The Strong Island Post

Comments

• IngageIbukiIngageIbuki Team Arena Joined: Posts: 72
    Rawr stopping in cus i haven't since I signed up for this on FB.
    Rep'n Strong Island.
  • GainGain nakaka bagut Joined: Posts: 506
    Heyyyy everyone. Casuals at blu planet this Sunday. Anyone down?
    doki doki uppercut...
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    For what game and where?
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
    actually, it will be sunday,,. the store currently has mvc3 and mk9 posted. hopefully we'll be able to get an AE set up so ya'll can continue your yun training/match up. :D we'll try to get as many set ups as we can.

Blu planet
    45 Merrick Rd.
    Amityville, NY 11701
    doki doki uppercut...
  • SquaredSquared Joined: Posts: 253
    Would anyone be interested in playing some gg? btw, whens the next session?
    Guilty gear 4ever
    squared- there's a tournament today at Tenba games. you should checkitout. as for gg, not sure who on the island has been playing it, sorry. :(
    doki doki uppercut...
    squared- there's a tournament today at Tenba games. you should checkitout. as for gg, not sure who on the island has been playing it, sorry. :(
    Guess I missed that, I was already gone by then so ya...and I sadly will most likely not be able to make it to blu-planet today.
    Anyway, would anyone be interested in playing cvs2 or 3s maybe as a side event some time or another?(I have a ps2, 2 sticks, and both games)
    -
    O.k, so there's a comic shop in Valley stream, maybe you've heard of it; "mark's comics and collectibles." I know the owner and he was planning on getting set-ups in the shop for any random game tourneys(hopefully soon), so I told em I'd see what people wanna play. So does SFIVAE and MVC3 sound solid? Of course this is open to suggestion but I'm assuming everyone on LI plays at least 1 of the 2. I just wanna get an idea of how many people would show. Oh and if you happen stop by and inquire about wanting to play in a SF or w/e tourney, he'd probably get it done quicker. It's also a great store for non-video gaming needs.
    Guilty gear 4ever
    Baaah mofuckers!
    Rep'n Strong Island.
  • bglaugherbglaugher Joined: Posts: 696
  • Lose-ControlLose-Control I mash Burning Kicks. Joined: Posts: 449
    GGs to everyone I played yesterday. The money match we had was mad fun even though we ended up losing. It was good to see all of ya again, it was a fun time ggs all around.
    Hit me up anytime for some games.

XBL Tag: Lose Contro1
  • Nemesis00Nemesis00 HAPPY MORNINGS! Joined: Posts: 1,112
    Tuesday night at FNC SHOP! The debut broadcast of Deadly Bison Entertainment! Be there or be square!
    I know the secret to Ricky Ortiz's power. After he beats you he steals your soul and keeps it in his change purse.

#1 Hulk slayer on SRK
  • ChapterBChapterB Joined: Posts: 86
    O.k, so there's a comic shop in Valley stream, maybe you've heard of it; "mark's comics and collectibles." I know the owner and he was planning on getting set-ups in the shop for any random game tourneys(hopefully soon), so I told em I'd see what people wanna play. So does SFIVAE and MVC3 sound solid? Of course this is open to suggestion but I'm assuming everyone on LI plays at least 1 of the 2. I just wanna get an idea of how many people would show. Oh and if you happen stop by and inquire about wanting to play in a SF or w/e tourney, he'd probably get it done quicker. It's also a great store for non-video gaming needs.
    That shop isn't far from me! I'd be down to go, although I'm a total novice at SFIV.
    That shop isn't far from me! I'd be down to go, although I'm a total novice at SFIV.

It's a great for learning. Also pretty sure most if not all people will be down to help with anything you need to know. A good thing is you guys have a good variety of char so it will help you learn you match ups as well
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    mark's comics is like down the block from me, is he actually gunna start stuff? when?
    gt: Jailhouse
    also, whats the valley stream/five towns scene like anyway? anyone play casuals? i just graduated college so i need to look for a new casuals group and such
    mark's comics is like down the block from me, is he actually gunna start stuff? when?
    Well like I said, if you inquire about it, it would get done sooner. I'll talk to him when I get a chance and see whats going on with it.
    Guilty gear 4ever
  • OldBlaineOldBlaine Joined: Posts: 74
    this open to all NYC fighters. SOS Gamers is trying to help the community tomorrow with this event. Live DJ, alcohol, and food(not free but decent prices).
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-charity-tournament-dream-match-ny-ny.142173/
    hope to see you guys there.
  • oShiineooShiineo Death by a thousand cuts Joined: Posts: 113
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-21-2011-the-emperial-coliseum-ii-mvc3-ssf4-ae-and-mk9-franklin-square-ny.143176/

Tomorrow (technically today the time im posting this) August 21 2011 EMP Hosts bi weekly's at this PNT location in franklin square. Normally people like sanford and a few other emp members normally make it out to these. If you cant make this one, try to make the others. Its definitely to play against some heavy hitters of NY and EC in general. Come to play and see how you stack up to killers like sanford at the very least.
    GT- FNEX ShiiNe
  • vanivani Joined: Posts: 421
    I should have my car down at school this year so see you guys on tues or thurs next week. I'm alrdy in the facebook group so ill check that for more info.

But if anyone else from SBU is looking at this and wants to goto sessions pm me.

Will see if someone remembers me from the old sessions. See some familiar faces in the videos and on streams every once in awhile.
    Well like I said, if you inquire about it, it would get done sooner. I'll talk to him when I get a chance and see whats going on with it.

any updates on this?
  • DominickDominick Joined: Posts: 485
    crickets.

im on hiatus, coming back when umvc3 drops and 2012 update.

where will future sessions be held for next year?
    Word up thread.
    Rep'n Strong Island.
    fnc still tues and thurs?
    bump
    yes it is. Everyone is on FB group page so they never post here anymore
  • McTeaseMcTease Nay Joined: Posts: 404
    Good shit to Moons and the Strong Island crew this weekend. Ayo Diego where you at?
    Don't say my car's topless, say the titties is out.
  • Mo0NsMo0Ns Just like Cap but better. Joined: Posts: 443
    I just happen to randomly check this thread since it's kind of dead because of the facebook group. Thanks man

MoONs
    UMvC3: Nova, Taskmaster, Amaterasu / Shuma, Spencer, Doom
    SSF4AE: Cody
    twitter.com/xMOONS
  • fnLeXfnLeX Joined: Posts: 12
    BUMP!!

If your new to the FGC and live on Long Island (Suffolk Area), be sure to make it down to one of these.

Strong Island Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/172079346172816/

375194_267466376644916_100001446675320_813058_1447950943_n.jpg
    ‎****The Arena Presents ULTIMATE FIGHT CLUB Tournament 3****
    $10 Venue/$10 Game UMVC3 TODAY 12/15/11, 7:30pm signups
    @ The Arena 795 Udall rd, West Islip, NY 11795 (631) 539-6395

This will be the 3rd tourney for Fight Club Points So getcha game on!!!

We will also be running SFAE for $10 venue/ $5 Game
  • ChfMojoRisingChfMojoRising Joined: Posts: 63
    Applied to the Facebook groups~ hope there're some weekend events, because I have work at 5am weekdays. But screw it, plenty of time to sleep when you're dead right?
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    so SFxT at DustBowl is getting added prize support.. a Qanba 4Raf arcade Fight stick to first place!
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • FootNinjaFootNinja Joined: Posts: 14
    Just recently started posting here and I thought I would mention that I live in Central Islip. I and some others would love to have a place to play, so this thread will be helpful.
  • Vanek P.I.Vanek P.I. Joined: Posts: 6
    Just recently started posting here and I thought I would mention that I live in Central Islip. I and some others would love to have a place to play, so this thread will be helpful.
    Just look a couple of posts up. FNC every Tues/Thurs. 9pm to 12. And if you have a Facebook we have a group that is in that post as well.
  • FootNinjaFootNinja Joined: Posts: 14
    Yea I just requested the FB group and I knew about FNC but I work during the week 3:30 to 12 AM. Still good to know that LI has some sort of community.
  • the ghostthe ghost Trademarked?!?! Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the scene on LI and trying to find places to play, I know FNC is having an event tonight that I am going to check out, is there anything else in the way of tournaments/practices here without having to go to the city???
    Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the scene on LI and trying to find places to play, I know FNC is having an event tonight that I am going to check out, is there anything else in the way of tournaments/practices here without having to go to the city???

Just check and join our facebook group. everything is there.
    Hey Long Island! Good luck this weekend! I hope to see all of you doing your best on stream!
    doki doki uppercut...
  • fleishwalkerfleishwalker supreme commander of cheese Joined: Posts: 4
    holy crap this thread is too long for me to read, so ill just say that i am a high school student in manhasset who has gotten into fighting games recently, and i would love to get involved with any type of play when i'm available. While i suck right now, i'd love to get better and have some friendly competition. I have few friends who are also in the same situation as I, though we all favor different games. I personally do not like SF4 but i own and am willing to play most other games, and i guess i could try to go back to SF. My xbox gamertag is metalman31 but i plan on changing to fleishwalker in the near future, And good luck for all the islanders playing at evo!
    I do not think much LI heads look at this since they keep in touch on fb. The place I know they meet up is a bit of a drive in west islip. There is a spot in Nassau to but not to sure where
    holy crap this thread is too long for me to read, so ill just say that i am a high school student in manhasset who has gotten into fighting games recently, and i would love to get involved with any type of play when i'm available. While i suck right now, i'd love to get better and have some friendly competition. I have few friends who are also in the same situation as I, though we all favor different games. I personally do not like SF4 but i own and am willing to play most other games, and i guess i could try to go back to SF. My xbox gamertag is metalman31 but i plan on changing to fleishwalker in the near future, And good luck for all the islanders playing at evo!

Just look up a couple of posts. we have a facebook group we use. As well as sessions every tues thurs in West Islip and Valley Stream.