Under Night In-Birth: From the makers of Melty Blood

Comments

• LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    I really wish Akatsuki had either less recovery on his fireball or a longer dash (maybe a run is too good). As he is I don't even know how I'm supposed to fight Merkava or Gordeau.
    Block and tech everything to build grid and force him to try to open you up with Dives, high, low, etc. and punish him for the attempts. Easier said than done but it's one of those "really patient ST match ups." It's hard, but I like playing the match up.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,368
    Damn looking at tracking my copy has spent longer trying to get from England to England than from Japan to England.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • AzureXIIIAzureXIII Joined: Posts: 284
    What do you guys think the chances of this game getting a balance update in the future?
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    No one knows, not really in need of one right now either.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    If I recall correctly, French Bread said in an interview that they didn't want to update Under Night as frequently as they did with Melty Blood. I presume that they want each addition to have a considerable amount of time between updates to really let the meta-game develop properly.

So, I could picture small bug fixes here and there for things like Waldstein's infinite; but, I don't think major game balancing overhauls and character additions would be that frequent as compared to titles like Blazblue.

And I like that.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    melty blood was easier to update since it was PC mostly.
    UNIB will have a more difficult and expensive patching process
    too slow!
    edited August 2014
    Well after Re-Act, MB received many arcade only updates that we didn't get on PC. There's the original version regarded as Ver. A, then there's the PS2 version which is regarded as Ver.A2, then the update to the Arcade version known as Act Cadenza Ver.B. The only PC version we got was referred as MBAC Ver.B2 when the game was already late into its lifespan. Then with MBAA and MBAACC those games had a lot of updates. There was the original MBAA, then the PS2 Version; then with the next update that went to MBAACC, we had 1.0, 1.05, 1.07, then with the revisions on PC, 1.07 Rev 1.4.0. We only got the PC update late into the life cycle with 1.07.

If anything, there have been more updates with Arcade and PS2 than there ever have been for PC. So you can't really say because it "was a PC game" that it was easier to update. The game had more updates on Sega hardware with Naomi and RingWide.

At this point of UNIEL, I don't think the game even needs much balance changes or changes at all. Just fixes to the infinite and any other weird bugs. Thanks to Bellreisa guesting on SDR podcast, we were able to confirm that data miners found place holders for MiR and ErW, implying that Mika Returna and Erika Wagner would be the next additions in the game. Even with this console version of the game we have now, the game was largely untouched other than minor hitstun proration in combos so certain combos drop now compared to the previous arcade version and the addition of the new characters, which are balanced pretty well.

Looking it up, UNI in general has about 9 total released updates, 6 of which I consider actual major updates with the others being minor patch/bug fix/adding CPU characters. This happened within a 2 year span. The major system updates/fixes are pretty much in place now, so I can picture the game being updated more slowly from here on with major updates mainly being character additions. Even then, the game received plenty of updates on Sega's RingEdge2 hardware, so I don't think it's that difficult for French Bread to update the game on arcade hardware, in spite for the fact the game is played by a scene that is still pretty niche and small compared to other major arcade titles.
    Man got this game and its feeling pretty good so far.

Is it just me or is Carmine the lovechild of Jedah and Eddie?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,450
    How long will it take for the western release
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 294
    I believe Aksys is bringing it to NA circa 2015.
    I am the salt of the earth.
    Rage is my body and salt is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand excuses.
    Unknown to winning, nor known to humility,
    Have withstood bans to write many forum rants.
    Yet, those hands will never hold that L.

So as I play,
    UNLIMITED SALT WORKS
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,212
    Iduno wrote: »
    Man got this game and its feeling pretty good so far.

Is it just me or is Carmine the lovechild of Jedah and Eddie?
    reminds me of saiki from kof13 retarded bleeding brother, but i luv playing him

Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    True, I was thinking more gameplay wise than looks wise though.

Btw. How is everybody getting round Hilde's 236As?

I'm guessing there must be a universal way since she's allegedly low tier but the things come out so fast and have a big enough hitbox to catch jumps so I'm not entirely sure what I'm meant to be doing here.

Still trying characters out to pick a main but currently thinking either Merkava, Carmine or Linde at this point if that helps.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    Dash and block.
    Oh, didn't realise it was that simple lol, thanks.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited August 2014
    Oh, didn't realise it was that simple lol, thanks.
    Matters on the char if thats her full screen beam its fast as fuck and ya might get 2 feet. Linne is a good char against her ya can get threw alot of her shit because she a pixie char with dive kicks and d jumps.. carmine its hard as fuck if she keeps doing all her patterns and full screen keeps the full beam going over n over
    edited August 2014
    AzureXIII wrote: »
    What do you guys think the chances of this game getting a balance update in the future?
    Other then gourdo being brain dead easy and overpowered. They just need to bb makoto nerf him. Just leave everything the same but make him do way less damage. Fix the wald infinite and im not a seth player but have friends that are and increase his life back up. In sure there are more issues. But id hate to see a huge patch. A gordo damage decrease and wald infinte fix and id be happy.
  • AzureXIIIAzureXIII Joined: Posts: 284
    edited August 2014
    (Redacted.)
  • BlueXIIIBlueXIII Self-Improvement Club Joined: Posts: 96
    edited August 2014
    Akatsuki's bad, so why are so many of you playing him?

My dream of becoming NA's best Akatsuki is slipping even further through my fingers.
    BlueXIII wrote: »

My dream of becoming NA's best Akatsuki is slipping even further through my fingers.
    I barely missed getting into top 8 at Game Center purely using Akatsuki. I took out a Merkava and dominated Gordeau the first game before I barely lost and got eliminated from losers. During the same day after the tournament, I discovered/innovated tk fireball chain shift assault mix up. Now I have to try to find some mid-screen set ups to try to better pin down back ground tech but otherwise I'm still in a good position. Corner set ups are pretty good, 5B xx A Fireball traps are really strong especially against top tiers without meter. I was able to air Reflector Gordeau's Infinite Words the other day so I'm going to try to test air Reflector more now since I written it off initially as something that never works.

Basic shoto SFII game blows up a bunch of people, but you need to have good fundamentals and reaction DP, anti-air parry, and air throw. I actually have a better match up against Vatista as Akatsuki than running my Seth. I like Hyde in certain match ups for the better DP and mobility in conjunction with a projectile, but I like Akatsuki for the ability to chain shift on the immediate recovery of projectile.

I just wish they didn't nerf his combos from arcade to console by doing something to the universal hitstun proration change that seems to be present (needs to be verified for certainty.) I like his stand jab in regards to using like a cl.C option select to out empty hops just like in KOF.

You gotta step it up.
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 511
    Messed around a lot yesterday with a couple friends and discovered that Yuzuhira's j.A is active during the entire jump.

• HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782

Akatsuki has faults, but that doesn't necessarily means that he is bad or is impossible to win with.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,436
    Akatsuki is damn fun. Gordeau is my boy though. His normals alone made me pick him over Seth. Not too sure about Carmine. I want to settle on two characters. I need Gordeau's range.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Wondering with Merkava, is he actually meant to be played as a zoning character or should those long limbs be used to rush down.

Really not feeling him as a zoner right now since a lot of things seem to be stuffing his C moves at full range but not sure if I should stick with it or suck it up, break my fingers in and jump ship to Carmine or Vatista.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • BlueXIIIBlueXIII Self-Improvement Club Joined: Posts: 96
    Laban wrote: »
    Long post.

You don't need to show me your credentials, bro. I was just kidding. Or were you trying to give me tech? Or advice?

Or am I actually lying about jk'ing?
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Wondering with Merkava, is he actually meant to be played as a zoning character or should those long limbs be used to rush down.

Really not feeling him as a zoner right now since a lot of things seem to be stuffing his C moves at full range but not sure if I should stick with it or suck it up, break my fingers in and jump ship to Carmine or Vatista.

Merkava's kind of a footsie/anti-zoner because his 214A/B/C has no hurtbox on the arm. He's got solid up close but his pressure tends to rely on him pushing himself back out of of retaliation range as he's not really very safe. You don't want to be directly up on the enemy unless you're running your pressure, so you tend to play best at 1/2 to 3/4 screen where you can just constantly threaten with your C moves and 5B.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Hecatom wrote: »

Akatsuki has faults, but that doesn't necessarily means that he is bad or is impossible to win with.
    NO, he's bad, just straight up awful
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    Laban wrote: »
    Long post.

You don't need to show me your credentials, bro. I was just kidding. Or were you trying to give me tech? Or advice?

Or am I actually lying about jk'ing?

I dunno anymore. But as a fellow Akatsuki, I think ultimately I want to share tech. Gotta keep the Japanese Imperial dream alive. As a Filipino, that's very race traitor-ish. It's like an African American playing as a Confederate Soldier in a video game.
    Hecatom wrote: »

NO, he's bad, just straight up awful
    This is another case where I fully disagree with you.

• rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Really wish Yuzu had a reversal :(
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • LowTier_FrogLowTier_Frog Joined: Posts: 31
    As Hyde, how do I approach the Hyde/Yuzuriha MU?

Disclaimer: neither my opponent or I know how to play UNiB properly yet. I come from a SF background while my opponent comes from a MB/GG/SG background and thus is more familiar with this type of fighting game (air dasher?) than I am. I'm also not completely familiar with Hyde's moveset yet, nor do I know how or when to Chain Shift. I digress.

Hyde's 236A/B projectile feels relatively useless at fullscreen as Yuzu can just 66>j.236A me on reaction. What buttons am I supposed to use to zone Yuzu with? I feel like the only thing I can do is hold my ground, wait for Yuzu to close the gap, and either punish poor jumpins with 623B or block and wait for an opportunity to mash 2A.

Yuzu seems to have a poor wakeup game, so what should I use to apply pressure? Hyde's j.236A/B seems like a good option but I don't know how to use it outside of the corner. j.A seems good as well but I just don't know what other options I have.

How do I punish Yuzu's 421A/B/C? My opponent doesn't seem to know how to use it yet and often leaves himself poorly positioned, usually when trying j.421C. 2A doesn't reach far enough and 2B and 5B both don't start up quickly enough, unless if I'm doing something horribly wrong.

I guess for the time being I just need to practice more, wish I had more time.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    finally got this a day ago
    i love gordeau and eltnum gotta spend more time learning ranges though and how to pul GRD in my favor
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,702
    Messed around a lot yesterday with a couple friends and discovered that Yuzuhira's j.A is active during the entire jump.

ERUBOOOOO is good.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    edited August 2014
    Bloody hell, some people in Europe have over 600 games down already, I feel lucky if I get like 10 or so in a night.

PSN is Istillduno if anyone here is in Europe

Think I'll probably be sticking with Carmine, his spinning rims are awesome.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • GranmasGotGameGranmasGotGame Joined: Posts: 1
    Soooooooooooooo are there any Byakuya players out there? I've barely run into any.
    I'm a Calibur player who basically sux at anything besides Calibur. Go figure :p
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170
    Soooooooooooooo are there any Byakuya players out there? I've barely run into any.

I play Byakuya. If you wanna play or something, add me: l-kef-l (those are Ls).
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Kef wrote: »

I play Byakuya. If you wanna play or something, add me: l-kef-l (those are Ls).

Ya got another one right here. PSN: Soma-Atlasia
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    So do I need a JP PSN account if I don't want to import this? Is it possible to download it on a JP account and then play online on my main psn?