UW Thread revival (Casuals/Gatherings/Tourneys)

Comments

• AkelaAkela Full Blast or Crash! Joined: Posts: 28
    depending what the set-up is i can probly come thru
    arcade not so much
  • Igi AriIgi Ari I Heart Third Strike Joined: Posts: 29
    I think there are suppose to be tables for card games.
  • marusmarus Joined: Posts: 220
    Yeah, we got some card game tables set up. We just started doing Pokemon League's on Thursdays and we're working on setting up Friday Night Magic. There's still plenty of room left, and the manager's working out what to fill it with. We're trying to get some kind of arcade set up again if we can get hold of any machines, although it likely wouldn't be as diverse as before unless we somehow strike jackpot. But yeah, it's still all up in the air right now as to what exactly we're going to do. Speaking of which, if any of you have any good ideas about what to use the space for, I'm all ears.
    Currently maining that weird ass stupid bitch
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 206
    Holding tournaments there would be great, but I'm guessing that's gonna involve a venue fee.
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
    We'll be meeting this Thursday in Denny 205 from 4:00 to 6:00pm. I'll have my 360 with me.
  • slimcognitoslimcognito Joined: Posts: 16
    I haven't been able to get to CF lately...is it still in Denny?

Also, one of my friends tossed this my way: Login | Facebook Hopefully we'll be able to get more than 3 people there!
    It's still in Denny, but the room is now 302. Same time, 4-6pm.

Also, I wasn't going to say anything about PG Marvel since everything's not set in stone yet, but since you brought it up - we're planning on having a Marvel 3 launch party on the 15th! We just got some new TVs, so we'll have setups running throughout the day, and later in the evening we're planning on having a tournament for a copy of the game! And hopefully we'll be having more fighting game related events in the future, so keep an eye out for that!
  • TonezBTonezB Joined: Posts: 3
    Yo are you guys going to be playing Marvel 3 at Console Freeplay tomorrow? If so I'm going to try and show up. Still in Denny 302?
    Sorry, there's not actually a CF meeting this week. We'll likely be playing next week though!
  • TonezBTonezB Joined: Posts: 3
    Ah damn, too bad. I'll try to make it next week then!
    anyone been playing mvc 3? work's been keeping me on lockdown so i haven't been able to have a social life (/irony) and get out.
    I'm trying to play, but don't know who to use. MODOK's so cute, but he doesn't seem all that good...
  • watchutinkwatchutink Joined: Posts: 33
    I'm messing around with mvc3 also. the game is hella hectic. i have no idea whats going on sometimes and find myself mashing =[ =[
    X-factors make me want to rip my hands out. X-Factor Sentinel? wtf?
  • watchutinkwatchutink Joined: Posts: 33
    ^ lol 3 hits and most of the cast is dead is freaking dumb but awesome (assuming you're the one using him lol). i think the worst part is the accidental assist/tags where Sent HSF's and it kills both like nothing
    Anyone bringing marvel 3 this thursday? I'm going to try and make it this time around.
    otherwise, laptop ST anyone? :wonder:
    I have it on my 360, so I'm sure we'll play some tomorrow.
    Sweet, thanksPaul. I'ma try make it out, see if i can get my boss to let me off early. BTW have you been going toefu dojo lately?
    Since no one seems to post in this thread (/wrists) is it going to be Marvel 3 again today?
  • nightodysseynightodyssey Joined: Posts: 9
    I bring my ps3 every time now, so there will always be mvc3, ssfiv, mvc2, and hdr. Mostly i suspect it will be MvC3. Solid sesh today even though it was me Paul and JJ. On behalf of Paul owning my face in super more often than not, I'm proud to say I reign supreme over Paul so far. Suck it, and you use sentinel!
    lol just give it time. The natural order will restore itself.

Man, I don't even want to play super anymore. Shit just feels gross.
  • E.BroE.Bro Pax Bisonica lives Joined: Posts: 3
    Console freeplay huh? Sounds intriguing. So Thursdays in Denny 302 from 4-6pm. Is this a weekly or biweekly deal?
    Work, once again, keeping me on lockdown. Either way, glad to hear that people are showing up. How many arcade sticks do you have for ps3? I have a couple I could bring if you guys need some.

And to the guy above, it is weekly unless noted.
    Yeah, we meet every Thursday in Denny 302, from 4 to 6pm. Next week will be the last meeting for this quarter though.
    Hey, I've recently been playing a lot of MVC 2 again, anyone have the game available? :tup: If not, I'm definitely goign to be making it this time around, be bringing my PS3 stick.
    Pretty sure I can make it, too...is MVC3 the main game? I'm thinking it's been out long enough that I'll have no chance whatsoever.
  • HeavyD853HeavyD853 Joined: Posts: 1,527
    Is there going to be one during finals next week? I can't make this one since I'll be asleep/writing a paper after a test tomorrow, but i should be done with the quarter before next thursday so I could make the next one.
    Clark Kent!?
    No word if there's a meet this week? I went last week but then i realized no one was there. Shout outs to the banana that someone left in Denny 302
    There's no meeting this week, or during spring break. Sorry about last week - I had work, and I guess the other officers got tied up.
    No problem about last week. So meetings starting next quarter?
    Is this still up for this quarter? I can bring a PS3 if needed (I've got SSFIV, SC4, and the MK demo...still working on getting a copy of MVC3), and I'll definitely have my stick with me.
    For those of you who aren't on the e-mail list:

"Hey guys,

So I've gotten Denny 216 for this Friday at 4:30. Let me know if this works out for you all and we'll decide if this is when we want to keep meetings in the future. Hope to see you all there!"

If you can bring a PS3, I can bring a stick and MVC 3 for ps3
    Cool, I'll be there and bring a stick. I also have marvel 3 for both consoles if we'll need it.
    Clark Kent!?
    Aww man, no good for me...I got class until 6 on Fridays. Any clue how long it'll run for? I might be able to peek my head in for a little bit if it's going past then.
    ggs guys, see you next week probably!
    Clark Kent!?
    Ggs guys. just wondering, anyone going to toefu dojo tonight? I might go but i need a partner for 2v2
    Unless there's an e-mail from the club stating otherwise, meetings should be Denny 216 for Friday at 4:30. I'll keep the thread posted with e-mail updates for those who don't get the e-mails.
    :( I probably won't be making it to any meetings any time soon. How long will you guys be going for? I'm in MGH until 5:50 every Friday.
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    Gameclucks on Saturday Marvel 3 and Super! Where's that UW crew at?
    in training...