UW Thread revival (Casuals/Gatherings/Tourneys)

Comments

• marusmarus Joined: Posts: 220
    Well, on every Friday Console Freeplay is going to be holding meetings on campus. The club is more casual oriented, but there's a few SRKers and other people that show up to play a variety of fighters.

Other than that, I'm interested in showing up for other sessions when I have free time.
    Currently maining that weird ass stupid bitch
  • watchutinkwatchutink Joined: Posts: 33
    Hey guys i go to SU (Seattle U) I mostly play Blazblue semi competitively, but am just starting SSF4. Looking forward to playing a few games with you guys if meets are happening.
  • wontonsandsoupwontonsandsoup Joined: Posts: 10
    Alright, so this thread has been a bit jumbled in terms of setting up sessions and such. Right now I know of 2-3 other people who are regular UW students (Ridge Racer, Brandex, marus?) If there any interest in setting up sessions or if there's any other students who play, reply!!!

I go to uw and would be interested in showing up if there are going to be sessions happening.
  • RAFARAFA Joined: Posts: 47
    Ok, sounds like we got a couple heads, what's a good time for you guys?
  • ndmnndmn Joined: Posts: 12
    I'll show up for whatever if it's in the late afternoon/evening. I have an SOV permit this quarter so if extras are needed I can bring my 360 or whatever. I can stash it in the car during classes [for it to get stolen] until game-time. :confused:

edit: I also need to start hitting up Pink Gorilla since it's so close.
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    I only play Third Strike and other PS2 games. I can bring a PS2.
    Console Freeplay is having a meeting tomorrow (Thursday) in Sieg 225 from 4 to 6. I'll have my 360 to use for SSFIV or whatever.
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 206
    Anyone willing to bring a ps3 for SSF4?
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
  • wontonsandsoupwontonsandsoup Joined: Posts: 10
    If there is a ps3 tomorrow, i have a friend that can bring a stick and a copy of the game if needed, but not the console itself.
    Alright, lets all try to meet up at console freeplay tomorrow and see what we can come up for future sessions
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    The outlets in the room by By George are usually free. We can have one outlet for a PS2 and another for a TV.
    Sort of off-topic, but does anyone play beatmania iidx? I'm thinking about bringing my controllers to meetings since there are no iidx machines in all of Washington (or not that I know of) and I have no clue if people even know what beatmania is.
  • ndmnndmn Joined: Posts: 12
    I would definitely play IIDX if you brought it -- if there's time between fighting game matches that is. :)
    I would definitely play IIDX if you brought it -- if there's time between fighting game matches that is. :)
    I can bring my iidx controller, but I the only beatmania i own on my ps2 I can't bring since I don't own the thing. I do have Lunatic Rave and sirius hdd, though it lags horribly.
  • inkykeyinkykey Joined: Posts: 6
    Alright, so this thread has been a bit jumbled in terms of setting up sessions and such. Right now I know of 2-3 other people who are regular UW students (Ridge Racer, Brandex, marus?) If there any interest in setting up sessions or if there's any other students who play, reply!!!

So I am relatively new to the game- and fighting games in general for that matter- but I am a full time student at UW and I go to the local Dojos quite frequently.. Is this the sort of thing that is casual enough I could come and just get some tips or practice playing some different characters?? I don't have my own stick either... Is that a problem?
    So I am relatively new to the game- and fighting games in general for that matter- but I am a full time student at UW and I go to the local Dojos quite frequently.. Is this the sort of thing that is casual enough I could come and just get some tips or practice playing some different characters?? I don't have my own stick either... Is that a problem?
    Definitely not a problem. A lot of people bring their sticks so you don't have to worry. As far as going there to play some casual, it's definitely casual friendly. There's a meeting tomorrow at Seig 225 from 4-6. Variety of games are brought so it's definitely fun.
    You guys ever have a SSFIV setup? (I play Juri so I'm kinda out of luck for Third Strike and all the other earlier versions)..

Also, I really enjoyed the movie this Thursday. Sadly that was my first encounter with Layton. His reputation certainly preceded him though ; )
  • LeonVLeonV Joined: Posts: 53
    Hey, I live close to UW, sorta. I was wondering if you guys play casuals often... If so, may I join you guys? :D, the thing is I only have a ps3, so I can bring a stick for ps3
    Hey, I live close to UW, sorta. I was wondering if you guys play casuals often... If so, may I join you guys? :D, the thing is I only have a ps3, so I can bring a stick for ps3
    We have weekly meetings in Seig 225 on Thursday from 4-6 pm. We'd all love to play SSF4 but there aren't consistent setups. If you are willing to bring your ps3, that'd be great, otherwise you can bring your stick.
    Also sorry for the double post but I was wondering what Ian's domain is. I've been getting emails but i have no clue what it is.
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 512
    Ian's Domain is a convenience store located in the basement of the McCarty dorm. It has a bunch of PCs pre loaded with a bunch of Steam games too.
  • LeonVLeonV Joined: Posts: 53
    Aww, I thought it would probably be at night or something, if it's during the day I dunno, and I'm not really opting to bring a console, just ps3
    Samuelio wrote:
    We have weekly meetings in Seig 225 on Thursday from 4-6 pm. We'd all love to play SSF4 but there aren't consistent setups. If you are willing to bring your ps3, that'd be great, otherwise you can bring your stick.

Yeah sorry, I usually try to show up with my 360 and Super, but the cold had me on lockdown last week. I'll probably show up next time with everything, but it would definitely help if someone else could bring a setup too, just incase (though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to).
    Yeah sorry, I usually try to show up with my 360 and Super, but the cold had me on lockdown last week. I'll probably show up next time with everything, but it would definitely help if someone else could bring a setup too, just incase (though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to).
    I'd definitely bring a ps3 if I actually owned one. PS3 is my brother's so I can't really take it out :/
  • j_vongj_vong JayjesReflecting Joined: Posts: 5
    If you guys want to start meeting up at Ian's for any game it's usually not too busy. I sat around in there playing Skate3 and L4D for a few hours. The 360 is usually free. Once I get my stick I might start using their set up to practice.

I also used to play IIDX in Ian's but I just sold my controller :c Sam, you got your Dj Dao controller yet?
  • Incubus509Incubus509 Joined: Posts: 4
    is there 3s action going on?
    If you guys want to start meeting up at Ian's for any game it's usually not too busy. I sat around in there playing Skate3 and L4D for a few hours. The 360 is usually free. Once I get my stick I might start using their set up to practice.

I also used to play IIDX in Ian's but I just sold my controller :c Sam, you got your Dj Dao controller yet?
    Yeah, just got it on Friday. It feels great, just gotta figure out a setup for it.
  • j_vongj_vong JayjesReflecting Joined: Posts: 5
    That's so sick! At least you got the real games on PS2 so we don't have to screw around with the PC too much.

What's wrong with the set up?
    That's so sick! At least you got the real games on PS2 so we don't have to screw around with the PC too much.

What's wrong with the set up?
    ps2 isn't mine so i gotta get permission to bring it. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if worst comes to worst we can jsut play HDDs.
    Anyone interested in having a SSF4 tournament anytime soon? I was thinking it could be a charitable event so we can get the word of the club around, plus who doesn't love charity?
    I would be down with a tournament
  • SarsboySarsboy Joined: Posts: 13
    I'm a student at SU, so a short busride away from U District. Definitely down for casuals and I could bring a disc/360/stick if need be.
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    Tournament, do it. Been a minute.
    in training...
    We still meeting in Sieg tomorrow?
    No meeting today, since the school's closed and all.
    We gonna have meeting this week since football game is gonna cause a rape in traffic?
  • Danny PhamDanny Pham Joined: Posts: 36
    whoa didnt know uw had events. i shall be attending whatever you guys can dish out!
    whoa didnt know uw had events. i shall be attending whatever you guys can dish out!
    Yeah, definitely come by. It's casual and usually other games other than SSF4 are played. They're every Thursday from 4-6 pm
    We're still having a meeting this week, as far as I know.
    Ok, sounds good. I'll probably bring my laptop if anyone wants to play ST/3S. Still don't know about the beatmania since the controller is heavy as crap.