Upstate SC: We're so good we don't even have to PLAY. And out-of-towners post FOR us.

Comments

• solancesolance Joined: Posts: 4
    Any Matches this week?
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel Burn to cinders! Joined: Posts: 498
    solance wrote: »
    Any Matches this week?

Hosting casuals this friday night at my apt starting at 7.

Tournament saturday in charlotte.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

Casuals this week?

Friday my place in greenville? Anyone down?
    Sure. What games do you play?
    Sure. What games do you play?

Sorry about slow response! Gotta set up email notification of this thread.

We are trying to just get the community around the upstate playing games together again. We been playing alot of Marvel and injustice lately.

We have been doing friday night fights for about 5 weeks now. Had quite a few people each friday. Enough to get some fun matches in, as well as a bit of socializing, shit talking, and making everyone as salty as possible.

Are you on the fb group?
    And what city are you in?
  • 300300 ........... Joined: Posts: 868
    BobSmack wrote: »
    No one is posting because they were waiting for someone from out of town :)

LiquiTed wrote: »
    Get outta my yard and quit looking through my window!

k98zaei.jpg
    Seagulls and Electrolytes.
  • oygoyg A new school OG. Joined: Posts: 602
    edited June 2013
    Wassup guys. Back in town for good. Me and Jesus have been lookin' to game. Who's down this weekend?
    I think we can game at my house if the 'rents are working; gamin' it up on the big-ass screen! (ps3 & suxbox)
    Violence is a beauttttiful thing!
  • TakTak Joined: Posts: 189
    o_O
    We even do 3d fighters too!
  • NachoBusiness86NachoBusiness86 Joined: Posts: 2
    mvc2,3rd strike, or super turbo anyone?
  • NachoBusiness86NachoBusiness86 Joined: Posts: 2
    oh this is jesus btw
  • StorytellerStoryteller My avatar is an accurate portrayal of me. Joined: Posts: 2,741
    Hey guys, just a reminder, Midwest Championships 20th Anniversary is coming up this weekend at Game Galaxy Arcade in Antioch, TN! All of the tournament info (games, fees, payouts, etc) is on our Facebook event page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/514032561981842/?fref=ts

We are also looking for some dedicated commentators for MWC this weekend for our awesome stream, which will be hosted by Panda Gaming on Twitch. Let us know on our event page if you are interested and what game knowledge you have.

We're going to have pot bonuses, tons of games to play, as well as a large selection of arcade and pinball machines to play as well. It's going to be a blast and we look forward to seeing you all there!
    I'm here to kick ass and play video games, and I'm all outta ass.
    Richard, what is best in life? To two hit stun your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. - Andrew Glasscock, 2012

TTT2 - Bob/Feng, UMVC3 - Sentinel/Deadpool/Wesker, VF5 - Wolf Hawkfield
  • KeNpunch12KeNpunch12 Joined: Posts: 244
    just popping in and saying hi! Hope everyone is doing well.. :)
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!
    edited June 2013
    Umm, yes Jesus! When are you coming over anyway? I have some lovely company over the entire next week so I don't think I'll be down for gaming, but afterwards yes.
    Also, I know you Anderson heads game, so why not hit me up on PSN? wrblack
    I'm still beasting/getting beasted as Hugo and what not!
    Post edited by oyg on
  • LiquiTedLiquiTed **Yoga Ultra Aegis** Joined: Posts: 555
    knock knock
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    -Plato

P1 UnBlockable....join the P1 Nation!
  • abandonistabandonist Hates You Joined: Posts: 611
    oh this is jesus btw

Jesus, this is Aaron from Ruth's Chris. I have a 10 foot screen and a ps3 at The Owl restaurant on Wade Hampton (I'm the owner). Want to try doing a Friday Night Fights kind of thing late night?

What's up folks? Not in town at the moment. I think Jesus would love a friday night fight thing, at least I would. Jesus!
    I'm down. Maybe do it after 10? As long as y'all buy a few beers or plates I'm cool - need to pay my staff for hanging out.
    If anyone wants to organize this, I'll provide the venue. I'm too busy running the business to properly promote.

We have beer and critically acclaimed food.

Come by the restaurant - 728 Wade Hampton - or email me: abandonist@gmail.com to talk about it.
  • filldohfilldoh Chief Beata Bitch Joined: Posts: 1,194
    ok someone has to tell me who sold the Street fighter truck to the truck farm of Easley. I know it was one of you guys.
  • StorytellerStoryteller My avatar is an accurate portrayal of me. Joined: Posts: 2,741
    Hey guys, just a reminder - "King of the Bling" is coming up in October in Antioch, TN at Game Galaxy! We had a great turnout last year and we hope to have more this year!

- Your cover fee lets you play all of our arcade and pinball machines while you wait on your matches!

- Pot bonuses everywhere! $500 1st place extra for SFAE, Injustice, and UMVC3!!
    You won't want to miss this event! Tell your friends, it's going to be wild!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1399306273620188/
    I'm here to kick ass and play video games, and I'm all outta ass.
    Richard, what is best in life? To two hit stun your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. - Andrew Glasscock, 2012

TTT2 - Bob/Feng, UMVC3 - Sentinel/Deadpool/Wesker, VF5 - Wolf Hawkfield
    Hrmm who still plays in Anderson? Why? I'm in Clemsonnnnn! Argghh!
  • ando1184ando1184 Joined: Posts: 8
    Any injustice players or sessions around the N. Augusta/Aiken areas?
    Not that I know of. I watched a couple of videos of it and can't get into man.
  • KamekazeKamekaze Joined: Posts: 44
    I play Injustice, I just moved to Columbia. I also play kof sf4 and a lot of poverty games.
    SSFIV: Dudley, Deejay
    KOF13: Raiden/Daimon/Kim
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    Hey guys! long time no see lol. i see some others as well dont use this much anymore sadly. I really wish our scene was strong! How are things these days?
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!
  • Coreybro3Coreybro3 Joined: Posts: 0
    Been really wanting to play smash with some people
  • smithspotsmithspot Joined: Posts: 171
    I may be able to help you a little, but anything Georgia related should be posted in the GA thread.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146593/georgia-fighting-game-scene-growing-our-scene-is-the-key/p19

post there while I research...
    What you haven't been to Gamers Xperience???
    http://www.gxgaming.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gxgaming
  • UncleBuckUncleBuck Retired Button Masher Joined: Posts: 395
    Wow. Its been awhile.
    I see that no one remembered to water the plants. This thread is dead.
    --Mastering Spanish Ninjitsu--
    --AV N.I.ed by Shatterstar back in the day--
    --Team Pink Taco : Come Get Some--
    --Bumping Uglies Since1992, It Is Still Not Pretty Yet--
    All I have to say at the moment is 2014... I'll be coming up with new things for us guys. I think it's time for us to come together again. I'll build it, hopefully you guys will come...
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    Ok for those that have called the hotel to reserve the normal double bed rooms under the FR17 group rate $93(normally $120) and there are sold out so let me see if I can get some more rooms added! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD START GOING FAST! Give me some time and i'll call the hotel tomorrow morning to try and get more hotel rooms open for the FR17 group. If I can get more rooms added to the group you better reserve them when you can! We are probably going to book the whole hotel full of FR17 peeps! Also be advised that all rooms under the FR group rate will receive free wifi throughout your stay at FR17!

"As of right now only rooms available online for the FR discounted rate are the following:"

1 king bed = $93 per night- normally $119
    2 double bed executive floor= $119 per night- normally $150
    1 king bed executive floor= $113 per night- normally $150
    1 king junior suite= $133 per night-normally $245 ask Tray "Iceman" because this is what they tried to charge him per night without the FR group rate!"

If I can gets some more rooms make sure you grab them at https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10704122

There's only 18 days until online registration is closed so you need to get that badge asap to save $10 on your badges. Register online for FINAL ROUND XVII and save $10 off the badge. Go to http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm to sign up for the games/badges so we can make pools well in advance.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    Dead thread, that is all.
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    -Plato

Wow I joined 13 years ago? WTF happened?
    -Plato

edited March 2014
    It's spring break.
    You guys playing some games?
    Thinking of throwing something at my place.
  • ShekeibShekeib Almost Famous Joined: Posts: 668
    edited March 2014
    im in charleston for spring break, i got a car and I play umvc3, ae2012, and 3s at a pretty high level. i only got a 360 stick, no console. if yall tryin to play some games
    pm me or send a message to my email at shekeibshaff2000@gmail.com or post a comment on my youtube vids or something.....
    heres my youtube account if you wanna see me play marvel.... ive been messin with dudley lately in sf4
    "I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring."

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah."

-Mitch Hedberg
  • DEZ 187DEZ 187 Joined: Posts: 151
    tekken players in the upstate? hmmmmm...extinct perhaps.
    DEZ! I'm back in SC. Gimme a text or something as I still have the same #
    And yes, I'm down for TTT2 or whichever Tekken is out these days.
  • DEZ 187DEZ 187 Joined: Posts: 151
    Will, man i moved 5 years ago. lol. let's play online. psn: my_partna_dem

hey somebody link me to the facebook group. i know there has to be one.
    Dez moved?! WHAT! You have a PS3/4? add me back: wrblack
    Just got ULTRA so hrm.. who wants to play?
  • Qu_AneQu_Ane Joined: Posts: 251
    Damn, didn't expect an upstate thread here. Ultra's supposed to be here right now, UPS is being slow. Last on their list and you call this an upscale neigborhood!?!?
    [Arcana Heart 3: LM!!!]: Petra/Weiss [KOF]: Kula/Kim/Hwa [GGXRD]: Elphelt
    PSN: Qu_Ane
  • JonnyQuestJonnyQuest burst off in yo mouf Joined: Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    anyone excited for street fighter v? i'll check back in a year for response. brings a tear to my eye to see something so awesome just die. miss u guys.
    Keeping this thread alive I see. Man.. I remember.. nah.. better not say anything lol. John Stowe, I'm liking the direction SFV is heading. Just hope a certain few characters make it in there.
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!
  • vexcovexco sakuraaaaaa Joined: Posts: 155
    Dang, it is dead.
  • RoddynessRoddyness Co-Founder, Kick-Punch-Block! Joined: Posts: 19
    Geez. Hitting the thread up to see if anything is going on in Myrtle Beach. Coming from NYC and wanted to see if I could meet some FGC brethren. If there's a pulse here, hit me up. Thanks. :)
    fss.png
  • PROFESSORLESTERPROFESSORLESTER I'm THESHIT.COM Joined: Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People are still bumping this thread? WOW
    It takes skill to be this Random
    ALEX, ABEL, ANJI, ADON,HONDA, DEEJEY TAGAR
    One of the first GDLK members. Now thats e-penis
  • filldohfilldoh Chief Beata Bitch Joined: Posts: 1,194
    I miss this thread.
    Hey guys! I just started to play fighting games. I'm new!... lol anyways. Whenever one of you guys actually show back up in this thread again. I make videos these days. I just try to have fun. Thats about my extent right now.
    Here is my new video I just uploaded.. but when one of you see it. It will probably months or even a year old. So there should be several more when you actaully see this one lmao.
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!