Kansas City Gaming: Hype for No Reason

Comments

• RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645
    Damn and I was wondering if all the KC hype was already done for the year.

First shoutouts:
    Darius - The prodigal son has return. Im trying to make Ultimate my main game but KOF has this tight grip on me right now and I dont want it to let go. But if its any consolidation I kinda did drop SF for it.

John - Can't stress enough how well you did last weekend brother. Good shit and hopefully none of that will turn to rust come new years.

Samson - GS running the sticks all night on KOF. I really wish I could just jump onto the game and be as solid as you chief.

Ultra Yon - Congrats on winning your first tournament. Be sure to keep it up next year fella cause you got a long list of people coming for ya.

Chad and Deron - good shit last hookup. I like seeing 2-3 stations of KOF. Hope last saturday wont deter you guys from bringing setups.

JSPOT - None of what I did could ever measure up to what you done good sir. Congrats on 4th now aim higher.

Everyone else - GS and everyone should pick up KOF. Its an honest fighting game.

Bout the ranking system the old system we had didnt really work to well because of many reasons. If anything just do it old school and based it on the opinion of the top players from each game. After that let all the scrubs battle it out to decide who should be where and if need be let there be ties. Like a ranking system would only work if there was a way to keep tabs on every players match data. The best way imo would be to host weekly tournaments for each game and compile the results based on ranbat points and so forth. And if need be have multiple tounaments a week. Like Friday have SF, Saturdays will host KOF, and Sundays be Marvel (all of this is just a suggestion on how to do it). This way there would be allot more to do and level up for.
    necessity is the mother of invention
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154

Chad and Deron - good shit last hookup. I like seeing 2-3 stations of KOF. Hope last saturday wont deter you guys from bringing setups.

Everyone else - GS and everyone should pick up KOF. Its an honest fighting game.

Bout the ranking system the old system we had didnt really work to well because of many reasons. If anything just do it old school and based it on the opinion of the top players from each game. After that let all the scrubs battle it out to decide who should be where and if need be let there be ties. Like a ranking system would only work if there was a way to keep tabs on every players match data. The best way imo would be to host weekly tournaments for each game and compile the results based on ranbat points and so forth. And if need be have multiple tounaments a week. Like Friday have SF, Saturdays will host KOF, and Sundays be Marvel (all of this is just a suggestion on how to do it). This way there would be allot more to do and level up for.

The Thing is, I personally wouldn't like the sunday for marvel mainly cuz it would mean i'd have to travel and have to deal with an 8am class the next day. but i'm only one person so if majority's for it then go for it. I would like to have a KOF tier list. I think it'd get more people to try to play the game and take it more seriously.

GG's to everybody this past weekend though. Shit was too fun. NESTS kyo dropped, i'm not buyin the bitchass character but am curious to play against him. oh wait you guys got ps3 :). if there's no wednesday hookup I'll see you guys at jspots on thursday despite the longass drive, lookin at you phantom to carpool.
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • stormin fiascostormin fiasco Dhoppler Joined: Posts: 117
    I only chime in because I can period and I understand enough things to do so.

You think you do. Preemptively jumping to the conclusions and telling people off when you can't even tell if someone's serious or not, or why they do the things they do hardly constitutes understanding.
    I only jab because you let me, If you notice I'm relatively nice until you give me a reason

You mean like addressing somebody else? In case you haven't noticed I only get pissed at these "questions" when they're in response to something I said to somebody else. And if your misguided little facts, needless suggestions, and beside the point knowledge irritate me so much in game especially when they have nothing to do with my aims and/or you haven't fully grasped the situation, why do you think I'd tolerate them irl?
    for you to tell me im not good is just ridiculous. You come at me as a child you best in January fight like a man. whats the goal this time?

Is it now? Since I'm on the losing end right now, I'll address that later. I'll show you what I look like when the kid gloves come off and I put competition before fun.So I suggest you hit the gym cuz your weak dungeon shit aint gonna cut it in my dojo.

First to fade. We'll play FT10 for the pleasure of handing the opponent a literal fade. Loser is stuck with the hairstyle until it all grows back naturally. No alterations, no cutting the rest off. If found in violation, loser can hit the road til June.

Axiom, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer.

Dave, jokes aren't supposed to make people puke.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure, but garbage is gonna be shit regardless.
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    So I suggest you hit the gym cuz that weak dungeon shit aint gonna cut it in my dojo.

Whoa whoa whoa.......Aye man thats between you and that man Phantom. No need to disrespect my copyrighted material like that. I would appreciate it if you changed it to "his" weak dungeon shit. :tup:
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
  • DAPVIPDAPVIP Word of Advice: Top players win by mashing. Joined: Posts: 154
    I have a suggestion. Let's do this Mario Kart Style.
    1st Place: 10 pts
    2nd Place: 8 pts
    3rd Place: 5 pts
    4th Place: 2 pts
    5th Place: 2 pts

Participants: 1 pt.
    Non Participants: 0 pt

Weekly tournaments at either NDP, Axiom's, Jspot's, Ant's or Le's place.
    Points reset after each month so you guys may want to start at the beginning of January. Whomever has the most point at the end of the month has won that set, regardless if he got first in fewer tournaments. This mean that the player has stayed the most consistent and has been participating in many tournaments. Given the circumstances, Tournaments can only be held once a week. If someone can schedule a consistent time, date, and place for as many participants can meet to do tournaments and someone who is willing to keep track of the points, I'm pretty sure that it will catch fire and will be a much more fun thing to do.

Adding an incentive to come out and compete would be to give the winner of each month a prize. Either free dinner, gift card, discount, bonus money. Something else other than the usual pot money. It's my suggestion. If it's the same winner for 3 months in a row, then I believe it to be ridiculous to do something like this because the incentive is not doing it's job. It's meant to motivate others to want to join and compete to be the best.

There's my 2cents.
    The sooner you realize that Mash > Everything, the faster you'll become at being a better player. Deep down, you know it's true.

UMVC3: Dante, X-23, Iron Man.
    SSIVAE: Guy.
    @ Dr. Gatorade. Thanks man for the X-23 props. Yeah she's my best character. As long as she's still alive, I still have a chance to win. If you went back to watch the video, you could see me always staying out of the range of Akuma assist. I never wanted to be put in a situation where that assist could put me in a mixup situation, so I waited until you call it to back up and then once it left, I went in. Also, I've played a lot of Zero's so I know all he wanted to do was lightning mixups. I wanted to repulsar you out of the air with Iron Man but it was too risky. The one time I got you with Iron Avenger was when I felt I had comfortable space. All in all, the tournament could have gone either way. Next time, just x-factor kill my X-23. My Nova is a fraud lol. I'll be leveling him up in the later months. Try and come down here one more time before I head back to Atlanta later this month. I'm always looking forward for more competition. GG's Man.
    The sooner you realize that Mash > Everything, the faster you'll become at being a better player. Deep down, you know it's true.

• Blackphantom91Blackphantom91 Take this mixup. Joined: Posts: 372
    @D'wayne

You mean like addressing somebody else? In case you haven't noticed I only get pissed at these "questions" when they're in response to something I said to somebody else. And if your misguided little facts, needless suggestions, and beside the point knowledge irritate me so much in game especially when they have nothing to do with my aims and/or you haven't fully grasped the situation, why do you think I'd tolerate them irl?

First to fade. We'll play FT10 for the pleasure of handing the opponent a literal fade. Loser is stuck with the hairstyle until it all grows back naturally. No alterations, no cutting the rest off. If found in violation, loser can hit the road til June.

Dave, jokes aren't supposed to make people puke.

1. I ask questions to learn thats all, If you dont like them I wont ask. If you dont want any sugesstions fine.

2.First to fade should be fun, I was heated at first now im optimistic to learn from this really, Bring your best!

3.Agreed are you sure you want to do a F10?

as for the dungeon shit thats Prodigital's Copyright You best believe i'm in there right now!

Still dont get why you hate me so much? but meh people will be people I guess.

@Dave- You would say something like that to show your sick fantasies.
    "Jin Kisaragi belongs in marvel!" -Prodigital
    "Im not about to play on the floor like some damn animal!" - Kc Notorious
  • stormin fiascostormin fiasco Dhoppler Joined: Posts: 117
    excuse me prodigy, changes made

and yeah. I have lost ground to make up.

Hate you? No, no, no. I hate it when people meddle with my good times. You, you're alright, when you're not nagging about the way I talk to people. I go home when I wanna put up with that shit. I hate when people tell me what to do and ask pointed questions about what I do. And by all social rights you have no business doing so nor will I yield that to any of you unless I'm in your house or your place of business.

If you still don't get it there's nothing I can say to you but "Learn to people."

As for this rivalry, it's anything but that. I'm just stuck on stage one of some totem pole I'm working my way up. It only seems like a series of grudge matches because you're ticking me off in the process.

So watch out KC I'll be coming for the rest of you soon.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure, but garbage is gonna be shit regardless.
  • SPIRE_FANSPIRE_FAN Fan of The Diamonts! Joined: Posts: 44
    Hey fun times at final round KC.
    I'll be sure to make it to maxout.
    I would do shoutouts but, finals tommorow and it's late.
    So i just wanna say really close games to the people i fought in AE and thanks for having the great organization guys!
    "It's about the player and about the way you play the character. Rather then some numbers on a match up chart, that never won anybody anything"- Seth Killian (Evo 2010)
  • GetThere1TimeGetThere1Time Praying Mantits Joined: Posts: 665
    No money matches? Disappointing. I'm not particularly interested in just doing "hype matches." It's really not the same with nothing on the line.

Since its the Festivus season, let me just air my grievances by saying that when someone calls next, honor that shit or give a good reason why you're not. I think that if there isn't a line, when someone calls next play 2/3 and then maybe get in uno mas and then call it done. If there is a line, then 3/5 sets for SF and Marvel and 2/3 sets for KoF is fair. It's a matter of etiquette. Nothing makes me angrier in this scene on a regular basis than setup hogging bullshit.

---

Danisen battles would be awesome but they would basically require a dedicated setup per game. I think Danisens are the only way to go if we're going to do rankings. It's very fair acrossed the board. There's no penalty for being absent. It'll work over various KC hookups for those who can't make it to OP all the time. You can enter numerous characters as their own entity (like player cards in arcades). I still need to figure out details on how long players play and how many times they can rotate and other details but I'm doing some research to work that out.

Here's the rules:
    • New players begin at 1st Dan
    • Players fight other players within 1 rank of themselves
    • One win = +1 point, One loss = -1 point, +3 moves the player up 1 rank, -3 moves the player down 1 rank
    • Rankings go from 1st to 10th Dan, with special rankings after 10th Dan
    • After 10th Dan, players only fight other players of the same rank, and must instead get +5 points to move up a rank
    It takes a long time to mash out kung fu
    Me like it reminds me of virtual fighter, do you lose rank and how do we keep track
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    GGs to all at the tourney. I feel like a fraud in MK. :eek: BB and KoFXIII were very goodtimes though.

And shoutouts to Chad getting blown up by the little kid waiter, being called a liar. :lol:
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    And shoutouts to Chad getting blown up by the little kid waiter, being called a liar. :lol:

yeah what the hell was up with that. Haven't been bullied like that since kindergarten.

Any word on a hookup tomorrow?
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Rules jacked from SoCal Blaz since their scene seems to be a similar size as ours. Obviously we can change the rules to suit us. Just ignore anything Blaz specific:

Event Info

What the fuck is a Danisen?

Good question. The Danisen system is something that's gained popularity in fighting games over the years and is something they use to rank people outside of the standard ranbats. Basically, it's like playing for points. You fight your opponent as you normally would, and then you gain or lose points for winning or losing. There are associated levels and restrictions based on each level. Pretty simple.

Dan System

Starting out
    -Each time you win a match, you gain 1 point. Each time you lose a match, you lose 1 point.

-Everyone begins at "Rank 1" ranking with zero points.

-You cannot go below 0 points as a Rank 1

Leveling up
    -You can level up by reaching +3. Conversely, if you reach -3 in your ranking, you will level down.

-Every time you level up or down, you start at +0 for that Rank. From there, you can once again move up or down as normally.

-You can only play someone within 1 rank of yourself. For example, Rank 1 vs Rank 2 is fine, but not Rank 1 vs Rank 3.

-If there are less than three people in the highest current level, you may not play at that level until there are at least three people. Try to focus on an alt if you make it to the very top.

Rank 5 - Strong

-Due to the current player cap, Rank 5 is now a special Rank

-Rank 5 requires a player to reach +5 to reach Rank 6, getting demoted to Rank 4 still only requires a -3

Rank 6 - The King of Kings

-Rank 6 is the same type of special rank

-However, you must reach -5 to get demoted from Rank 6

Rank 7 - God of Gods

-A player who is Rank 7 cannot Gain points, for example, if he wins at -4, he will stay at -4

-Similarly, losing to a Rank 7 player does not cause you to lose points (unless you are also Rank 6)

-All wins will instead be counted as W's. They will be tallied up in a cumulative score.

System Rules

-Standard tournament rules, 2/3 rounds, 99 seconds, NO CHEAP SHIT

-All characters are allowed, except the unlimited ones

-In the interest of not wasting time, no Stylish Mode chracters

-Each match you play is 1 point, it is NOT 2/3 matches per point

-Winner stays after he wins, if he gets promoted, then he must get up.

-Losers get up, if there is REALLY no one else to play, you can have a salty runback funback

Station Rules

The way the room is set up is something like this:

-Each TV will have a level range assigned to it (Rank 1-2/Rank 2-3/Rank 3-4)

-Line up on a TV within your correct range

-When it is your turn, sit down and play your opponent

-If you win, you must stay put. If you lose, you must line up on a DIFFERENT station in your range.

This way, if you are capable of following directions, you will never play someone out of your range. If there are a lot of players in a particular range, we'll increase the number of setups for that range, but the same rules apply.

Different Character Rules

-You may play more than one character at the Danisen, each character will have their independent score own score.

-You can even play a character in a vastly different way and have it count as in independent character (For example, Bobby can play on stick have have his score be independent)

-You may play multiple characters per day. HOWEVER, if you choose a character, you may not choose another character until you level up or down with that character. The exception is if you are Rank 1 with 0 points, you may switch character whenever you want.
  • snipermavsnipermav I SPIT HOTTA FYYAHH Joined: Posts: 380
    Dwayne and Malcolm before the MM:

"Yea
    All day
    Just me
    By myself
    On the block
    Holdin it down
    Gun in my waist
    Straight face
    All day
    Not a game
    In Jail
    By my self
    Two beds
    One pillow
    No pillowcase
    Didn't nobody write me
    It was early
    Woke up
    Went back to sleep
    Took a nap
    YOU EVER GO NIGHT NIGHT?!?!?"
    "You have to be the richest man I know that plays poverty fighters" - GetThere1Time

"You think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole Kansas City scene?!? SHEEEEEEEEIT" - Sen. prod1gy
  • SFCatgirlFanaticSFCatgirlFanatic AE Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 496
    Rules jacked from SoCal Blaz since their scene seems to be a similar size as ours. Obviously we can change the rules to suit us. Just ignore anything Blaz specific:

Event Info

What the fuck is a Danisen?

Good question. The Danisen system is something that's gained popularity in fighting games over the years and is something they use to rank people outside of the standard ranbats. Basically, it's like playing for points. You fight your opponent as you normally would, and then you gain or lose points for winning or losing. There are associated levels and restrictions based on each level. Pretty simple.

Dan System

Starting out
    -Each time you win a match, you gain 1 point. Each time you lose a match, you lose 1 point.

-Everyone begins at "Rank 1" ranking with zero points.

-You cannot go below 0 points as a Rank 1

Leveling up
    -You can level up by reaching +3. Conversely, if you reach -3 in your ranking, you will level down.

-Every time you level up or down, you start at +0 for that Rank. From there, you can once again move up or down as normally.

-You can only play someone within 1 rank of yourself. For example, Rank 1 vs Rank 2 is fine, but not Rank 1 vs Rank 3.

-If there are less than three people in the highest current level, you may not play at that level until there are at least three people. Try to focus on an alt if you make it to the very top.

Rank 5 - Strong

-Due to the current player cap, Rank 5 is now a special Rank

-Rank 5 requires a player to reach +5 to reach Rank 6, getting demoted to Rank 4 still only requires a -3

Rank 6 - The King of Kings

-Rank 6 is the same type of special rank

-However, you must reach -5 to get demoted from Rank 6

Rank 7 - God of Gods

-A player who is Rank 7 cannot Gain points, for example, if he wins at -4, he will stay at -4

-Similarly, losing to a Rank 7 player does not cause you to lose points (unless you are also Rank 6)

-All wins will instead be counted as W's. They will be tallied up in a cumulative score.

System Rules

-Standard tournament rules, 2/3 rounds, 99 seconds, NO CHEAP SHIT

-All characters are allowed, except the unlimited ones

-In the interest of not wasting time, no Stylish Mode chracters

-Each match you play is 1 point, it is NOT 2/3 matches per point

-Winner stays after he wins, if he gets promoted, then he must get up.

-Losers get up, if there is REALLY no one else to play, you can have a salty runback funback

Station Rules

The way the room is set up is something like this:

-Each TV will have a level range assigned to it (Rank 1-2/Rank 2-3/Rank 3-4)

-Line up on a TV within your correct range

-When it is your turn, sit down and play your opponent

-If you win, you must stay put. If you lose, you must line up on a DIFFERENT station in your range.

This way, if you are capable of following directions, you will never play someone out of your range. If there are a lot of players in a particular range, we'll increase the number of setups for that range, but the same rules apply.

Different Character Rules

-You may play more than one character at the Danisen, each character will have their independent score own score.

-You can even play a character in a vastly different way and have it count as in independent character (For example, Bobby can play on stick have have his score be independent)

-You may play multiple characters per day. HOWEVER, if you choose a character, you may not choose another character until you level up or down with that character. The exception is if you are Rank 1 with 0 points, you may switch character whenever you want.
    That sounds godlike. I really dig it.
    AE 2012: Sakura and Makoto
    KoF XIII: Yuri/Kyo/Mai
    UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Magneto
    card.png
  • jspotjspot Hurricane of KCMO Joined: Posts: 815
    i vote yes for ranking system.

dont forget for those that can make it - thursday hookup is on for sure. hope to see peoples.

dave- much appreciated
    run, stop, FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dwayne and Malcolm before the MM:

"Yea
    All day
    Just me
    By myself
    On the block
    Holdin it down
    Gun in my waist
    Straight face
    All day
    Not a game
    In Jail
    By my self
    Two beds
    One pillow
    No pillowcase
    Didn't nobody right me
    It was early
    Woke up
    Went back to sleep
    Took a nap
    YOU EVER GO NIGHT NIGHT?!?!?"

LOL you stupid
    cool now how are we gonna keep track of this shit? Like there must be hundreds of matches going on at every hookup. Who should be responsible to keep track and record. Or should we just keep track of it ourselves in our own notebooks?
  • rei_vincentrei_vincent King of Random Select Joined: Posts: 145
    Put a paper by each setup and after each set, you gotta write on it
    Dante/Dormammu/Magneto

I don't need dubstep to win. Stay free Zero/Vergil players.
    Wow you messed the whole thing up
    As for money instead of hype matches I enjoy it either way I just like running endurance matches

As for super disisen battles opera 4 I say let's do it
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    I like the idea of this system. Should this be limited to tournament play, or will this be for hookups too?
    I say limited to hookups since tournaments are tournaments and with the rules of the danisan it would be problematic to keep rank 1 from playing against rank 4
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,674
    We could always use this: http://battlecardsystem.com/index.php
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    This is interesting stuff. I say go for it
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    For those of you who think you have reactions, welcome to Tekken:

noodalls Throw Break Trainer, released during Tekken 6 era has been updated, with many new features.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dn8bbr1r1p18e6

Improvements

- Updated to TTT2P
    - Mouse GUI
    - Mouseover to give instructions while waiting
    - Mouse/keyboard/joystick (via xpadder) input
    - 1,d+2 animation added to help recognise and distinguish throw animation
    - Variation in timing between throws possible
    - Neutral animation
    - Correct but late result added
    - Decreased memory requirements
    - Ling instead of Jack6 (smaller arms)

Same as last time
    - 60fps (or other speeds)
    - Variable difficulty

Resolution is 480x272 to fit onto iPOD/PSP in the future (potentially).

/HELP FILE/
    Tekken Throw Break Trainer

Made with
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue Edition
    Programmable Stick
    Hauppauge HD PVR

Designed to help people learn how to identify and break throws.

Timing window is accurate. Size of images is 480x272 to fit on PSP/Ipod/anything else. 60fps.

Needs ~300mb ram (half of the previous version).

Usage should be a lot more intuitive than the previous version

Play button to start (can also use 8 on numeric keypad)
    Stop button to stop (can also use backspace)

Difficulty has eight levels
    1 - 2P 1+3 and 2+4 throws
    2 - 2P 1+3, 1+2 and 2+4 throws
    3 - 1P 1+3 and 2+4 throws
    4 - 1P 1+3, 1+2 and 2+4 throws
    5 - All throws
    6 - 2P throws and 1,d+2
    7 - 1P throws and 1,d+2
    8 - Everything

FPS can be changed in jumps of 10. 60fps is true to real Tekken

Interval has six levels
    0 - 120F between throws
    1 - 90F between throws
    2 - 60F between throws
    3 - 30F between throws (two throws per second, very little time to see results)
    4 - Variation in timing between throws
    5 - Even greater variation in timing between throws

Input is via mouse or keyboard. Joystick support may come at a future time

1 - Keypad 1, keyboard i, mouse button 1
    2 - Keypad 2, keyboard o, mouse button 2
    3 - Keypad 0, keyboard j,k,l, mouse button 3

Feedback always appreciated at TZ or arcadepimp

Noodalls is the man for updating this (Welcome to what I will be doing at work during any down time!)

Edit: One thing to note for anybody trying this (I suggest anybody who plays tekken to download and play with it). This son of a bitch is set up to be as difficult as possible. It uses Ling as the throw dummies who has the hardest throws to see thanks to small arms, it uses standard throws and not forward throws which makes them harder and it can switch sides on you if you set it up for the hardest difficulty. I'm only sitting at about 25% throw breaks so far...
    HOOKUP TONIGHT- bring setups/games/sticks/pride etc
    7 till late. Come through the back door under the deck. it will be unlocked. drop your shoes on the black mats next to the door. please park in the street and not in the driveway. wife will be coming and going throughout the night

so i say, if we have enough players and interest, we try the rank thing tonight. try as in it doesnt really count but we get a feel of how it would flow. if we dont have the people/interest then we just dont do it.
  • BaztasticBaztastic Irregular Maverick Hunter Joined: Posts: 465
    xbl - bluberrylite
    | 1926 * 1931 * 1934 * 1942 * 1944 * 1946 * 1964 * 1967 * 1982 * 2006 * 2011 |
    http://stlbarwarz.tumblr.com/ - Check out Season 2 details and more
    www.facebook.com/stlbarwarz - Like Us!
  • snipermavsnipermav I SPIT HOTTA FYYAHH Joined: Posts: 380
    Yo fun times last night. GGs to all that I played in KoF, especially Chad and Samson. Those long sets were especially helpful.
    "You have to be the richest man I know that plays poverty fighters" - GetThere1Time

"You think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole Kansas City scene?!? SHEEEEEEEEIT" - Sen. prod1gy
    Yo hookup tonight at my place. 8:00 till whenever bring setups if you dont wanna play KOF all night
    GGs last night fellas, im really loving this kof interest.

Jspot- Been awhile bro, i appreciate the hospitality as usual. Its hella far but the crib is hella nice.

Chad - Great games last night. I feel myself getting better everytime we play. As my understanding of the game gets better i figure my footsie and offensive game will get better. Your right about the throw teching tho. I got better as the night went. Its just sometimes when i try to tech i sometimes hit d/b or d/f which wont allow the break. That and i was getting thrown outta my shit too much. Still soul searching even though kensou put in some workl last night.

Malcolm - FFF hoe

Ryan - Pineapples

Samson - I didnt get to play you so we'll get it in next time. Dont forget to include me in the grind sessions.

Alex - I didnt kno Jfk

1time - Hurry up and find you a marvel team so you can play more KOF

Darius - Always good to see you bro'

Raith - Dont pick the broke team

Everybody else.....get that Jspot money.

Btw that throw breaking trainer is legit. I most def recommend tekken players to get on it.
    GGs yesteday I mainly played sf most of the night but kof next time.

Prodigital- Play more SF

Alex- I did know JFK, Playing grapplers is annoying.

1time - Sagat man

Daruis- Endin dem streaks

Jspot - Great place but far away.
    great hookup thursday night. i wish every hookup could be like that. i wish everyone a merry xmas. i think i will be hosting thursday. will post when im for sure.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Greetings and Happy Holidays from New Jersey!

I'm coming back tomorrow afternoon, and when I get back it's super grind time. I've got a lot of work to do with all my games, and I just recently read an article that reinforced the importance of training, as well as a reward system. If anyone pays attention to the front page articles, they might have seen this:

Six Psychological Tips to be a better player and use training time more efficiently.

I found the #3-4 parts to be particularly helpful, so all of you be sure to do your homework, check out the available articles. I'll be looking forward to part 5-6.

I think the Danisen system is on the right track, for sure. I'd even go so far as to say I agree we should adopt it. How to implement it though, remains a question. Should everyone just bring a notebook and keep track of 'rank matches'? Should we post up results and have a 'database admin' (I'd do this if people want to go this route) but that would require responsible recordkeeping on the part of the individual. I know this wouldn't be an issue for most, especially if the incentive is to tell everyone else "Yo, you're my bitch. Just look at this rank next to my name."

I also like the idea of seperate team or character ranks. Has anyone tested this Card system site? I messed around with it and since I didn't have any real data to put in yet, I found it hard to find usefulness in it. Would this be something we could rely on, or should we rely on our own manual recordkeeping? If people were committed to keeping track of their own data (which was never a problem in the past) when they have their rank matches, and just let me know. It'd be pretty much the same concept as before, FT3/FT5 whatever, but we would keep track of rankups during the hookups too.

A reward/ranking system is a great idea. I think it could be the extra motivational push a lot of people need. It'd give a daily idea of a persons progress in relation to his peers rather than a monthly one where he might have gotten a bad bracket. With big titles like SF, Marvel and KoF in the spotlight right now, I think we could continue to see growth, and maybe even garner new interest.
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    I picked up Ultimate MvC3 for free today (rewards points FTW), yeah my execution sucks balls but I'm enjoying trying out the new guys. Anybody think Doom, Hawkeye, x-23 would be worth a damn?

Also, John, for the keeping track of stuff I have an idea, I will talk to you about it when I think out the details a bit more.
    John- I think you'll be pleased to know at least one aspect of my play will be improving soon.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/26/sanwa-developing-quiet-stick-and-buttons/
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

• MR.MisterMR.Mister retirement Joined: Posts: 264
    Well, finally sat down and started messin' with AE 2012, must say I'm liking the new juri tech. Hopefully I can make something happen with this slut this tyme.
    Boxy, yeah that's a solid team. Doom and Hawkeye are super versatile characters so you could pretty much throw anyone on point with those two.

If no ranking stuff gets off the ground, I'm just gonna toss up tourney results from FRQ and get it crackin the old fashioned way. It's nice to say we're gonna get this stuff goin but in the end, we all just end up playing games and not worrying about it. I think that's why the original system worked so well. It just required the organization of 2 people rather than the organization of many.
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    This thread is getting really good, i love it. Where can i find videos of the FRQ btw? I heard you won axiom, good shit.

yo hookup and pho this thursday
    pho at 3 at vietnam cafe in columbus park.
    hookup at 7 till late. you know the drill
  • CrimsonCrimson Joined: Posts: 1,029
    eew. YO KC, I got an old Hauppauge HD PVR if you guys want to use that for streaming.
    Crimson- How much do you want for it?

100 if thats cool. I got to find the disk though.

Make me an offer if thats too much
    I should be able to work out a payment next week if someone else doesn't jump on it first.

You got any sticks you would trade for it?
    I have a 360 TE, a PS2 Hori T5 stick, and a HRAP3 that needs the PCB replaced. I'm thinking about ordering a Paewang dual-mod PCB for the HRAP3.

What kind of TE? Drew do you have a facebook? post your link here so we can talk in chat.
    Check your PMs Crimson