Under Night In-Birth: From the makers of Melty Blood

Comments

• Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    You also forgot Chaos Code, but whatever dude. Fighting games are on fire... again, lol.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,253
    damn true (editing my post to add those 2)
    btw i thought that chaos code would have its release around this date
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Well, I think they wanted to have something to show at AOU first. Then after that, maybe ASW will be ready to actually set the game into the wild of Japanese arcades.

Who knows! Maybe even MONSTER will come back out of the blue. We're almost coming to a YEAR since its last loke test in Japan, after all! :lol:
    it makes you wonder, since asw is related, would they release the game on consoles (i hope so) and if they do, how long it will take them to do it :/
    i remembered that we forgot the new akatsuki rainbow edition
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    There is literally no reason to wear corrective eyeglasses or contact lenses if you don't play video games in HD.
    Update: I just got a new pair of specs that my optometrist says are fully compatible with 1080p.
    CONFIRMED WITH FLYER:

yfrog Fullsize - wztbg.jpg

Game name is Under Night In-Birth. Original characters. It will be revealed next week.

Source: Game Nyarth

UPDATE: If you can check the OP you can confirm now that the famous "concept art" pic was totally real and those are the chars in the game... hype train.

UPDATE 2: Just in case you didn't understand what im talking about. I did the pic so sorry guys if the quality is horrible.
  • c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 577
    cant get over the name. really fb?
    cant get over the name. really fb?

Pro-tip: French Bread are engrish experts, much more than me.
    More info thanks to am-net:

- 100% original characters
    - Development started after Current Code launch
    - 30% to 40% completed
    - Four characters confirmed with names: Two men (Hyde and Waldstein) and two women (Linne and Carmine)
    - 4 buttons
    - Will be showed in... September in the next JAMMA show... oh man...
    thanx for the info bro
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • FarpenoodleFarpenoodle \o/ Joined: Posts: 604
    Unib(eam)
    Play Arcana Heart 3. It's a good game. :tup:
    Round1.sg
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,009
    They picked a really weird name from their Engrish generator.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,699
    They picked a really weird name from their Engrish generator.

Business as usual @ french bread
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Worst fighting game name I ever heard.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Hmmm..UNIBirth= Universe?
    Either way looking forward to some gameplay =3
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Inbirth? Inverse? Whatever, I'm liking the sound of this already. :lol:

Also, the fact that one of the characters is named Hide/Hyde finally makes sense. The little .gif picture that can be seen linked to the "coming soon" picture on FB's site (as well as was the avatar on FB's twitter) bears the same name.

Here's more info courtesy of Melty-Bread:

"New IP: Under Night In-Birth. [... what? Also, 'In-Birth' is pronounced 'inverse' apparently.]

Also, "the official site should be up today, and they're currently uploading the promo movie, please be patient".

EDIT:

According to this twitter account, it seems that Melty's getting a version up as well? *Both sites should be up soon.

EDIT 2:
    Full scan of the first image. Second image that reveals the game's website; http://inbirth.info, which is currently unavailable.

EDIT 3:* :slowpoke:
    From a report on the event here.
    - 4 button control scheme.
    - 4 characters revealed so far - Hyde, Linne, Waldstein and Carmine.
    - Development started about a year ago, and the game is currently at 30~40% completion.
    - Expected release at the end of the year.
    - An exhibition is planned for the Amusement Maker Show in September.
    - 1280x720 HD resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.

About the next Melty Blood
    - Additional Characters.
    - 2 screenshots were shown.
    - Powerd Ciel added to the game.* [:gonk:]
    - Scheduled for Spring.
    - Arcades currently running Current Code will get upgraded free of charge.
    - Another character will be revealed around Summer, they can't say who it is just yet, but they can give a hint.
    - Afterwards, they'll consider Melty Blood HD, but Type-Moon's side thinks it's too soon? [Not sure about this one.]

And lastly there'll be a full report in Arcadia."

- [url=http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha's-tea-room/so-apparently-that-game-french-bread-were-making[/url]

(Thanks to Erkz)
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Hmmm..UNIBirth= Universe?
    Either way looking forward to some gameplay =3

Oh please, it could've been called Doki Doki Rappu Sexu and you guys would still get hyped.
    STOMP!
  • Colorful EuphemismColorful Euphemism Joined: Posts: 72
    considering the later versions of melty blood (mostly the AA series) are actually pretty good, my expectations for this being the new anime game of choice are pretty high.
    considering the later versions of melty blood (mostly the AA series) are actually pretty good, my expectations for this being the new anime game of choice are pretty high.

While I'm also hoping for the best, let's keep in mind that MB had to go through almost a decade's worth of upgrading and balancing before it got to the "sweet spot" that it is in currently. So, while I'm sure French Bread has the benefit of having a good deal of experience on their side now, starting over from scratch with a new IP means just that. But hey, everything worthwhile has to start from some where.
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    Oh please, it could've been called Doki Doki Rappu Sexu and you guys would still get hyped.

Yeah, what's up with people looking past pointless shit like that, especially on srk?
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • gluemchengluemchen Joined: Posts: 117
    Is this going to run on the sega arcade system?
    Steam ID(gluemchen)/GFWL(gluemchen): SSFIV AE 2012, SFxT
    PSN(gluemchen): Skullgirls
    Region: Europe(Germany)
    Skill: Bad/Mediorcre
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,699
    a new IP AND a new melty too?! hype hype
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • FarpenoodleFarpenoodle \o/ Joined: Posts: 604
    Is this going to run on the sega arcade system?
    Probably. But the difference between the Sega and Taito platforms is pretty minuscule besides power. I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly said it was for NESICA or X2.
    Play Arcana Heart 3. It's a good game. :tup:
    Round1.sg
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    - 100% original characters

ahahahahahaha
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    ahahahahahaha

One would argue that they are as original as Elizabeth Blanctorch from KoF @_@
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    If it wasn't clear yet, the four characters that appear on the poster correspond to the first four characters from the left on the concept art that was put up months ago.
  • ShikiMSHTSShikiMSHTS Maid Joined: Posts: 187
    It's nice to know I'll have something to foam at the mouth and get hype about after MvC3 comes out. D:
  • CX805CX805 HIGH TENSION DA Joined: Posts: 102
    Boner achieved.
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    i wish french bread didn't come up with the worst fucking game names known to man
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
    ahahahahahaha

bro you know what they mean, but yeah as the old said says, there is nothing new under the sun :wonder:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,034
    Many babies are made, under the cover of the night.
    4Gamer.net

Article on the HydraGP event, with camera shots on the TV with INBIRTH goodness.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Luckydude23Luckydude23 Anime girls, all day. Joined: Posts: 505
    Wow! Those screens look so good. Can't wait to see more of the game!
    at this point im intrigued of what is the use of the bar that its between the super bars
    on the 1st pic of the gameplay (21) you can see that both palyers have 6 segments
    on the 2nd screenshot (20) you can look that 3 segments have been "taken" to say it in some way
    and in the 3rd one (19) you can see that the 2nd player has 7 while the 1st player has only 5
    as long as is not a guard libra im fine
    maybe its some sort of momentum bar, like the Holy Grial of F/UC
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KeiForceKeiForce VICTORYUKEN! Joined: Posts: 274
    *hype*

I... just hope between now and the release of Under Night, they perhaps change In-Birth to Inverse officially. In-Birth sounds... awkward. But I'd still play the hell out of it, so what'ev. Probably would try out Hyde first, definitely getting a Saki (VanPri) kind of feeling from him.
    SRK! Now with 55% more man-children! Adopt one today!
  • Forte WilyForte Wily Buster Style Master Joined: Posts: 52
    It going to be a good winter it seems
    im gonna laugh if this turns like a "watered" version of MB like the trend of the other new fighting games :rofl:
    Colour me odd, but a more accessible game might be a good thing in the long run with an new IP like this. Mind you, accessible and simplified (or as you put it, "watered") are mutually exclusive things... Not that Melty, wasn't in all honesty, but more into that vain of thinking would be interesting. Anyways, gives me something to look forward.
    i really wish type-moon would get the genius idea of making a Fate/uc vs Melty Blood game.
    you know, inspired by the success of tatsunoko vs capcom, possible success of marvel vs capcom3, etc...

my dream of a fate vs melty game involves the 2D gameplay of melty, the superb graphics of fate, and the most interesting characters from both novels coming together.

i think that is my most wanted and desired game.
    but it'll never happen:(

"We need to go deeper." Yeah remember that movie.... Nolan treated the Dark Knight as a warm up to the production that is Inception. And Yes, that movie is awesome.

Now this is all speculation here, but I think that French-Bread/Ecole might be making a similar play. Type-Moon is a MUCH different company than it was when Melty Blood started. They are pretty much in league with the other big players like Key and so on. So property is handled in a different manner than it was when it started, Fate Stay Night has become one of it's more noticeable (and popular) properties.... so the fact that Fate/Unlimited Codes was handled by Capcom should not really be much of a surprise.
    French-Bread is rather small, they don't have the bags of money that Capcom has just to get a shot at using Fate in a game. They really need to show that they can pull of something compelling, something that will feel right, something suited for an age where 720hd (at the least) is visually king and well... something that they themselves own. In-Birth might be a way at doing that... if it does well, then they get an original IP to play with and show off to T-M if they decide to make a case for using Fate. At the very least, French-Bread will have something that is their to begin with, as so to not be beholden to T-M completely for something new.

The next few months with this game on market will be critical, if this is the game French-Bread and Ecole is playing.
    at this point im intrigued of what is the use of the bar that its between the super bars
    I noticed that, colour me curious on that...
    as long as is not a guard libra im fine
    maybe its some sort of momentum bar, like the Holy Grial of F/UC
    Guard Libra, I can live with... Guard Bunker Points however.... If that bar is that, I going to cry inside.
    Then I need to find a plane and guns....
    Silence, calm, and the right aim...
    "If you're the top player, wouldn't it feel better if you're ranked high among lots and lots of people?" - Yoshinori Ono
    Thanks a lot for the uploads, Heca. It made making a topic on GAF that much easier! :lol:

Really loving the looks of this game. I really can't wait to see it in motion.

Now, as for that bar? That's interesting to note, as well. But I guess with this game being only 40% complete at best, there's still a whole lot of room for them to change their minds when it comes to game play mechanics. So I guess we can only wait and see.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Nice screens, I am hype now. Maining Carmine :coffee:
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 577