Kansas City Gaming: Hype for No Reason

Comments

• jspotjspot Hurricane of KCMO Joined: Posts: 815
    yo i should be able to make end of july
    run, stop, FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RadianRadian pick a top tier Joined: Posts: 645
    Sam - Yeah me and Nick talk shop all the time about game mechanics, our holes, and other players weaknesses. If you want any advise just come down stairs while me and Nick are smoking and we would be willing to give you our 2 cents. The only thing is that you have to be willing to actually listen, apply the advice we give you, and stop making excuses. If we see you play and you are still doing the same mistakes then we know that you really arn't listening and that you are just going back to your old habits of making excuses for your mistakes. We both don't really discriminate so as far as SFU goes that's pretty much the class and lecture.

Also
    and I thought ryu matches had more fireballs

Also fellas I was actually thinking about doing the RR the last Friday of July (the 30th). Any objections?
    necessity is the mother of invention
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,653
    My contribution to the thread:

Our Wichitabro Jude requires our assistance with a survey.
    http://shoryuken.com/f3/i-need-survey-racial-makeup-community-242999/

edit: ok linking to other srk threads feels weird now.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • SFCatgirlFanaticSFCatgirlFanatic AE Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 496
    @Nick You're right...I do tend to make excuses. I should stop doing that; maybe I just don't take losses that well, and aren't able to comprehend a loss. If that's the truth, then that's pretty sad of myself. T_T

@Le I'll have to take you up on that; I just don't want to seem like some annoying little pest constantly berating others for ways to improve my own gameplay.

Also, I'm down for the RR being the 30th.
    AE 2012: Sakura and Makoto
    KoF XIII: Yuri/Kyo/Mai
    UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Magneto
    card.png
  • TwilightfoxTwilightfox Joined: Posts: 222
    See you guys this Friday.
  • GetThere1TimeGetThere1Time Praying Mantits Joined: Posts: 665
    Glen - I've actually incorporated a lot of patience into my game. vs Boxy I was probably TOO patient and got ran over. Normally I work it well into my game but yesterday I was playing especially passive. Hopefully I'll be able to show you my improvement when you come into town but your yomi is usually so good I never get the chance to push a button against you.

Edit: Bout gd time, Kong!
    It takes a long time to mash out kung fu
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    WOW.

My pool for SSFIV

P
    Floe
    Demon Hyo
    PR Rog
    Kitori
    Onlinetony

My pool for T6

Pool L:
    Insanelee
    Crow
    Aris
    DevilJim
    Filipino Bus Driver
    Renzo
    Filthie Rich
    Akazukin Cha Cha
    weGotAJuggler
    Dilla
    EvilDice

These are the people that are registered for it so far. Hahahaha.. Wow. So much for making it out of 4 pools. Tekken won't be a joke either... Crow and Insanelee are the likely winners of that one, but Aris and DevilJim are no slouches either. Time to get practicing.

Anyone know who Demon Hyo, Kitori and Onlinetony play?
  • prod1gyprod1gy Holdin Deez Balloons Joined: Posts: 450
    Onlinetony plays Seth last time i checked
    "Jungle Juice needs to be banned from hookups, that shit is broke." - Chachi
    DemonHyo: Mostly known for playing Blanka. Played Chun early in SF4 and has shown up playing Seth in some tourns as well. Very solid

Here he is perfecting DarkPrince at EVO Marvel 2 and making him rage quit. Funny/scary stuff -
    3/10 vid:

OnlineTony: 2nd best Seth player in the nation next to Arturo, no contest.

OnlineTony vs Marn, scary shit:
    More recent vid:

Kitori returns lots of hits from youtube. Cammy/Viper. Looks like you can take him. GLGL!
  • b1arghb1argh derp Joined: Posts: 359
    I don't care what you guys think about Online Tony and Arturo. Tony is better IMO cuz he uses Seth in the harder way to use him (AKA rushdown, AKA what I wanna focus on) and succeeds quite well

@jspot: Thanks for the pointers, I'll keep em in mind, although I find myself playing SSF4 less and less outside of hookups (although that may be a good thing) and I'm pretty sure I was only yelling out "yomi" during our matches, not "oki" at all. But I do wanna say Seth isn't very combo heavy. The BNB I do is his main one, he's more mixup heavy than combo heavy. LK that eventually goes into MK lighting legs is mostly what is used, or other stuff into riverdance stomps. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me

@Sam: They will give you advice, just ask after your matches. I know from asking over and over again after my matches. Hell I was asking Nick last night after doing matches w/ him and he had few things to say. It falls on you to take the initiative, not your opponent

If anything in this post doesn't make sense, please mention it cuz I just got done drinking a shitton of Morgan and some Boulevard
    aka ludwig van
    "Remember, if you're not getting punched in the face, then you could have played better. " - Chachi
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Tekken Zaibatsu says that my pool is the pool of death. Should be good times. I'm goin to upset some people, I can feel it.
    @AxioM Best of luck in Tekken, dude. From what you say, you're in for one helluva ride. Same goes for everyone else playing in it.

@Dr. Kong I wont be there long Friday, but I hope to see you there! Welcome back (early I know lol)

@Evo players Go rep the Mid-BEST at Evo for us. Strut your stuff, and don't get discouraged if you lose. Though I'm sure you wont...
    card.png
    Here's a little something I found useful; I've NEVER read into this stuff in my life, but I've decided to now. Here's the Frame Data for ALL characters in SSF4:
    SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV FRAME DATA - PRIMA Official Game Strategy
    card.png
  • TwilightfoxTwilightfox Joined: Posts: 222
    I like using the Wiki better because it has more information but that link is good if you just want to know the essentials.

Hopefully, I won't be asleep on Friday. Time zone is totally kicking my ass.
  • boxbrosgboxbrosg Joined: Posts: 411
    Tekken Zaibatsu says that my pool is the pool of death. Should be good times. I'm goin to upset some people, I can feel it.

Yeah, pool of death for everyone else :badboy:

You can beat crow, I'm telling you right now that you can. He will play Bob and you will win. When you make it out of that pool people will FEAR YOU :rock:

But yeah, seeing as I haven't kept up much with tekken in terms of player names and I still recognize 6 of those names thats kind of harsh.

Kitori is a Cammy player, I've seen him around the cammy boards. I wouldn't even worry about him. Everyone else in that pool is tough though, if you play Tony I would say don't be too afraid to throw some full screen lp SRK to catch limbs.
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    Good luck at evo guys!
  • delmari001delmari001 Joined: Posts: 59
    good luck to all headin to evo!

jspot - good shit lettin our boy know about his game. sure it could have been handled a little differently but watever.

the man's not tryin to be a d*$k, he's just givin his impression on what he sees. i commend you for helpin him out and lettin him know where to step up his game. b/c once people get thru his gimmicks, he's all back o' the bus.

truthfully, i never play the game except with you guys. we all have potential and we all play to be better. nobody wants to get their a&* kicked every week. we need to start helpin each other out more. some guys really know the game and have alot of insight to pass on to other players.

you alll know i main the man (ABEL). sure he's a big softy but if you sleep on his game he will destroy you!! well, not my abel, but people who can play him correctly anyway. LOL. i look forward to all criticism about my character and gameplay. bring it
    Spanky
  • focrafocra "foe-cruh" Joined: Posts: 488
    hey guys, i wont be there this friday, my friends' band is having a show in KC and i told them a while ago i'd be there.

also, i'm having a lot of fun with gouken. why? no idea. new characters!

and good luck to all of those headed to evo! safe travels.
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,158
    I'm gonna play a little bit of Sagat tomorrow. Any input would be appreciated.
  • ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    Good luck at Evo guys.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
    Rob - If I think your keep away game is pretty good but you need to work on that rushdown. Abel's mixups are sick but before you can mix up you have to make people fear the straight up combos and offense. I really think time spent in practice mode would do you a ton of good. Vary your wake up pressure too. When we play and you get a knock down, I basically know when to reversal you and when not to because you just stand right next to me when you're going to attack and back off when you're not. Sometimes bait and sometimes lk roll when you're in close on someone's wake up. DPs and reversals are generally unsafe, but they aren't unsafe if you never ever bait!
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    GGs with Nick and Catgirl fanatic. I'm not gonna say we took it completely seriously, I was workin on boxer and nick was workin on blanka and fanatic was workin on makoto, so it was secondary practice i assume, but good overall.
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Yo don't sleep on people secondaries. It is tough to have a secondary as good as your main but if you don't take it seriously then when it comes time to use the secondary you are gonna be screwed bc of false input from your casual matches. Unless you just wanna have fun and troll people like boxy.

Anyways games are on at 7 tonight fellas. Since John left he took his monitor and games so we only have 2 PS3, 1 Xbox, 3 TVs, and only ONE copy of the game. So I kinda need everyone who is coming to step up and bring what they can for tonight. Also sticks are appreciated as well.
  • luigi182luigi182 Scrubtastic! Joined: Posts: 180
    @roblox: GG's last night. Load bearing staple, ftw!

Whoa... EVO 2K Live Stream on Ps3 browser= awesome!!! :)

Just saw DrunkNinja on the stream playing TvC... and it just lagged out, so I didn't get to see the result. :(

TvC at evo= What's really good!!! ^_^;

Good luck to those at EVO, Rep Midwest!!

Edit: didn't think giants were ok in TvC tournaments...

Edit2: Kurasa is now on the stream. His Doronjo is GAWDLIKE!
    "There will always be Street Fighter!" --Jspot.
    EVO stream is pretty much unwatchable, this makes me sad :crybaby:
    I can bring a second stick if someone else wants to bring an extra copy of SSF4.
    Justin gets the kiddy pool. I'm not okay with this.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

EVO stream is pretty much unwatchable, this makes me sad :crybaby:

Yeah, after about 1:30 or so is when I had to give up on the stream as it got really choppy... Which coincidentally is about the same time the mail arrived with my stick parts. :D So I got started on my stick projects...
    So FightingGM was just taken out and Kor has been DQ'd from tekken, CRAZY. No idea where John is, haven't seen him on stream.
    Yeah I've been watching too. Also, Holeman put into losers by Qdogg. Korea don't know about capos
  • ArkiveZeroArkiveZero Stylin' on you Joined: Posts: 150
    john better be upsetting like a mawfucker right now
    RIP Seba Jun
    haruhisigcopy.png
    Can't believe Kor is in losers right now. The pool of death is killing all the top picks of EVO
    Kor got DQed yo. Like out of the tourn. He forgot to disable his controller and hit the home button on someone elses match lol

Edit: You guys have mIRC? We should make a chat if we're all going to be sitting on our asses and watching the stream all day

Edit2: If you're watching the stream, connect to EFnet and join #MidwestCoastEVO
  • focrafocra "foe-cruh" Joined: Posts: 488
    justin wooooooong

• ZanaOyakataZanaOyakata Ichigeki Hisatsu Joined: Posts: 433
    justin wooooooong

Now if Mike Ross could bring a miracle and knock daigo down to losers that would be amazing.
    Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything. - Tendou Souji
    Most cheapest man in the world, is Mago. - Tokido
    Who here is getting Mortal Kombat when it comes out?
    what type of question is that.

everybody is getting MK9
    RIP Seba Jun
    haruhisigcopy.png
    what type of question is that.

everybody is getting MK9

O rly? I might pass on it... Might be too busy with MvC3 by then...
  • Cata-KaiCata-Kai Joined: Posts: 35
    Hey guys, since some of you are at Evo, I'm wondering when the next event is? Need to get back into fighting games haha
    Justin Wong with the clutch back dash out of the command grab.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1483/rickyortizpmsl.gif
    Justin Wong with the clutch back dash out of the command grab.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1483/rickyortizpmsl.gif

Bromance is a no go.
  • KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    I know some of you guys like anime, so you guys should start watching high school of the dead, its a clutch show so far, there's only 2 episodes out but i already know most people would like it because of it's realness
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • The HamburglarThe Hamburglar Joined: Posts: 17
    Hey, I just now realized that there was a fighting game scene in KC after checking these forums. When/where is the next event, and would a newcomer like myself be welcome?
    Yup, new blood is always welcome! Come hang out and play some games. We get together Tuesdays and Fridays at the address in the OP. The location for Tuesdays will change eventually though so keep a look out for that. All you have to do is show up. If you want to bring a stick, that's welcome. Most of our setups are PS3s but we've been getting a 360 set up going as well lately. We have a pretty wide variety of skill levels so don't worry about that. Cmon out and level up with us.
    I know some of you guys like anime, so you guys should start watching high school of the dead, its a clutch show so far, there's only 2 episodes out but i already know most people would like it because of it's realness

i think me and le have been on that since the day it was aired in japan lol
    RIP Seba Jun
    haruhisigcopy.png
  • Cata-KaiCata-Kai Joined: Posts: 35
    I'll try and make it to the one tomorrow night if possible
    Is Kong going to be around tomorrow? He better be, if he is not I will track him down with a PS3 and a monitor and KILL HIM (in game of course).

but seriously I'm still salty, I need a re-match!

And why no Evo stories yet? I'm dying to hear about it.
    JSpot- Feel free to pick your PS3 back up if you need another setup for tomorrow night. I also put Battle Fantasia on it for everyone's gaming enjoyment.

I'm going to be in Iowa this weekend with the family, so no hookups/Max Out for me.

• CPhameCPhame 二次元の世界へ Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Just wanted to say thanks again to the John, Dave, Jesse, and Johnathon for being a blast to hang out with. You guys were hella nice and kept me rolling throughout the day. Good shit, KC.

Big props to Jesse for pimpin' yo-yo promos to Seth Killian and actually mesmerizing him with his yo-yo skills. Big props to Johnathon for those hilarious stories from the big boy's suite. Also big props to Dave for keeping me laughing with his insanely witty banter.

And super big props to John for kicking my ass in drunk Tekken 5 / Mokujin mirrors. Jeremy recorded that shit, so expect a video in the near future. You ass.

See you fellas soon. :smokin:
    digitalpugilist.com
    Real talk High School of the Dead Owns.