UW Thread revival (Casuals/Gatherings/Tourneys)

Comments

• SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 206
    Ok, sounds good. I'll probably bring my laptop if anyone wants to play ST/3S. Still don't know about the beatmania since the controller is heavy as crap.
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
  • Incubus509Incubus509 Joined: Posts: 4
    where u guys meeting?
  • ndmnndmn Joined: Posts: 12
    Yo Marus, are you bringing your 360 to this one? I assume there is always a demand for Super, so if you're not, I will bring mine but then probably not my stick. I also echo the question about meeting place.
  • marusmarus Joined: Posts: 220
    Yeah, I'll have my 360 w/ Super and my stick, along with all of my other games.

We'll be meeting in Sieg 225 again, from 4-6. Here's a map if you don't know where that is. I think we'll be meeting there pretty much every time for the rest of this quarter at least.
    Currently maining that weird ass stupid bitch
  • Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,640
    Who's in charge of running tournaments so I can tell them directly to stop pussy footin around running one and get things moving :coffee:
    "You're just the baby school!"
    We're doing a tournament?
  • HeavyD853HeavyD853 Joined: Posts: 1,527
    Who's in charge of running tournaments so I can tell them directly to stop pussy footin around running one and get things moving :coffee:

Random

I will try and show up this thursday, will be bringing my dual modded stick if i show up.
    Clark Kent!?
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 512
    I really want to show up tomorrow, but traffic is going to be godawful if I go and try and come back.
  • ndmnndmn Joined: Posts: 12
    Yeah, tomorrow is going to be a nightmare. I'm just going to stay on/near campus after my 11:30 class, haha.
  • nightodysseynightodyssey Joined: Posts: 9
    Man i didn't realize sessions were back up. I need to get back into it, but doing it tomorrow ain't happenin for me sorry. I can't miss this football game...but I do need to practice way more. Hope to see some of you guys soon.
  • BokkinBokkin Have gun Will shoot Joined: Posts: 2,135
    why is riki so adament about a tournament he'll get 2nd at at best? And that's if either me or dugg DON'T show up.

hey UW peeps it'll be a few quarters but I think I might live on campus or near it for my first year there so heads up on me being there for good practice in the future.
    "I'm a titty fucking kind of guy"
    -MikeHasCookies 2011
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    Third Strike? Anyone play? I commute so I haven't gone to a gathering.
  • watchutinkwatchutink Joined: Posts: 33
    I'm a student at SU, so a short busride away from U District. Definitely down for casuals and I could bring a disc/360/stick if need be.

whoaaa didn't know SU had any FG players lol. I go to SU also
  • OGsloaneOGsloane Joined: Posts: 1
    Where does this group meet at? I'd be down. This is my second year here, but I haven't heard of you guys yet.
    ?????????????????????????????????
    Thursday, Seig 226 4-6 pm.
  • gambit_808gambit_808 Brunettes mo' betta Joined: Posts: 68
    live in a condo in downtown seattle with a big ass 1080 in a community room so maybe we could run a tourney there.

i havent played in a minute since getting married, but im down for whatever. just copped a te2, and ive got other sticks if people need em
    sf4-viper
    hd-deejay
    3s-necro
    cvsnk2-sakura, eagle, sagat
    mvc2-amingo, cable, cyclops
  • ZeroStar.hXZeroStar.hX Heart and Soul Joined: Posts: 133
    Thursday, Seig 226 4-6 pm.

Got a reminder set in my phone. I'll be seein you all there.

Bringing my 360 Stick.
    I plan on showing up as well with a 360 stick. will there be a 360 set up or will one need to be brought? on another note, i just recently started playing (like 1.5weeks ago x.x) so please excuse my free-ness haha.
    I plan on showing up as well with a 360 stick. will there be a 360 set up or will one need to be brought? on another note, i just recently started playing (like 1.5weeks ago x.x) so please excuse my free-ness haha.

Best way to get better is to play with people and ask questions! :) I'd be happy to sit and play some friendly sets with you man. I'll be the dude in the glasses and big poofy parka coat.
    I'll be bringing a 360 setup, though again if anyone wants to bring another setup you're more than welcome to. And yeah, the whole thing is pretty casual so just relax and enjoy yourself. It's not just fighting games either, although they usually end up being the main draw of players.
    Sounds good Marus.
    Sounds good Marus.
    Best way to get better is to play with people and ask questions! :) I'd be happy to sit and play some friendly sets with you man. I'll be the dude in the glasses and big poofy parka coat.

hey thanks man! good to know the ssf4 scene is also pretty welcoming to newcomers

hey thanks man! good to know the ssf4 scene is also pretty welcoming to newcomers
  • Hyper InfernoHyper Inferno Joined: Posts: 512
    I'll be bringing a 360 setup, though again if anyone wants to bring another setup you're more than welcome to. And yeah, the whole thing is pretty casual so just relax and enjoy yourself. It's not just fighting games either, although they usually end up being the main draw of players.

I blame the advertisement (or lack there of). <_<
    Meh, it's not my club.
    I was asleep for this weeks. Woops

Next week I will try to see if eddie will come with me so we can get some random tekken going.
    Clark Kent!?
    It sucked cause I was at work till like 5 and still needed to bus down to the UW... had my stick and everything.
    Still meeting this week or are finals gonna rape everything in its path?
    There's still a meeting; whether or not people show up is another thing though. I have two papers due on Friday, so I might be staying home this week to finish them.
    Just FYI, I'll be showing up tomorrow (today), but I won't be bringing a setup.
    Assuming I'm still awake by then, I will probably bring a ps3 with marvel hdr tekken 5 and a copy of tekken 6 with me. I dont have superIV for that console though.
    Clark Kent!?
    I have a copy of super that I can bring.
    How much ps3 sticks do you have? I can bring 1, but I have an extra one if need be.
    I have like 4 ps3 sticks, but I will only be bringing 1
    Clark Kent!?
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    I play Supercade in Odegaard heh.
  • Super JoeSuper Joe dance2thafuckingbeat Joined: Posts: 1,001
    I still need to attend one of these gatherings.
    "Terrance, dude I know you so I know your serious and shit about Street Fighter and I know your doing all your shit for the right reasons but its hard as fuck to read your posts dude." Famous Nate
  • slimcognitoslimcognito Joined: Posts: 16
    Are these meetings still going on? I'd definitely be up for playing more people.

I've got Vanilla on PC, a 24" HDMI monitor (pretty sure it's lagless), and a dual-modded ghetto stick.
    No CF meeting this week, they should be starting up sometime next week.
    Paul just wondering, is there anything at PG where the arcade used to be? I haven't been down U-District since I started work