Patch these for SSF4 AE!

Comments

• COY alanCOY alan Joined: Posts: 5
    Create new characters instead of bringing back characters from other sf games
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭✭
    General Options:
    - Fight request in training
    - Show disconnect rating

Akuma:
    - Increase health SLIGHTLY
    - Tatsu-sweep on everyone

Hakan:
    - Shorter oil animation
  • btfu88btfu88 GetMoneyMyrick Joined: Posts: 437
    ^Cant you check disconnect on people? Feel like you can.

And then making new characters because Hakan was a disappointment, seriously they couldn't have come up with a better character than a red oil wrestler? I'd also like to see some seth vs urien matches
    Say Goodnight Chmp
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    Make Akuma and Gouken's real themes play in battle instead of their rival themes >_>.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Hakan able to 360 a stunned Dudley please.

Also, online training mode would be an awesome addition, it'd help a lot of us without offline friends who play SF step our games up.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • roxtcroxtc Joined: Posts: 245
    In Arcade Mode, let any controller from 1 - 8 be able to challenge. Sometimes I have a few friends getting together for casuals and everyone brings their own controller. Some of us use DS3, TE, FS3, and it's different enough so we'd all prefer our own sticks. It's stupid how we have to keep reassigning the controllers. Shouldn't be complicated coding.
  • XavionXavion Out of Retirement Joined: Posts: 60
    1. Add arcade request as a toggle in training mode (have it just from the pause menu, and default to off every time to avoid irritation during dedicated practice).

2. Put Gouken and Akuma's Real themes for arrange music (ENOUGH with the damn Ryu remixes already...)

3. No more METERLESS 3-frame reversals. EX reversals having this are OK because of meter cost, but no one should have a near bullet-proof reversal for free. FADC after such reversals would then be OK because it would cost effectively 3 bars.

4. If new characters are added (and the recent screens make this all-but-certian), the entire cast should have a Balance review. Just dropping new characters in is a recipe for broken bullshit.

This Balance review should not only look at reversals per #3 but all aspects of all character's moveset, particularly the bottom tier characters by consensus (I think Sakura, Dan, Hakan, Gen and Makoto are all indisputably in that tier).
    I find your lack of win disturbing.
  • tenyardmiketenyardmike Raised by Woofs Joined: Posts: 1,072
    no more auto correct anything.

makes certain characters TOO safe
  • qialqial Joined: Posts: 215
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    99% of this will not happen. i dont think capcom is really going to give a fuck about the current state of things... at least not now.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • tenyardmiketenyardmike Raised by Woofs Joined: Posts: 1,072
    a shot in the dark if it happened, but..

bring back old themes
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    [dreams]
    6 super bars and only 4 needed for the super itself.
    Also, focus cancel using only one bar, instead of two.
    [/dreams]
    紅赤朱
  • JDH the AuditorJDH the Auditor Airthrow Manwhore Joined: Posts: 614
    I am in the crowd that wants a player match. Or let me set up an endless lobby that functions during arcade request mode.

And don't even start with that "just set up a two player endless lobby" bullshit. It's not the same thing, unless you have a dedicated sparring buddy for the session, which just isn't always the case.

Rematch button is a good idea. Hells yeah.

Hell, other than that, let's please wait a little longer before crying for rebalance. While us American's seem to think Dee Jay is shit, the Japanese think he's the best of the 10 new comers. That should open all of our eyes to the fact that maybe we don't have the tiers so figured out yet (I'm not saying the Japanese are more correct than us, I am just saying that SOMEONE is wrong, if not BOTH of us, and we don't know who it is yet). It's not time to start calling for "give X character Y frame data change, or Z hit box change, please".

Oh, unless you're bitching about Rufus's U2. Because if you are doing that, well then, carry on....
    MVC3: Dante Viper Amaterasu
    SSFIV: Claw, Viper (Extremely shitty Viper)
    SFIV: Claw
  • megadeth078megadeth078 mid-tier whore Joined: Posts: 470
    [dreams]
    [/dreams]
    If i have full meter, I could do 6 safe shoryukens?

your dream sucks.
  • $ynic$ynic Joined: Posts: 108
    Like a great playthrough hero once said... "Patch the hitboxes!"

Also, still think they should implement variable FADC costs. 1 bar for fireballs, 3 bars for SRK-type stuff, things like that. Would make the game less stupid with random safe shoryu's and more tactical with meter management. It would give Capcom a new balancing tool and give players new options to play with. Not that it's ever going to happen..
    Mechanical Intelligent Construct Hardwired for Assassination and Efficient Learning
    If i have full meter, I could do 6 safe shoryukens?

your dream sucks.

No, my dream is epic. :arazz:
    紅赤朱
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221
    Also, still think they should implement variable FADC costs. 1 bar for fireballs, 3 bars for SRK-type stuff, things like that. Would make the game less stupid with random safe shoryu's and more tactical with meter management. It would give Capcom a new balancing tool and give players new options to play with. Not that it's ever going to happen..

Agreed. Very strongly agreed
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭✭
    so basically transform FADC into the roman cancel system it's mostly based on anyways.
    The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
  • $ynic$ynic Joined: Posts: 108
    I've never played GG (though read about it) so if this idea is a well-known game mechanic I apologise, but I thought about this idea a while ago and posted about it without too much response. What I'm basically getting at is that Capcom shouldve looked at the potential risk/reward situations that could rise with FADC's out of special's or normals and made adjusted the meter cost accordingly.

One of the examples I used was of course SRK. Imho, SRK should have more meter cost for FADC'ing out of it, because of the rewards or punishments inherent to guessing right (Comboing certain moves, Ultra's, stopping momentum, mix-up advantage, etc) or wrong (big punishment). With FADC costing 2 bars you get a chance at the rewards without running the risk of big punishment. IMHO 2 bars is way too low of a cost for that kind of "panic button", especially with how characters that benefit most from FADC (Ryu, Sagat, Rufus, etc) also tend to build meter very fast. So maybe a way to balance this out more would be to make the cost higher, therefore forcing the player to put more thought into his guess to DP and allowing offense to flow more freely.

On the flipside, FADC mixups tend to be very interesting in a match and allows for characters to close the gap with a mix up. Things like fireballs, scissor kicks, seismo's etc, could maybe only cost 1 bar to cancel out of, since the risk inherent in these moves is almost zero anyway (when used right) and thus you would essentially be paying 1 bar to get in on a defensive char with an offensive mix-up. Again, with some fireballs being better than others, some fireballs might warrant a 2 bar cost to FADC for the rewards that they bring.

IMHO it's all about setting straight the skewed risk/reward situations that Capcom has created by implement 400+ dmg ultra's and FADC.

In essence, I just think making FADC cost 2 bars across the board for every move of every char was very shortsighted by Capcom and with it, they took away a lot of options to balance the game or influence the way the game is played.

EDIT. original post, bouncing the idea back and forth with DevilJin : http://shoryuken.com/f315/how-ssf4-more-offensive-231107-post8662850/?highlight=#post8662850
    Mechanical Intelligent Construct Hardwired for Assassination and Efficient Learning
  • WonderswanWonderswan PUTTIN' QUARTERS UP Joined: Posts: 684
      Courtesy duffs. Highest priority for patch.

What? you need more than that? lol okay, okay. Reversal timings do need to be fixed.

Online modes need to be back to only two so that the player base isn't divided anymore than it needs to be.

Better system of searching for replays by character, handle, points, rank, etc. Would definitely make sorting through all the trash a lot easier.

A little off topic but, I am still seriously up for paying for a DLC pack of new stages, preferably classics (tell me Honda's bath house stage redone wouldn't own? =p) but anything to get off this boring day and night version crap.

Hoping for any kind of character changes at this point is just silly. Best you can hope for is maybe some hit box changes. OH HI VIPER c.MK!
    "A capacity for unlimited effort will hurdle the difficulties that frustrate lukewarm enthusiasts." - Loomis
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    ^Cant you check disconnect on people? Feel like you can.

Yes you can. Select Player Data before starting the match.
    And then making new characters because Hakan was a disappointment, seriously they couldn't have come up with a better character than a red oil wrestler? I'd also like to see some seth vs urien matches

Gonna have to disagree with that. Hakan is that shot outta left field that really brings diversity to the roster. I think he's a nice polar opposite to Juri, the other new character to this game. He may not be in your taste, but he has fans (myself included) and you have 34 other characters to choose from.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • AlboShinobiAlboShinobi Joined: Posts: 631
    GGPO and buff weaker characters. New stages would also be nice
    "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win! "

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlboRacerZ
  • vizard2605vizard2605 Down for the Count! Joined: Posts: 243
    1- the option to change my button configuration during online matches, to avoid rage there should be a marker, like player name goes red or something so that the guy waiting knows that the guy is checking buttons, the 200 or so second thing should still be there, so if they take too long then they miss go.
    2 - i'm all for spectate mode on endless, sometimes 20 seconds can really kill momentum, especially if it goes on for ages, (name will be green)
    3-tighter reversal window
    4- i main Dudley, and what i hate the most is going from cr.block into step straight... why did i just zip past this jumping opponent? i went from down back to forward... are the inputs this lax? capcom... fix this please
    5- a new system that uses the points on your main charaacter or the character that you used for the last 5 battles or sumthing for the "skill level" cause PP just ain't cutting it for me...

6- I can't appreciate the current bonus games... can we get survival and time attack back please? *ooh! brain blast! an online mode related to those bonus games too please*
    7- what everyone above me said about the replay channel... I want to search by name (*you should be able to look through friends replays),
    Character and rank, It's not fun searching through new replays and shifting through characters and rankings... it works well in character ranking, can't we get it working in replay channel please?
    Tekken: Bryan/Devil Jin
    BlazBlue: Valkenhayn
    UMvC3: Magneto(a)/Ironman(a)/Dr.Doom(b) (my most flexible team atm.)
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    snip

Agree that variable FADC costs would be nice.. but disagree with 3 bar FADC Shoryus.. that seems too much. Skewed risk reward can definitely be annoying, but
    seriously they couldn't have come up with a better character than a red oil wrestler?

No, they couldn't. Really.. I'm not sure it's possible to come up with a better character. Karate Clown comes close though.
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
  • SupMyKneeGrowsSupMyKneeGrows Joined: Posts: 85
    They need to bring back Player Matches. Endless is bad for learning.
  • brybry Utahraptor? Joined: Posts: 202

No, they couldn't. Really.. I'm not sure it's possible to come up with a better character. Karate Clown comes close though.

For instance, Abraham the Israeli Krav Maga user and Bain the Irish pub brawler would've sucked WAY worse that a red oily man with helmet hair who.. wait.

What the fuck, Capcom...
    "its ironic for fchamp to call anybody a f*ggot when this nigga is sweeter than cotton candy real talk" - youtube commenter

dino avs by aberz and savaii
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    Irish pub brawler would be close, but not quite there. A scotsman would get the job done better like always anyways
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
  • NinjazNinjaz pure scrubbery Joined: Posts: 112
    wow...some of the shit i'm seeing on this board is fucking lunacy. This game already facilitates way too much bullshit. Anyways, I expect capcom to nerf makoto and guy.
    I exhibit pure scrubery, then vanish.......without a trace.
    Also, have makoto's EX Hayate go trough the fireballs.

that would make things too "difficult" for shoto players. Why do you think jump arcs are so fucking small in this game? Any tool makoto has that could possibly make life complicated for shotos, got nerfed the fuck out. Maybe seth killian is talking in their ear or some shit.
  • robotic elfrobotic elf like in the stories Joined: Posts: 747
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The ability to record offline matches.

The ability to search replays would be good too.

As few gameplay changes (beyond extra characters) as possible.
    Is SpoonyGosling
    This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.
  • NyoronoruNyoronoru Vocaloid DLC Joined: Posts: 1,647
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The ability to record offline matches.

The ability to search replays would be good too.

As few gameplay changes (beyond extra characters) as possible.

I'll quote you to save time because that's exactly what I want.

And uh... make it so that all three hits of Fei Long's Chicken Wing can break armor... please?
    Life is too short to waste not trying your best!
  • Someguy92Someguy92 Joined: Posts: 659
    And uh... make it so that all three hits of Fei Long's Chicken Wing can break armor... please?

Nah its already a beast move. Don't make life harder for me.
    Check out Toonami on adultswim 12 pm est on Saturday. Seriously. Do it
    Regarding the online, I really think it should be implemented the "if I disconnect in the middle of the match I lose that match" thing.
    It's ridiculous seeing how many ragequitters are out there...
    紅赤朱
  • AtaribombAtaribomb Fueled by Coffee Joined: Posts: 23
    I'd like the ability to export replays so you can share them online similar to how it's done in FIFA.
    It's time for a-c-t-i-o-n.
  • candeisiscandeisis Joined: Posts: 663
    Fix all the bugs in the bug thread, an fix makotos cross up! She cant cross up ryu, fei or juri (maybe others too) mid screen reliably
  • DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭
    uhhh... no teleport after sonic boom glitch

It's actually not a glitch. You can't teleport with negative edge, so if you try to teleport a little too soon, you will activate (EX) SRK by releasing PPP.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
  • werecrowwerecrow Joined: Posts: 12
    Add a tag or multiple character gameplay option, 2v2 or 3v3, KOF style, there are enough characters to bust that one out. Add grooves to that shit too. Make the game faster, have more moves chain into each other, also juggling and less damage scaling.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment Joined: Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭
    - Hell yeah to search parameters for replays. What type of donkey would not want that?
    - A pass/skip option would be cool for Endless. Saves time (and the earlier argument against it was preposterous).
    - Co-current matches in tournament mode.
    - Championship can come back or not, I'm indifferent.
    - Some way to export saved replays into a stream site. Capcom could even make bread by making Cap-Unity the only place to stream them.
    - Mailing replay files to whoever in your friendslist would be cool.
    - Screw it, just totally copy how Bungie handles their Halo 3 files for SSF4 replays.
    - New costumes (charge 'em, whatever). And things that make sense; like Chun Li's Alpha gear.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD
    SFxT: Asuka(m), Christie(m), Cammy, Jin, Lei, Sakura, Ken, Nina
    SCV: Maxi(m), Lexia, Siegfried, Mitsurugi
    DOA5U: Mila(m), Ayane, Sarah, Momiji
    KI: Orchid(m), Fulgore
    BB:CS: Noel(m), Ragna

http://kalyxtriad.wordpress.com/
  • SupernovaSupernova Joined: Posts: 7
    There definitely needs to be a way to search through the replays. At least tie the leaderboards to that player's most current replay, like it was in the last game. Having to scroll through to find high level players is dumb.

I like the idea of an online training mode.

One thing I would like to see changed is the command grab ultras that aren't instant (Guy U2, for example). Maybe I missed out on the discussion on why that is, but it seems stupid to me. Make it instant so it might actually be useful. As it is now, as soon as the screen pauses, they can just jump away. Dumb.

Like everyone else, I would like to see the auto-correct gone, the reversal window shortened, and some of the easy inputs gone, but I don't think we'll get any of that.

I would also like to see overheads with a little more priority over cr.lp and cr.lk. to enable a little more offense.
    [dreams]
    [/dreams]

Adding another dream:
    Building meter during the combo should be as fast or faster than building meter by not connecting the moves.

I want to combo the shit out of everyone, even if the damage scaling ruins most of the fun. :D
    - Some way to export saved replays into a stream site. Capcom could even make bread by making Cap-Unity the only place to stream them.
    - Mailing replay files to whoever in your friendslist would be cool.
    - Screw it, just totally copy how Bungie handles their Halo 3 files for SSF4 replays.

Don't know about Halo, but the coolest thing would be a software, on a server or locally, to which you give the replay and it creates the video with the best quality possible (maybe even with raytracing!) and then uploads it wherever you want! :D
    紅赤朱
    Don't know about Halo, but the coolest thing would be a software, on a server or locally, to which you give the replay and it creates the video with the best quality possible (maybe even with raytracing!) and then uploads it wherever you want! :D

I like the sound of that!
    like Capcom should create a DLC program that is basically the graphics engine, The recording are already saved to HDD, but we can't do anything with it though :(
    this way after you've had your fun and Games you can exit SF and open the video creator -> select replays -> Give them names -> Render them as a batch (max res. of 720p) and save them to your Video directory, (I vote for *turn of <console> after rendering*)

PS3 isn't suited for Raytrace rendering... the models in game are as good as they are going to get.

yh and once again, changing my buttons during online play, fight request for Endless plus having it in the training room would be boss!
  • bushinryubushinryu Joined: Posts: 146
    For the love of God...improve Guy.

i second that!!!!
    I like my avatar
    PS3 isn't suited for Raytrace rendering... the models in game are as good as they are going to get.
    Are you sure?

:)

I like the sound of that!
    like Capcom should create a DLC program that is basically the graphics engine, The recording are already saved to HDD, but we can't do anything with it though :(
    this way after you've had your fun and Games you can exit SF and open the video creator -> select replays -> Give them names -> Render them as a batch (max res. of 720p) and save them to your Video directory, (I vote for *turn of <console> after rendering*)

Just pointing out a thing: youtube accepts and plays video up to quadhd (3840x2160) @ 30fps, so in theory that should be the resolution of the uploading. :D
    Clearly if they release a local rendering program it would take a ridiculous amount of time to upload a quadhd video to youtube with the current lines, so the best thing would be an output at 1080p30 of about 200MB (for 5min of video).
    If they use a online rendering server then quadhd videos are completely viable, being that those servers are always connected at at least 100mbit. :)
    紅赤朱
    Are you sure?

I'd like to point out that it took 3 PS3's to render a car of about a million pollies... a STATIONARY car, now... we only have one PS3 (plus the xbox has to be thought about too XP) two moving character at about 30k pollies each, environments, NPC's, lights, particle effects (projectiles), special effects (burn, electrocuted), all of these will have to be rendered at 60fps, and you're asking for this in 2160p?

I just graduated a 3d modelling and animation course, my final project was a 30 second long video and it took me a 3 days to finish rendering, I don't know the power of the cell processor in the PS3, it might be enough but the Xbox360 runs on a 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon -Wikipedia. my pc has more processing power. so one way or another it won't work.

On youtube, the maximum framerate is 30fps, Street fighter is not a game I need to watch in 1080p to appreciate what's going on, I mostly watch in 480p or on the off chance 720p, the DLC would have to create the video in 60fps but YT would downscale it into 30Fps which would take time, looking at the spec. for the consoles and if the software comes out, I'd be surprised if it goes past 480p resolution

If this actually happens I'd definitely put money down to buy it.

p.s. think about how large the file would be for a 5 round match at 1080p (around 4 minutes), do you have the space to hold more than 5 of those at this moment?
    my final project was 30 seconds at 512 x 288, the file was 400mb uncompressed.
    oh jeez, it's gone into console vs console bs.
    oh jeez, it's gone into console vs console bs.

I assure you it's not, I was commenting about it not being possible to do quadHD rendering on BOTH if ANY console out there
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment Joined: Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭

That, my friend, is exactly what Halo 3 does right now.

Should be multiplayer game standard, really.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD
    SFxT: Asuka(m), Christie(m), Cammy, Jin, Lei, Sakura, Ken, Nina
    SCV: Maxi(m), Lexia, Siegfried, Mitsurugi
    DOA5U: Mila(m), Ayane, Sarah, Momiji
    KI: Orchid(m), Fulgore
    BB:CS: Noel(m), Ragna

http://kalyxtriad.wordpress.com/
  • Urban WolfUrban Wolf Joined: Posts: 27
    Improve all the weaker charcters.Recorded offline batte.Give charcter new moves would be nice.one of the biggest thingest things for me would to make juri pinwheel hit from behind.how the hell can you jump over her and it not it its a fricking real same goes for her 2 ulrta you can jump right thou it the back part don't hit you.
  • Czar Geese HowardCzar Geese Howard Joined: Posts: 129
    Gouken needs more health he can dish it out but for the big guy he is he can't take it

Guy needs a defensive teleport move something similar to what juri has

Hakan needs is running grab to hit all crouching opponents not just big characters

Ill leave with the subject of big characters we all know the weakness of a big character is they are jump in and cross up victims but there is no positive for having a big character that needs to be fixed like giving them dominant through range or throws it looks silly when Ryu starts throwing Sagat around like nothing just cause he blocked Ryus jump in
    Focus attacks are for scrubs
  • Czar Geese HowardCzar Geese Howard Joined: Posts: 129
    Gouken needs more health he can dish it out but for the big guy he is he can't take it

Guy needs a defensive teleport move something similar to what juri has

Hakan needs is running grab to hit all crouching opponents not just big characters

Ill leave with the subject of big characters we all know the weakness of a big character is they are jump in and cross up victims but there is no positive for having a big character that needs to be fixed like giving them dominant throw range or throw proirity it looks silly when Ryu starts throwing Sagat around like nothing just cause he blocked Ryus jump in
    Focus attacks are for scrubs