
    Believe me, I'd rather be going to EVO instead of holding on to my spot. I'm incredibly jealous. I expect big things out of you, especially in T6. Show em the real Eddie of America.

Boxy - You coming Tue?
  • WardenWarden RICHARDS!!! Joined: Posts: 240
    Hey, just checking in with the KC crew. I'll be at EVO this year, my cell # is 417 505 0774. Gimme a call when you guys get there, or PM me your number. Midwest has to stick together, let's show the coasts how un-free we are!
    No, I mean...I start thinking, you know, and it makes...MRRRR URRRRRGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

GT - PanzerZeit
    PSN - Selkies86

Sorry it took so long. The date is tentative, but it should be the best I can do this month. EVO is this weekend, the next weekend is free, then San Diego Comic Con is the week after that. I think I'd rather have a Maxout in July, than to wait till August, so this is the best it'll be.

I got my Tuesday closes back at my job, so I will not be in attendance for games on Tuesday.

Nick, looks like you get to hang onto that #1 till I get back from Vegas. I'll be sure to come back with some juice.

No he won't, I shall take it before then!

Nick, Tuesdays are at John and Le's right now right? I might make it out but I 100% need to get out of there by 11-12pm, I have a bad habit of staying out too long during weekdays and that makes the next day at work hell.
  • jspotjspot Hurricane of KCMO Joined: Posts: 815
    Tuesday is back on at kevins.

AC fixed, electricity fixed.

bring yo sticks.

Final stop before evo.
    from what i know, Me Axiom and Eugene are sharing a room, Jessurugi and Warden will be there too. midwest represent!
    run, stop, FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

bring yo sticks.

Final stop before evo.
    from what i know, Me Axiom and Eugene are sharing a room, Jessurugi and Warden will be there too. midwest represent!

Cool, I will show up for a bit then. I think Kevins is slightly closer to me than John's anyway.

So Nick, you and me FT5 for the #1 spot. I'm not even on the list yet, haha. Although I did say I didn't want to do ranking matches anymore...and not being on the list is kind of funny. Maybe FT5 for a 6 pack next Friday? (I dont know if Le still wants to have a hookup for us not going to EVO). Oh and my Cammy is always evolving even without me practicing her or saying she is my main (Yeah I'm better with her, what of it). I have way more tricks up my sleeve than 3 weeks ago so don't get too confident. My prediction, 5-3 me...prove me wrong!!!

And I would like to play kevin, I have never played him except once during the team tournament he was at where I edged out his Rog.
    Yeah I can't think of a reason why we wouldn't have a hook up this Friday even with EVO around the corner. I mean if you guys just wanna stay home and watch matches all day long that's cool by me but if John, Jon, and Jessie are going then no doubt they are going to level up big time. I gotta do what I can to keep myself sharp so Fridays are still a go.

About Tuesdays I will probably announce that I will have a hook up if Jon is not able to make Tuesday at Kevin's happen.

On a side note fucking rain made my 4th suck ass.
  • luigi182luigi182 Scrubtastic! Joined: Posts: 180

Yeah, saw this earlier, got all hyped up, came home from work to tell my wife about it and found out I have some prior commitments (Jennie's company picnic is that same day). Damn the bad luck... if I can make it, it'll be later in the day...

Edit: Trying to figure out times and such... Might be able to work around this after all????

Edit again: Yeah, can't make Maxout... Blargh!!! :(
    jspot wrote:

bring yo sticks.

Final stop before evo.

HUZZAH!!!

Edit 3: electric bugalooo: Kevin's Address and directions for those who need it:

806 NE 42nd Street
    Kansas City, MO 64116

Take I-35 to Parvin rd exit.
    Head west on parvin.
    Continue on Parvin until it forks. The fork on the right goes uphill, the one on the left goes straight.
    Take the fork on the right that goes uphill, you are now on 42nd Street.
    806 is a yellow house on the right.
    "There will always be Street Fighter!" --Jspot.
    About Tuesdays I will probably announce that I will have a hook up if Jon is not able to make Tuesday at Kevin's happens.

Ok so before I posted earlier Kevin called me and told me to post that Tuesday was on. I just received a phone call from his wife nhu saying that we can't because her dad will be remodeling the basement all week.

So good news / bad news. No Tuesday up north but were closer to a Spicy TuePoint0.

Le if you can host it would be awesome. Give me a call or text if you need me to bring anything.

Also I'm not going to announce next week till Tuesday. I don't trust when I'm told things will be good to go next week.

Sry to everyone, but hey let's make it work.
    Damn I was actually looking forward to playing with Kevin too. Well I guess since nhu is remodeling the basement I can only wish that nothing goes wrong for us next week then.

Games will be on at 6 tomorrow fellas. We have 2 PS3 setups ready to go plus my prize paperweight the 360 on the other setup. We also have an extra Asus monitor so all we would need is one extra PS3 plus a XBox copy and sticks for both systems.

Anybody who is free should really come tomorrow so that we can give our boys their last minute ego boost before they get wrecked at their respective pools.
    Damn I was actually looking forward to playing with Kevin too. Well I guess since nhu is remodeling the basement I can only wish that nothing goes wrong for us next week then.

Games will be on at 6 tomorrow fellas. We have 2 PS3 setups ready to go plus my prize paperweight the 360 on the other setup. We also have an extra Asus monitor so all we would need is one extra PS3 plus a XBox copy and sticks for both systems.

Anybody who is free should really come tomorrow so that we can give our boys their last minute ego boost before they get wrecked at their respective pools.

I can bring my PS3, I just don't have the colors and shit unlocked. I can also bring my copy of Super for the Xbox. I don't have any sticks, though. T_T
    card.png
  • papermarkispapermarkis Think of New York Knicks Joined: Posts: 154
    I just learned how to plink, I feel like the proest pro of the pros right now.
    This message is already read
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    I'll try to make it tomorrow, and if not, I'll definitely be there Friday (I'll bring my 360 stick, T6 and SSF4 too). I wasn't there last Friday cuz I was at Lake of the Ozarks for the whole weekend. Fireworks at the lake are nice

Also, I've been messing around w/ a couple of different characters in Tekken, currently working on Yoshimitsu
    4-5 under Prodigy in BlazBlue (Hate that game. Damn you, Deron. Buy yourself something nice with Sams money.)
    WHAT? Man whenever I'm away I miss out on the BB action. Even though I'm rusty as hell I'd enjoy just messing around in CT. Which reminds me: this next Max Out is the last one before BBCS's release :rock:

And speaking of BBCS, the other 2 DLC characters (besides Makoto) are unofficially confirmed to be Platinum the Trinity and Valkenhayn. I'm hype for Valk, but not sure about Plat

And their themes are on the disc too. It looks like everything but the character's sprite data is done w/ each (character art, and even emblems are done for the characters apparently)

and

EDIT
    and I guess I'll add

Megaupload link for the songs ripped off the 360 version
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
    I can't play a 6 pack match, Boxy. I literally have 0 dollars. If you're really that opposed to playing for rank maybe you'd take a beer IOU lol. Anyway, see you guys tomorrow.
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Finally a Tuesday that isn't conflicting with work, gotta work at 6 but get off and don't gotta work tomorrow, I can bring a 360 hard drive, ssf4, and TE stick, I DO NOT HAVE HDMI cables though!! See you guys tonight.
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    "So in conclusion, if you're leaning toward cobalt flux drop the extra money and get the 'arcade mod-kit'. But you played in arcade, I played in arcade, and in the end you're just going to compare it to an arcade pad, and nothing is as good." ~Roblox

oh so true.
    I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight. I hope you guys will have the setups you need...O.o
    card.png
    Yo go find out what EVO pools you're in, EVO people.

Also, have a tier list. The first list is what they've compiled from talking to players. The second is their (Mago and Nemo's) personal opinion. Enjoy!

"Global" Ranking (Through discussions on forums)
    A
    Guile, Abel, Chun-Li, Dictator, E. Honda, Boxer, Rose, Blanka
    B
    Ryu, Dhalsim, Claw, Ken, Rufus, C. Viper, Akuma, Fei Long, Cammy, Gouken, El Fuerte, Cody, Sagat, Ibuki, Zangief, Seth, Guy, Adon
    C
    Sakura, Dudley, Juri, Dee Jay, Hakan, Makoto, Dan, T. Hawk, Gen

Arcadia Ranking (Mago and Nemo's personal list)
    A
    Balrog, E. Honda, Guile, Fei Long, Cammy, Rufus
    B
    Abel, Dictator, Blanka, Chun-Li, C. Viper, Ryu, Dhalsim, Akuma, Sagat, Rose, Ibuki, Zangief, El Fuerte, Claw, Gouken, Ken, Seth
    C
    Adon, Dee Jay, Juri, Dudley, Cody
    D
    Gen, Sakura, Guy, Dan, T. Hawk, Hakan, Makoto
    POOL J...... how fitting
  • SimsarSimsar Makes you wonder... Joined: Posts: 24
    GGs tonight guys.
    Boxy is now #1 in KC (At least till Kong returns, then god knows what'll happen.)
    I think I leveled up, lost a lot of matches, but most were close. Enjoyed battling GetThere before I left. Rufus is a fun match for Cody, due to the amount of things that can just randomly occur. As always Spots, I'll eventually get you, you FA spammer. No battles with BBRob, though battling Roblox, I forgot that I needed to watch the tick throws and when I did, he just did something else. So much crap you need to keep in your head when you're trying to not die quickly.

Also, good luck to all you guys who are going to EVO. Spots, remember the plan for those prizes meng. Axiom, I expect you to at least see the semi-finals in Tekken with the way you play. Pity Kong isn't going, he'd probably get that Cowboy Hat if he stuck with Mr. Masters. All in all, Good Luck, Don't Die and Have Fun.
    Dude, that combo is so easy a pre-schooler could do it!
    How to win with Rufus = EX Bible Study - Backflip into Raise the Rufus.
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Yo GG's tonight,

@Deron, My ryu is unstoppable, just face facts.

@Nick, didn't get a chance to play you disappointing

@nick, blargh: was winnin the first few matches but got careless later throughout and started playing your chase game.

@ Lee, guile is always gonna be a challenge for me, still not used to playing him yet.

@Jspot, deem yourself lucky for not playing me. Hate to lower your morale before EVO.

@Boxbros, finally got a chance to play you, not used to cammy match up but still think i did somewhat "decent", Idk what the hate is for bison, you make him sound like he is unbelievably easy to pick up and play....i'm going to try to play more like you, when i say this i mean, troll.

@Roblox, only got one game in with you, was in the beginning of the night but you were not doing as well as you did at the RR when i played you. still solid boxer though,we need to get more games in, won't feel satisfied with just one win.

@everybody else i didn't get to play, we'll get some matches in next hook up

Evo people good luck, Esp. for Jspot keep an eye on him he was already talking about asian prostitutes being 2 for 1.

Will see you guys Friday.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Props to Boxy. He played well. I think I needed to be humbled anyway. I was feelin myself a little to much after the RR. I'm frustrated at myself more than anything. I'll be back for my spot on Friday.

Simsar - You pissed me off tonight, dude. You need to understand that while being hype and saying silly shit is fun and funny, that there's a time and a place for it. When people are having a match and you're saying shit in their ear, you're going to irritate them. Sometimes it seems like you're trying too hard to fit in and that you're more enamored with the concept of a fighting game scene than actually wanting to be an active part of it. Try not to take offense to this because I know you can be an interesting guy to bullshit with and I know you mean well. We don't need you to be a pro SF player or a hype man or anything like that. Just chill and be yourself. Better someone told you now rather than later.

Chad - We never seem to get any games in, man. I'll make it a point to play you on Friday.

Le and John - If you guys find an extra pack of smokes laying around could you save it for me? Money's a bit scarce for me right now and about half a pack of cigarettes fell out of my pocket while I was there. I just hope its not outside.

Good luck at EVO, EVO guys. Pools are lookin crazy.
    Sean - I'll agree that out of all the characters I tried and picked up Guile and Bison were the easiest to figure out. And although Bison's EX PC is pretty beastly it's really just a good tool that is in his game that he has, similar to how other characters have other tools I don't have. SF has a bunch of characters with allot of different play styles. That's just what makes the game fun and trying to figure ways out to beat it or to use it to your advantage is what gives this game depth. Its easy to blame your character for not having the best tools for every situation or others for having better tools than you in certain situations. When that happens I like to think why did this happen and how can I not put myself in this situation and put the other guy in a place that he is weaker at. Thanks for the tips on Cammy though I'll be sure to work on my habit of using cl.mp combos and practice allot with cannon strike setups. Oh and congrats on beating Nick.

Chad - Yeah man Guile is a pretty good character since his buffs in vanilla. I mean the guy went from being one of the worst to one of the best like a real Cinderella story. The match is mainly bout being patient and turning it around by pressuring him when you could. Not really good advice to give but watch some Guile match vids and you'll see my point.

Nick - Your lucky I found them on my way home from work and figure they were yours. Lol was that you I heard yelling at Sim to shut up cause I swear that was Sean. Thanks for keeping me honest bout my jumpins I felt I was doing them to much in other matches and nobody was punishing me for it so I figure I go for broke and I felt the fat mans fist face.

GGs to everyone else and GL to all the bros going to EVO.
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    Good shit to all last night

Shoutouts...

@Chad: :lol: and GGs

@Le: GGs, keep working on that matchup. And yeah it was Sean, and he was yelling at me too, although I kinda did deserve it >_>

@Nick: GGs. I'll work on having more variety in my offense

@FakeSean: Tekken Zaibatsu - Tekken 6 - Move Lists - Lei Wulong doesn't have any frame data... and this is the link from the Lei frame data thread is the one I was referring to. I can kinda figure out part of it, but I'm not sure which parts are for which stances. And just to be sure I got it right, you said to work on spacing, punishing, and frame data, right?

@Deron: GGs in Tekken and Blaz. Guess I'll focus more Lei, and nice to see you be no longer trollable w/ grabs in Blaz. And if you're gonna learn GG I'll start doing some work on it as well

@jspot: GGs. Seth vs. Elf is always crazy fun

@everyone else I played: GGs

And to everyone going to EVO: GL
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
    ggs last night.

@b1argh: so im saying this giving you the option to say you were just trolling- Good shit beating me and at times actually displaying that you might one day have a decent seth. from the first time we played and the last time i watched you play, i can tell that youve really lvl'd up. youve really got that tick-command throw down and its exciting to see that since i dont get that much here in KC. Also i will admit that i HAD no respect for you before but after last night and chit chatting about seth theory i totally respect you and am glad youre part of the newer blood of KC. Saying that please hear me out

YOU HAVE NO YOMI GAME
    YOU HAVE NO OKI GAME
    YOU HAVE NO (insert anything else that came out of your mouth)

There are definitions for those words and the way you play displays that you have NO IDEA what youre talking about.
    now i totally understand (and feel closer to you) that you play for fun and your reasons for maining and sticking with seth. these reasons about you are the main reasons why i now respect you and appreciate having you added to the KC scene. Youre fun and playing you is fun and youre funny - so i could see you just trolling - so heres your chance to say you were trolling.

if you werent trolling then theres lots to fix about your game.

i lost because im bad against more pressure than my own, most of kc knows this and i need to get over it. also idk what to do against that tik-spd shit. you have 1 (one) combo and out of the 10 or 15 matches i usually got ultra everytime you tried it.

also in a casual match i will chase you down if i have a life lead because casual matches are about TRYING. i noticed that when you get scared you do the strechy arms game...... 9 out 10 times I HAD THE LIFE LEAD. WTF MATE!!?? now me not knowing how exactly to deal with someone spamming stretch armstrong is my own issue.

gs on catching me once or twice on the sonic boom>super trap but trust me when i told you - it doesnt work anymore. the reason it did work was because i was trying to splash through your fireballs... now i know everyone reading is saying "perfect Yomi in the situation" but its not yomi.... you admitted that you were just doing the trap, not that you knew i would splash through. reaction is not yomi.

OVERVIEW
    you jump too much, i imagine that you take lots of DPs
    heres your whole game (or at least all you used on me)
    -FIGHT- backdash, sonic boom, wall jump mk
    from here youre ALWAYS looking for tik-spd (which works on me OUCH)
    you continue this till you found a spot to mash dp with the intent to follow into the jesus walks
    if you some how mess up your tik-spd, you go for c.lp c.lp c.mp legs - good shit but you NEVER got mp after second lp = free ultra when i saw 2 jabs
    if you had me in the corner you would c.lp c.mp EX legs into jesus walks and ALWAYS followed with getting back in my face with c.mk = free ultra after this combo EVERYTIME
    you also used wall jump mp but NEVER capitalized on its juggle
    also i learned that seth u2 always beats fuerte u2 via u2-ing your random u2s
    oh all your ultras were random or desperate. im the king of desperation (ask chachi) and am not calling your desperate ultras a bad thing, just ill timed or ill placed - which leads to calling them random.
    if i squeaked out of your tricks and landed 2 tortillas (giving me life lead, love seths 800 lifebar) you ran away and back j.fp / s.fp and stayed away. i ran in to try to learn how to break that, which got you lots of free dmg, but i always waited 5 strechy arms to see if thats really what your plan was. sad.

Now i know your fresh but you show plenty of potential. keep on that seth and fix these things. and expand your game play. get with kevin or even better get with rex. Kevin can show and teach you all the combos (one thats 80% dmg vs fuerte {i think its fuerte specific}) i hope you can make Spicy TuePoint-o when it gets going. watching recorded matches of your own will show you lots of what im talking about. also i wanna play you more.... cuz youre fun mainly.

and to clarify all this, back when nick1Time first got good. he did the same shit to me. he broke apart my game and called me out to step it up and quit being a bad player.... maybe im saying that wrong... not that i/you are a bad player, but that i/you should be a better player and need to quit being bad. what sucks is that as i have gotten better, so has nick and his message is still the same, just on a different lvl, lol

sry for a long post everyone, just reaching out to my new friend. everyone tell me if im out of line.

summary - b1argh got a haircut and Jspot likes it.
    @jspot That was quite in-depth dude...god damn. I can see some of that from playing Nick, but I think he's definitely getting better. Glad to see you're sticking with it, Nick. :3

But this brings up something...most of the time, or at least from what I've seen, after we get done playing and whatnot, no one is talking shop/helping each other. I'm guilty of this myself, but since I'm not quite as knowledgeable I don't like to talk. :S
    If I get done playing one of you, I'd like for you guys to point out my visible flaws...ANYTHING. I have to get out of bad habits and setups. Let me know what I'm doing RIGHT and especially what I'm doing wrong.
    card.png
    Hmmmm, what to say...

First off, GG's to everyone I played yesterday. It was good seeing part of the Tuesday crew again. Wish you guys could make more trips out on the occasional Friday.

Jon - Always a pleasure, glad you like my stick (absolutely homo) and I'm glad it will being going to a good home when you take it. I imported that thing 3 years ago and only really put any hours into it when VF5 first came out.

Nick - What can I say, you looked slightly off your game. I don't know if it was just you or the fact that I played so much differently than I normally do. I really tried to let you be the aggressor this time and play reactive instead of proactive which I must say...is boring as all hell. I will be waiting on Friday for you to try to take your spot back.

John - Wish you didn't work so we could have gotten you a little warmed up in Tekken for EVO but you sounded like you were doing some Eddy homework so I'm sure you will do fine. My only advice is...I don't know, practice hit confirming CH b+3~3? Shit is the juice IMO and stops aggressive players in their tracks. I know that's not really your style but hey, every weapon in the bag helps. I'll keep the #1 spot nice and warm for you until you get back and try and take it from me. Nick will need to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Simsar and to a slightly lesser extend B1argh - Sorry for the slight lashing during Nick and I's FT5 but you both really need to learn when and how to hype a match. The occasional cheer or phrase during a match is fine. Constant random talking/bad commentating while standing/sitting right next to the players is not, its rude and annoying. I may have been the one who spoke up but I could for sure tell it was getting on Nicks nerves so I wanted to squash it early so it didn't affect our play.

B1argh - yeah I can't believe nobody has translated that data yet, sorry I couldn't be more help with that. Lei is not really John and I's forte but yes, spacing/punishment/frames are the most important parts of Tekken. You learn frame data so you know what to punish with and what is punishable if you use it. Once you really see what certain frame moves look like you can apply that knowledge across the board so every character after the first one gets easier. If you have a question about a move feel free to ask John or I, we should be able to give you a quick rundown on it after looking at it a few times.

KCs NOTOR1OUS, Le - Bison's a bitch! I would rather play against blanka 1000x more than bison.

So yeah...I think that's it. Oh, if anybody want's to know or cares what the score was in Nick and I's match it was 5-1 (OK, I'm just trollin a little, haha)
    ggs as usual, didnt get to play nearly as many ppl as i wanted to, but i wasnt feeling any game last night 4real.

Chad - lol Fuck that shit you know we ft5'in this friday now righk? But goodshit tho bro, you tend to jump ALOT, dont know if you was trying to troll, but if not thats a habit you gotta knock off.

NickB- ggs last night dude. Even tho I love trolling you in tekken i can tell you still really dont have a feel for the game. Its a gay ass game when its wants to be but ill try to help you out the best i can. As for GG, hell yea we need to play it more.

Nick1time - Read the 1st few chapters of gantz, shit is mad funny.

Goodluck to the EVO fellas. Go out there and put KC on the map, while slapping a few nice booty hoes on the ass for me.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159
    Anyone up for some TvC this Friday?
    fuck I had a big post written up then accidentally closed the window

Le - Thanks for holdin on to the smokes, man. Clutch. Also, that was Boxy yelling at Sim. I was a little bit salty from the match but Boxy played very well and I sucked, plain and simple. He deserved to win. The chatter during and after the match is what bothered me. I didn't want to say anything during the match because I know heckling is part of tournament matches and I wanted to try and condition myself. I tried to suck it up afterward because I was pissed and I don't like to speak and act rashly. When I got home and the rage didn't subside, I decided to make a post on the forums since I could think through my feelings on the matter. I know I'm not the only one who has an opinion on the matter and I thought it better for me to say something now rather than to let things come to a head.

Boxy - I mean, yeah, it didn't really feel right. I mind fucked myself basically, thinking too much about what I should how I should react to things, rather than just fucking playing the game. I learned something important about myself and my game though so it wasn't a total loss. You played very well though and clearly stepped it up so you deserve the W. Don't get comfy up there. I'll be back for that shit.

Catgirl - Lots of people are willing to offer advice. Le and I bullshit tons about the game every hookup when we go outside to smoke. If you ask us when we're not playing games, we'll be more than happy to help. The thing is, YOU have to ask. The hardest part about giving advice is knowing whether someone actually listening to you or not. When someone asks you for advice, you're guaranteed that they'll be receptive. Just ask.

I will offer you one piece of advice and probably your current biggest roadblock, realest of real talk. Stop making excuses. When you play I hear a ton of "fuckin stick" "fuckin ps3 controller" "I meant to do this" I meant to do that" "fuck this character" "fuck that character" and so on. Amazon.com: XCM Cross Battle adapter plus RUMBLE: Video Games Cross Battle Adapter. 32 bucks plus shipping. http://shoryuken.com/f271/sakura-strategy-matchups-thread-174996/ Sakura strategy and matchup thread. Free of charge. I know what its like to be broke but if you were really frustrated enough with your execution, you'd come up with the 40 bucks. Sell some shit, donate plasma, whatever.

What I'm trying to say is that I think you're making excuses and by doing so you're stopping yourself and others from being critical of your play. People generally aren't willing to listen when they instantly make justifications about what went wrong. I say this with much love no homo because I think you have potential and are holding yourself back.
    Chad - lol Fuck that shit you know we ft5'in this friday now righk? But goodshit tho bro, you tend to jump ALOT, dont know if you was trying to troll, but if not thats a habit you gotta knock off.

Oh it was definite trollin :)

Edit: Nick cowboy bebop on netflix now fyi.

lol Aight i got you this friday
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    sounds like KC is like ?"oh my gosh. im so in love. found you finally. you make me wanna say, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh my gosh".?

nick - yes, heckling/trash talk is part of tourney play but from what im reading, what they were doin is straight up annoying shit at point blank. in due time, you'll learn not to let it get to you. this only shows going off at simsar means you lack patience and tolerance............similar to your game play........lack of patience, but at the same time, i do the same so i have no room to talk, lol. half the time, i can judge a person based off game play. weird, but it works. boxy is a rush type player so he semi rushed at the opportunity to go off at simsar.

anywho, ill be comin down end of july.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • _xxNOBODYxx__xxNOBODYxx_ NOBODY'S BITCH! Joined: Posts: 1,086
    anywho, ill be comin down end of july.

I have vacation planned for the last week of July. I planned on switching it, because I make more money when working than when on vacation. But, if you're going to (KC or CoMo?), then I may reconsider and tag along if you wouldn't mind.
    Mentality is reality; attitude determines latitude; whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!