Under Night In-Birth: From the makers of Melty Blood

Comments

• Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,392
    At least with Vatista, the amount of time you have to hold up in that dive kick is smaller when compared with her other charge moves.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,043
    Holy crap, learning the Rion Seth combo is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I was wondering why I would ever choose to do that combo as opposed to the 5B-5CC-214[C]-66C-(run up)- j.A-j.B-j.C-j.214A(land)-214B-then end with orb for pressure. But I guess his combo is better because they have to wake up with orb. Mine has them TECHING in the air to orb. The thing with Rion's combo is that I keep messing up the teleport down to get them in time. :(
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,320
    Since I'm the sort of idiot that can't just stick to one game I ended up buying UNIEL on Steam. And I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Seems fun though.
  • jellyrajahjellyrajah Joined: Posts: 248
    edited August 2016
    shame more people don't play this, seems like a nice mix between SF and anime games
    It's not exactly a high profile title, so it's unsurprising that there are so few people playing this. Sadly. I want to laser people in the face with Vatista. And flash kick people with Vatista. And just play Vatista in general. She's one of the most interesting zoners I can think of, and her combos are pretty fun as well.
    Naeras wrote: »
    It's not exactly a high profile title, so it's unsurprising that there are so few people playing this. Sadly. I want to laser people in the face with Vatista. And flash kick people with Vatista. And just play Vatista in general. She's one of the most interesting zoners I can think of, and her combos are pretty fun as well.

Hahahaha, same here, I also play Vatista, wich is interesting because I never played a charge character before. I'm still struggling with the charges and the general spacing of the game, but she makes everything worth.

@FatalSeabass I think I already played you in rankeds (or another player named FatalSeabass that uses Akatsuki). I play under the name of Raging_Cacodemon on Steam.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,043
    Yep, I definitely remember you. You use Orie or Vatista IIRC.
    edited August 2016
    Vatista is a rather unconventional charge character though. She's got the only f,b-charge move I've ever seen (and u,d, but that move's not as useful outside combos). Which is great as well since it means people have to respect your long range game even when most characters wouldn't have charge. I lost count of how many times I AA flashkicked someone, threw a fullscreen fireball as bait, and used C laser to punish them if they answered with a fireball of their own. And every time I did it, I got this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. =3
    Her diamonds are also a very interesting move for its applications in neutral, as well as in combos and her corner trap obviously. And the rest of her game compliments her zoning/space control really well. Just an overall well-designed character, and almost exactly the sort of character I was looking for.

Admittedly I don't quite understand how to AA with her. What do people use other than flash kick and air-to-airs? 5B or 2B for certain spacings? 5A?
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,697 mod
    (I personally can't answer anything about this game given it's one of the many recent games I've been unable to play as of yet, so someone else will have to. Sorry.)

It feels weird to start paying attention to this game again after a year and come back not only to a new version of the game where Akatsuki is no longer perhaps the worst character in the game, but also come back to two new original characters; I like Phonon far more than Mika though. I wonder if they'll ever get around to ever trying to add Filia or if that was just a teasing shout-out, even though she'd have to work completely differently in this engine even if they "fixed" the cross-up issue that the first version of the game had in this latest version, which I'm unsure if they did.

Hecatom wrote: »

Speaking of changes, thanks for posting this.

Although it doesn't matter all that much, I'm curious if anyone knows if the character diagram at 01:49:21 is the general consensus for the game as a whole or just for the machine that they're playing on. If it's the former, then it's interesting to see that Akatsuki rose that far while Carmine fell that far. A bit disappointing to see Yuzuriha at dead last, though not overly surprising. It's also a bit disappointing to see Spider-Brat apparently still as one of the best characters in the game, though that's not surprising either; furthermore, it is slightly obnoxious that apparently Byakuya has only advantaged match-ups.

Still, if the worst match-up in the entire game is apparently only 3.7 to 6.3 in the form of Yuzuriha vs. Orie, then this game is far more balanced than most other games are, especially since most of Byakuya's matches are only slightly advantages rather than 6 to 4 or more matches all-around.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    Vatista is a rather unconventional charge character though. She's got the only f,b-charge move I've ever seen (and u,d, but that move's not as useful outside combos). Which is great as well since it means people have to respect your long range game even when most characters wouldn't have charge. I lost count of how many times I AA flashkicked someone, threw a fullscreen fireball as bait, and used C laser to punish them if they answered with a fireball of their own. And every time I did it, I got this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. =3
    Her diamonds are also a very interesting move for its applications in neutral, as well as in combos and her corner trap obviously. And the rest of her game compliments her zoning/space control really well. Just an overall well-designed character, and almost exactly the sort of character I was looking for.

Admittedly I don't quite understand how to AA with her. What do people use other than flash kick and air-to-airs? 5B or 2B for certain spacings? 5A?

Her divekick B can be used as a mixup tool, according to Mizuumi wiki:

"Despite being a charge move, [8]2B can function as an instant overhead if the charge is hidden in another jump/other moves. With j.C, she can perform a high-low-high mixup between j.C > [8]2B, j.C > 2C, and j.C > land > [8]2B. You can also set this up by using j.A to explode a nearby Fragmentum and then mixing up between j.C > 2C and j.C > land > [8]2B (assuming the explosion is blocked). Note that at low altitudes, most characters can hit Vatista out of [8]2B on reaction with a simple 5A, so don't get predictable with this."

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth/Vatista

For AA 2B is better than 5B because she lowers her hurtbox. 5A can easily lead into combos and you can also use 5C if you aren't very close to the opponent
    Yeah, I mean, [8],2B has its uses. It's just not as useful as the laser, which is a positively great move.

I also realized there's actual charge partitioning in this game, which makes Vatista even more technical than I thought.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    Been watching Latest fights a bit lately. From what I see Seth got REALLY good.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 253
    So does anyone have an idea of how improved Akatsuki is in [st] because I am behind reading the notes.
    Also if anyone wants to play me on Steam give me a shout, got the PS3 version to I just not online much there. Great to see this thread still fairly active!
    The world needs more folk metal
    What's your region? If you're EU I might be up for a few games later today. I'm complete shit at this game though =p
  • VoodinVoodin Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey does anyone know how to play Merkava and Waldstein, they're my two best characters right now and im trying to hone my skills. Netplay on steam version is ass tho
    "No frame-perfect people allowed"

Filthy Casual Steam Group For the non-competitive, featuring Divekick, Lethal League, Suguri X edition and much more.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    edited September 2016
    So does anyone have an idea of how improved Akatsuki is in [st] because I am behind reading the notes.
    Also if anyone wants to play me on Steam give me a shout, got the PS3 version to I just not online much there. Great to see this thread still fairly active!

From what I see basically all his shit was improved, and if he puts you in corner you are fucked.

Skip to 43:55.

Thankfully looks like my bae Lynne got off easy.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    What's your region? If you're EU I might be up for a few games later today. I'm complete shit at this game though =p

Im not EU, but always willing to play.
    Bious wrote: »

From what I see basically all his shit was improved, and if he puts you in corner you are fucked.

Skip to 43:55.

Thankfully looks like my bae Lynne got off easy.

I like the looks of that!
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,057 mod
    I hope Vatista's nonsensically difficult bread and butter is actually easy to do now. All her charge motion nonsense was a joke compared to the utter lunacy the game made you go through for a bread and butter. I honestly wish her gems didn't operate like that to be honest.
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,039
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,693
    Strike while the iron is hot!
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,109
    PC as always gets it late[st].
    The fact that my ps3 has been broken for the last year makes this so gdlk for me.

Also, July 20 is like not far away.
    And Enkidu will be the newest playable character.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,039

Apparently the devs might add another character to the console version besides Enkidu like what they did with original UNIEL (which added Nanase and Byakuya)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Apparently the devs might add another character to the console version besides Enkidu like what they did with original UNIEL (which added Nanase and Byakuya)

Erika Wagner or riot.

And can we have rollback netcode this time? Please? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,790
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,282
    The meme is dead, we finally get it. Exe Late was a really good game, so pretty excited.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    edited May 18
    Yassssss. We are getting Erika Wagner as a new character.

erika_wagner_unist-1.jpg?resize=576%2C1024

erika_wagner_unist-4.jpg?w=953

erika_wagner_unist-3.jpg?resize=628%2C648

Source: https://twitter.com/Sourenga
  • NiiobuNiiobu Arcana Blart 3: LOVE MALL!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    Erika was the only NPC I actually wanted playable so I'm pretty hype now.
    Freeobu
    Oh wow she's pretty. Also sword n shield. Pixie rushdown ftw.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    I've never played Melty Blood, was it as boring as this game?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

edited May 19
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Melty Blood is a lot more aggressive than this game. At a high level this game gets pretty defensive though it seems outside vatista I don't see too many down back fests. The throw break window is massive, throw OS is very powerful and takes a pretty hard commit to bait. Stagger pressure can be tricky though, but offense is more tame here than it is in melty, BB, or GG.

This game is a pretty good anime fighter to get into if you come from SF because it isn't terribly RTSD focused.
    UNIB is very anime and yet it isnt an airdasher, so you get the chain combos but you still have to have good footsies and fundamentals.

Its honestly the game you should be playing if you are transitioning from SF.

But nobodys gonna fuckin do that.
    So it's confirmed console is coming with balance changes, lots of new moves for characters. Lot of people getting charged variations of existing specials. Eltnum getting ricochet bullets like in Melty. They had a tourney this week and they brought console dev kit somewhere in japan and uniel discord has a bunch of changes people were posting, nothing official yet though.
  • BauxeBauxe Joined: Posts: 2
    edited May 21
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

UNI and Aquapazza are the most boring titles I know, due to being slow-paced and no combo escape system.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like slow-paced games with no combo escape system.

Also, it seems that the auto-combo has been removed in UNIst, I've seen Linne, Carmine, Yuzuriha and Nanase do 5A>5A on block. Would be nice if it's true. And Erika looks so coooool!
    Post edited by Bauxe on
  • GenerousGenerous Joined: Posts: 12
    Any info regarding Erika voice actress?
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 107
    Shizuka Ishigami. It's already confirmed on siliconera
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 107

It's very beautiful. Seems like French Bread/Ecole did it again to make a decent OP
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
    edited May 30

It's very beautiful. Seems like French Bread/Ecole did it again to make a decent OP

I respectfully disagree. Most of the openings of the game(or games) have been kind of boring to me. Good music but everything else could be throw in with any anime or anime game and look exactly the same. This new opening you posted looks much better. First looking at it made me feel weird but then the use of sprites alongside anime made it feel more like a fighting game opening than an anime one and the smoother frame rates really feel nice compared to the other openings that serve as one of the few weak points of an otherwise excellent fighting game.~
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,817
    Nowhere near enough Merkava
  • GenerousGenerous Joined: Posts: 12

Subjectively the worst OP in UNI though
    I adore this game I do I just wished it had not taken so long to port the arcade content. The fact that it is though is a wonderful thing though and I am glad Akatsuki will be much better now if no terrible changes are made to him prior to his release. I wonder if there will be anymore characters added prior to release?
    I could care less because all I want is for the content to have a PC release like before.
  • guyvin_juyvin_83guyvin_juyvin_83 Veni Vidi Vici Joined: Posts: 76
    I got this game when it was free on psn. Its awesome but most characters I just tapped 'square' repeatedly and done combo after combo. Bit shitty really, have I unknowingly chose a simple fighting style with easy combos because id much prefer the proper inputs+
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,817
    I got this game when it was free on psn. Its awesome but most characters I just tapped 'square' repeatedly and done combo after combo. Bit shitty really, have I unknowingly chose a simple fighting style with easy combos because id much prefer the proper inputs+

There are actual combos and inputs in the game, but there's an auto combo if you're a newb but is never used in any sort of real play.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,968
    edited June 8
    I adore this game I do I just wished it had not taken so long to port the arcade content. The fact that it is though is a wonderful thing though and I am glad Akatsuki will be much better now if no terrible changes are made to him prior to his release. I wonder if there will be anymore characters added prior to release?
    I could care less because all I want is for the content to have a PC release like before.

This is not just port but additional cotent such mission, lenthgy story mode, more characters and ballance adjustment.

The sprite work they do takes alot of time ontop of audio work, and gameplay stuff.
    Muttonman wrote: »

There are actual combos and inputs in the game, but there's an auto combo if you're a newb but is never used in any sort of real play.
    Not really true, smart steer benefit characters with negative edge moves and allow characterd to reuse certain normal that were use prior to the smart steer.

But info been circulating that its been remove in this port.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    keo-bas wrote: »

This is not just port but additional cotent such mission, lenthgy story mode, more characters and ballance adjustment.

The sprite work they do takes alot of time ontop of audio work, and gameplay stuff.
    Muttonman wrote: »

Not really true, smart steer benefit characters with negative edge moves and allow characterd to reuse certain normal that were use prior to the smart steer.

But info been circulating that its been remove in this port.

Removed huh? Guess we will wait and see.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,790
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)