Under Night In-Birth: From the makers of Melty Blood

Comments

• FarpenoodleFarpenoodle \o/ Joined: Posts: 604
    Unib(eam)
    Play Arcana Heart 3. It's a good game. :tup:
    Round1.sg
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,009
    They picked a really weird name from their Engrish generator.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,692
    They picked a really weird name from their Engrish generator.

Business as usual @ french bread
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Worst fighting game name I ever heard.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Hmmm..UNIBirth= Universe?
    Either way looking forward to some gameplay =3
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Inbirth? Inverse? Whatever, I'm liking the sound of this already. :lol:

Also, the fact that one of the characters is named Hide/Hyde finally makes sense. The little .gif picture that can be seen linked to the "coming soon" picture on FB's site (as well as was the avatar on FB's twitter) bears the same name.

Here's more info courtesy of Melty-Bread:

"New IP: Under Night In-Birth. [... what? Also, 'In-Birth' is pronounced 'inverse' apparently.]

Also, "the official site should be up today, and they're currently uploading the promo movie, please be patient".

EDIT:

According to this twitter account, it seems that Melty's getting a version up as well? *Both sites should be up soon.

EDIT 2:
    Full scan of the first image. Second image that reveals the game's website; http://inbirth.info, which is currently unavailable.

EDIT 3:* :slowpoke:
    From a report on the event here.
    - 4 button control scheme.
    - 4 characters revealed so far - Hyde, Linne, Waldstein and Carmine.
    - Development started about a year ago, and the game is currently at 30~40% completion.
    - Expected release at the end of the year.
    - An exhibition is planned for the Amusement Maker Show in September.
    - 1280x720 HD resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.

About the next Melty Blood
    - Additional Characters.
    - 2 screenshots were shown.
    - Powerd Ciel added to the game.* [:gonk:]
    - Scheduled for Spring.
    - Arcades currently running Current Code will get upgraded free of charge.
    - Another character will be revealed around Summer, they can't say who it is just yet, but they can give a hint.
    - Afterwards, they'll consider Melty Blood HD, but Type-Moon's side thinks it's too soon? [Not sure about this one.]

And lastly there'll be a full report in Arcadia."

- [url=http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha's-tea-room/so-apparently-that-game-french-bread-were-making[/url]

(Thanks to Erkz)
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Hmmm..UNIBirth= Universe?
    Either way looking forward to some gameplay =3

Oh please, it could've been called Doki Doki Rappu Sexu and you guys would still get hyped.
    STOMP!
  • Colorful EuphemismColorful Euphemism Joined: Posts: 72
    considering the later versions of melty blood (mostly the AA series) are actually pretty good, my expectations for this being the new anime game of choice are pretty high.
    considering the later versions of melty blood (mostly the AA series) are actually pretty good, my expectations for this being the new anime game of choice are pretty high.

While I'm also hoping for the best, let's keep in mind that MB had to go through almost a decade's worth of upgrading and balancing before it got to the "sweet spot" that it is in currently. So, while I'm sure French Bread has the benefit of having a good deal of experience on their side now, starting over from scratch with a new IP means just that. But hey, everything worthwhile has to start from some where.
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    Oh please, it could've been called Doki Doki Rappu Sexu and you guys would still get hyped.

Yeah, what's up with people looking past pointless shit like that, especially on srk?
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • gluemchengluemchen Joined: Posts: 117
    Is this going to run on the sega arcade system?
    Steam ID(gluemchen)/GFWL(gluemchen): SSFIV AE 2012, SFxT
    PSN(gluemchen): Skullgirls
    Region: Europe(Germany)
    Skill: Bad/Mediorcre
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,692
    a new IP AND a new melty too?! hype hype
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • FarpenoodleFarpenoodle \o/ Joined: Posts: 604
    Is this going to run on the sega arcade system?
    Probably. But the difference between the Sega and Taito platforms is pretty minuscule besides power. I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly said it was for NESICA or X2.
    Play Arcana Heart 3. It's a good game. :tup:
    Round1.sg
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    - 100% original characters

ahahahahahaha
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    ahahahahahaha

One would argue that they are as original as Elizabeth Blanctorch from KoF @_@
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    If it wasn't clear yet, the four characters that appear on the poster correspond to the first four characters from the left on the concept art that was put up months ago.
  • ShikiMSHTSShikiMSHTS Maid Joined: Posts: 187
    It's nice to know I'll have something to foam at the mouth and get hype about after MvC3 comes out. D:
  • CX805CX805 HIGH TENSION DA Joined: Posts: 102
    Boner achieved.
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    i wish french bread didn't come up with the worst fucking game names known to man
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,761
    ahahahahahaha

bro you know what they mean, but yeah as the old said says, there is nothing new under the sun :wonder:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,030
    Many babies are made, under the cover of the night.
    4Gamer.net

Article on the HydraGP event, with camera shots on the TV with INBIRTH goodness.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Luckydude23Luckydude23 Anime girls, all day. Joined: Posts: 505
    Wow! Those screens look so good. Can't wait to see more of the game!
    at this point im intrigued of what is the use of the bar that its between the super bars
    on the 1st pic of the gameplay (21) you can see that both palyers have 6 segments
    on the 2nd screenshot (20) you can look that 3 segments have been "taken" to say it in some way
    and in the 3rd one (19) you can see that the 2nd player has 7 while the 1st player has only 5
    as long as is not a guard libra im fine
    maybe its some sort of momentum bar, like the Holy Grial of F/UC
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • KeiForceKeiForce VICTORYUKEN! Joined: Posts: 274
    *hype*

I... just hope between now and the release of Under Night, they perhaps change In-Birth to Inverse officially. In-Birth sounds... awkward. But I'd still play the hell out of it, so what'ev. Probably would try out Hyde first, definitely getting a Saki (VanPri) kind of feeling from him.
    SRK! Now with 55% more man-children! Adopt one today!
  • Forte WilyForte Wily Buster Style Master Joined: Posts: 52
    It going to be a good winter it seems
    im gonna laugh if this turns like a "watered" version of MB like the trend of the other new fighting games :rofl:
    Colour me odd, but a more accessible game might be a good thing in the long run with an new IP like this. Mind you, accessible and simplified (or as you put it, "watered") are mutually exclusive things... Not that Melty, wasn't in all honesty, but more into that vain of thinking would be interesting. Anyways, gives me something to look forward.
    i really wish type-moon would get the genius idea of making a Fate/uc vs Melty Blood game.
    you know, inspired by the success of tatsunoko vs capcom, possible success of marvel vs capcom3, etc...

my dream of a fate vs melty game involves the 2D gameplay of melty, the superb graphics of fate, and the most interesting characters from both novels coming together.

i think that is my most wanted and desired game.
    but it'll never happen:(

"We need to go deeper." Yeah remember that movie.... Nolan treated the Dark Knight as a warm up to the production that is Inception. And Yes, that movie is awesome.

Now this is all speculation here, but I think that French-Bread/Ecole might be making a similar play. Type-Moon is a MUCH different company than it was when Melty Blood started. They are pretty much in league with the other big players like Key and so on. So property is handled in a different manner than it was when it started, Fate Stay Night has become one of it's more noticeable (and popular) properties.... so the fact that Fate/Unlimited Codes was handled by Capcom should not really be much of a surprise.
    French-Bread is rather small, they don't have the bags of money that Capcom has just to get a shot at using Fate in a game. They really need to show that they can pull of something compelling, something that will feel right, something suited for an age where 720hd (at the least) is visually king and well... something that they themselves own. In-Birth might be a way at doing that... if it does well, then they get an original IP to play with and show off to T-M if they decide to make a case for using Fate. At the very least, French-Bread will have something that is their to begin with, as so to not be beholden to T-M completely for something new.

The next few months with this game on market will be critical, if this is the game French-Bread and Ecole is playing.
    at this point im intrigued of what is the use of the bar that its between the super bars
    I noticed that, colour me curious on that...
    as long as is not a guard libra im fine
    maybe its some sort of momentum bar, like the Holy Grial of F/UC
    Guard Libra, I can live with... Guard Bunker Points however.... If that bar is that, I going to cry inside.
    Then I need to find a plane and guns....
    Silence, calm, and the right aim...
    "If you're the top player, wouldn't it feel better if you're ranked high among lots and lots of people?" - Yoshinori Ono
    Thanks a lot for the uploads, Heca. It made making a topic on GAF that much easier! :lol:

Really loving the looks of this game. I really can't wait to see it in motion.

Now, as for that bar? That's interesting to note, as well. But I guess with this game being only 40% complete at best, there's still a whole lot of room for them to change their minds when it comes to game play mechanics. So I guess we can only wait and see.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Nice screens, I am hype now. Maining Carmine :coffee:
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 577
    Colour me odd, but a more accessible game might be a good thing in the long run with an new IP like this. Mind you, accessible and simplified (or as you put it, "watered") are mutually exclusive things... Not that Melty, wasn't in all honesty, but more into that vain of thinking would be interesting. Anyways, gives me something to look forward.

that comment was more related on how, all the "old" agmers dislike the new ip's because they are watered versions of the previous games
    SF4, BB get a lot of hate for being watered/casual versions compared to previous SF's or GG
    like you i dont mind a game that its more accesible as long as it keeps a good balance between depthand accesibility
    you can always grow after you catch tthe eyes of the people
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    The next few months with this game on market will be critical, if this is the game French-Bread and Ecole is playing.

I don't know. It may be something along the lines of what FB is planning, but I wouldn't be surprised if the exact inverse of what you speak of may be more the truth.

After all, Type Moon isn't the ONLY one who's come a long way from their doujin roots. FB, while still a small, indy dev, has risen amongst the ranks of "poverty", making it so that their doujin game has become a commercial product that's able to stand with the "big dawgs" in arcades and has had its fair share of competitive tournament appearances. I don't think it's really a thing where FB "needs" Type Moon and its Tsukihime license explicitly, any longer. And that's exactly what Under Night stands to represent, as they strike out on their own.

If French Bread seizes the full extent of the opportunity Under Night presents (like say...a worldwide release with decent netcode when it comes time to console port), it could stand to take FB to another level altogether. But in other words, I HIGHLY doubt that FB is going through all this trouble for making a brand-new 2D fighter, with HD assets that had to be drawn up from scratch, just as a means to "impress" Type Moon. They're definitely in this for themselves, now.
  • IrysaIrysa Where have all the good games gone? Joined: Posts: 106
    all the text for the combo counters and meter and shit are from old versions of mb down to the fucking font and italics lol
    [13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
    that comment was more related on how, all the "old" agmers dislike the new ip's because they are watered versions of the previous games
    I have heard that old reframe, and you know what I hear when I see that... "Get off my goddamm lawn." coming from some guy in his 60. Times change, over time meta-games get large in a fighter (CVS2, GG and Marvel 2 are rather good examples of this), once that sets in... no new blood. I would rather keep attracting new players than letting the game get so complex that it kills itself off (and before ANYONE starts... Marvel is the exception of this pattern, not the rule).
    We need more new players in fighters in general, so if more accessible IP get that done... I am all for it.
    SF4, BB get a lot of hate for being watered/casual versions compared to previous SF's or GG
    I know, personally... I like BlazBlue, but it kind of clear that with all that polish, the series is still being constantly tweaked. Among my friends, I am known to say that "Blaz is not quite there yet"... and by there I mean the plateau that was Guilty Gear X2/XX. GG didn't get to where it was in a day as a series, I am not expecting BlazBlue to do that either. And at this point, I am clearly done treating BlazBlue in the same manner that I did GG... outside of the small trap I am in called "I sometimes wish Jin was Ky."
    like you i dont mind a game that its more accessible as long as it keeps a good balance between depth and accessibility
    Agreed, and as much as FB has done good with Melty.... they can't all be gems (I look at you... Battle Fantasia, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, etc.).
    I don't know. It may be something along the lines of what FB is planning, but I wouldn't be surprised if the exact inverse of what you speak of may be more the truth.

After all, Type Moon isn't the ONLY one who's come a long way from their doujin roots. FB, while still a small, indy dev, has risen amongst the ranks of "poverty", making it so that their doujin game has become a commercial product that's able to stand with the "big dawgs" in arcades and has had its fair share of competitive tournament appearances. I don't think it's really a thing where FB "needs" Type Moon and its Tsukihime license explicitly, any longer. And that's exactly what Under Night stands to represent, as they strike out on their own.

If French Bread seizes the full extent of the opportunity Under Night presents (like say...a worldwide release with decent netcode when it comes time to console port), it could stand to take FB to another level altogether. But in other words, I HIGHLY doubt that FB is going through all this trouble for making a brand-new 2D fighter, with HD assets that had to be drawn up from scratch, just as a means to "impress" Type Moon. They're definitely in this for themselves, now.
    No, that why the game itself it two-sided. I honest doubt that impressing Moon at this point is the only motivation. But more to have a portfolio of games that they have done.
    Type-Moon isn't the only company that FB would impress if this game goes gold and does well. And I think that, in all honesty, that is the point. As you said, "I don't think it's really a thing where FB "needs" Type Moon and its Tsukihime license explicitly, any longer." It's more to walk into any companies office and when they ask FB "what have you done?" they can have something to show other that Melty, that Type-Moon can't simply walk away with.
    Arc System Works was basically in that spot a few years back with Guilty Gear under the hand of Sega-Sammy, and look at where they are now. BlazBlue is theirs and theirs alone. I think that it would take a act of god to make that otherwise now. Plus, anyone can look at what they have done and base their choices off it of it. I am rather sure that BB is partly why Arcana Heart 3's port was entrusted to them....

That said, I am going to have to keep an eye on this and see if I am right.
    "If you're the top player, wouldn't it feel better if you're ranked high among lots and lots of people?" - Yoshinori Ono
    I noticed that, colour me curious on that...

Guard Libra, I can live with... Guard Bunker Points however.... If that bar is that, I going to cry inside.
    Then I need to find a plane and guns....

remember the guard libra system on BBCT, that was atrocious, but lets wait and see what it is before starting any speculation :looney:

btw, F/UC wasnt handled by capcom per se, it was 8ting, capcom only published the game, the same way that sammy and sega did with GG until GG slash
    snip.

i totally agree with you here, i think that this is the next step for them to break their doujin status (though i think that they arent a doujin circle since act cadenza)
    with a new ip that its from their own they have a great amount of freedom to experiment with the chars and the gameplay, something that from what i understand its something that give problems to them in the past and its something that they want to avoid now
    Agreed, and as much as FB has done good with Melty.... they can't all be gems (I look at you... Battle Fantasia, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, etc.),

mind you but BF is a great game :P
    btw, mvc3 can be considered a watered version too, since it has a simplified contol scheme, and maybe other stuff like that (not sure yet so who knows)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • IrysaIrysa Where have all the good games gone? Joined: Posts: 106
    hecatom, marvel 2 had a simplified control scheme as well compared to the previous vs titles, not really a good comparison.
    [13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
    remember the guard libra system on BBCT, that was atrocious, but lets wait and see what it is before starting any speculation :looney:

Indeed....
    btw, F/UC wasnt handled by capcom per se, it was 8ting, capcom only published the game, the same way that sammy and sega did with GG until GG slash
    I see, didn't know that... really developers really have to start putting their badge on the cover more.

(though i think that they arent a doujin circle since act cadenza)
    No, they are not... once you are published, you are legit. AC was Bread's brake-out moment, once that happened they became "Neil".
    something that from what i understand its something that give problems to them in the past and its something that they want to avoid now
    I don't know the particulars on that, but I do remember seeing those notes some where.... T-M had a way of being conservative, if that harmed ideas in the development stage... then I would not be all that shocked.

, mvc3 can be considered a watered version too, since it has a simplified control scheme, and maybe other stuff like that (not sure yet so who knows)
    It is and it isn't, if TvC is any indication. At times it's rather surprising what one can do with a simple button set-up. And as Irysa notes, Marvel as a series (MvC to MvC3) has a history of doing that...
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,642
    I'll be judging this game on it's own merit. I wasn't into Melty Blood that much. I didn't like it enough to improve beyond a casual level. This new game looks sweet from the screens. The moment I saw Waldstein I knew that he will be my main.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    hecatom, marvel 2 had a simplified control scheme as well compared to the previous vs titles, not really a good comparison.

yeah,but remember how people complained that mvc2 was a watered version of previous games because it only had 4 buttons instead of 6 back in the day :looney:

what im trying to say, maybe they are "watered" versions of previous games, but that doesnt make them better or worst, just different, sf4 and bb are still depth games even if they are or not "watered" games
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    I don't know the particulars on that, but I do remember seeing those notes some where.... T-M had a way of being conservative, if that harmed ideas in the development stage... then I would not be all that shocked.

It's not only things on the pre-production side, it's also produced post-production issues, as well. For example, FB is perfectly aware that MB has a western scene, and they know that the game had a presence at EVO last year. But can they capitalize on that? Nope, because Type Moon, for whatever reason, doesn't want to share the Tsukihime love over in the West. And so, FB and Ecole's hands are tied in that area.

So, now with Under Night, they may likely get their big chance to have a legit presence in the West for the first time. I can't stress it enough; if they really want to be able to have an active contest with ASW and their "hateful Blazblue!", they really need to vie for the same global stage that ASW has. ASW proves that there is a market for these "anime fighter" games worldwide, it''s just a matter of marketing.
    yeah,but remember how people complained that mvc2 was a watered version of previous games because it only had 4 buttons instead of 6 back in the day :looney:

Oh yeah. In fact, in a lot of ways, I still disliked what happened with MvC2. But it wasn't so much the fact that it reduced buttons, so much that by doing so, they changed how some characters performed overall. For example, in COTA, Iceman was able to have an answer for Storm's run-away, because he had access to 3 different types of Ice Beams and Ice Balls that went in different directions. By his appearance in MvC2, however, the reduced button allotment also reduced his attacks. He lost his main answers to Storm's run-away as a result. THIS is the type of "simplification" that I don't care for, when it does more to limit my options. Ideally, because MvC3 is a game that's built from the ground-up around its control scheme, it won't be the same type of thing at all, but we'll see.

And that's my main thing. If you're going to "stream-line" a game so that it's more accessible, fine. But don't do it at the expense of reducing depriving us of options and tools, either.
    indeed, they took a lot of tools from the characters making them some what less effective, yet we also need to remember that the game now provide us with 2 assits that theorically can help us to overcome the lack of said tools, in theory, the fact is that mvc2 wasnt intended to be played like previous games

now as for UNI-B, they promised the PV, by now i wuld expected the release of said video :/, i want to see some action
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    indeed, they took a lot of tools from the characters making them some what less effective, yet we also need to remember that the game now provide us with 2 assits that theorically can help us to overcome the lack of said tools, in theory, the fact is that mvc2 wasnt intended to be played like previous games

True, but like I said, that's where my problem with the game lies. The main reason the tiers are so lopsided in the game, are entirely due to the fact that some characters were negatively affected by the big change-over much more so than others. And that just speaks of poor design decisions, in my eyes. But whatever, at this point.

Any way, bring on the UNIB. I mean, sure, most of us here and other places like DL and MBread won't likely get a chance to play it until probably Summer 2012, but at least it's something... :lol:
    well, sometimes the wait is as fun as playing the game, its like the excitement that you get before opening a new present on xmas, at leats that its how i feel, i like building the hype for a new game
    yet of course i hate when the game doesnt turn well and dies as suddenly as was released
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I don;t really like the visual style of this. It has that generic anime look.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

define generic
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    blahblahblahaestheticsovergameplayblahblahblah
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    define generic

Generic is the simplistic run of the mill type deal. It doesn't do much to set itself apart from others. It could easily be mistaken for something else and every character that I've seen so far are based on the same head, chin, nose, eye shape. They're all identical in the face, but just with different colors, hair, and clothes. The big guy has a different body shape and skin tone, but he is still structured off the same head, eye, and nose shape.

I'm not going to pass it off just from that though. I went to a two tournies and watched some Melty Blood matches and I thought it looked fun despite the art style. I also didn't try out Strider in MvC1 because of his look, but he became one of my mains when I played with him in MvC2.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

well, at least you put enough tought on your argument compared to the rest of srk, i agree that the chars look a little bland perhaps, but i wouldnt call them generic, i think that it has to do more of the art style than the desing, and yeah i agree that the art style doesnt leave enough room for a variety on faces beyond the shape of the eyes and the hair, but its not that bad either
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CX805CX805 HIGH TENSION DA Joined: Posts: 102
    I think these designs are pretty generic too but that doesn't bug me since it's a fighting game. BB on the other hand...
  • NegroNinjaNegroNinja N-Word Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,620
    I think these designs are pretty generic too but that doesn't bug me since it's a fighting game. BB on the other hand...

Go on.
    AKA Hellpockets/Hotpockets/HaxMurderer/Darth Sharpton