Kansas City Gaming: Hype for No Reason

Comments

• ScotcherooScotcheroo Joined: Posts: 21
    To all you guys at MAXOUT on Saturday, thanks for a great time; you guys made the 3 hour drive from Wichita well worth it. Our group is pretty new to the tourney scene, but we all had tons of fun. Props for running a smooth tourney. Hope to see all you guys again!
  • RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645
    Of AC+? How much? When could I pick it up?
    ooo sorry its an extra AC not AC+ i just got mine off samson for $5 and was just gonna sell you mine for $5 or best offer
    necessity is the mother of invention
  • HonkieHonkie Cracka Joined: Posts: 37
    Jesse??? whatup man, didn't know you browsed the forum

Yup, still an online warrior though, never been to a tourney. =/
    Zing.
  • InsertCoins25InsertCoins25 Joined: Posts: 44
    After over a year of playing SSF 4, today I finally won 10 ranked matches in a row.

I personally shed a little tear. So long Guile.... Hello Evil Empire.... The Captain got it done.
  • DAPVIPDAPVIP Word of Advice: Top players win by mashing. Joined: Posts: 154
    To all you guys at MAXOUT on Saturday, thanks for a great time; you guys made the 3 hour drive from Wichita well worth it. Our group is pretty new to the tourney scene, but we all had tons of fun. Props for running a smooth tourney. Hope to see all you guys again!
    You got to make it back out here for Screenland. That's gonna be even more hype.
    The sooner you realize that Mash > Everything, the faster you'll become at being a better player. Deep down, you know it's true.

UMVC3: Dante, X-23, Iron Man.
    SSIVAE: Guy.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159
    And they thought dormammu was a problem before.

Yeah he got one nerf which was the silly flame carpet thing. Other then that I fully expect you to light everyone up when UMVC3 comes out.*

This is a fire related pun as Dormammu uses fire
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Yup, still an online warrior though, never been to a tourney. =/

You should try to make it out to the wednesday night hookups at the buzz, or a friday hookup at john/smakulas place. info on front page.

As for dormammu, come at me bros.:nunchuck:
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    Won't be at the wednesday hookup since my last exam is on thursday. will be at the friday hookup though.
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • papermarkispapermarkis Think of New York Knicks Joined: Posts: 154
    You suck Z.
    This message is already read
  • stormin fiascostormin fiasco Dhoppler Joined: Posts: 117
    You suck worse Markis...

also, I'm no longer salty about UMvC3. But now I must consider a real team for Haggar and another one for Zero or Tron. EX bad times getting bodied by Axiom and losing to Z. But oh well, I doubt I would've made Boxy quit SF so the lulz are worth it.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure, but garbage is gonna be shit regardless.
  • Only1zbroOnly1zbro Joined: Posts: 7
    You suck Z.
    Jealous? haha
    I hear wednesday is cancelled since some of you are heading for EVO, is that true?
  • GetThere1TimeGetThere1Time Praying Mantits Joined: Posts: 665
    Deron - I'll help you break things down. You gotta be ready to do homework though.

Z - I haven't met you but good shit on causing so many tears

John - Always good times shootin the shit. Sorry if I ramble a little bit. I love the psychology of games. That's the poker player in me. I'm not sure when I'll be back in the running but its just a matter of "when."

Blargh - Yeah GGs. Stop mashing DPs.

Boxy - So much disappoint. Your vagina is legendary.

Darius - What am I, chop liver over here, bro? You can't control it.

Raith - What do you care about Ammy buffs we all know you don't use cold shot anyway.

I get a real kick out of "basic Guile" Here's the thing. Guile is always "basic Guile." Yes there's a few nifty advanced things he can do but the meat and potatoes is spacing, footsies, zoning, and pushing the right button at the right time. Advanced Guile is just someone who has an extremely good grasp of all of these concepts.
    It takes a long time to mash out kung fu
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    You got to make it back out here for Screenland. That's gonna be even more hype.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I doubt Wednesday is canceled since the major people that show up on Wednesday's are not going to EVO but I could be wrong. John would need to step in to confirm/deny.

As for my retirement from street fighter I explained it to the people I figured would give a damn and I feel good about my decision, the losing to Z was just the final straw and what not. I am going to start practicing Tekken and Guilty Gear again.

Le, if you show up on Wednesday bring MK again so I can try it out!
  • EmeraldwEmeraldw Needs More Cookies Joined: Posts: 372
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

I doubt Wednesday is canceled since the major people that show up on Wednesday's are not going to EVO but I could be wrong. John would need to step in to confirm/deny.

As for my retirement from street fighter I explained it to the people I figured would give a damn and I feel good about my decision, the losing to Z was just the final straw and what not. I am going to start practicing Tekken and Guilty Gear again.

Le, if you show up on Wednesday bring MK again so I can try it out!

More people plalying BB and AH3 would be awesome as well ^.^
    "A sword doesn't have to have a fine lineage, it just has to be sharp" ~Luca Blight, Suikoden 2
  • rei_vincentrei_vincent King of Random Select Joined: Posts: 145
    I agree with Street Fighter 4 retirement. Game is ass.

That 3rd strike online though... I'mma be gettin' off.
    Dante/Dormammu/Magneto

I don't need dubstep to win. Stay free Zero/Vergil players.
  • CrimsonCrimson Joined: Posts: 1,029

This guy.
  • SFCatgirlFanaticSFCatgirlFanatic AE Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 496
    Is Wednesday still on? I need to get some human practice...and I need to get at the guys who've just started coming. Nothing but good things have been said, and I want to get a shot at 'em.

On a side note, I just got Darkstalkers Chronice: TCT for PSP. If anyone else has it, we need to play. I'm tired of waiting for another one, and GGPO doesn't work for me. :x
    AE 2012: Sakura and Makoto
    KoF XIII: Yuri/Kyo/Mai
    UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Magneto
    card.png

says the guy who can only play marvel
  • HabuHabu Joined: Posts: 62
    I will try and be at Jspots tonight for a bit tonight this is my last night in KC. I hope you guys get better cause I plan on leveling up by the time I get back.

Maxout was more practice of combos and pressure. I didn't win any of my matches but that wasn't the plan. It was to get comfortable with doing combos during matches. I know some of you will be off put by this but, I am not concerned about winning I am concerned about getting better. It just so happens by getting better I win. I need to make sure I could at least not look free at Evo. lol You will know when I am trying to win when I don't dive kick you all the time. :P

It was awesome playing you guys for a couple years and getting to know some of you.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Poison
    Killer Instinct: Spinal
  • Only1zbroOnly1zbro Joined: Posts: 7
    Waitin for that 3rd strike as well...Me and a buddy will be whipping Raith into shape for it, no doubt. Raith, like Markis, is also mad jealous.
    To be real boxy, I've seen a few of your posts and you sound more like a Tekken guy from what I read. Do what you want to do though, that's what it's all about. If we played again the odds would definitely be in your favor.
    Is Wednesday still on? I need to get some human practice...and I need to get at the guys who've just started coming. Nothing but good things have been said, and I want to get a shot at 'em.

On a side note, I just got Darkstalkers Chronice: TCT for PSP. If anyone else has it, we need to play. I'm tired of waiting for another one, and GGPO doesn't work for me. :x

I have the game for PSP as well. You and I aren't so far from each other, maybe we can get together and play games sometime.
    "A sword doesn't have to have a fine lineage, it just has to be sharp" ~Luca Blight, Suikoden 2
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,159
    Anyone who doesn't think AE is trash is in more denial than pre-corpse Amy Winehouse.
  • rei_vincentrei_vincent King of Random Select Joined: Posts: 145
    says the guy who can only play marvel

Lol who the fuckkkk.

I barely play the game and I bet I could take you in AE. You're almost as cheap as Boxy. Fei and Yang pffffft.

Also I'm godlike at a lot of games, most of them are just on PC... I only recently started playing fighting games.
    Dante/Dormammu/Magneto

I don't need dubstep to win. Stay free Zero/Vergil players.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Wednesday is still on, as usual. I'll be there setting up around 6-7 PM.

Next round of BP matches coming up.
    Waitin for that 3rd strike as well...Me and a buddy will be whipping Raith into shape for it, no doubt. Raith, like Markis, is also mad jealous.
    To be real boxy, I've seen a few of your posts and you sound more like a Tekken guy from what I read. Do what you want to do though, that's what it's all about. If we played again the odds would definitely be in your favor.

I starting being competitive at Tekken a long time ago so in that sense, yes, I am a tekken guy.

With that said there isn't a game out there that if I put a little time into it that I am not at least above average. I think the same should be able to be said about a large portion of the competitive scene. Once you understand a genre of games competitively, being able to transfer those skills around as new games come out is much easier. I started on Tekken and transferred those skills to Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter. I was a very good FPS player back in the day although that was a good 6-7 years ago and haven't touched a FPS since for the most part. I just picked up LoL not too long ago and with Dota2 coming out I might also move that direction.

Frankly if you are only good at a single game then most likely the reasoning is either A.) you're too damn lazy to learn new games or B.) it's a fluke and you found some bullshit that lets you win (broke ass character, easy a fuck strats, stupid unblockables, ect.).

Lets get some of you kids who think they are hot shit at games playing Guilty Gear, that should be fun :D
    Anyone who doesn't think AE is trash is in more denial than pre-corpse Amy Winehouse.

Actually I am not aware of anyone who wouldn't at least agree that the game has issues. My issues stem mainly from the top 3 and Nerfing Rose. Other than that, It is more or less Super. Yun, Yang and Fei just make a mockery of most of the cast it seems comperatively.

I wanted to like Oni but he just isn't good compared to other more stable options. Makoto certainly has gotten improved but I am sadly starting to like Yun. I like the damage (Big plus for me on character selection), Command Grab and DP. Thats not counting Dive Kicks and I love having a good super to save for. I'll play, because that is what everyone else plays now. Last Friday there were 3 setups running it. Further, the times I bring my own, I sometimes am on the end by myself. Not cool! I do want to play, even if it is SF. I also have a feeling this game will get changed at some point as well. New Edition, patch whatever. Something I feel is coming. But when is the real question.

Also Full, don't you live near Olathe? Maybe we can do a local get together at my house sometime. Even better, no one leaves the Hintz house hungry. I'll make dinner or have it ready depending on when it is.

Maybe we can get in a day of SF, MK and if you guys want, we'll work on some BB or AH3.

Edit: Boxy, my Summoner Name is Emeraldw if you ever want to play LoL. I'm only 1350 ELO atm however.
  • playerplayer Jounin Joined: Posts: 1,613
    you know, i was in the same boat 3 weeks ago. wanting to quit AE cuz the game felt like marvel 2. play these 6 characters or you suck whereas in super, almost everyone was a viable pick.

im gonna send you a PM regarding our past convo, boxy.

ok, the twins are stupid, but if you think fei is equal to the twins, then dont mind me laughing in front of your face. fei isnt THAT great. its his damage output is what makes him scary. other than that, fei is linear.
    -=#STL OGs#=-
    rex, jjj, aks216, player, aka, kth, kurasa, slips, PJ
    -=#STL Vets#=-
    luger, scamp, mr. k, gllty, peaceful
    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell." - Harry Truman
    Lol who the fuckkkk.

I barely play the game and I bet I could take you in AE. You're almost as cheap as Boxy. Fei and Yang pffffft.

Also I'm godlike at a lot of games, most of them are just on PC... I only recently started playing fighting games.
    lol raith im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say your trolling. you good at other games...thats cool. you better than me at SF....probably not. not saying you are free but you are on that clearance rack son. hell he is above everyone for a reason
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    I saw a guilty gear post and got happy. Too bad the game is stupid hard to play and actually takes mad skill to play. Would prolly have more players if Marvel wasnt such an awesome game. :tup:

Emerald - I love how you keep throwin BB and AH out there in all your posts to peg the interest. Unfortunately its not gonna work. I would love more players, but alot ppl have that "Not Popular, Not Playing it" mindset.

1time - I havent done homework since middle school, so that may not be the best idea lol.
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
  • focrafocra "foe-cruh" Joined: Posts: 488
    so this means i have to pick up GG in order to keep trolling boxy, right?
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    Just pick up Pot and he'll rage right off bat.
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
  • focrafocra "foe-cruh" Joined: Posts: 488
    yeah thats what i figured.
    Just pick up Pot and he'll rage right off bat.

I fucking hate you so much >:(

But in all reality if I was too take time to learn the match up Venom should own him pretty hard. BALLS TO THE FACE!!!
    yeah Pot is cheap. hell we had a great Pot player here who knew allot of ins and outs of Pot and it was mad annoying. If someone like Alex were to pick up that game I would have to start a game called lets all choke Alex
    I saw a guilty gear post and got happy. Too bad the game is stupid hard to play and actually takes mad skill to play. Would prolly have more players if Marvel wasnt such an awesome game. :tup:

Emerald - I love how you keep throwin BB and AH out there in all your posts to peg the interest. Unfortunately its not gonna work. I would love more players, but alot ppl have that "Not Popular, Not Playing it" mindset.

That issue has taken its terrible toll on me. If Sniper, you or blargh aren't there. No AH3, No BB. Bringing my own setup doesn't help much. I haven't practiced much the last couple weeks in anything and especially not them. Its why I play SF now. But someone has to fight the good fight for a few good balanced games. If not, well, I guess I can always play Tekken & MK.

If people actually played GG I would try again on it. Only one evening of playing isn't enough to warrant practice with Jam.
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    I might actually play some Aksys games tomorrow night. Just for fun. I'll bring my PS2 and Guilty. Should be funny to see how rusty I've gotten after not touching the game at ALL in over a year.
  • GetThere1TimeGetThere1Time Praying Mantits Joined: Posts: 665

AE is ass? I would say Super is a better iteration but both are far from bad. Please tell me what makes AE bad and give me an example of a game that you actually consider playable.
    Lol who the fuckkkk.

You should probably check the ego because now you're just sounding super retarded. You might have a chance in a small set but ft10 you never beat him. I'd be super happy to put money on Le here if you guys ever played a ft10. Anyone want my action?

----

Deron - You gonna play Yun then? You need to climb the mountain to play Viper.
    It takes a long time to mash out kung fu
  • snipermavsnipermav I SPIT HOTTA FYYAHH Joined: Posts: 380

Cool sig bro :D

Going to pick up a copy of GGAC+ today after work. I'd be more than happy to bring the PS2 to hookups, only problem is that I don't have a traveling TV/monitor that I could hook it up to. If someone brings a CRT or a lagless LCD that accepts component inputs, I'll definitely bring the PS2 and GG.
    "You have to be the richest man I know that plays poverty fighters" - GetThere1Time

"You think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole Kansas City scene?!? SHEEEEEEEEIT" - Sen. prod1gy
    I might actually play some Aksys games tomorrow night. Just for fun. I'll bring my PS2 and Guilty. Should be funny to see how rusty I've gotten after not touching the game at ALL in over a year.

Can you bring an extra PS2 pad with that? My only PS2 pad I ever used was that blue one i left at your place that started to go out. I will need to get another one to continue playing GG but I will say I do all my practice on my PS3, I personally dont see much of a difference between it running on my PS3 or PS2.

Fck, double post