UW Thread revival (Casuals/Gatherings/Tourneys)

Comments

• marusmarus Joined: Posts: 220
    Room 334 in Odegaard. Just knock on the door and one of us will let you in.
    Currently maining that weird ass stupid bitch
  • RanagatanRanagatan Joined: Posts: 7
    Dang, I wish I wasn't out of state for the summer now! I hope you guys will continue this. I'm definitely interested in joining you guys and stepping up my game when Autumn quarter starts up. What kind of skill level should I expect from you guys? I'm not very good and don't want to be a nuisance :[
  • ZeroStar.hXZeroStar.hX Heart and Soul Joined: Posts: 133
    Room 334 in Odegaard. Just knock on the door and one of us will let you in.

Sounds good!
  • CbeaCbea Joined: Posts: 36
    Yo you guys having any other sessions besides the ones on Tuesdays? I'd be down for that except those are the same days I help run tourneys at Playsmart down in the tac. Let me know what's good
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    Is anyone playing Third Strike?
  • Incubus509Incubus509 Joined: Posts: 4
    ill be in for some 3s. help us out julius
    School's out right now, so we're not holding any sessions for a few weeks. Once Fall quarter starts then we'll start holding sessions again, although it probably won't be the same day and time.
    Cool I'm excited for it. I got in off the waitlist as a last minute acceptance and have been hungering for some Third Strike competition. I'm not good. There's a limit to how good you can get from beating up a dummy in practice mode. Or I could go into arcade mode and face against the computers and their incredible mind reading skills.
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 206
    Just wondering, are the events byoc?
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 512
    Pretty much. When I was going to meetings, I'd always bring my PS3 and sometimes my PS2, but I'm not always going to be able to attend this year. Bring your own stick though.
    Dawg Daze : Browse Events

Alright, Dawg Daze event. We'll have games!
    At my local game store we have Third Strike Thursdays. Let's get something like that going. To start things off... Hm... Mortal Kombat Mondays by default <_<
    Screw that. Marvel Mondays!
    What games are at the U District Pink Gorilla?
    They now have SUPER TURBO!!! In a candy cab no less.

Oh, and Marvel.
    Anyone planning on going to Pink Gorilla to play some Super Turbo sometime this week? I got a lot of time between classes.
  • A-DhalsimA-Dhalsim GrandMaster Fro Joined: Posts: 1,274
    wow excellent. Go Super Turbo!!!!
    -Dangerous Crew-

Mobbin the SF and Tekken scene like
    Gai Sensai: DYNAMIC ENTREE!!!!!
    *sparkle on da Fro* =D

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building"
    Super Turbo! I finish at 1:20 except on Tuesdays it's 2:20.
    If anything, I can bring my laptop if you don't mind playing emulated ST to console freeplay. fifty cents a game for ST is a little too expensive for me.
  • RAFARAFA Joined: Posts: 47
    any notice on when sessions are goin to start up again
    Kind of OT, but if anybody's into shmups and not going to AfroDojo, Pink Gorilla has Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, Pink Sweets, and Ibara Black Label for today only!

Also, console freeplay will hopefully be starting up at UW again soon.
    I have never heard of any of those games.
    That's because you don't hang around me enough!

BTW, I talked to the guy who works with the arcade machines at PG, and he said that he will consider dropping Super Turbo to 25 cents a game. I'll keep bugging him about it and see what happens.
    Good to know about the Super Turbo. I'll definitely consider going more often if they tone the price (and if people actually go to play :P)
  • DoughBoyDoughBoy MvC3 cameos PLZ Joined: Posts: 2,930
    Sooooo, PG has both ST with Jap sticks and MvC2 with American sticks? How's the condition of the controls and level of comp there? I'm thinking of dropping in on Saturday. Come see me for easy wins.
    Using their moles in the local public utilities office, Klansmen would locate vulnerable blacks during the winter based on which households hadn't paid their bills in over six months. - Robert Plummer
  • MikeySupremeMikeySupreme 2Dbasedgod Joined: Posts: 215
    UWT reporting in
    Level of comp seems a bit random though most people go during the evenings. Quality of the MVC2 parts are great; they were just replaced so they have new p360 sticks with new comvex happ buttons. Haven't played ST yet but it seems like it's all sanwa, though I can imagine it must get annoying since players are so close to eachother since the ST isn't h2h.
  • bobbyconoverbobbyconover Joined: Posts: 25
    Haven't played ST yet but it seems like it's all sanwa, though I can imagine it must get annoying since players are so close to eachother since the ST isn't h2h.

BTW, if the game does well and the cramped conditions are bugging people a lot I'll strongly consider trying to get some sort of head-to-head setup going. It's just hard to justify in such a small arcade since that's 2 games worth of space for one game, so it has to earn as well as at least 2 games do to justify the space. I have a line on some Versus City cabs that I could potentially pick up at some point if the fighting scene starts to take off a bit at PG, or at least I could probably rig two Astros together. Also, at the very least, I'll be pulling the fighting candy cabs out to the middle of the room so you guys aren't wedged right in between two shmups. It should help out a little.

I actually tried to put Alpha 3 in a cab the other night but hit a roadblock when I realized I don't have any mounting plates that would accommodate Sanwas in any of the spare Astro cabs. I need the S-type plates, I don't suppose any of you stick modders have any spare? Lizard Lick is sold out.
  • DoughBoyDoughBoy MvC3 cameos PLZ Joined: Posts: 2,930
    Heading down to the U-District for a little bit. Hopefully, I can find PG without issue. Perhaps there will be comp there.
    Using their moles in the local public utilities office, Klansmen would locate vulnerable blacks during the winter based on which households hadn't paid their bills in over six months. - Robert Plummer
  • Dmoney0228Dmoney0228 Joined: Posts: 23
    I started reading this thread and got pretty amp'd! I'm attending UW evening classes Tue/Thurs so I'm on campus all the time those days, and I've been really looking for more local SSFIV. Hope someone gets the Odegaard sessions started again soon, I'll check the thread again.
    Standing Short to STUN
    Impromptu session anyone? I'm going to be at UW tomorrow and can bring my PS2 (GGXX:AC, Melty Blood) + stick if people want. However, since I'm no longer actually a student, I can't reserve the room.

If there's anyone willing to rent the room for the afternoon, it'd be cool.
    I guess for those who haven't heard yet (probably not apart of the e-mail list),

Hey everybody,

We're going to have a meeting tomorrow (10/21) from 4-6 in Smith 102! (map linked below). I know it's short notice, but I hope that a number of you will be able to show. If there's anything that you guys want to play, bring it by!

Also, it'd be great if I could hear about what you all would like to play/if there's particular times that work for more of you, and we'll try and accommodate you. hope to see you tomorrow!

I wouldn't mind playing some marvel tomorrow if someone has an extra ps3 (since the other one will probably be used for Super)
    I MIGHT be willing to bring my 360 tomorrow, so if you wanted to play Marvel or whatever, you could play on that. If not, PG is available.
    I'm staying far far away from Obama day. It's going to be carnage.
    I MIGHT be willing to bring my 360 tomorrow, so if you wanted to play Marvel or whatever, you could play on that. If not, PG is available.
    Ah, you don't need to bring your 360 for marvel. After last time, I can understand why you wouldn't want to bring equipment :P. I'll bring my ps3 stick for some Super though
  • wontonsandsoupwontonsandsoup Joined: Posts: 10
    I'm pretty new to srk but I just saw this about there being a meeting tomorrow and would love to come.
    I'm also bringing my laptop so if people want to play some final burn games, we can play. (we should have plenty of usb sticks)
  • RAFARAFA Joined: Posts: 47
    Alright, so this thread has been a bit jumbled in terms of setting up sessions and such. Right now I know of 2-3 other people who are regular UW students (Ridge Racer, Brandex, marus?) If there any interest in setting up sessions or if there's any other students who play, reply!!!
  • ndmnndmn Joined: Posts: 12
    Alright, so this thread has been a bit jumbled in terms of setting up sessions and such. Right now I know of 2-3 other people who are regular UW students (Ridge Racer, Brandex, marus?) If there any interest in setting up sessions or if there's any other students who play, reply!!!
    I'm a UW student, and also basically brand new to the fighting game scene. I'd be down for any sort of session on-campus or nearby.
    I'm in second floor of Odegaard wearing a Digimom hat. Come thumb wrestle me.