Bring back Championship Mode
Tighten reversal window

Comments

• Someguy92Someguy92 Joined: Posts: 659
    Rematch button in Endless
    That is all
    Check out Toonami on adultswim 12 pm est on Saturday. Seriously. Do it
  • SodaPOPSodaPOP "Stab The Pink" Joined: Posts: 1,216
    I'm simply curious, why are people so hung-up on no championship mode?
  • GarbiddleGarbiddle Joined: Posts: 4
    I pretty much stopped using the standard rated game matching system and only create my won games now, so at least i won't be screwed over by people trying to get in a quick hit at the start and avoid a decent fight. But i don't think that's how it should be.
    So, I'd really like capcom to show the match settings in the matchup screen so i don't have to check them every time before pressing ready (since in my experience about 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 match-makers -seems to be dependant on time/day- tries to get me in on single round games, often with less than full time and that frustrates me a lot).
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471
    Rematch button in Endless
    That is all

Assuming this only applies in 1v1 endless or if the host turns the feature on, this would make SSF4 100 times better than it is now.

I approve.
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    Turning sound to 0, disabling shortcuts and making dp motion :r::df::d::df: not :dp:
    Nice read.
  • PlatinumBDPlatinumBD Joined: Posts: 786
    Make SRKs 4 frames
    Replay search by Gamertag/Character/Class
    Skip button in the lobby
    Bring back Championship Mode
    Tighten reversal window

SRKs are fine.
    No.
    No.
    Fuck Championship mode, it's pointless with the current system. Super is fine as it is.
    The only thing you said that I agree with. Mashers and turbo users abuse the reversal windows. As Chris Hu would say "fix dat shit right now!"
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    ^^^ Why no to skip button in the lobby? Would be awesome if people could turn skip when they're just in an endless to spectate or have to AFK for something.
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
    ^^^ Why no to skip button in the lobby? Would be awesome if people could turn skip when they're just in an endless to spectate or have to AFK for something.

It isn't needed IMO. I mean really, just have one player hit ready, the spectator doesn't hit anything. Wait a few seconds, and they're skipped. There are other things that could be fixed besides that, like a rematch button in 1v1 lobbies (has to be enabled).
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,670
    They should umm put in a mode where I can play sf4 against 3s players on ggpo, with only 3s characters allowed of course. (and from an arcade cabinet)
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
  • tenyardmiketenyardmike Raised by Woofs Joined: Posts: 1,072
    It isn't needed IMO. I mean really, just have one player hit ready, the spectator doesn't hit anything. Wait a few seconds, and they're skipped. There are other things that could be fixed besides that, like a rematch button in 1v1 lobbies (has to be enabled).

would save a lot of time in the long run if you have a lobby with a spectator, much less more than one spectator.
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭
    No.

For the life of me I don't understand why you'd consider replay searches specific to a nominated character or gamertag a bad idea.
    Guacamole is awesome.
    For the life of me I don't understand why you'd consider replay searches specific to a nominated character or gamertag a bad idea.

Because isn't it so much cooler to get random videos of "just bought the game yesterday and haven't ever played a fighter before" adon videos while looking for videos of that great guy player?
  • TerraxTerrax Joined: Posts: 18
    I'm simply curious, why are people so hung-up on no championship mode?

If you play ranked, you play anyone. If you play Championship you only get people that are in your grade, worked out great in Vanilla
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭✭
    Tighten the reversal window. Seriously.
    If you play ranked, you play anyone. If you play Championship you only get people that are in your grade, worked out great in Vanilla

You play people in your grade if you set it to "same skill" and people in your grade or higher if you set it to "more skilled" with the current ranked system.
    Because isn't it so much cooler to get random videos of "just bought the game yesterday and haven't ever played a fighter before" adon videos while looking for videos of that great guy player?

You can always go to youtube.

Network Battle > Ranked > Custom > Search: Same Skill

Seriously, stop concerning yourselves over the games features and not the actual gameplay faults. Only thing that needs to be added; A movie gallery. We need a movie gallery, and it was silly for capcom not to add one. Goodness, I feel like I'm on GFaqs.com.
  • TerraxTerrax Joined: Posts: 18
    Network Battle > Ranked > Custom > Search: Same Skill

Seriously, stop concerning yourselves over the games features and not the actual gameplay faults. Only thing that needs to be added; A movie gallery. We need a movie gallery, and it was silly for capcom not to add one. Goodness, I feel like I'm on GFaqs.com.

It's actually th ecomplete opposite, everyone's complaining about some blonde amnesiac's U2 and some uppercut for a blonde fiery dude.

Also Same Skill never works
  • Devil-TriggerDevil-Trigger loading............. Joined: Posts: 239
    PlatinumBD why are you against making non gameplay stuff simpler? LOL seriously

Capcom would be adding to ways to play the game not taking away anything you already like
    SF3: 3rd Strike - Makoto, Elena, Hugo
    Super Street Fighter IV - Makoto, Gouken
    MK9 - Nightwolf, Jade
    KoF13 - Shen Woo, Mai, unknown
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • coolrunningscoolrunnings Eeeyah! Joined: Posts: 54
    For the love of God...improve Guy.
  • Czar Geese HowardCzar Geese Howard Joined: Posts: 129
    No rematches if you lose take it like a man and wait your turn
    Focus attacks are for scrubs
  • MrTanookiMrTanooki S-Rank Joined: Posts: 151
    Have Makoto's Karakusa force block
    Av by ReyArt
  • KranarKranar Joined: Posts: 12
    Maximize the amount of time spent between FIGHT and K.O.

Every second spent on skipping menus, transition screens, character intros, grading my Offense/Defense/Technical etc... is a second I could be playing and enjoying the game. This is just pure waste and does nothing to improve the game.

Make ranked matches anonymous until the game starts, no more cherry picking battles.

No ultra should take more than 5 seconds, these self indulgent ultras like Zangiefs that take 10-15 seconds to complete waste my time and while they may be cool the first 10 times you see them, they become boring the remaining 900 times.

Overall, cut out all the excess fat from the game. As technology improves the effort should be spent maximizing the amount of time I spend playing the game, not spent on stupid gimmicks or flashy screens designed for kids with massive ADHD.
  • kevfactorkevfactor Joined: Posts: 117
    quick match actually working, not game not there 90% of the time

a rematch button and just some way to speed up getting into battle :)
  • mc trizzlemc trizzle Joined: Posts: 183

Every second spent on skipping menus, transition screens, character intros, grading my Offense/Defense/Technical etc... is a second I could be playing and enjoying the game. This is just pure waste and does nothing to improve the game.

Make ranked matches anonymous until the game starts, no more cherry picking battles.

No ultra should take more than 5 seconds, these self indulgent ultras like Zangiefs that take 10-15 seconds to complete waste my time and while they may be cool the first 10 times you see them, they become boring the remaining 900 times.

Overall, cut out all the excess fat from the game. As technology improves the effort should be spent maximizing the amount of time I spend playing the game, not spent on stupid gimmicks or flashy screens designed for kids with massive ADHD.

i second this. ibukis ultra (forgot which) takes years to finish
    SSF4 main - boxer
    secondary - claw, dictator, seth
  • Silly GooseSilly Goose Joined: Posts: 356
    No rematches if you lose take it like a man and wait your turn

I don't think you get the idea. It's so if your playing one person online like in a 1v1 endless you can hit rematch like you do in offline instead of having to go back to the lobby, select characters, etc.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Why are there so stickied topics?

Shorten stages
    Reduce reversal window
    Reduce or remove autoblock
    Increase blockstun
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • greglifegreglife beautiful Joined: Posts: 153
    Start over with Gen. Give us vanilla Gen with super Gen's links.

Let Adon feint his st. hk like sagat! PLEEAASE! Also, Adon is in serious need of links. Have him be able to link into st. hp or cr. hk.

Air Ex jk should give you untechable as a juggle combo ender as it usually gives you the ut if hit normally.

Let Akuma lk tatsu - sweep everyone and give him a little more stun! (greedy)

Tighten reversal window.
    I got techniques drippin' out my buttcheeks
    Sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Smaller reversal window
    More block stun
    No more crouch tech
    Bring SFIV announcer back
    Tweak characters moves, damage, etc
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • MrHitsMrHits Joined: Posts: 54
    give makoto regular 1000 health
    make her U2 always do full combo instead of whiffing after the first hit
    increase regular and especially ex karakusa range, and her recovery time after a successful hayate, and she's ok
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the god damned "Unable To Join Session" problem on PSN.
  • The MullahThe Mullah lk kara throw repeat Joined: Posts: 2,576 ✭✭
    reversals are not fadc'able
    smaller input and reversal window
    remove crouch tech
    backdash is otg but not invincible

If you dont ask you dont get!
  • The MullahThe Mullah lk kara throw repeat Joined: Posts: 2,576 ✭✭
    reversals are not fadc'able
    smaller input and reversal window
    remove crouch tech
    backdash is otg from f1 but not invincible
    more blockstun

If you dont ask you dont get!
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    Put Seth like he was in Vanilla and fix:

U2 glitch
    Super Glitch
    Anti-air ex.tanden glitch
    uhhh... no teleport after sonic boom glitch
    U1 dmg glitch

Also:

Way less invincibility on backdashes, I'm sorry, but they are ridiculous as they are. Seeing sweeps whiff straight through your character while you're cornered is ridiculous.
    Tone down the lenient inputs, they're way too lenient now. Keep them AWAY from ST hardness, though.

That is all.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • AtaribombAtaribomb Fueled by Coffee Joined: Posts: 23
    I can really get behind the suggestion for a quick rematch option. Just make it so both have to agree to it or something. I know there have been some matches where I thought, "If I had just one more match with you I could turn it around."
    Also I know it's not a patch or a fix or anything, but I wouldn't mind some new stages.
    It's time for a-c-t-i-o-n.
  • kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭
    This thread has been stickied in a rush, obviously. Though it had the potential to be read by developers, if it is not organized with a clear first page, it won't be.
    Something like separating:
    - clear bugs
    - ergonomic corrections (matchmaking options...)
    - feature corrections (replays...)
    - and finally delirious attempts at getting the gameplay/character of choice changed.

Is the op responsible enough poster to review the thread and compile a good first page ?
  • ShaoTatariShaoTatari is a robot Joined: Posts: 21
    More than system tweaks, I'd like to see a few character tweaks, mainly on those that are not "working" right now.

It'd be really nice to see Makoto with more range on karakusa, +2 or +3 frames for all hayate versions(on hit), things like that. But I'm fine as long as anything reasonable is added.
    I'd like to see a few more of the auto combo into cinematic ultras not fail to reach the second stage despite fully connecting in the first stage ( adon's u1 and Dudley's u2 in particular, rarely happens with ibuki's u2 ). Seth's U2 has similar problems although it doesn't transition, really annoying with his health to land a full ultra only to have them get spat out early and nail you during recovery.

Most of the other stuff I'd like has been said, and don't wanna argue character balancing right now, too messy and subjective
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Add buffering to the execution.
    紅赤朱
    Turning sound to 0, disabling shortcuts and making dp motion :r::df::d::df: not :dp:

Agree with the possibility to disable shortcuts from the options.
    紅赤朱
  • tenyardmiketenyardmike Raised by Woofs Joined: Posts: 1,072
    Make Adons ultra 1 complete after the first hit

shit sucks when you get the first hit and the other 2 will miss because the opponent was a pixel out of the max range
    Have Makoto's Karakusa force block

Also, have makoto's EX Hayate go trough the fireballs.
    紅赤朱
    Agree with the possibility to disable shortcuts from the options.

How would that work though? Which shortcuts would it remove?

Meh, only thing that really bugs me about shortcuts is when they make inputs overlap ( hakan and Seth, sigh ) and that they're selectively applied. Seems odd that some moves have shortcutted inputs and others don't ... Something thar basic should be uniform

Agree.
    Though, I would prefer the cleaning to be an option in the options, because sometimes I want to see all the gimnicks. :)
    紅赤朱
  • ilovedawkinsilovedawkins Joined: Posts: 241
    Reduce hakkans oil animations or increase oiled time or both.
    Extremely important: put back the sf4 arcade requests thing, but this time in training mode, so we can use our time training while waiting for a match. :)
    紅赤朱
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Fix the bugged moves.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • RPGsFTWRPGsFTW Marvelous! Joined: Posts: 132
    Makoto's Hayate, all of them, should break armor. =p Why does a super fast punch NOT break armor/focus?

Hakan should get a little bit of something nice too. ;~;
    MvC3 - Wolverine, Dormammu, Sentinel, etc
    3rd Strike: Necro, Q, Makoto, etc
    GGxxAC+: Faust, I-No, Slayer, etc
    League of Legends: Trundle, Nunu, Cho
  • COY alanCOY alan Joined: Posts: 5
    Give akuma a faster-longer forward dash - his back dash is good but his forward dash is crap- and this will not make him overpowered just less defensive- ive asked and a lot of akuma players want that

it will be nice if his ultra 2 was more usefull

in general i beleive in general everybody wants to the game be tweaked so the whole general engine give more offensive tools instead of so many defensive options!!!

Dont tone down characters better tone up agressive options - people like to win by attacking not defending so much - rush or get rushed- masses of players love that