• Mo0NsMo0Ns Just like Cap but better. Joined: Posts: 443
    crickets.

MoONs
    UMvC3: Nova, Taskmaster, Amaterasu / Shuma, Spencer, Doom
    SSF4AE: Cody
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • KailKail Joined: Posts: 2,447
    Gentlemen bump by saying "crickets".

I was just informed I have work this day. Maybe I can get out early.

Edit. Starts at 6. I'll be there as long as she hulk allows it. :3
  • GainGain nakaka bagut Joined: Posts: 506
    We're thinking of holding the next BP torn on or around may 14th. No signings so we can start earlier. Also, come down for casuals. You can come and set up anytime during store hours.

Also, BP wants to hold some retro tourns/casuals soon. Vampire savior, super turbo, even xmen v sf mms and what not. I believe user lobster harmonica will be setting those up! Should be fun.

I'm down for some ssfiv casuals this week.
    doki doki uppercut...
  • Lobster HarmonicaLobster Harmonica Joined: Posts: 5
    Blu Planet Retro Gaming

Yeah, been talking to the owner of Blu Planet Entertainment in Amityville, and starting in May we're hoping to do some retro game events and casual plays. May 7th (which is also Free Comic Day), we're gonna do some classic arcade free play (The Simpsons, TMNT, X-Men), and May 21st, we're having our first casual tournament (X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Puzzle Fighter).
  • bglaugherbglaugher Joined: Posts: 696
    We're thinking of holding the next BP torn on or around may 14th. No signings so we can start earlier. Also, come down for casuals. You can come and set up anytime during store hours.

Also, BP wants to hold some retro tourns/casuals soon. Vampire savior, super turbo, even xmen v sf mms and what not. I believe user lobster harmonica will be setting those up! Should be fun.

I'm down for some ssfiv casuals this week.

Bisonopolis is running a tourney the 14th in smithtown.
    Ah, noted. thanks for the heads up!
    doki doki uppercut...
    I'm in there on X-Men Vs. Street Fighter!!!!!

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    Anyone needing a roommate for EVO PM me, and yes I say TIGER! instead of snoring...got to zone out sleepiness at EVO.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    I wish I could afford going to evo
  • DominickDominick Joined: Posts: 485
    I hope you guys are going to make it out tonight. im bringing my ps2, stick, and third strike. i'll try to bring cvs2 if i can find it. so if anyone else has a ps2 stick or a ps2 controller, bring it.
    Hey just saying. I hate you moons. No more scoops. No more Rufus....
  • JohnyCageWinsJohnyCageWins Joined: Posts: 15
    Will be at the W islip tournament to beat down all comers at MK9!
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    PM me if u want an evo roommate.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    dual modded qanba stick:

Google Image Result for http://gaminggear.com.au/images/detailed/0/2011318183121612.jpg
    Google Image Result for http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/product_images/x/017/Qanba-Q4-RAF-img00__90156_zoom.jpg

VGNY is getting them may 17th. im heading out there next tuesday if anyones down.

QANBA 4 Qanba 4 [] - $149.99 : VideoGamesNewYork, Japanese and Retro Video Game Boutique

only thing i dont care for is the start button on the top but you can probably lock it with a switch like the TE.
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    Thanks a lot Dom. It's dave/goliath, the kid who was at the crack session last night in a flamboyantly gay blue hoodie :smokin: . GGs to everyone I played: Moons, Haitian Sensation, Dom, and that Adon player "Fidel Cashflow" ?? Oh and that dude who bodied me in 3s. Good shit guys. I hope to come around again sometime. I'm sure I'll see you guys around Next Level sometime this summer.

BTW, are the tuesday night crack sessions weekly, biweekly, monthly or what? I need more crack sessions!
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
    Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll be there tonight making that purple rain. :3.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • cjaycrcjaycr Joined: Posts: 1,002
    Where do these sessions go down? I live in Port Jeff Station and am coming back from school next Wednesday so I'll be able to start putting time in to MvC3 and SF4. Would love to play some live competition.
    Invisibility Frames.
  • MattFMattF Joined: Posts: 38
    Anyone have a copy of MK9 for PS3 for sale?
    For any of you who aren't aware of the FNC Shop sessions and it's location. They are held Tuesdays and Thursday nights from 8:30pm (Usually earlier) to 12(Usually Later)

You should join the FB group if you can. Alot of the strong island guys post there now since it's much more convenient.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • HejinHejin Hyper Combo Finish! Joined: Posts: 66
    Hey! I currently living in North Bellmore, and I'm just wondering who's around the area and plays SFIV or MvC or MK9 or anything else really. If there are people playing currently somewhere in the local area, great. If not, then I'd like to organize some people together for some casual playing and informal tournaments or whatnot.

So yeah, hopefully I'm not the only one in this boring neighborhood looking for some people to play. :)
    SFV: R. Mika

USFIV: Juri/Poison

3S: Alex
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    for those of your attending DUST BOWL 7/2
    i would like for you guys to PRE REG to make it alittle easier .. i will try my hardest to make sure that players wont play the people they came with
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    South Shore Monthly Showdown Amityville/Massapequa NY 5/28/2011 Blu Planet

Apologies for the late notice! We will be trying to run these monthly though. Hope to see you all there!
    doki doki uppercut...
    Yo Jonathan. Brad's planned a tournament on the same date at Tenba games for a while now. I think it's best you reschedule it for the week after or the day after. I'm definitely down if it's a bit later but I already stated my allegiance to the Tenba tourney. Alot of LI heads have already planned to go there. Monthlies is definitely still a good idea.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    oi... i had a feeling that would happen. Thanks for the heads up! I will talk to Joe at BP and see if I can push it back. i'll be back later today to update the info.
    doki doki uppercut...
    Update on the Q4. video games new york wont have them till next monday.
    Hey, just a bit unsure, you guys talking about the 21st or the 28th?
    Yo, not sure what else might be going on this weekend, but just another heads up that over at Blu Planet Entertaiment this Saturday (May 21st), we're having our first of many retro gaming events. X-men vs. Street Fighter is the main event, but we're also running Puzzle Fighter on the side. Free play starts around 4:00PM, and the actual tournament starts around 5:00PM.
  • BisonopolisBisonopolis It was Tuesday! Joined: Posts: 1,180
    THIS IS SHADALOO. WE SELL DRUGS! - IFC Yipes
    AV by savaii64
    SSF4 - M.Bison , Vega.
  • IngageIbukiIngageIbuki Team Arena Joined: Posts: 72
    Rawr stopping in cus i haven't since I signed up for this on FB.
    Rep'n Strong Island.
    Heyyyy everyone. Casuals at blu planet this Sunday. Anyone down?
    doki doki uppercut...
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,705
    For what game and where?
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
    actually, it will be sunday,,. the store currently has mvc3 and mk9 posted. hopefully we'll be able to get an AE set up so ya'll can continue your yun training/match up. :D we'll try to get as many set ups as we can.

Blu planet
    45 Merrick Rd.
    Amityville, NY 11701
    doki doki uppercut...
  • SquaredSquared Joined: Posts: 253
    Would anyone be interested in playing some gg? btw, whens the next session?
    Guilty gear 4ever
    squared- there's a tournament today at Tenba games. you should checkitout. as for gg, not sure who on the island has been playing it, sorry. :(
    doki doki uppercut...
    squared- there's a tournament today at Tenba games. you should checkitout. as for gg, not sure who on the island has been playing it, sorry. :(
    Guess I missed that, I was already gone by then so ya...and I sadly will most likely not be able to make it to blu-planet today.
    Anyway, would anyone be interested in playing cvs2 or 3s maybe as a side event some time or another?(I have a ps2, 2 sticks, and both games)
    -
    O.k, so there's a comic shop in Valley stream, maybe you've heard of it; "mark's comics and collectibles." I know the owner and he was planning on getting set-ups in the shop for any random game tourneys(hopefully soon), so I told em I'd see what people wanna play. So does SFIVAE and MVC3 sound solid? Of course this is open to suggestion but I'm assuming everyone on LI plays at least 1 of the 2. I just wanna get an idea of how many people would show. Oh and if you happen stop by and inquire about wanting to play in a SF or w/e tourney, he'd probably get it done quicker. It's also a great store for non-video gaming needs.
    Guilty gear 4ever
  • IngageIbukiIngageIbuki Team Arena Joined: Posts: 72
    Baaah mofuckers!
    Rep'n Strong Island.
  • Lose-ControlLose-Control I mash Burning Kicks. Joined: Posts: 449
    GGs to everyone I played yesterday. The money match we had was mad fun even though we ended up losing. It was good to see all of ya again, it was a fun time ggs all around.
    Hit me up anytime for some games.

XBL Tag: Lose Contro1
  • Nemesis00Nemesis00 HAPPY MORNINGS! Joined: Posts: 1,112
    Tuesday night at FNC SHOP! The debut broadcast of Deadly Bison Entertainment! Be there or be square!
    I know the secret to Ricky Ortiz's power. After he beats you he steals your soul and keeps it in his change purse.

#1 Hulk slayer on SRK
  • ChapterBChapterB Joined: Posts: 86
    O.k, so there's a comic shop in Valley stream, maybe you've heard of it; "mark's comics and collectibles." I know the owner and he was planning on getting set-ups in the shop for any random game tourneys(hopefully soon), so I told em I'd see what people wanna play. So does SFIVAE and MVC3 sound solid? Of course this is open to suggestion but I'm assuming everyone on LI plays at least 1 of the 2. I just wanna get an idea of how many people would show. Oh and if you happen stop by and inquire about wanting to play in a SF or w/e tourney, he'd probably get it done quicker. It's also a great store for non-video gaming needs.
    That shop isn't far from me! I'd be down to go, although I'm a total novice at SFIV.
    That shop isn't far from me! I'd be down to go, although I'm a total novice at SFIV.

It's a great for learning. Also pretty sure most if not all people will be down to help with anything you need to know. A good thing is you guys have a good variety of char so it will help you learn you match ups as well
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    mark's comics is like down the block from me, is he actually gunna start stuff? when?
    gt: Jailhouse
    also, whats the valley stream/five towns scene like anyway? anyone play casuals? i just graduated college so i need to look for a new casuals group and such
    mark's comics is like down the block from me, is he actually gunna start stuff? when?
    Well like I said, if you inquire about it, it would get done sooner. I'll talk to him when I get a chance and see whats going on with it.
    Guilty gear 4ever
  • OldBlaineOldBlaine Joined: Posts: 74
    this open to all NYC fighters. SOS Gamers is trying to help the community tomorrow with this event. Live DJ, alcohol, and food(not free but decent prices).
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-charity-tournament-dream-match-ny-ny.142173/
    hope to see you guys there.
  • oShiineooShiineo Death by a thousand cuts Joined: Posts: 113
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-21-2011-the-emperial-coliseum-ii-mvc3-ssf4-ae-and-mk9-franklin-square-ny.143176/

Tomorrow (technically today the time im posting this) August 21 2011 EMP Hosts bi weekly's at this PNT location in franklin square. Normally people like sanford and a few other emp members normally make it out to these. If you cant make this one, try to make the others. Its definitely to play against some heavy hitters of NY and EC in general. Come to play and see how you stack up to killers like sanford at the very least.
    GT- FNEX ShiiNe
  • vanivani Joined: Posts: 421
    I should have my car down at school this year so see you guys on tues or thurs next week. I'm alrdy in the facebook group so ill check that for more info.

But if anyone else from SBU is looking at this and wants to goto sessions pm me.

Will see if someone remembers me from the old sessions. See some familiar faces in the videos and on streams every once in awhile.
    Well like I said, if you inquire about it, it would get done sooner. I'll talk to him when I get a chance and see whats going on with it.

any updates on this?