The Strong Island Post

Comments

• haitian_sensationhaitian_sensation Laura's side nigga Joined: Posts: 298
    Head count so far is only 4. I don't know who else wants to go but I'll keep looking.
    "Power is the ability to define a phenomenon and make it act in a desired manner." - Huey P. Newton
  • KailKail Joined: Posts: 2,447
    Head count so far is only 4. I don't know who else wants to go but I'll keep looking.

You know I'm down. 100%
    Make it a 5 head count
    "Power is the ability to define a phenomenon and make it act in a desired manner." - Huey P. Newton
    Make it a 5 head count

How you niggas doing with mvc3?
  • Mo0NsMo0Ns Just like Cap but better. Joined: Posts: 443
    Head count for what?

MoONs
    UMvC3: Nova, Taskmaster, Amaterasu / Shuma, Spencer, Doom
    SSF4AE: Cody
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    Winter Brawl guy? I'm not going to play MvC3 but I'm pretty sure evreyone else is.

Does anyone else have a drivable van? Just in case mine decides to break down or something before Winter Brawl, I want to have a back up car.
    Oh yeah, I'm definitely going. And I'm definitely playing Marvel.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    I have yet to play mvc3. Still playing mvc3. Don't care. Lol.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Is there a session later today?
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • DominickDominick Joined: Posts: 485
    stand up long island where you at?
  • vanivani Joined: Posts: 421
    on the side of the island you guys should be playing at ya.......................
    Most sessions are on the east coast. I dont think theres many nassau sessions. I would but I have no place to host really...
  • vanivani Joined: Posts: 421
    huh? it was all nassau when I looked last semester. unless you changed over winter break.
    huh? it was all nassau when I looked last semester. unless you changed over winter break.

I'm new to the scene. Sorry. No answers for you.
    don't let kail fool you. he's a seasoned veteran on the scene with skills in banking to match. wachovia forever.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • DominickDominick Joined: Posts: 485
    well, after playing marvel 3 for a day, i give my review....

i hate it. this is basically what happened to the street fighter franchise when 4 came out only marvel made a worse transition.

i won't be participating in this game anymore, sorry guys.
    don't let kail fool you. he's a seasoned veteran on the scene with skills in banking to match. wachovia forever.

Lol. The felicias out of the bag. You got me.
    Break down of the Winter Brawl trip fee. The venue fee is 25 beens and the tourney's are 10 each. I will charge 20 a head for gas. If all of the gas money isn't used, It will be divided amongst everyone that chipped in. Make sure you bring extra for food and such.

Pop Tarts must be strawberry or vanilla.
    Oh shit. I gotta reread the thread for poptart head count. Lol
    I appeal the both the strawberry and vanilla poptart suggestion. Smores are the only ones that hold any value. Then again, I'll probably just be eating bananas.

I also call shotgun, bitches.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    Shotgun permission granted. As for the Pop Tarts, I realize that I hate them.
    I'm also bringing a damn GPS system.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • StrikeshellStrikeshell KTR. PTG. Joined: Posts: 363
    Hey just wondering when and where are there sessions for MVC3
    Know the Rules. Play the Game.
    We have a problem fellas. My left wheel alignment is fucked up and I don't have the cash to fix it before Saturday. I'll keep you posted on what is happening.

The sessions are random as hell since no one has time to really set things up. They are usually posted here you just have to keep an eye on the thread.
    It's all good in the hood.

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    Say it ain't so! T.T
    I know this sounds like some dick shit but after I fix this car, I have no money for the tourney. I going to be forced to use the extra cash for my personal gain. If anyone have an issue, step up now so I can sit your ass back down.
  • bowfacekillahbowfacekillah Joined: Posts: 106
    haitian sounds like you gotta step up your mechanic game. Tie rod? do it yourselffff
    Nah Haitian you good b
    haitian sounds like you gotta step up your mechanic game. Tie rod? do it yourselffff

If I could have fixed this problem myself, then I wouldn't be in this predicament. I wish I had someone who could fix this problem for free but that is impossible.
  • bglaugherbglaugher Joined: Posts: 696
    No one will do it for free, but there are people who would charge less then a shop.

I also bet Haitian mechanic game is better then his SF+Marvel.
  • GainGain nakaka bagut Joined: Posts: 506
    Hey guys. cheering for the LI crew tearing it up at Winterbrawl. Wish I could have gone (or trained to compete), but now that my exam is over with, I have more time. Hopefully I can join ya'll at the casual sessions too.

Speaking of which, a new comic game shop (Blu Planet) opened up very close to my house in Amityville, and they have room to hold casuals on some days. Hopefully this can be a halfway point between the Western LI and Eastern LI scenes since it is pretty much on the county boarder.

They will be holding a MvC3 tournament on the March 19th. I'm trying to get them to run SSFIV, but they want to start off simple with one game.

I will post a Thread about the details soon, but it looks like the tourn will be $5 entry, $5 house fee. It looks like first and second split the entry fees. I'm posting to find out interest.
    doki doki uppercut...
  • Lose-ControlLose-Control I mash Burning Kicks. Joined: Posts: 449
    GGs everyone it was fun. If you guys play on Live and want some Cammy practice feel free anytime to add me, gamertag is on the left.

And Moons I really wish we got those matches recorded, most epic matches of the weekend for sure!
    Hit me up anytime for some games.

XBL Tag: Lose Contro1
    Go, greased lightnin', you're burnin' up the quarter mile
    Greased lightnin', go greased lightnin'
    Go, greased lightnin', you're coastin' through the heat lap trials
    You are supreme, the chicks'll cream for greased lightnin'
  • MattFMattF Joined: Posts: 38
    Hey Gain i was there the other day im actually from Massapequa Park. The only problem is that you have to use wireless controllers. If you would ever wanna meet up for some games in Super IV pm me
  • GainGain nakaka bagut Joined: Posts: 506
    The owner was concerned about the sticks, but I think we can get all of that worked out. I believe he was concerned about those with customs having an unfair advantage.

If we can't convince him that that is not the case, I think it will be a deal breaker.
    doki doki uppercut...
  • MattFMattF Joined: Posts: 38
    Yeah i got a dual mod stick plus a Ps3 stick and a se stick so I would have enough if people wanted to play on a console of their choice
    Go, greased lightnin', you're burnin' up the quarter mile
    Go, greased lightnin', you're coastin' through the heat lap trials
    You are supreme, the chicks'll cream for greased lightnin'

I LOL'd hard

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
    GGs everyone it was fun. If you guys play on Live and want some Cammy practice feel free anytime to add me, gamertag is on the left.

And Moons I really wish we got those matches recorded, most epic matches of the weekend for sure!

Yeah man, that match was so great. Very good game!

MoONs
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • KonyKony Joined: Posts: 1
    Where's the nearest place that has AE? Does anyone know?