Patch these for SSF4 AE!

Comments

• MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471 ✭✭
    Maybe make FSE like Yun's 3rd strike SA3?
    ·
  • gl600fbgl600fb Joined: Posts: 27
    They really needs to fix the Sagat U1 glitch in the corner against some characters like Rose and Sagat.. I am waiting for this for 2 years already..

-Juri ex wheel kick needs to move further, it is an anti-projectile move and ineffective with such a short distance..
    -Evil Ryu needs some buff to his normals..
    -Cammy dive kick needs buff, maybe not instance divekick, but make it lower in the air to execute
    -Abel Cod 1st hit un-punishable, too hard to hit confirm as Abel; Also make his cl. hp hit crouch opponents
    -Yun 2hk-U2 glitch fix
    ·
    Yeah I noticed Sagat's U1 glitch as well, against Ibuki. I'd randomly drop out of it and then I'd be like "oh nice" and then proceed to get a free combo.
    ·
  • FenorFenor Joined: Posts: 115
    They really needs to fix the Sagat U1 glitch in the corner against some characters like Rose and Sagat.. I am waiting for this for 2 years already..
    they need to fix claw U1 too if opponent is airborne and the first hit hit the ultra will wiff
    -Juri ex wheel kick needs to move further, it is an anti-projectile move and ineffective with such a short distance..
    not needed her anti projectile move is the parry teleport
    he seem good to me
    -Cammy dive kick needs buff, maybe not instance divekick, but make it lower in the air to execute
    no thanks.
    -Abel Cod 1st hit un-punishable, too hard to hit confirm as Abel; Also make his cl. hp hit crouch opponents
    it's quite easy to hit confirm into cod so don't make it safe, expecially considering che damage output and the option
    -Yun 2hk-U2 glitch fix
    i don't consider this too much of a glitch never seen in a real match but it need to be fixed along with yang wakeup invincibility
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Juri's U1 does not need buffs. It's already scary as fuck in the right hands, two mistakes and you're dead.

Besides, buffing her Ultras is not the way to go. She needs to be better, Juri as she is now relies too much on her Ultras to be effective.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • o Rebelli0n xo Rebelli0n x Mt. Yermomalot Joined: Posts: 42
    I think maybe they took away some of the shortcuts in the game?
    I think they took away the tap motion for srk and that messed up everything else <
    that over there is what I play with so it doesn't help that capcom decides to take away shortcuts out of nowhere.
    Bad things happen in the dark ~ Satsui No Hado
    ·
  • LucanLucan Joined: Posts: 4
    Juri's U1 does not need buffs. It's already scary as fuck in the right hands, two mistakes and you're dead.

Besides, buffing her Ultras is not the way to go. She needs to be better, Juri as she is now relies too much on her Ultras to be effective.
    Although it would help if they fix U2 inexplicably whiffing sometimes.
    ·
  • yoroshikuonegaishimasuyoroshikuonegaishimasu Joined: Posts: 10
    There are more important things to 'patch' than fixing "Replay search by Gamertag/Character/Class" or "Skip button in the lobby". These trivialities pale into insiginificance to the bugs and glitches in the PC Arcade Edition - How about T.Hawk's fierce 360 grab failing to log any damage to the opponent's lifebar? Or when Sakura flips out whilst doing her Shouoken and warps back and forth across the screen at light speed (while her opponent does the same - it only stops when Sakura presses a button). On this evidence I'm sure there are many more I haven't seen yet.
    ·
  • ShadolooDollShadolooDoll Joined: Posts: 2,919 ✭✭
    I'd like my 5000/B ranked Juri back in SSF4 thanks ONO

edit: I may go back to playing SSF4 because right now I think AE is unbalance piece of sh*T they better fix it
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

·
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the competitive aspect of the game at all, but...does anybody else wish they'd switch out the old character portraits on the select screen with the more recent SSFIV portraits?
    This: http://images.wikia.com/streetfighter/images/b/b9/SSF4_akumaart.jpg

Looks way better than this: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091022184742/streetfighter/images/thumb/b/be/Akuma_sf4.jpg/185px-Akuma_sf4.jpg
    Gotta be hungry.
    ·
  • D_DollarsD_Dollars the BASED ken Joined: Posts: 1,655
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the competitive aspect of the game at all, but...does anybody else wish they'd switch out the old character portraits on the select screen with the more recent SSFIV portraits?
    This: http://images.wikia.com/streetfighter/images/b/b9/SSF4_akumaart.jpg

Looks way better than this: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091022184742/streetfighter/images/thumb/b/be/Akuma_sf4.jpg/185px-Akuma_sf4.jpg
    guess our opinions differ. i absolutely hate the new portraits for most characters.
    ssf4 ae:ken aka da based ken
    P4U:mitsuru aka da based mitsuru
    ·
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    I'd like an option to record all training room activity to my saved matches list.
    Nice read.
    ·
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    not needed her anti projectile move is the parry teleport

Without any regard to what it would do to her game or the knock-on effects (as I'm not informed enough to say, so take this for what it is) I think it would be at least a "cool thing" for Juri to be able to move her ex-pinwheel back and forth like the lariat, and it wouldn't be illogical for her to be able to do it.
    Nice read.
    ·
  • FenorFenor Joined: Posts: 115
    Without any regard to what it would do to her game or the knock-on effects (as I'm not informed enough to say, so take this for what it is) I think it would be at least a "cool thing" for Juri to be able to move her ex-pinwheel back and forth like the lariat, and it wouldn't be illogical for her to be able to do it.
    why would you go for the ex.pinwheel when to punish a fireball when you can teleport in his face and do the big damaging combo? btw lariat can be baited i shot a slow tiger shot then kara-tiger knee on your face when you are recovering from the lariat... or another tiger shot faster that hit you on recover... really it's not a big fireball inv. move for gief.... green hand is way better
    ·
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,090
    I'll be honest, there is only ONE nerf I seriously want for AE 2012. Nerf all regular throws. Nerf it across the board, everyone loses damage and range on regular grabs, they can no longer beat 360s either.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Not_sure_if_serious.jpg
    ·
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DarkSamusDarkSamus Yet another Ken scrub. Steam = darksamus12 Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Source - Thanks everyone for all your suggestions for SSFIV AE Upper!

So the name will be "Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Upper"?
    *Removed image due to excessively large size*
    ^^LMFAO I guess I can't post pictures of my penis^^
    Perfect For Any Playstation Controller
    ·
  • divinemarkpizzadivinemarkpizza Joined: Posts: 297
    buff gouken hes cool
    ·
    ^ Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Dead serious. Grabs are too full of shit in this game. Why can you grab from so far? Why can you grab people out of moves? Why can I get grabbed out of 360 grabs?! Either make certain moves startup invulnerable to grabs or weaken grabs overall. Not talking command grabs either. Just regular lp+lk grabs. And no I'm not salty about it, I don't fall for it often, I use it all the time thought and it works. I don't like it, its dumb IMO.
    I like his signature
    Yeah it was a hilarious message I got from an XBL user. Made me lol
    ·
  • SasakiSasaki *~ Stardust Drop ~* Joined: Posts: 1,343
    Go play some ST, then shit your pants I guess : /
    "You should be able to win a match without using a single special or super move. No normals, no game, know normals, know game, I tell you!" - Jerry "normal" Bell
    ·
    Here's non-balance stuff I want them to change/add:
    - Lower char/stage selection time
    - "Skip turn" option in lobbies
    - Rematch option if there are only 2 players in a lobby
    - Battle log saves last 100 matches
    - "Spectator" battle log saves last 100 matches that you spectated in a lobby ("Save Reservation" still saves it permanently)
    - Search for new "follow" replays should be manual or should at least have an option to switch from manual to auto
    - Offline replays
    - Option to turn off health-related damage scaling in training mode (makes it easier to see the max damage a combo can do)
    - Ability to set P1/P2 meter options independently
    - Option to display a dizzy bar in training mode, regardless of whether or not stun is enabled
    - Option to disable wakeup blocking even if auto-block is turned on in training mode
    - Option to have dummy perform a recording as wakeup move
    - Longer record time in Training Mode + save/load recording feature
    - Select/Back resets character positions in training mode
    - Ability to switch Ultras, and swap P1/P2 sides (ie P1's char becomes P2's and vice versa) in training mode without needing to go back to the char select screen
    - Fight request in training mode
    - Online training mode
    - Option to set background music to randomly play stage/p1/p2 theme, as opposed to just stage or player theme (could even have this as an option on the char select screen)
    - Ability to reserve/unreserve spaces in a lobby
    - Option to hide player info (ie. scores, names, titles) from the screen
    - HDR style button configs on char select screen
    - Show the Ultra input motion on the select or vs screen
    - Updated Trials
    ·
    All of that would be awesome, but I would guess we get 0 of those things.
    ·
  • divinemarkpizzadivinemarkpizza Joined: Posts: 297
    Here's non-balance stuff I want them to change/add:
    - Lower char/stage selection time
    - "Skip turn" option in lobbies
    - Rematch option if there are only 2 players in a lobby
    - Battle log saves last 100 matches
    - "Spectator" battle log saves last 100 matches that you spectated in a lobby ("Save Reservation" still saves it permanently)
    - Search for new "follow" replays should be manual or should at least have an option to switch from manual to auto
    - Offline replays
    - Option to turn off health-related damage scaling in training mode (makes it easier to see the max damage a combo can do)
    - Ability to set P1/P2 meter options independently
    - Option to display a dizzy bar in training mode, regardless of whether or not stun is enabled
    - Option to disable wakeup blocking even if auto-block is turned on in training mode
    - Longer record time in Training Mode + save/load recording feature
    - Select/Back resets character positions in training mode
    - Ability to switch Ultras, and swap P1/P2 sides (ie P1's char becomes P2's and vice versa) in training mode without needing to go back to the char select screen
    - Online training mode
    - Option to set background music to randomly play stage/p1/p2 theme, as opposed to just stage or player theme (could even have this as an option on the char select screen)
    - Ability to reserve/unreserve spaces in a lobby
    - HDR style button configs on char select screen
    - Updated Trials

good ideas
    ·
  • DanoninoDanonino Winning for once. Joined: Posts: 512

These are fantastic ideas... I know I just picked a few from the list but I honestly never thought of these and they are class.
    Never attempt the same move after you have been once thwarted!
    ·
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,091
    yeah those are great ideas ilitirit. I always really wanted a "Wakeup" menu in training mode where you could set it to block, backdash, record and playback or random (including record and playback) on knockdowns.
    I ain't talkin romance but you'll get swept off your feet- Guru R.I.P.

"Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "- chuckZdZZ (or something like that)
    ·
  • yoga fyahyoga fyah hype du jour Joined: Posts: 298
    I read somewhere that you can hide the trohpy/rank info for PP and BP (added in AE) from the options menu. Haven't tried it though since I don't mind them but you may want to give it a shot.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭
    Dead serious. Grabs are too full of shit in this game. Why can you grab from so far? Why can you grab people out of moves? Why can I get grabbed out of 360 grabs?! Either make certain moves startup invulnerable to grabs or weaken grabs overall. Not talking command grabs either. Just regular lp+lk grabs. And no I'm not salty about it, I don't fall for it often, I use it all the time thought and it works. I don't like it, its dumb IMO.

the only time youve been grabbed out of a 360 grab is if he did his throw first. if you are getting grabbed out of regular moves then you shouldnt be doing moves with slow startup right in front of peoples faces. throws are fine as they are.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • ImAFatLoserImAFatLoser Joined: Posts: 117

-Yun 2hk-U2 glitch fix

hell no her kick doesn't need more distance, its not for projectiles, its for chaining her ultra.

then again, im sure your not biased
    niggerdicfafdsfqasafkpenis.png
    ·
    the only time youve been grabbed out of a 360 grab is if he did his throw first. if you are getting grabbed out of regular moves then you shouldnt be doing moves with slow startup right in front of peoples faces. throws are fine as they are.

I know how it works. But its true, you can get grabbed out of 360s. I use Hakan and he gets grabbed out of 360s all the time even if I do the throw first. And yes I know EX 360s for all grapplers have slower startup and can get grabbed but I don't like how that works either. I know its just my lack of skill but throws have irked me since Vanilla. For some reason 3rd strike just makes much more sense to me in distance of throws. I'm just being scrubby, whatever.
    ·
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it was a hilarious message I got from an XBL user. Made me lol

Relative to other game, normal throws really suck in SF4.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
    ·
  • ClxJamesClxJames Still A Beginner... Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Fix Akuma and Ryu Ex Tatsu. Sick of being punished for landing an attack
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
    ·
    What's wrong with EX tatsu?
    ·

Ryu has had it for awhile. Then in AE, in addition to nerfing the damage and stun on Akuma's Ex Tatsu, he now has the same glitch as Ryu

Ive heard of some hard nerfs (look at the twins) but actually giving someone a glitched tatsu?
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
    ·
    I thought AE fixed the EX tatsu glitch? Are you sure the glitch is still in AE?
    ·
    I play Ryu every now and then and it occurs much much less in AE but does still pop up every now and then. Happens a lot as Akuma
    ·
    yeah ryu's isn't fixed, it happens on blanka a lot.
    ·
    Glitched EX Tatsu can give you good damage if you know setups for it.
    ·
    Yea like getting grabbed by Gief's Ultra 1 as punishment for landing a supposed combo ender?
    ·
    You're still airborne if you're actually using it for a reset setup. Ever watch Air's Ryu tutorial?

Anyways, Akuma vs Gief is like 7-3 or 6-4. Not being able to use EX tatsu in this matchup is hardly worth noting.
    ·
    Yea like getting grabbed by Gief's Ultra 1 as punishment for landing a supposed combo ender?
    That shouldn't happen with Ryu at least cos you're still airborne. If he's mashing it'll whiff and you can punish.
    ·
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

^ A real bug that actually deserves to be patched. When you throw 12 nerfs at a character, please make sure you actually deliver more than halfway on the few buffs that you promised, thanks CAPCOM. :)
    I see in frames IRL
    ·
  • ThundaThunda Joined: Posts: 608
    For a while I thought DeeJay's was the same(lights have to be linked to cancel)....Then I just chalked it up to my sucky timing....never really checked into it.
    ·
  • Ryuken9Ryuken9 Joined: Posts: 504

You can do that, I used to do that with Ken, to practice his lk cross up tatsu after a forward throw to see if it's a true safe jump, I record Ken throwing then doing the tatsu. Then with any other character I perform various wake up attacks after Ken threw me.
    SSF4 AE : Seth/Ken/Sagat/Evil Ryu

PSN is full of pussies
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭

^ A real bug that actually deserves to be patched. When you throw 12 nerfs at a character, please make sure you actually deliver more than halfway on the few buffs that you promised, thanks CAPCOM. :)
    I was unaware of this
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭
    For a while I thought DeeJay's was the same(lights have to be linked to cancel)....Then I just chalked it up to my sucky timing....never really checked into it.
    All lights have to be linked in order to cancel, the problem with Cammy's is that even when you link on the first 2-3 link frames, they still won't cancel.
    I see in frames IRL
    ·
  • ThundaThunda Joined: Posts: 608
    Damn, the more you know.

That is REALLY unfortunate for cammy.....How come noone went to the devs about that?...I mean that's a big one....You'd think someone would be screaming and hollering about somethin like that.
    ·
    Can anybody explain this? Does Gen have a wakeup glitch in SSF4 AE? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJkTAM-kFc

·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anybody explain this? Does Gen have a wakeup glitch in SSF4 AE? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJkTAM-kFc

gen neutral wake up vid

yeah. he gets i believe 2 frames of inv on a neutral wake up. its been known for a while. theres one or two other characters who have similar neutral stick wake up giving 1 or 2 extra inv frames

it has something to do with the actual wake up animation not being complete, and being neutral dosent lock the character into the blocking animation

im sure an engine expert will elaborate more
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    Can anybody explain this? Does Gen have a wakeup glitch in SSF4 AE?

Yeah, he has 1f of invincibility on all his wakeups. Yang has 18f and Adon has 1f of invincibility only on facedown wakeups.
    ·