Kansas City Gaming: Hype for No Reason

Comments

• InsertCoins25InsertCoins25 Joined: Posts: 44
    What were the results from AE singles? Is there a place where this is listed? Wish I could have hung around and participated more but had to take off early unfortunately.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,710
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/maxout-7-23-11-s4e6.141867/

Add me on Xbox Live if you want to play some HDR or HF. Tag is Chachi SRK (such imagination, I know). I would recommend doing a quick Google for GGPO or Supercade if you want a better online HF/ST experience.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645
    Yo Im gonna see the Tekken movie tuesday if anyone else is going hit me up. its gonna be at the AMC30 at strangline and the only showing is at 7:30
    necessity is the mother of invention
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    GGs at the tourney, I'm pissed about dropping shit (teleport mixup, houtenjin) but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh good times (except for trying to do a 40 minute drive in 20...)

@Deron: GGs in BB. Most derptastic ending to a tourney match ever? (You know what I'm talking about.) I think so. :confused:

@FullBleed: YEAH 3RD PLACE IN TEAMS SO GOOD!!! :lol:

@2am: MK troll sessions in tourney grand finals all day every day.

@Nick1time: GGs, glad to get games in AE finally.

@Le: GGs, need to fight that Fei more. BTW I'm interested in seeing the Tekken movie, though to make driving out worth it (especially if the weather and my car's AC stays shitty) would you be down for games afterward if Spicy Tuesday doesn't happen?

@Anyone interested in MK: I mentioned this to some people at the tourney, but there's gonna be a MK hookup in (hopefully) a couple weeks, probably on a Saturday (probably the Saturday the week after Evo, so just under 2 weeks). If interested, lemme know and say what character you wanna learn so I can grind out some fairly basic starter stuff w/ the character (if I haven't worked on them yet). And since a certain guy who "retired" from T6 expressed interest in this, if anyone wants a 1 on 1 grind session sometime PM me and we'll work something out.
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
  • Blackphantom91Blackphantom91 Take this mixup. Joined: Posts: 372

Special shoutouts to all the kids that came in wanting to play in MK, only to not stick around for the actual tournament. I gotta hold out until they lift the ban on the new characters. I'll probably have to pick up a PS3 pad too, playing MK on a traditional stick layout feels counter-intuitive.
    You have to just play it enough it gets better.
    "Jin Kisaragi belongs in marvel!" -Prodigital
    "Im not about to play on the floor like some damn animal!" - Kc Notorious
  • HonkieHonkie Cracka Joined: Posts: 37
    They're doin a disc release :x

Chaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd.
    Zing.
  • Blackphantom91Blackphantom91 Take this mixup. Joined: Posts: 372
    Shout outs.

Axiom- Thanks for destroying me horribly in tekken but its all fun n games. Thanks for the advice also

Le- Your fei's hit-confirm is pretty awesome and Knowing frames does make a big difference in a players play. Thanks for the guidence

Deron - Fuck you! Thanks for the entertainment and laughter and making me look like a master blocker lol (thats all I could remember how to do in tekken) its a really fun game and possibly may pick it back up.

Chachi- Playing you in the team tournament was kinda a mind fuck It was a mirror and I got out classed in every way good stuff.

Blarg- Sigh thanks for presuring me into mk and trolling in grand finals kanno is annoying.( but isnt he like mid teir now?)

Pj- wow, thanks for breaking down life for me and how video games n stuff fits in there your pretty knowledgeable about alot of different things.

Samson- Watching your and axioms grand final set was intense it really helped to watch high lvl play like that.

Stormin - Keep practicing that Rindokan karate your makoto is pretty good just need to not bank of karakusa. I like to use it as a mind game.

To everyone else good games, This weekend really helped me as a player and your feedback and guidance only is going to help me become a better player its already showing. Knowing match ups and frames of my characters pays off. Although Still strugling with doing some option selects with my characters.
    "Jin Kisaragi belongs in marvel!" -Prodigital
    "Im not about to play on the floor like some damn animal!" - Kc Notorious
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Chaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd.

Jesse??? whatup man, didn't know you browsed the forum
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • dRu84532dRu84532 AWWWRIGHT!! Joined: Posts: 218
    gg's chachi...gotta learn how to fight vs fei better!

i can't believe i landed ex mgu dash ultra!
    Xbox Handle - dr3wbs
    GGPO Handle - drewbs
    IRC Handle - drewbs
    Good stuff Drewtwo, MGU dash ultra was clutch. I'm not allowed to bring Fei out in public until I can hit confirm c. mp/mk xx super and hit one frame links off of chicken wing reliably.

GGs to InsertCoin in HF earlier. Pretty solid. Beat my Gief.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

• dmacdmac Joined: Posts: 35
    as always, max out was a blast, thanks to Axiom and Le for running it
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    GGs all weekend

Ryan - LOL how dare you troll me. God matched me in arcana and you gave me the unamused face. Drunken Ryan is the most legit shit.

John - You dont understand how bad i wanted to win that match. I had alot to prove to myself in that match. Cant say that im satisfied with the outcome, but im still getting better. Not even gonna lie though, its a good feeling to here from the bastards who use to troll you for free, actually acknowledge your progress. I hope that lil marvel convo gave you a better outlook on your gameplay.

Blargh - GGs to you also good brotha. I was pretty pissed about that match. You could probably say that was the reason for me to stop bullshitting and get in that ass.

Raith - Blazblue 101......Get At Me

Samson - I havent had fun playing marvel in a long time. Those combos were saucy, plus you actually can play tron which always gets my thumbs up.

Malcolm - Frame data, Option selects.........Learn it, Love it, Embrace it.

Peter - Glad you came bro, its always goodtimes when your in the building.

PJ - Dude need to stop beating me in blaz.

Le - Just for being Le

Boxy - Just for being Boxy

Alex - Just for being EX Money Hand

1time - Imma need the Sf rundown on my game sometime this week. You can tell me face to face or throw it up here. Im pretty much in the dungeon in all games this week.

Everybody else goodtimes as usual
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159

@FullBleed: YEAH 3RD PLACE IN TEAMS SO GOOD!!! :lol:

Team Derp will take first place next MaxOut teams.

I lost matches I shouldn't have I will beat these people next time. That is all. pringly salty real talk blast
  • MR.MisterMR.Mister retirement Joined: Posts: 264
    Boxy losing to that guile player lol. Even I beat him HaHa. I mean really, who uses U1 with guile?
    More people should play MK, it is really good. Mileena needs Ivory cutter.
    Smakula - don't get discouraged. Keep leveling up in tekken. The nina vs hwaorang match up is very hard for hwoarang. I know jon believes every match in T6 is a 5-5 but it is not. The nina vs k-bob is 7-3 nina. nina is faster, has better pokes, better set ups, more reliable juggles, better wall game, and b1(the k-bob killer). You also have some bad habits that even an old dinosaur like me can pick up on, like you abuse d1. I just started to low parry or ss2 d1 when I knew for a fact you were going to do it. Also you don't break 12 throws at all. once I found that out I stopped doing the other throws and just did elbow smash. Those are some things you need to work on
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    Boxy losing to that guile player lol. Even I beat him HaHa. I mean really, who uses U1 with guile?
    owwww. low blow.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    To be honest, I bet Z and DMAC will be bodying the hell out of most of the low-mid level players around here within another month or two. Bet it. Especially if they start coming out to hookups and playing the better players. I know I see DMAC at Wednesdays, but I haven't played him much. But Anthony (dmac) has great execution, which is a rare gift to have when you're first starting into a game. Reactions can be gained over time, but execution is a pain in the ass to master, and having that right out the gate is definitely a result of all that melee.

I was surprised when I heard Z beat Boxy, but that's just because he JUST started playing Guile like... within the last couple weeks. He plays like an online guile right now, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Unfortunately Dave.. you have been playing SF competitively as long as I have, and you are still pretty awful. I don't think I'd be laughing at ANYONE if I were you. :rolleyes:

Cumulative list and speculation on all known, up to date changes (buffs/nerfs) in UMvC3

I'll reserve judgements and comments till the game drops. I have my hands full with the current version. We'll see how the next few months go.

Compiled a complete list of the ranbat points from the last 6 MO events. Here is the SF top 10:

1) Rex - 35
    2) Axiom - 30
    3) Focra - 16
    4) Samson - 14
    5) Nick1Time - 9
    6) Smakula - 9
    7) Chachi - 8
    8) Boxbrosg - 7
    9) Kong - 6
    10) Kenshiro - 4

Other events are from memory, but I am pretty sure it's accurate (minus the exact points)

Tekken Leaders

1) DatBoiSTL
    2) Axiom
    3) Boxbrosg
    4) Prod1gy
    5) Mr. Mister
    6) Count Smakula
    7) Ocie
    8) Donovan
    9) B1argh
    10) CPhame

Marvel Leaders (started mid way through season)

1) Rex
    2) DatBoiSTL
    3) MGF
    4) Focra
    5) Raith
    6) Samson
    7) GetThere1Time
    8) Axiom
    9) FG No Alias
    10) DatVip

BlazBlue top 4

1) DatBoiSTL
    2) Prod1gy
    3) B1argh
    4) Snipermav

MK top 3

1) B1argh
    2) Bobsmack
    3) Black Phantom

Next season I plan to get trophies for top placers in respective games. I'll keep track of points, for bragging rights and trophies, but I'm still not going to do ranbat money collection.

I'd like to bring back:

-Raffle money matches
    -Older games for novelty (instead of mystery games, just do a popular game that is no longer played in most tournaments)

As stated, we may omit some titles from the lineup. I'd like to continue doing hype/money matches, and team tournaments, so it may be prudent to remove our least played titles. We'll see what happens as far as interest at the season premiere next month.

Minus our out of towners, we could probably consider these rankings the new 'tier lists' for local talent in each respective game.

Also, Emerald made a good point at the last friday hookup. He mentioned that our front page could probably use a spreadsheet (directory) of each player, with their contact info (that they are willing to share) their name/SN and what games they play. That way, new players browsing our forums could see who they may need to talk to in order to get games in at a hookup. Just a thought.
    Good stuff Drewtwo, MGU dash ultra was clutch. I'm not allowed to bring Fei out in public until I can hit confirm c. mp/mk xx super and hit one frame links off of chicken wing reliably.

GGs to InsertCoin in HF earlier. Pretty solid. Beat my Gief.

Ha, the old Gief is pretty tough to play. His 360 has massive range though. The last Blanka vs Balrog match was a good one. Other than that things weren't very close. I forgot how powerful throws are in SF. I'll have to practice a bit and get back into old form.... I think I can bring a better game... then we'll have to rematch.
    I mean really, who uses U1 with guile?

Lots of Guile players (me included) are switching back to U1 for most match-ups because U2's damage nerf. U1 does tons of damage if landed. U2 not so much anymore. You can land a U1 if you execute it quick enough when your oppenent is in the air. You can also FA to U1.
  • EmeraldwEmeraldw Needs More Cookies Joined: Posts: 372
    I had issues logging in sunday and was busy Saturday.

@Chachi: Thanks for the MK games. Finally getting to play it against a person was fun, even if I couldn't figure out what the hell each button was.

@Axiom: Thanks for the Tekken. I really need to play it more now.

And on Friday, without my own setup with all the AE in action. I figured its time to stop fighting it. I'll play AE I guess. I have no idea who I'll end up playing or even how much effort will be done in it but I will try. At the moment, Makoto, because Rose is just asking to get dive Kicked into oblivion...
    "A sword doesn't have to have a fine lineage, it just has to be sharp" ~Luca Blight, Suikoden 2
    I really like allot of the changes in UMVC3 right now especially cap having a double jump (which he always had in every game) and iron man losing his. Most of the OP characters got huge nurffs and allot of the cast overall outside top 5 got slight changes or buff that will cause people to change up their gameplay or god forbid pick new characters.
    Enjoy victory why it lasts because Darius and I are going to steamroll everyone with Iron Man when this game comes out.
  • MGFMGF TVC Team Joined: Posts: 494
    Ryu's almost back to his TVC status and better in the new game, I can't wait.
    Chris got buffed somehow, I'll find out at Evo.
    I heard Dante got nerfed slightly, I'll find out exactly what and change accordingly.
    My song of the whenever
    Marvel vs Capcom - Captain Commando
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOvJiKdP4g
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    Looks like I picked a good time to stop playing street fighter.

http://kotaku.com/5824156/sneak-peek-at-tekken-tag-tournament-2-comes-to-ps3-early-with-tekken-hybrid

Early demo of TTT2? TTT in HD? Yes please...
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    1) Rex - 35
    2) Axiom - 30
    3) Focra - 16
    4) Samson - 14
    5) Nick1Time - 9
    6) Smakula - 9
    7) Chachi - 8
    8) Boxbrosg - 7
    9) Kong - 6
    10) Kenshiro - 4

Marvel Leaders (started mid way through season)

1) Rex
    2) DatBoiSTL
    3) Samson
    4) MGF
    5) Focra
    6) Axiom
    7) Dapvip
    8) Raith
    9) KC's Notorious
    10) FG No Alias

Next season I plan to get trophies for top placers in respective games. I'll keep track of points, for bragging rights and trophies, but I'm still not going to do ranbat money collection.

I'd like to bring back:

-Raffle money matches
    -Older games for novelty (instead of mystery games, just do a popular game that is no longer played in most tournaments)

I'm the best man. I deed it.

The ranbat system without the hassle of taking money out of the pot each month is cool. Especially with the increase in parity at the top of results pages from both St Louis and Kansas City. I never got to see a raffle money match but i'd assume it would be pretty hype and give someone who lost exposure to playing in front of a crowd for prizes and the pressure that brings.
  • rei_vincentrei_vincent King of Random Select Joined: Posts: 145

Hypest hype hypey hype hype hype.

Buffs to Amaterasu? Hell yes. Buffs to Dr. Doom? Yes pl0x. ROCKET RACOON? OH BABY!

UMvC3 will be the greatest game. I might even get to play my original team of Iron Man/Ammy/Doom. Soooo excited for this.
    Dante/Dormammu/Magneto

I don't need dubstep to win. Stay free Zero/Vergil players.
    Let's see if Capcom continues the post 2009 fighting game tradition:

Original game comes out, unbalanced with big problems, still fun
    Sequel comes out, fixes original games problems, very balanced, cool new characters
    DLC update, nerfs everyone, adds broken character so easy a downer could play them
  • jspotjspot Hurricane of KCMO Joined: Posts: 815
    yo im back.... what'd i miss....?

anyways - camping is super low tier.

Tuesday is ON. hope to see everyone there. setups and sticks welcome. its my last Tuesday as a single man. also last tuesday before evo.
    AE and MVC3 will get focus like last week. stream will be on.
    run, stop, FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    And they thought dormammu was a problem before.
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • snipermavsnipermav I SPIT HOTTA FYYAHH Joined: Posts: 380
    Good games this weekend everyone! Street Fighter pissed me off...although at least I wasn't the only one...

PJ - yeah you got me in that MM but our Arcana grand finals match was hella close. Good shit. I love that we are both lamenting the fact that no one in our respective scene plays the game...I'm gonna level up some other characters to use next time.

Deron - God match LOLOLOL. In tournament, are you serious? You might be seeing that more with this Fire Elsa :badboy: Shoutouts to foreshadowing our drunk BB casuals: "Imma get these two seals, Imma get this FRKZ, and Imma win this round." And NO, you are not the Bang of KC hahaha.

Blargh - I just need to get more games with you man...I don't play you enough. Good shit in BB though, and really good shit trolling Malcolm during MK grand finals, so hilarious.

MGF - What can I say, I clutched out that match. Once I hit that command grab -> 5C -> 6D -> daifunka combo to kill you with my magic pixel of life left, that kinda woke me up and carried me to finish it out. Appreciate you playing in the tournament though, and we'll have to get more casuals in next time.

Peter - "Yo Deron, where the hell did this guy come from?!?" Haha that shit was great. GGs in Arcana man.

Le - Nuff said. Also, just got my PS2 today (only paid $15 for it lol) so I'm gonna get on that GG this week.

To all you guys that say you want to play BB/AH3: Let's see it. I've heard a bunch of people say they want to learn the game but never actually get any further than that. If we don't start getting more players in those tournaments, we could lose them at Maxout. Hit me up if you have any questions at all in either game. I'll take responsibility for being the AH3 ambassador for the KC scene. Deron has already assumed that responsibility in BB, but I can help out there as well.

Oh, and I probably won't be at the Buzz on Wednesday, got something else going on.
    "You have to be the richest man I know that plays poverty fighters" - GetThere1Time

"You think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole Kansas City scene?!? SHEEEEEEEEIT" - Sen. prod1gy
  • Only1zbroOnly1zbro Joined: Posts: 7
    Thanks to Axiom and Le for running the tourney.
    Thanks to Focra for perfecting me, haha.
    Thanks to Smakula for playing Claw, pretty jealous.
    Mr. Mister I don't remember playin you yet, and I'm pretty sure we didn't at Maxout.
    Boxy I'm sorry you took it so hard, but Yun man...Karma baby.

Stepping into a new scene is weird, awkward, hard; but I'm glad you guys try to be as accommodating as we would for you in SSBM. A lot of hate for only being basic guile, but if I beat someone it's cause you fell for it? I've been in the competitive video game scene for years, and I've always played a street fighter on the side for fun. Just cause you haven't heard of me doesn't mean you can count me out, same for dmac. We haven't heard of most of you either until we got into your own scene.
    To be fair most of my wins were probably flukes, and I did lose where I should have cause I played poorly
  • rei_vincentrei_vincent King of Random Select Joined: Posts: 145
    I love Z-sensei
    Dante/Dormammu/Magneto

I don't need dubstep to win. Stay free Zero/Vergil players.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Z - I'm almost certain if you play Mr. Mister in SF, after you have had a little more time with the game, you will win. If you are in any way offended by his comments, feel free to put him on blast. The rest of us do it all the time.

I said a mildly disrespectful comment during the tournament about how I was shocked when you beat Boxy because I thought he would be capable of handling a basic, brand new Guile. Apparently, I was wrong.

Unlike most of these youngins, I DO know about you Barrio smashers and how much ass you guys kick in the national competitive Melee scene. I fully expect great things from you and DMAC in the months to come. Feel free to come to hookups, and ask for grind sessions anytime.
    Boxy beat my ass about a week or 2 ago on a Wednesday, maybe M.M too, so I see why there's a frustration there. Results matter, and although it costs money to get in to a wednesday hookup I think a monthly is more likely to drive up my competitive nature.
    I don't like to get into the trash talkin game, so shit like that doesn't bother me :P But people take losing to a random Guile personally :(

I've only now started putting time into the technical aspect into AE, and I'm just awful at it. But yeah me and dmac will keep showin up as much as possible to gatherings, always fun times.
    If Dave levels up his Juri, I expect him to do the Juri hip swivel when he wins.

• DAPVIPDAPVIP Word of Advice: Top players win by mashing. Joined: Posts: 154
    Ugh. Learned my lesson for leaving food out in the car. Trust me, having food poisoning is no walk in the park. Spent my entire Saturday morning in the bathroom. Soooo upset for missing Maxout, but at least I was able to chill afterwards. My Dante has gotten much better. I've been dropping fewer combos and improved on his spacing. Now I got to learn mixups (what joy). I'm gonna be ready and rearing to go come Screenland.

Calling out:
    Rex
    Focra
    Axiom
    DatboiSTL
    Samson
    Kong
    Raith
    No Alias

Let's go. I got to prove myself to you guys before I head back to the A. I'm putting all of my focus on you guys.
    The sooner you realize that Mash > Everything, the faster you'll become at being a better player. Deep down, you know it's true.

UMVC3: Dante, X-23, Iron Man.
    SSIVAE: Guy.
  • MR.MisterMR.Mister retirement Joined: Posts: 264
    Only1zbro - we did play. you were my first match. I was the juri player that sent you to losers bracket. I will give you props though for playing guile in AE with all the nerfs he got.

Chachi - don't tempt me. I might just do the juri hip swivel. In fact as crazy as I am now, I might just start cosplaying as juri :eek:....
  • Boostah MonkeyBoostah Monkey Joined: Posts: 5
    jspot, might not make it to your hookup tomorrow. I should make it to the Wednesday Hookup though. As long as no crazy leak comes out to shut down srk again and make it so I couldn't get to the Wednesday Hookup's address.
    Le - Nuff said. Also, just got my PS2 today (only paid $15 for it lol) so I'm gonna get on that GG this week.

you need a copy i just happen to have an extra now
    Only1zbro - we did play. you were my first match. I was the juri player that sent you to losers bracket. I will give you props though for playing guile in AE with all the nerfs he got.

Shows what I know haha. I felt off the whole match =\ More props to you for playing Juri!
  • snipermavsnipermav I SPIT HOTTA FYYAHH Joined: Posts: 380
    you need a copy i just happen to have an extra now
    Of AC+? How much? When could I pick it up?
    "You have to be the richest man I know that plays poverty fighters" - GetThere1Time

"You think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole Kansas City scene?!? SHEEEEEEEEIT" - Sen. prod1gy